Thor vs Sandman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

basilisk
This is Sandman, a guy who has given Hulk and Thing a bit of trouble, vs Thor. No prep, no BFR.

1) No hammer, in the city
2) No hammer, in the sandiest part of the Sahara desert
3) With hammer, in the sandiest part of the Sahara desert

Placidity
Sandman can't be beaten by being punched I don't think. I also don't buy the thunder clap business that is sure to pop up.

1) Tie

2) Sandman buries him alive miles underground.

3) Thor for some reason.

DarkOdin
Wins all 3 and take it 10/10

i don't think sandman go stand up to the windstorms Thor could produce.

Or he could use lighting to turn sandman to glasss ",maybe" or at least the sand around him.

He could cause a huge rain storm and wash out sandman.

Then when he get mjolnir BFR

basilisk
OK, I should have been more specific with the first two options since Thor can control weather without his hammer - NO WEATHER POWERS can be used until he gets the hammer. And it was no BFR specified.

Parmaniac
1. Stalemate, Thor as the dominant force
2. Stalemate, Sandman as the dominant force
3. Thor

DarkOdin
Originally posted by basilisk
OK, I should have been more specific with the first two options since Thor can control weather without his hammer - NO WEATHER POWERS can be used until he gets the hammer. And it was no BFR specified.

embarrasment i missed the no BFR part sorry hmmmm.

1. In the city he stil could pull some wins be using the his enviroment

2. Sandman will get the majority here

3. Thor pawns him

occultdestroyer
Can Thor matter manip to the subatomic level??

Blanket
Thor scatters Sandman throughout the city. It's taken a while for Sandman to regen just by being scattered in a small room.
Thor easily wins the first one.

It will be interesting to see how Sandman does with all that sand though.

Digi
Thor, all scenarios. God of Thunder, people, hammer or not. He's created whirlwinds that send people into space. Sandman would never put Thor down. It would take a long ass time in the desert, and much less time in the other two. I'm not sure what constitutes BFR in this scenario, but he could easily disperse Sandman enough for a "KO" of sorts.

Also, yes, with the hammer he can matter manip. So in the third scenario that's another easy win.

Mindset
Originally posted by Blanket
It's taken a while for Sandman to regen just by being scattered in a small room.
Wtf?

When was this?

The Nuul
Hulk is dumb and Thing is not the smartest one either and they are just 1 sided tanks. Thor is not a tank, hes much more versatile.

Sandman also doesnt have the strength to even hurt Thor.

Thor stomps.

psycho gundam
thor has some control over the earth now, i wonder how it would play out in a fight against sandman.....not that he needs any of that to win however.

scenario 3 is not necessary at all, sandman has 0 chance of beating thor with mjolnir, he'd probably win 8-10/10 without it anyway.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Hulk is dumb and Thing is not the smartest one either and they are just 1 sided tanks. won't matter in a fight against sandman cause hulk would be able to power out of any confinement sandman puts him in, same with thor.

the thing and the hulk are not in the same class, if the thing is a "tank", the hulk is far more.

jalek moye
Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor has some control over the earth now, i wonder how it would play out in a fight against sandman.....not that he needs any of that to win however.
. didn't he always or atleast should ahve always, his mother is Goddess of the earth and all.

psycho gundam
that's what i always thought.

i must have missed the issue where he "accepted his heritage" in more recent issues, cause way back when he mentioned being the son of gaea the elder goddess. she even revived him after he was downed.

basilisk
Originally posted by Digi
Thor, all scenarios. God of Thunder, people, hammer or not. He's created whirlwinds that send people into space.

True, but that's why I changed it. In scenario 1 and 2 he can't use his weather powers, so he's fighting by strength alone, like the Hulk had to.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's what i always thought.

i must have missed the issue where he "accepted his heritage" in more recent issues, cause way back when he mentioned being the son of gaea the elder goddess. she even revived him after he was downed.

i don't have this month issue yet but we haven't seen Thor uses any of his "earth" power yet. The only thing we have seen is Thor you some sort of energy blast during the ragnarok series. without mjolnir and no odinpower. Thor then says something about being a god and using his abilites. Then a huge red energy blast around him and the guys he was fighting it should be in the respect thread.

Kris Blaze
While Sandman should theoretically be invulnerable, he still feels a lot of pain after struck. He screamed out whenever Spidey hits through him, etc.

gobstakid777
1.Thor
2.Sandman
3.Sandman

DarkOdin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
While Sandman should theoretically be invulnerable, he still feels a lot of pain after struck. He screamed out whenever Spidey hits through him, etc.

If thats the case Thor stomps all 3.

Kris Blaze
There's also all sorts of odd things Thor can do. One time he swirled his cape fast enough to create a whirlwind. Sandman is just out of his league here.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by gobstakid777
1.Thor
2.Sandman
3.Sandman

PLease tell me how sandman wins in the 3 one. He has his weather control matter man. at the list goes on

Digi
Originally posted by basilisk
True, but that's why I changed it. In scenario 1 and 2 he can't use his weather powers, so he's fighting by strength alone, like the Hulk had to.

All you said was no BFR. You didn't specify no weather powers. Dispersing Sandman isn't BFR....it's, well, dispersing him.

srug

D_Dude1210
1. Thor 10/10. Disperses Sandman enough for a win.
2. Thor 6/10. Harder but same deal.
3. Thor 100000/10. Spite.

DarkOdin
All you said was no BFR. You didn't specify no weather powers. Dispersing Sandman isn't BFR....it's, well, dispersing him.

srug

He posted it up after my first post on this thread i basically said the same thing you did.

Eternal Idol
Thor wins all 3. He doesn't need Mjolnir to use his magic.

Kris Blaze
Regardless, one thunderclap would ruin Sandman.

Mindset
Or hit him with lightning.

basilisk

srug

OK, a couple of posts into the thread I specified no weather powers, after someone correctly pointed out he doesn't need the hammer for that.

Dispersal is OK I guess, as long as it takes him too long to reform.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor wins every time.

Digi
Powerful enough lightning would also likely change the atomic structure of sand. Again, the desert scenario would take forever. But Thor still wins every time.

Sans weather powers....I dunno, stalemate? But only in the desert.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.