Nekron vs Galactus vs Anti Monitor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

manx422
Nekron vs Galactus vs Anti Monitor
Who wins
http://media.comics.ign.com/media/143/14300105/img_7042778.html

occultdestroyer
Too early to call for Nekron.

All I have to say is he is definitely a notch higher than any of the Lantern avatars (Parallax, Ion, Predator, Black Hand)

Not sure if that makes him in the league of Big G or AM though

galactusischere
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Too early to call for Nekron.

All I have to say is he is definitely a notch higher than any of the Lantern avatars (Parallax, Ion, Predator, Black Hand)

Not sure if that makes him in the league of Big G or AM though
thumb up but AM is more powerful than big G(unless he gets the UN)

the Darkone
No Galactus is more powerful than Anti Monitor, Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over on his own power, with Ultimate Nullifier it's overkill.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by the Darkone
No Galactus is more powerful than Anti Monitor, Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over on his own power, with Ultimate Nullifier it's overkill.
facepalm

Too early to call for Nekron. Though, it would seem that he is feeding off the power from AM's body. Galactus isn't too much of a threat.

Blanket
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Galactus isn't too much of a threat. Herald my fist in your face.

guy222
Lets see how Nekron fares during BN

Galan007
Originally posted by the Darkone
Galactus can destroy the universe 10x over on his own power laughing out loud

---

anywho, since we can obviously only take into consideration what nekron has done up to this point in time, he wouldn't even register as a threat to the others - as a *standard* captain atom easily owned him.

that said, only time will tell what his 'new' powerset will be - but as of now - galactus ftw.

guy222
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2272139_Blackest_Night_4_025-26.jpg

Survivor19
Galactus backhands Nekron drinks up BL power battery and says "another drink, QUICKLY, b***ch".

guy222
Lets see if Johns makes good on his promise

Knowsbleed33
What was his promise?

Also, wasn't the huge hand in one of the prologue issues suppose to be Nekrons? In BN #4, Nekron is normal sized.

Prep-Man
Which issue exactly? And Nekron is supposed to be the opposite of God. If so, he takes out both with no problem.

Xplosive
Galactus

Prep-Man
Galactus can defeat the opposite of God?

galactusischere
big G IF this is the SC verson of AM

Omega Vision
I hate the way Johns is so bad about power levels. How do you defeat the opposite of God? Answer: some White Lantern bullshit.

AsbestosFlaygon
The funny thing is, that is plausible.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I hate the way Johns is so bad about power levels. How do you defeat the opposite of God? Answer: some White Lantern bullshit.

It's far better to see all of them doing the Captain Planet thing than to see Supes save the day again...

Cartesian Doubt
Originally posted by Galan007
laughing out loud

---

anywho, since we can obviously only take into consideration what nekron has done up to this point in time, he wouldn't even register as a threat to the others - as a *standard* captain atom easily owned him.

that said, only time will tell what his 'new' powerset will be - but as of now - galactus ftw.

"Standard Captain Atom" had to harness the full energies of the Quantum Filed to do this ... I.e. the Zero Point Field, the stuff that push galaxies apart - the energies that where capable of destroying an entire universe in countdown, and knocking "Guardian-Prime" through the time stream. Now there its questionable if these events are cannon, however it does show how powerful D.C> regard Captain Atom's power source. There was a guy called Whirly on this forum, whom really used to know his D.C. stuff; and although he was the biggest Superman fanboy around, he would often accept that Captain Atom at full power would beat him. Look how Morisson portrayed a parallel version of Captain Atom in Superman beyond; he regarded him as the Ultimate version of the Robert Mayer Super human.... I really don't think we can right off Nekron based on the Captain Atom fight. I see it as comparable to when the Surfer tapped into the energies of the Kylnn, to kill the Primordial Gods, or when Suzanne Richards tapped into the powers of hyper space to kill a Celestial.

I'm pretty sure Nekron is above both these guys, Geoff Johns has described him as the "Ultimate Evil"; which probably entails that he considers him to be more powerful than the Anti Monitor.

Plus he already made Uber powerful characters like Krona, Scar and the Anti Monitor his bitches, in a sense.

And if we want to use a really Straw man argument, we can say the Krona whom was previously working for Nekron, was the guy who pimped Galactus in the JLA/Avengers crossover.

xJLxKing
We don't know what Nekron is yet. We do know he represents darkness, but we don't know if the presense, or the source created him. Though, he does seem to be much stronger then Galactus

Omega Vision
I'd say on implied power Nekron stomps but based on feats the AM wins. Galactus really doesn't stand a chance here.

Cartesian Doubt

He's not the opposite of God .... He's an abstract entity taking physical form. He's one of the Incarnations of death, not the incarnation of Anti-God. I suppose you could argue that if the D.C. God is the source, which Morison describes as the Ultimate concept, then Nekron being a physical form of a concept -is a part of God, but he's hardly the Anti God.

If anything he's more similar to Sandman , Eternity or maybe even the Speed force, which is a concept that has manifested as an entire Dimension rather than a sentient being. the D.C. universe is very much rooted in a Platonic Idealism, where the physical is just shadowy, imperfect version of the conceptual.

When you bear in mind that the Emotional Spectrum is the conceptual made physical, its not hard to see why the Emotional energies will be an effective weapon.

If you don't understand what i mean, take this analogy.

Imagine that the D.C. physical universe is in fact the matrix, but in reverse.

Thoughts, emotions, and concepts (Call them "mental enititys"wink are actually the real world (I know this sounds weird but bare with it), while the physical realm, i.e. Superman physical appearance and abilities are the virtual world.

Now the "real world" (in the Film matrix), is superior to the virtual world created by the machines, in that if the machines of the real world want to change the matrix, they can.... The virtual matrix world cannot affect the real world, and is therefore inferior.

The same goes for the D.C. universe. The Conceptual, Thought, Mental realm is superior to the D.C. physical world-therefore the anything that is conceptual or mental, i.e. emotions, and concepts such as Death has dominion over the D.C. physical universe.

As the "Mental entities" are superior they can take inferior physical forms, if they want to represent themselves in this way. This is why we have things like the Speed Force, and the emotional spectrum. The concept of speed has manifested itself as an entire Dimension, and the emotional thought processes have manifested themselves as form of plasma.

guy222
Lets see if Johns makes good on his promise

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Cartesian Doubt
He's not the opposite of God .... He's an abstract entity taking physical form. He's one of the Incarnations of death, not the incarnation of Anti-God. I suppose you could argue that if the D.C. God is the source, which Morison describes as the Ultimate concept, then Nekron being a physical form of a concept -is a part of God, but he's hardly the Anti God.

If anything he's more similar to Sandman , Eternity or maybe even the Speed force, which is a concept that has manifested as an entire Dimension rather than a sentient being. the D.C. universe is very much rooted in a Platonic Idealism, where the physical is just shadowy, imperfect version of the conceptual.

When you bear in mind that the Emotional Spectrum is the conceptual made physical, its not hard to see why the Emotional energies will be an effective weapon.

If you don't understand what i mean, take this analogy.

Imagine that the D.C. physical universe is in fact the matrix, but in reverse.

Thoughts, emotions, and concepts (Call them "mental enititys"wink are actually the real world (I know this sounds weird but bare with it), while the physical realm, i.e. Superman physical appearance and abilities are the virtual world.

Now the "real world" (in the Film matrix), is superior to the virtual world created by the machines, in that if the machines of the real world want to change the matrix, they can.... The virtual matrix world cannot affect the real world, and is therefore inferior.

The same goes for the D.C. universe. The Conceptual, Thought, Mental realm is superior to the D.C. physical world-therefore the anything that is conceptual or mental, i.e. emotions, and concepts such as Death has dominion over the D.C. physical universe.

As the "Mental entities" are superior they can take inferior physical forms, if they want to represent themselves in this way. This is why we have things like the Speed Force, and the emotional spectrum. The concept of speed has manifested itself as an entire Dimension, and the emotional thought processes have manifested themselves as form of plasma.
I always think of the Matrix as the poor-man's Allegory of the Cave.
I know all about how metaphysical concepts have power in the DCU, what I don't like is that DC overdoses on it. I mean after Final Crisis I don't need anymore thought=reality jazz and I think writers need to stop introducing a new ultimate evil in every crisis. How many goddamn ultimate evils are there?

quanchi112
Galctus wins at this point.

Omega Vision
Well fed Galactus can beat the SCW Antimonitor but Classic AM eats the Big G for breakfast.

Cartesian Doubt
I always think of the Matrix as the poor-man's Allegory of the Cave.
I know all about how metaphysical concepts have power in the DCU, what I don't like is that DC overdoses on it. I mean after Final Crisis I don't need anymore thought=reality jazz and I think writers need to stop introducing a new ultimate evil in every crisis. How many goddamn ultimate evils are there?

The matrix is sort of a allegory of the cave, sort of ... Its closer to the Cartesian "Evil Demon" thought experiment, but what ever. Yeah I agree. The D.C. universes "Meta physics/Meta literature" is synonymous with the Platonic realm of the forms, I used the Matrix analogy cos not everyone is acquainted with the Platonic Cave thought experiment.

But I agree, D.C. is using the whole Idealism card too often.

I get the impression that Marvel went through a similar transition during the early 90's late 80's. Hence all the wired characters like Oblivion, Death, Eternity etc.

But I do agree, ... the whole Conceptual made physical IMO is boring. Using BAD meta physics to justify weird/super physics is a massive cop out. IMO its as lame as the pre enlightenment scientists explaining nature using religion.

I suppose ancient mythology use to do the same, and the D.C. universe is a kind of mythology... but for what was originally a sc-fi reality, its getting too mystical/transcendental.

How can the Flash run so fast? ... he's linked to meta physical abstarct entity that has made itself physical.

How do the Green Lanterns rings work? ... Emotions are abstract entity's that manifest in a form of sentient plasma

How does the Red Tornado create hurricane winds ? ... He is an avatar for the abstract conceptual form of air, manifested in the physical

How does Firestorm transmute elements ? ... He is an avatar for the conceptual abstract fire, represented as heat in the universe. Therefore anything heat can do in the physical, so can Firestorm ?

And the list goes on ... but i just think its a lazy over used explanation for the super natural, wrapped up in a pretentious, inaccurate pseudo philosophy.

IMo its as bad as when Marvel used to explain every Super power using Mutations ...

WhiteWitchKing
Fhite!

quanchi112
Well fed Galactus can beat the SCW Antimonitor but Classic AM eats the Big G for breakfast. I disagree.

galactusischere
How does Galactus defeat the AM at his prime?

Prep-Man
AM wins.

AsbestosFlaygon
Toss-up between Galactus or AM.

I'm leaning more on Galactus.

quanchi112
Originally posted by galactusischere
How does Galactus defeat the AM at his prime? More powerful.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by guy222
http://s1d4.turboimagehost.com/t/2272139_Blackest_Night_4_025-26.jpg

There is one thing, Nekron looks cooler than the 2, but looses to AM.

AsbestosFlaygon
For once, I agree with quanchi.

Galactus is above the concept of Death, and a peer of the abstract Death itself.

Anti-Monitor has died, meaning death applies to even a being such as him.

And besides his CoIE showing, AM isn't Abstract-level.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
For once, I agree with quanchi.

Galactus is above the concept of Death, and a peer of the abstract Death itself.

Anti-Monitor has died, meaning death applies to even a being such as him.

And besides his CoIE showing, AM isn't Abstract-level.
Lol
laughing out loud laughing out loud

Parmaniac

Anti-Monitor has died, meaning death applies to even a being such as him. And Galactus wouldn't die if he would stop making BBQs with planets amirite?

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Lol
laughing out loud laughing out loud What's funny about his post?

galactusischere
Originally posted by Parmaniac
And Galactus wouldn't die if he would stop making BBQs with planets amirite?

probably not. He would turn into a star.

Scuzz2.0
galactus seems to be being underestimated here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
galactus seems to be being underestimated here. I think Galactus clearly wins.

TheTyrant
SCW AM < Nekron < Galactus
Nekron < Galactus < CoIE AM

Prep-Man
AM > Squirrel Girl > Galactus.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by TheTyrant
SCW AM < Nekron < Galactus
Nekron < Galactus < CoIE AM
thumb up

Post-CoIE AM is ridiculously weak

Prep-Man
Oh, we're using the weak AM? It's a non fight, then, but COIE AM would stomp.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Oh, we're using the weak AM? It's a non fight, then, but COIE AM would stomp. How would coie Am win let alone stomp?

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by quanchi112
How would coie Am win let alone stomp?
He's destroyed almost all of DC's multiverses in CoIE.
Something that the other 2 have never done.

Mindset
Something that the other 2 have never done. Well, Galactus is from Marvel. embarrasment

Prep-Man
Something that the other 2 have never done.

yeah, but the SC AM couldn't beat Aunt May on his best day. big grin

quanchi112
Something that the other 2 have never done. Through prep and because they were unaware until his plans were almost complete. Was they were aware he was stopped and almost beaten to death by supergirl alone.

Galactus doesn't want to either.

AsbestosFlaygon

Not WANT, he CAN'T.

There are far lesser beings in Marvel capable of defeating him.

Then he still has to deal with the stronger abstracts.

quanchi112
Not WANT, he CAN'T.

There are far lesser beings in Marvel capable of defeating him.

Then he still has to deal with the stronger abstracts. The un can do so with the press of a button. When beings realized what Am was up to he was stopped and the whole reason he wasn't stopped earlier is because most were unaware. You just nuked your own argument.

TheRavager
And if we want to use a really Straw man argument, we can say the Krona whom was previously working for Nekron, was the guy who pimped Galactus in the JLA/Avengers crossover.

The Krona that showed up in JLA/Avengers possessed the power of at least 2 universes. This is not the same Krona that was enslaved by Nekron.

It's like saying Thanos pimped Eternity, Odin looked better than Thanos, therefore Odin > Eternity.

Of course this is omitting the fact that Thanos had all of the Infinity Gems when be beat Eternity and he didn't when he faced Odin, but it is much the same deal with Krona in JLA/Avengers.

But when did something like a major plot detail ever stop a fanboy's ABC illogical reasoning?

-Pr-
Through prep and because they were unaware until his plans were almost complete. Was they were aware he was stopped and almost beaten to death by supergirl alone.

Put the crack pipe down.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Put the crack pipe down. Drugs are for those who seek escape from reality whereas I embrace reality.

-Pr-
Drugs are for those who seek escape from reality whereas I embrace reality.

Then why do you get it so wrong?

Mindset
Or does he get it so right that it seems wrong?

SquallX
Originally posted by Mindset
Or does he get it so right that it seems wrong?

It's just wrong.

Galan007
Nekron wins.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Then why do you get it so wrong? Originally posted by Mindset
Or does he get it so right that it seems wrong? Bingo.

SquallX
Originally posted by Galan007
Nekron wins.

Depends on which Anti were using.

I'll even claim Sinesto Corps Anti could give Nekron a fight.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.