G.Lantern, Thor vs Superman, Silver Surfer.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Current versions of everyone, figth takes place on an asteroid, and are determined to win this without any holding back.

Slaanesh
team 2...Superman can hold Thor until SS finish with GL and help him beat Thor..

lawest9
BTW, just so there'll be no confusion here......this GL is Hal Jordan!

Spire
team 2...SS can hold GL until Superman finish with Thor and help him beat GL..

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not holding back? Nah, Superman is not beating Thor.

His speed is dangerous, but with his power set he can easily protect himself against it.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

His speed is dangerous, but with his power set he can easily protect himself against it. what power allows Thor to deal with someone who moves as fast as Flash and can fly?

Spire
yea toaderly!

I forgot all about Thor's numerous combat speed feats, after-images, super speed limb movement, etc...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
what power allows Thor to deal with someone who moves as fast as Flash and can fly?

First of all he isn't as fast as the Flash. Where did you get that fact from? Not on the same level when it comes to speed aspects.

He possesses faster than light reflexes, and can you know make indestructible barriers surrounding himself, that Superman cannot get past. That should basically cover any defensive needs.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Spire
yea toaderly!

I forgot all about Thor's numerous combat speed feats, after-images, super speed limb movement, etc...

Yea you did. thumb up

Spire
Yea you did. thumb up

Fail.

Seeing the light and discovering a secret cache of never before seen combat speed scans is worth two thumb up thumb up.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fail.

Seeing the light and discovering a secret cache of never before seen combat speed scans is worth two thumb up thumb up.

Nah. I was just playing along.

It's not my fault you don't read Thor, and consider his power set and showings a secret cache.

Starscream M
and can you know make indestructible barriers surrounding himself really? what kind of barriers?

Rage.Of.Olympus
really? what kind of barriers?

Just that, barriers. He can use Mjolnir to create Force Fields or Vortex's around himself. Hell, it contained a blast that would have destroyed 1/5 of the Universe without a problem.

He once used it against the Hulk to keep him at bay to talk to Odin, and the Hulk was hopeless no matter how hard he tried.

Starscream M
Just that, barriers. He can use Mjolnir to create Force Fields or Vortex's around himself. Hell, it contained a blast that would have destroyed 1/5 of the Universe without a problem.

He once used it against the Hulk to keep him at bay to talk to Odin, and the Hulk was hopeless no matter how hard he tried. hmmm, ok. thanks for the info. why doesn't he use it more often...does it drain him?

Spire
Nah. I was just playing along.

It's not my fault you read Thor, and consider his power set and non-showings a secret cache.

It's ok.

Spire
hmmm, ok. thanks for the info. why doesn't he use it more often...does it drain him?

Why should he, when he mostly dominates opponents with his FTL reflexes?

kgkg
Superman can beat Thor or GL
Surfer can beat Thor or GL

Good fight. Team 2 For majority and the ability to amp Superman can be very dangerous for team 1.

Rage.Of.Olympus
hmmm, ok. thanks for the info. why doesn't he use it more often...does it drain him?

No it doesn't drain him in any way. At all.

When he used it against the Hulk, he set up the Vortex, and was casually having a chat with Odin, asking him to remove his powers so he can fight the Hulk on equal ground.

He doesn't use it more often for the same reason he doesn't use any other of his powers a lot. Plot. You have Thor swinging around Mjolnir, and unleashing his powers and strength, while pissed off, and you'd have a blood bath like Blood and Thunder.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman can beat Thor or GL
Surfer can beat Thor or GL

Good fight. Team 2 For majority and the ability to amp Superman can be very dangerous for team 1.

Thor can beat Superman or Silver Surfer.
Green Lantern can beat Superman or Silver Surfer (I wouldn't argue against the Silver Surfer personally but Thor can pick up the slack.).

Good fight. Team 1 for the majority and the ability to drain Superman can be very dangerous for Team 2.

stick out tongue

xJLxKing
Team 2 wins thanks to SS.
SS can amp Superman. With that, Superman can beat anyone one Team effortlessly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Not really. Silver Surfer could amp him if he musts but with Thor and Green Lantern on the team, they can just as easily negate or counter or it.

kgkg
^ Even if that was possible Surfer can give his power Cosmic to Superman and he can go One shot both of them.

id369
Hal can duplicate rings, and give one to Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
^Lol I was thinking exactly of that as I entered this thread.

Originally posted by kgkg
^ Even if that was possible Surfer can give his power Cosmic to Superman and he can go One shot both of them.

That would simply give them one target. While Silver Surfer transfers the Power Cosmic, and Superman is awed and shocked by this new found power, Thor God Blasts him, steals his Life Force and so on.

Also, I believe I've seen Thor manipulate Cosmic Power. Could he negate the Power transfer?

thanos-prime
Thor and Hal

kgkg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor creates a Vortex around him and Green Lantern. And then as this new Superman attempts to penetrate it. Thor God Blasts him. It's a one way view. All he would see is a giant vortex/barrier surrounding his opponents. He comes to inspect it, and gets a God Blast to the face.

big grin

Spire
Superman decides to stand around doing nothing. Thor creates a Vortex around him and Green Lantern. And then as this new Superman attempts to penetrate it. Thor God Blasts him. It's a one way view. All he would see is a giant vortex/barrier surrounding his opponents. He comes to inspect it, and gets a God Blast to the face.

big grin

Fix'd.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fix'd.

Remove:
Superman decides to stand around doing nothing.

And add in:
While Superman is shocked by his newly attained power, Thor creates....

That works better.

eek!

id369

Kris Blaze
Team 1 has got what it takes. Surfer's main style is energy attacks which works very poorly against Thor.

I'd say Team 1 nicks it at around 51/100 fights.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team 2 wins thanks to SS.
SS can amp Superman. With that, Superman can beat anyone one Team effortlessly.

I'd like to see some of that amping.

I also wonder what makes you think that Hal Jordan can't amplify Thor in a similar manner, seeing as he's a regular human who fights on herald level? I mean, is Hal as durable and strong as a regular human? Or does that ring of his have any kind of way to amplify him? My money's on the latter smile

Enyalus
Originally posted by id369
Hal can duplicate rings, and give one to Thor.
SS can duplicate Hal's ring and give one to Superman. stick out tongue eek!

Team Two wins, BTW.

Philosophía
Wouldn't Thor benefit from the ring's augmented abilities, including the speed?

I hope you're not having in mind the pre-Crisis, one-shot Hal speedfeat that I posted, are you ?

Kris Blaze
Thor creates a Vortex around him and Green Lantern. And then as this new Superman attempts to penetrate it. Thor God Blasts him. It's a one way view. All he would see is a giant vortex/barrier surrounding his opponents. He comes to inspect it, and gets a God Blast to the face.

big grin

Regular energy blast is more than plenty.

Naija boy
Hmm. Team 2 wins a slight majority.

id369

Sasaraixx
Hmmm. This all boils down to SS in my opinion. Supes is eventually going to lose to Thor and Hal. If Surfer can take care of his opponent before that happens, then Team 2 wins. I just don't know if that will happen enough.

Team 1, 6/10

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Hmmm. This all boils down to SS in my opinion. Supes is eventually going to lose to Thor and Hal. If Surfer can take care of his opponent before that happens, then Team 2 wins. I just don't know if that will happen enough.

Team 1, 6/10

I don't think they'll be split up into two and they fight their respective opponents solo. They would most likely swap opponents a couple of times, and seeing as Hal knows all about Superman's weaknesses. Whether or not this alleged weakness to Speed Thor has actually exists is debatable. We do know however that Superman is weak to kryptonite, period. In a forum battle like this it's absolutely ludicrous to assume that Hal wouldn't use it.

Philosophía

Kris Blaze
Nice. What's wrong with using that scan though?

I mean, we all KNOW that Hal's ring can help his physique?

Philosophía
Because it's a one-off scan that, if taken literally, implies that Hal's reaction time/movement is far faster than lightspeed, and thus contradicting pretty much everything as far as GL's are portrayed ? Not to mention that it's pre Crisis and no matter what everybody says no, it doesn't apply.

It was a scan that I posted soley to laugh at nanosecond statements actually meaning anything (like another one-off statement, when Surfer went all 'I've only got a nanosecond left' which, funnily enough holds far less weight as far as debates go, since this one is actually narration and not character spoken) when, it's obvious that Green Lanterns like Hal, human Green Lanterns, have nowhere near that level of speed. By the same line of thinking, I can make Byrne era Superman faster than light, with nanosecond type of statements.

Kris Blaze

Philosophía
Do you think Hal is able to see a photon coming at him in slow motion ?

Seriously, it's ridiculous to use this kind of scans as any kind of evidence.

jrodslam
Team 1.

Kris Blaze

Stunner2xx
Wow Hals Jock strap is about to tear with all you people clinging on to it for dear life.

Team one Dies

SS and Superman complement each other too well
Even if you crazy bat shit bastards think that Hal can hang with supes and thor vs SS
What well you say when the stupid ring depletes. Quite Frankly Team one doesnt even have the durability to call this a close match with Hal being the Weak link. Good Bye!

id369

DarkOdin
Team 1 7-8 out 10

Team 1 can take Supes out fast "green lantern thru his weakness"

It should be fairly even match besides that. Any amping Surfer does i can see either Thor or GL countering it.

Philosophía
I think its within reason. If they will it, it can happen. Why would that be any different with augmenting one's speed?

You think its within reason that Hal is capable of amping his reaction time/movement speed virtually instantly to nanosecond-time, by 'willing it' ?

I'd laugh, but it's pretty sad to be honest.

In fact, take a look at the scan again. Closely. Hal says:

"Now to find out what's at the bottom of this mystery!!"

*cut to narration*

"Green Lantern's speed is only limited by his will -- and it is mere nano-seconds before"

The dots may not connect, so I'm going to explain. Look at the chronology of what the panels show. Once Hal finishes his last line, the narration makes it clear that it is mere nanoseconds before Hal reaches the destination. So, according to you, he wills his speed into nanosecond reaction time, in the time between the last sentence and him reaching his destination, time which itself is nanoseconds. So that means that in the space of a few nanoseconds Hal amps his reaction time to nanosecond time, him already having had nanosecond reaction time since he is able to perform this feat in the first place.

Holy moley, LOGIC!

But I'm sure Hal, while in his unamped mode (since he had not yet 'willed' himself that fast) being capable in the space of nanoseconds to amping his speed to nanosecond time (?!) is far more logical than the nanosecond line being used purely as hyperbole and suggesting that Hal was simply travelling very fast.

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I agree that it's ridiculous, considering the scale of the feat. Just like you mentioned saying that you only have like a second left is stupid, since the second should've passed by then. I would like to know however to what extent you think Hal amplifies his perception and/or physique.

I'm not sure how much they can amp their speed (and even if they can, it's most certainly not 'I'll just will it', so doing it mid-battle is doubtfull) but both Hal and John have slowed down persons and/or time, post Crisis, so that's still applicable. In a sense, if they get a moment's breath, they could potentially fight a speedster on even ground by slowing him down and not necesarilly amping themselves up.

ColossusGrundy
Hal Jordan has KO'd Superman before, so it becomes a question of Thor vs SS and I give it to Thor.

If Jordan can repeat the KO this is over quick, no way Surfer can take a Thor/GL duo.

Kris Blaze

id369

D_Dude1210
Surfer can amp Superman and can defend Supes from any weakness exploit the other team tries. Thor is back to Classic Levels now, so it isn't going to be easy for them to deal with Current Post Annihilation Surfer.

I say Team 2 wins at 6-7/10.

StyleTime

lawest9
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Surfer can amp Superman and can defend Supes from any weakness exploit the other team tries. Thor is back to Classic Levels now, so it isn't going to be easy for them to deal with Current Post Annihilation Surfer.

I say Team 2 wins at 6-7/10. If Thor's back to classic level's now.........isn't current superman more powerful than ever (barring the earth 1 version) ?

shaggy binx
what power allows Thor to deal with someone who moves as fast as Flash and can fly? flash is a lot faster than superman and it doesn't really matter if thor beats super man ss can beat almost anyone so he'd be the last one standing

zeel

prolly the same reason superman man dont vibrate through stuff. Its just one of thoses things that is possible to do but its not seen much.

Philosophía
I'm reading "If not caught off guard, lanterns can handle speed to a certain degree" Close?

Yes.

Even when caught off-guard, it depends what level of speed/strength/energy projection the opponent posesses since their automatic shields, when not jobbing, are quite difficult to overcome.

I figured comic books where silly that way. But hey if you want to throw a fit about, be my guest.

I'm generally an ******* when I strongly disagree with/find something illogical. So sorry about that.

Kris Blaze

Warlord
split unless superman starts vibrating

Firestormed

His speed is dangerous, but with his power set he can easily protect himself against it.

I'm afraid he is, Thor is not smart and he doesn't have the speed. Do you see the stupid battle tactics Thor uses against Hulk, terrible sick
Gladiator has also owned Thor with blitzes, duck the hammer and blitz the hell out of Thor before he can swing again
Its true the hammer has got some great feats, Godblasts, stopping time but IMO Thor does not have the brains to use the hammer. Even with OdinForce he lost to Rulk
mad
Thor lacks the brains so he will go down to Superman

Today's Surfer, has destroyed everything he faced so far, did you see how badly and how quick he owned BRB and he might have been actually holding back in that cos him and Beta Ray Bill were old buddies
Hal and Kyle were already gonna get owned by a classic peaceful version of Surfer
Can you imagine how badly they get beat by a cosmic guy amped up on steroids and given a nasty attitude?

Philosophía
That's true, didn't think of the auto shields.

I'm not sure what to say about the black rings killing lanterns. The rings ARE strong enough to break through bubbles and shields, so we can't really say that Johns is flat out ignoring 'em.

You shouldn't really be trying to make sense of how Johns portrays his characters powerlevel-wise. At any moment a character can, no matter his already established powerlevel, look awful just to put other characters in a good light.

Kris Blaze

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Firestormed
I'm afraid he is, Thor is not smart and he doesn't have the speed. Do you see the stupid battle tactics Thor uses against Hulk, terrible sick
Gladiator has also owned Thor with blitzes, duck the hammer and blitz the hell out of Thor before he can swing again
Its true the hammer has got some great feats, Godblasts, stopping time but IMO Thor does not have the brains to use the hammer. Even with OdinForce he lost to Rulk
mad
Thor lacks the brains so he will go down to Superman

Actually Thor does have super speed. Not on the level of Superman of course, but he does have the reflexes that he can handle his speed.

What battle tactics? You mean the plot forcing him to go toe to toe and not use his power set? We can say that about Superman's battles with other characters as well.

Thor's also used his power set when pissed off. He one shotted the Hulk in the past with a lightning bolt.

When has Gladiator owned Thor? His speed didn't prevent him losing to Masterson. He did knock out Blake when the future Gladiator fought Thor. That's the closest his got to an owning.

Dude, Thor's been fighting almost as long as the Earth's been spinning. He knows perfectly well how to use his power set effectively. It's plot that stops him.

That fight with the Rulk = Plot Induced Stupidity.

Do you want me to use the time Konvict one shotted Superman as an example? All his supposed speed did was let him fly face first into a fist. What did he try to do? Block the punch with his face?

Originally posted by Firestormed
Today's Surfer, has destroyed everything he faced so far, did you see how badly and how quick he owned BRB and he might have been actually holding back in that cos him and Beta Ray Bill were old buddies
Hal and Kyle were already gonna get owned by a classic peaceful version of Surfer
Can you imagine how badly they get beat by a cosmic guy amped up on steroids and given a nasty attitude?

Badly owned Bill? He was knocked down, then used his board as a cheap shot. He then punched Bill. We later go on to see Bill rolled up in some kind of cosmic bubble. Bill didn't even try to fight back. He apparently forgot he can absorb/manipulate energy with Stormbreaker apparently. Thor's owned Bill on more than one occasion. His owned Bill "and" Surfer at once in the past.

They wouldn't get owned. They have the power to hang with him.

D_Dude1210
Badly owned Bill? He was knocked down, then used his board as a cheap shot. He then punched Bill. We later go on to see Bill rolled up in some kind of cosmic bubble. Bill didn't even try to fight back. He apparently forgot he can absorb/manipulate energy with Stormbreaker apparently. Thor's owned Bill on more than one occasion. His owned Bill "and" Surfer at once in the past.

As much as I do agree that a fight between Thor and Surfer would end differently from a fight between BRB and Surfer (Thor is far more versatile with his powers). It was already proven on the BRB vs SS thread that BRB was, indeed, owned.

Rage.Of.Olympus
But it was off panel. We don't know what happened.

Beta Ray Bill downs Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer uses his board to hit him from behind and punches him once. Next we see Bill, trapped in a cosmic ball of energy. Why didn't he use Stormbreakers powers or say his strength to break out? Plot? Maybe some unseen circumstances? Who knows.

I don't know. I would always have a straight up fight than an off panel win.

DarkOdin
As much as I do agree that a fight between Thor and Surfer would end differently from a fight between BRB and Surfer (Thor is far more versatile with his powers). It was already proven on the BRB vs SS thread that BRB was, indeed, owned.

LOL i think that was you and I argueing about it for 4 pages.

BIll got owned and it was clear the SS fought smart however that doesn't change the fact the SS and BRB are in the same league and that Surfer board attack won't be effective much agaisnt anyone ready for it.

D_Dude1210
But it was off panel. We don't know what happened.

Beta Ray Bill downs Silver Surfer. Silver Surfer uses his board to hit him from behind and punches him once. Next we see Bill, trapped in a cosmic ball of energy. Why didn't he use Stormbreakers powers or say his strength to break out? Plot? Maybe some unseen circumstances? Who knows.

I don't know. I would always have a straight up fight than an off panel win.

He wasn't trapped in a cosmic ball of energy, he was in a fetal position from being owned too hard. :-/

Edit. The energy "aura" you see is BRB's own Aura (they depicted Surfer's energy as blue/white and BRB's energy as yellow/red in that fight).

Originally posted by DarkOdin
LOL i think that was you and I argueing about it for 4 pages.

BIll got owned and it was clear the SS fought smart however that doesn't change the fact the SS and BRB are in the same league and that Surfer board attack won't be effective much agaisnt anyone ready for it.

Nah, I also mentioned that the board attack will work more often than not (and will prolly be the most ideal strategy to deal with Bill or Thor). As I mentioned before, Bill uses Stormbreaker to absorb a frontal energy attack but it would most likely leave him vulnerable from a rear physical attack from the board.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't trapped in a cosmic ball of energy, he was in a fetal position from being owned too hard. :-/

Edit. The energy "aura" you see is BRB's own Aura (they depicted Surfer's energy as blue/white and BRB's energy as yellow/red in that fight).

Again how was he owned? It all happened off panel. All we saw is one punch, and I highly doubt Silver Surfer one shotted him with a single punch to the face.

How do you figure that? The energy clearly isn't originating from Stormbreaker. His in a completely fetal position not doing anything and not even grasping his weapon completely.

Silver Surfer's energy projection has been yellow in the past. It really doesn't matter.

Mindship
Team 1 barely wins only because Superman lacks the vast versatility possessed by the others.

D_Dude1210
Again how was he owned? It all happened off panel. All we saw is one punch, and I highly doubt Silver Surfer one shotted him with a single punch to the face.

The results should show the ownage. BRB struck the Surfer 2x and barely even registered an ouch. Surfer struck him twice on panel after a surfboard hit (not once) and made him bleed. In the end, it was the Surfer's own words ("...you cannot match me..."wink that should have made it clear how the writer wanted to portray the matchup.

There really should be no confusion (and I'd really rather not repeat 4+ pages of arguments that I made in the SS vs BRB thread), that was a clear ownage.

How do you figure that? The energy clearly isn't originating from Stormbreaker. His in a completely fetal position not doing anything and not even grasping his weapon completely.

Silver Surfer's energy projection has been yellow in the past. It really doesn't matter.

It's really quite obvious, again the artist was very explicit on how he depicted BRB's and SS's energy aura during that series. Just because Surfer's energy has been depicted a certain way by OTHER artists in the past shouldn't be confused with how THIS artists wanted to depict Surfer's energy during THIS issue/series. Again, different artists, different styles. :-/

DarkOdin
The results should show the ownage. BRB struck the Surfer 2x and barely even registered an ouch. Surfer struck him twice on panel after a surfboard hit (not once) and made him bleed. In the end, it was the Surfer's own words ("...you cannot match me..."wink that should have made it clear how the writer wanted to portray the matchup.

There really should be no confusion (and I'd really rather not repeat 4+ pages of arguments that I made in the SS vs BRB thread), that was a clear ownage.

It's really quite obvious, again the artist was very explicit on how he depicted BRB's and SS's energy aura during that series. Just because Surfer's energy has been depicted a certain way by OTHER artists in the past shouldn't be confused with how THIS artists wanted to depict Surfer's energy during THIS issue/series. Again, different artists, different styles. :-/

laughing YEs your right BRB had little effect i mean it only surfer flying off his board.

THe battle show it quite clear Surfer tried a direct attack first BRB owned him sent him off his board Blasting Bill had no effect as Stormbreak defelect his blast.

BOth BRB and THOr have a major advantage over surfer Close combat Surfer his no match for the hammers and at a distant the hammer easy handle any of surfers attack. Both character didn't want to fight each other does all the talking. Like how Bill gave the speech to surfer when he was off his board and then when BRB was getting blasted by surfer. Both guy recovered from each other fast as seen when bill fled the battle. Both are herald level beings and shou;ld be considered equals. IF anything it was a poor showing for surfer as he could not can the upper hand agaisnt BRB without a cheap shot. Whcih would never happened again to BRB so next time then fight it should be a good fight.

D_Dude1210
laughing YEs your right BRB had little effect i mean it only surfer flying off his board.

THe battle show it quite clear Surfer tried a direct attack first BRB owned him sent him off his board Blasting Bill had no effect as Stormbreak defelect his blast.

BOth BRB and THOr have a major advantage over surfer Close combat Surfer his no match for the hammers and at a distant the hammer easy handle any of surfers attack. Both character didn't want to fight each other does all the talking. Like how Bill gave the speech to surfer when he was off his board and then when BRB was getting blasted by surfer. Both guy recovered from each other fast as seen when bill fled the battle. Both are herald level beings and shou;ld be considered equals. IF anything it was a poor showing for surfer as he could not can the upper hand agaisnt BRB without a cheap shot. Whcih would never happened again to BRB so next time then fight it should be a good fight.

OMG! We're BACK to THIS now?? -_-

Edit. You've tried to make this argument before. It was met with little success... Do you really want me to paste like 4-5 pages of arguments here??? :-/

Spire
SS v BRB Fight Review

SS energy blasts = fail
SS FTLReflex Traveling Speed Bullrush = fail
SS FTLReflex Combat H2H skills = fail or N/A was already being owned
SS 'only' slumping to his feet from H2H hits = fail
SS number of successful attacks(H2H or energy blasts) thus far = 0
SS use of blindside attack because all others attacks fail = pass
SS H2H blows so immensely powerful that it caused opponent to move a couple inches and slump over in space, even after opponent took a board to the back of the head = pass
SS making self-hype statements that contradict his showing = pass

Verdict: SS owned BRB.

D_Dude1210
SS v BRB Fight Review

SS energy blasts = fail
SS H2H blows so immensely powerful that it caused opponent to move a couple inches and slump over in space, even after opponent took a board to the back of the head = pass

Translation: "BRB got owned and I didn't like it so let's BLOW the first part of the fight out of proportion in favor of BRB and THEN downplay what occurred in the end, cuz... y'know, I can't take my hero getting dominated in a comic."

Verdict: SS OWNED BRB.

Spire
laughing

Truly.

id369

Warlord
current surfer is more powerful than he was right?

D_Dude1210

Truly.

Concession accepted.

Rage.Of.Olympus

What ownage? You didn't even see the damn fight. It was off panel.

He strikes Silver Surfer twice, and drops him. Clearly it affected him.

I believe I mentioned the board. So he gets hit with the board and amped punch. That's two hits on panel. You're trying to tell me that enough to incapacitate Beta Ray Bill? That's bull shit. Clearly that's an off panel win. Beta Ray Bill should be capable of easily absorbing that energy around him and keep on going if that's the case. I don't know why he didn't.

Silver Surfer own words? Why the hell do I care about his words? I've seen plenty of characters boast of being superior and then get beat down in an upcoming fight.

Of course there would be confusion and debate in regards to the fight. Norrin hits someone like Beta Ray Bill, twice, it goes off panel, and we return to see Beta Ray Bill incapacitated in an energy field that he should be able to easily work against. How is that an ownage?

Energy aura's? What do you mean energy aura's?

All Beta Ray Bill did was swing Stormbreaker, and it released excess yellow colored energy. When he was down, he wasn't even grasping Stormbreaker really. It looked pretty clear that the energy was incapacitating Bill.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/th_BillvsSurfer3.jpg

You can even clearly see the Silver Surfer attacks, that his energy is blue with yellow surrounding it. And then when Bill is down, it seems rather clear that the energy surrounding him was generated by Silver Surfer.

I don't see how you can come to your conclusion.

I've seen Silver Surfer vary between blue and yellow by the same artists really.

Philosophía

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hey it is supposed to be based on will and imagination.

It's a little over the top, but hey, it's comics...

Spire
Concession accepted?

Yes, I will accept.

D_Dude1210
Yes, I will concede.

I knew you'd see it my way...

Spire
I knew you'd see it my way...

Oh, madam! Such wit...

Kris Blaze
Hey it is supposed to be based on will and imagination.

It's a little over the top, but hey, it's comics...

I don't see why they discredit everybody but Superman's speedfeats. Because Superman flies fast a lot, naturally it's logical for him to go beyond lightspeed. But the guys with rings who can do ANYTHING THEY IMAGINE, well it's just silly to think that they could amplify someone else's stats or get some kind of superhuman perception.

Why do people still doubt what a green lantern ring can do? It's no different from magic or the power cosmic.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't see why they discredit everybody but Superman's speedfeats. Because Superman flies fast a lot, naturally it's logical for him to go beyond lightspeed. But the guys with rings who can do ANYTHING THEY IMAGINE, well it's just silly to think that they could amplify someone else's stats or get some kind of superhuman perception.

Why do people still doubt what a green lantern ring can do? It's no different from magic or the power cosmic.

It's because it isn't Green Lantern and Superman on a team. It's Green Lantern vs. Superman in this thread..... wink

Warlord
It's because it isn't Green Lantern and Superman on a team. It's Green Lantern vs. Superman in this thread..... wink

yeah I thought that too....

putting 2 DC characters against each other confusses some people here

Spire
http://www.agrotising.com/Blog/wp-content/uploads/Bandwagon.jpg

Warlord
it's nice to see that u agree... rolling on floor laughing

Spire
no expression

Warlord
alien

Spire
thumb up

Warlord
stick out tongue

Spire
Oh, ok. I see now.

no expression - You saw something appear in the shadows

alien - It was an alien

thumb up - They inserted their thumbs... somewhere

stick out tongue - You enjoyed it

Sad.

Warlord
Oh, ok. I see now.

no expression - You saw something appear in the shadows

alien - It was an alien

thumb up - They inserted their thumbs... somewhere

stick out tongue - You enjoyed it

Sad.

yep exactly that was the story only you were starring there

Spire
Originally posted by Warlord
yep exactly that was the story only you were starring there

So you role-play too?

Warlord
So you role-play too?

you're very inspiring...

D_Dude1210
Oh, madam! Such wit...

Translation: "I can't say anything else so I might as well try and get your gender wrong and see if that'll do something...".

Again, concession accepted.

Warlord
Translation: "I can't say anything else so I might as well try and get your gender wrong and see if that'll do something...".

so you've met this guy too...
interesting fellow isn't he?

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Warlord
so you've met this guy too...
interesting fellow isn't he?

Not really all that interesting, a bit juvenile tbh.

Spire

ICT is calling you...

I'll make it simple for you. You're wrong. You have already owned yourself.

Stop replying.

Spire
I'll just go ahead aways.

Not only did you give a weak response(concession) to this:

SS v BRB Fight Review

SS energy blasts = fail

You purposely overlooked each point and responded with something that could easily apply to youself with couple of flipped words.

Translation: "SS got owned and I didn't like it so let's BLOW the second part of the fight out of proportion in favor of SS and THEN downplay what occurred in the beggining, cuz... y'know, I can't take my hero getting dominated in a comic."

Verdict: BRB OWNED SS.

DarkOdin
OMG! We're BACK to THIS now?? -_-

Edit. You've tried to make this argument before. It was met with little success... Do you really want me to paste like 4-5 pages of arguments here??? :-/

Yes it was meant by little succes b/c my point was surfer and brb are equals and that surfer used a good tatic to get the upper handand win.

Then you go on for 5 pages saying surfer won. "even thou i said that"

Then i tell you my point again here it is BRB=Surfer

Then you said i didn't.

Then i post the 5 times i said it and the ones you even quoted and you say nothing laughing So go post them Happy Dance

D_Dude1210

You purposely overlooked each point and responded with something that could easily apply to youself with couple of flipped words.

And WHAT "point" did you make exactly??? That not all attacks worked on BRB but when an attack DID work it completely destroyed him?

That when BRB struck the Surfer, all it did was knock him off his board and when the Surfer struck BRB, he bled all over the place and ended up in a fetal position? That the Surfer had to tell him to sit his b!tch a$$ down or face more face pwnage?

You made no points, all you did was complain about how the fight took place.

D_Dude1210
Yes it was meant by little succes b/c my point was surfer and brb are equals and that surfer used a good tatic to get the upper handand win.

Then you go on for 5 pages saying surfer won. "even thou i said that"

Then i tell you my point again here it is BRB=Surfer

Then you said i didn't.

Then i post the 5 times i said it and the ones you even quoted and you say nothing laughing So go post them Happy Dance

Lousy reading comprehension FTL here, buddy.

Basically, it went like this: You complained about Surfer winning, you then exaggerate the attack that BRB succesfully struck against the Surfer (w/c did almost no damage) and then complain about how the Surfer used a "cheap trick" to win.

I then proved that the "cheap trick" was part of his powerset and that it should be recognized as a VALID way of winning the fight.

I then stated that in KMC, such a maneuver can be re-used over and over again as ever fight is a "reset" with no prior knowledge of the previous fight unless stated by the OP (w/c in this case he didn't).

I then proved that BRB was UNABLE to dramatically affect the Surfer in the 2 successful attacks that he DID manage to inflict while the Surfer managed to slap him down easily making him bleed all over the place with each attack. Proving that Surfer's durability >>> BRB.

I also proved that this was not a "who is more powerful" thread but a "who will win" fight. Therefore any stupid claims of "who is more powerful" is irrelevant.

You then ended the argument by stopping all your posts, therefore showing your concession in the end.

Spire
And WHAT "point" did you make exactly??? That not all attacks worked on BRB but when an attack DID work it completely destroyed him?

That when BRB struck the Surfer, all it did was knock him off his board and when the Surfer struck BRB, he bled all over the place and ended up in a fetal position? That the Surfer had to tell him to sit his b!tch a$$ down or face more face pwnage?

You made no points, all you did was complain about how the fight took place.

It's almost as if you decide to take out your brain before posting.

SS blasts failed. His rush failed. His H2H failed. Bill sent his ass flying into a ship with only 2 shots. SS needed a blindside attack and 2 more punches to move Bill a couple inches in space. Wow.

All you have and all you're concerned about is a blindside attack which would have gave any herald character the ups over any other herald character.

Allankles

I don't think anyone doubts GL's can get some kind of superhuman perception, it's just it requires time to will it and think it. It's tied to less than superhuman thought speed, whereas Superman (for instance) already has superhuman thought speed.

Further, Superman's speed is also connected to his muscle reflexes (not just will). A natural speedster is going to be quicker in combat because they have two naturally occurring speed motors (superhuman thought and muscle reflex).

GL's have only one and it's down to mental concentration, case in point the hundreds of GL's who get killed without knowing what hit them.

batdude123

http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc69&image=ca4_batgl1.jpg#
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc113&image=572_batgl2.jpg
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc5&image=573_batgl3.jpg

Kris Blaze
lol.

D_Dude1210
It's almost as if you decide to take out your brain before posting.

SS blasts failed. His rush failed. His H2H failed. Bill sent his ass flying into a ship with only 2 shots. SS needed a blindside attack and 2 more punches to move Bill a couple inches in space . Wow.

All you have and all you're concerned about is a blindside attack which would have gave any herald character the ups over any other herald character.

Lol. laughing

So what you're saying is that BRB being MOVED a few inches is indicative of how much damage he recieved??? And you try talking about lack of brain power. Wow.

Ok, let me spell it out to you. IF the punches weren't all that impressive, then BRB's durability is crap (w/c it isn't) cuz at the end of the fight, he was bleeding and in a fetal position. F-E-T-A-L position.

Here's a little Wiki knowledge for you (cuz, y'know, knowing is half the battle):

Fetal position (British English: foetal) is a medical term used to describe the positioning of the body of a prenatal fetus as it develops. In this position, the back is curved, the head is bowed, and the limbs are bent and drawn up to the torso. This position is used in the medical profession to minimize injury to the neck and chest.

Sometimes, when a person has suffered extreme physical or psychological trauma (including massive stress), they will assume the fetal position or a similar position in which the back is curved forward, the legs are brought up as tightly against the abdomen as possible, the head is bowed as close to the abdomen as possible, and the arms are wrapped around the head to prevent further trauma. This position provides better protection to the brain and vital organs than simply lying spread out on the ground, so it is obvious as to why it is an instinctual reaction to extreme stress or trauma when the brain is no longer able to cope with the surrounding environment, and in essence "shuts down" temporarily.

Wrap your 2 brain cells on THAT. That is if that wasn't too much for you to read...

gobstakid777
team 1 ftw

D_Dude1210
And why the heck are we discussing BRB in this thread anyway??? This is about Thor not BRB.

Personally, I think Classic Thor can take match or take a very slight majority from SS due to his versatility with his powers (6/10).

I just think the amp and energy defense the Surfer brings to the table just works too well with someone like Supes. Team 2 wins 7/10, IMO.

Spire
Argument attempt.

Ok, so let me get this straight, you've ignored my other points(concession) and now you are 'trying' to wiki me an argument about fetal positions.

laughing out loud

And why the heck are we discussing BRB in this thread anyway??? This is about Thor not BRB.

Personally, I think Classic Thor can take match or take a very slight majority from SS due to his versatility with his powers (6/10).

I just think the amp and energy defense the Surfer brings to the table just works too well with someone like Supes. Team 2 wins 7/10, IMO.

Escape post. Well done. thumb up

Now stick to it.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by batdude123
http://img18.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc69&image=ca4_batgl1.jpg#
http://img17.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc113&image=572_batgl2.jpg
http://img105.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc5&image=573_batgl3.jpg so the surfer gets hal's ring and the power cosmic, nice.

shifty

D_Dude1210
Ok, so let me get this straight, you've ignored my other points(concession) and now you are 'trying' to wiki me an argument about fetal positions.

laughing out loud

Lol. What "points"? That a FIGHT happened between the two and that certain attacks worked and others didn't? That BRB moved a few inches from getting hit but still ended up beaten, bloodied and in a fetal position? Lol. Weak "points", tbh.

You're the one trying to sidestep my points. The result was clear cut.

Now stick to it.

Escaping from what? You've made 0 points. Dictate whatever "points" you "made" please. (let's move it to the BRB vs SS thread, tho. This really is the wrong thread for it).

batdude123
Originally posted by psycho gundam
so the surfer gets hal's ring and the power cosmic, nice.

shifty

You're making the assumption that Surfer could do what Batman did.

Only Batman can do what Batman did.

Bats>>>>>>>>>SS

Fact.

Spire
Attempt.

It is apparent now that you are just truly and completely ignorant. I'll try it again. You have no points. You haven't made any either. You couldn't make any if you tried as there are not any to be made.

All off Surfer attacks failed. Straight out. Bill was more combat formidable.

Done.

A blindside attack finally allowed for Surfer to do something effective against Bill. Now, this is where your genius intellect comes into play. You ignore everything that happened before this completely missing, ignoring, and conceding my points. Then you go, "Wow, Surfer owned him."

And?

As I previously stated, it(blindside) would have gave any herald character the ups over any other herald character.

Now sadly, your sickness continues. Here you go on about fetal positions in an attempt to 'not appear stupid' and 'have something to argue'. Even though I never cared or disputed what happened, I'll just go ahead and stomp it anyways.

Why wasn't Bill knocked into an asteroid and blah blah whatever?

Why wasn't Bill knocked into a ship and whatever?

Why didn't Surfer's super powerful punches knock Bill more than a few inches away and whatever?

Run along now son.

h1a8
It is apparent now that you are just truly and completely ignorant. I'll try it again. You have no points. You haven't made any either. You couldn't make any if you tried as there are not any to be made.

Done.

A blindside attack finally allowed for Surfer to do something effective against Bill. Now, this is where your genius intellect comes into play. You ignore everything that happened before this completely missing, ignoring, and conceding my points. Then you go, "Wow, Surfer owned him."

And?

As I previously stated, it(blindside) would have gave any herald character the ups over any other herald character.

Now sadly, your sickness continues. Here you go on about fetal positions in an attempt to 'not appear stupid' and 'have something to argue'. Even though I never cared or disputed what happened, I'll just go ahead and stomp it anyways.

Why didn't Surfer's super powerful punches knock Bill more than a few inches away and whatever?

Run along now son.

You're implying SS attack was so weak that it failed to knock BRB far back, right? If this is so, then that would imply that BRB's durability is incredibly crap. Because that weak attack caused him to be greatly damaged. So choose your poison, BRB weak durability or SS's efficient enough strength.

With that said, you and the other has been arguing over a moot point. All it matters is whether SS is strong enough to seriously hurt BRB. And the panel shows that it is apparently so.

Oh and team 2 wins

Spire
Originally posted by h1a8
You're implying SS attack was so weak that it failed to knock BRB far back, right? If this is so, then that would imply that BRB's durability is incredibly crap. Because that weak attack caused him to be greatly damaged. So choose your poison, BRB weak durability or SS's efficient enough strength.

With that said, you and the other has been arguing over a moot point. All it matters is whether SS is strong enough to seriously hurt BRB. And the panel shows that it is apparently so.

Oh and team 2 wins

Obviously getting blindsided by a board to the back of the neck had no bearing whatsoever...

Yes, of course it was the punches. Completely and entirely.

Kris Blaze
BRB: God Hunter sure was rise of the spaceships. BRB, Surfer, Stardust, Galactus. Inferior to freaking spaceships and the like. Even Skuttlebutt was able to take Surfer down for a while and stop his pursuit. Thor was barely affected by Skuttlebutt's lasers smile

D_Dude1210

Haha. Let me enumerate my points to you in case the words I used were just a little over your head:

1) BRB struck first TWICE with everything he's got and his attacks barely affected the Surfer, just knocked him off his board.
2) Each time the Surfer struck him, he bled all over the place.
3) FETAL position. Sheesh. Clear ownage. Do you dispute this???

Done.

1) ALL? His attacks failed? ALL? Were you reading the same issue as me or are you just completely delusional? BRB deflected his first few energy attacks at the start then managed to strike him FIRST when he bullrushed. Panels showed that BRB was going all out, too. That, I'll give to BRB. Then what happened? Surfer shrugged off the hits like they were nothing then used a board blitz (w/c is part of his powerset) to stun BRB then take him down in a few punches.

"Formidable" is what you musta been calling yourself in first grade when they were pulling your underwear over your head... :-/

Again, it was a fight, Surfer attempted a few attacks w/c (due to BRB's powerset) could be defended against by his opponent. He adjusted his tactics and took down his enemy with great ease. You must watch boxing matches where one fighter jabs at another fighter to test his range and then knock his opponent out on the 2nd round an "equal fight".

And?

LOL. Surfer didn't "ambush" BRB, he struck him upside the head when they were already engaged in a fight. Now pick your poison:

1) BRB reaction time or combat skill sucks cuz he couldn't even defend himself from something he knows his enemy could do.
2) Surfer's board moves at such a speed that BRB was unable to defend against it.

Never "disputed" what happened?? You've been trying to downplay what has happened from the beginning. Stop lying.

Prolly your most retarded attempt at argument to date. Are you SERIOUSLY stating that the distance where you're thrown in a comic book fight is DIRECTLY proportional to the damage/effect of such an attack?

Are you simply retarded or did all those wedgies you got from first grade affect the positioning of your brain?

Spire
Haha. Let me enumerate my points to you in case the words I used were just a little over your head:

1) BRB struck first TWICE with everything he's got and his attacks barely affected the Surfer, just knocked him off his board.
2) Each time the Surfer struck him, he bled all over the place.
3) FETAL position. Sheesh. Clear ownage. Do you dispute this???

Denial.

Energy blasts failed. Rush failed. H2H failed or N/A as he was already being owned. Surfer blocking Bill's H2H failed. Surfer, not getting knock into a ship, failed.

1) ALL? His attacks failed? ALL? Were you reading the same issue as me or are you just completely delusional? BRB deflected his first few energy attacks at the start then managed to strike him FIRST when he bullrushed. Panels showed that BRB was going all out, too. That, I'll give to BRB. Then what happened? Surfer shrugged off the hits like they were nothing then used a board blitz (w/c is part of his powerset) to stun BRB then take him down in a few punches.

Becuz Surfer wazint bleeding amirite?

"Formidable" is what you musta been calling yourself in first grade when they were pulling your underwear over your head... :-/

Again, it was a fight, Surfer attempted a few attacks w/c (due to BRB's powerset) could be defended against by his opponent. He adjusted his tactics and took down his enemy with great ease. You must watch boxing matches where one fighter jabs at another fighter to test his range and then knock his opponent out on the 2nd round an "equal fight".

Blah blah missing the point random babbling in attempt to distract.

LOL. Surfer didn't "ambush" BRB, he struck him upside the head when they were already engaged in a fight. Now pick your poison:

Never said he did. Fail less, if you can.

1) BRB reaction time or combat skill sucks cuz he couldn't even defend himself from something he knows his enemy could do.
2) Surfer's board moves at such a speed that BRB was unable to defend against it.

3)Blindside attack that finally allowed Surfer to hit BRB. Since all Surfer's other attempts were lol.

Never "disputed" what happened?? You've been trying to downplay what has happened from the beginning. Stop lying.

Proof? Or just spin from a position of desperation?

Prolly your most retarded attempt at argument to date. Are you SERIOUSLY stating that the distance where you're thrown in a comic book fight is DIRECTLY proportional to the damage/effect of such an attack?

Are you simply retarded or did all those wedgies you got from first grade affect the positioning of your brain?

Surfer was sent flying after two hits. BRB hardly budged after three. Acting like a Jackalope and spouting off babble does not change that fact.

D_Dude1210
Energy blasts failed.

Energy absorption is part of BRB's powerset, however, unlike you, I don't try to downplay when someone uses his powerset to counter the abilities of the other guy.

Rush failed.

Again, BRB got the first 2 hits of the fight, I'll give him that. He gave it his all and what did it do? Knock the Surfer off his board (tho, in your delusion, you believe distance thrown=damage). Surfer shrugged it off like it was nothing and then counterattacked.

H2H failed or N/A as he was already being owned. Surfer blocking Bill's H2H failed. Surfer, not getting knock into a ship, failed.

Surfer didn't block BRB's hits, apparently he didn't need to. Didn't really do all that much damage to him did it?

Denial.

Is exactly what you're full of.

Becuz Surfer wazint bleeding amirite?

Yes, Surfer "wazint bleeding". Unless you can point it out on panel (other than the comic cover w/c is not part of the story, btw).

Blah blah missing the point random babbling in attempt to distract.

Hahaha. I'M missing the point? I'M trying to distract?? laughing

Nice sidestep, I tore your arguments apart so you just claim that I'm trying to distract. You fail.

Never said he did. Fail less, if you can.

Granted, definitions of ambush and blindside are very similar. But yes, ambush requires that you need to be in a concealed position to do so. I'll admit a mistake in understanding on the words (again,
english is not my first language). But my point remains, BRB is clearly aware of Surfer's powerset and someone of his perceived "skills" should have known that a board blitz was a possibility. If he didn't expect this possibility then his fighting skills really suck OR (what makes more sense) he was just not fast enough to react to the board's FTL speeds.

3)Blindside attack that finally allowed Surfer to hit BRB. Since all Surfer's other attempts were lol.

The Surfer made a few attacks that BRB countered, he received a few attacks that did not do all that much damage and then ended the fight quickly and definitively. It started in BRB's favor due to powersets but Surfer compensated and ended the fight with ease. THAT, my friend is what you call ownage.

Proof? Or just spin from a position of desperation?

Proof of trying to downplay the fight? Here's your proof right here:

Surfer was sent flying after two hits. BRB hardly budged after three. Acting like a Jackalope and spouting off babble does not change that fact.

BRB didn't just "budge", he bled all over the place and ended in a fetal position. Nice attempt at trying to downplay what happened, fortunately, not everyone shares your ignorance... :-/

Spire
Wow, look at all this crap. *Sigh*

Energy absorption is part of BRB's powerset, however, unlike you, I don't try to downplay when someone uses his powerset to counter the abilities of the other guy.

*facepalm*

Again, BRB got the first 2 hits of the fight, I'll give him that. He gave it his all and what did it do? Knock the Surfer off his board (tho, in your delusion, you believe distance thrown=damage). Surfer shrugged it off like it was nothing and then counterattacked.

Funny how you dance around things, pretending that the point might go away.

Two hits and a beeline into a ship. 3 hits including board to the neck, Bill hardly moved.

Surfer didn't block BRB's hits, apparently he didn't need to. Didn't really do all that much damage to him did it?

Lawlz. thumb up

Yes, Surfer "wazint bleeding". Unless you can point it out on panel (other than the comic cover w/c is not part of the story, btw).

You're lost. Rethink the point.

Hahaha. I'M missing the point? I'M trying to distract?? laughing

True, and also becoming increasingly desperate.

Nice sidestep, I tore your arguments apart so you just claim that I'm trying to distract. You fail.

Ok, now this is grade school stuff. You have yet to make a rebuttal or an argument.

Oh wait, you did talk about fetal postions... so um scratch that.

Granted, definitions of ambush and blindside are very similar. But yes, ambush requires that you need to be in a concealed position to do so. I'll admit a mistake in understanding on the words (again,
english is not my first language). But my point remains, BRB is clearly aware of Surfer's powerset and someone of his perceived "skills" should have known that a board blitz was a possibility. If he didn't expect this possibility then his fighting skills really suck OR (what makes more sense) he was just not fast enough to react to the board's FTL speeds.

I read the first couple of words then... lol. Wrong. Straight out. It's clear now your desperate. Stop replying.

The Surfer made a few attacks that BRB countered, he received a few attacks that did not do all that much damage and then ended the fight quickly and definitively. It started in BRB's favor due to powersets but Surfer compensated and ended the fight with ease. THAT, my friend is what you call ownage.

That is what I call owning yourself. You don't even know what your doing/talking about.

Proof of trying to downplay the fight? Here's your proof right here:

BRB didn't just "budge", he bled all over the place and ended in a fetal position. Nice attempt at trying to downplay what happened, fortunately, not everyone shares your ignorance... :-/

Lo...l?

Oh, wait I know:

BRB didn't block Surfer's hits, apparently he didn't need to. Didn't really do all that much damage to him did it?

D_Dude1210
Wow, look at all this crap. *Sigh*

*facepalm*

Lawlz. thumb up

I feel the same way about you.

Funny how you dance around things, pretending that the point might go away.

Two hits and a beeline into a ship. 3 hits including board to the neck, Bill hardly moved.

Seriously, is THIS your point? How far the Surfer was thrown and how far BRB moved? PLEASE tell me you have something else. This is just too stupid to waste time arguing with... >_<

You're lost. Rethink the point.

IF you have a point, make it. Are you arguing that the Surfer CAN'T bleed?

True, and also becoming increasingly desperate.

Wish you actually made actual points (PLEASE tell me you have more than just: "BRB barely moved"wink instead of throwing around baseless accusations.

Ok, now this is grade school stuff. You have yet to make a rebuttal or an argument.

Well, grow up and debate like an adult and you will be treated like one, kid. :-/

Oh wait, you did talk about fetal postions... so um scratch that.

To make a point about how the fight ended, yes, as you senselessly try to downplay the damage done with inane comments like this:

You have yet to provide a rebuttal on this, btw.

I read the first couple of words then... lol.

W/c is exactly your problem.

That is what I call owning yourself. You don't even know what your doing/talking about.

THIS coming from the guy who argues:

as an indication of the damage dealt in this fight. LOL. You ARE delusional.

Oh, wait I know:

No, apparently, you don't.

Spire
I just looked at the first couple of words... I'm just gonna assume your still full of crap and lol.

Lol.

D_Dude1210
I just looked at the first couple of words...

Yeah, that's what you did for the comic, too.

I'm just gonna assume your still full of crap and lol.

Lol.

Words of a beaten man in denial. Good job. thumb up

Mindset
I just looked at the first couple of words... I'm just gonna assume your still full of crap and lol.

Lol. Originally posted by Spire

Now stick to it.

Heh.

Spire
Yay, another several pages we go..

Bill shut Surfer down straight out.

Energy blasts failed.
Rush failed.
H2H failed or N/A was already being pwned.
Blocking Bill's H2H failed.
Surfer not getting 2 shotted into a ship failed.

Blindside attack finally allowed Surfer to do something to Bill. A board to the back of the neck and 2 punches barley moved Bill.

I tried to simplify these points which you have been talking in circles around for a couple pages now.

Hopefully they are simple enough for you.

Doubt it.

D_Dude1210
Yay, another several pages we go..

Bill shut Surfer down straight out.

Energy blasts failed.
Rush failed.
H2H failed or N/A was already being pwned.
Blocking Bill's H2H failed.
Surfer not getting 2 shotted into a ship failed.

Blindside attack finally allowed Surfer to do something to Bill. A board to the back of the neck and 2 punches barley moved Bill.

I tried to simplify these points which you have been talking in circles around for a couple pages now.

Hopefully they are simple enough for you.

Doubt it.

If you read get past your bias, you'll understand the fight happend this way:

1) Energy attack gets absorbed by BRB's hammer (part of BRB powerset).
2) Surfer engages in melee combat against a melee specialist (foolish, yes. But not all that costly to him, really)
3) Two full power hammer strikes that barely registered any damage to the Surfer other than knocking him off his board (w/c doesn't really say much).
4) A board blitz (part of the Surfer's powerset) stuns BRB for a moment.
5) Surfer then 2 shots him, apologizing the whole time.
6) BRB ends up in a fetal position from the beatdown.
End result was: BRB got owned and easily at that.

Please stop stating the "he barely moved" argument, it makes you look incredibly ignorant. Do you REALLY believe that distance thrown = damage done?

Spire
Almost, you're still in denial and left some things out.

Energy absorption part of powerset or not, Bill shut that shit down. Twice.
Surfer's rush was shutdown.
His attempt to H2H was shutdown or N/A.
Surfer blocking Bills blows? Nope.
Surfer not getting 2 shotted into a ship and only moving a couple inches? Nope.
Surfer sitting in a crater in a ship. Yep.

Surfer got owned straight out.

All surfer has is a blindside attack and 2 girl punches that barley moved Bill.

Wow impressive.

The fact that he needed use a blindside attack to the back of Bill's neck pretty much says it all.

Now go away.

-Pr-
Team 2 for a majority, but not a heavy one.

D_Dude1210
Almost, you're still in denial and left some things out.

Energy absorption part of powerset or not, Bill shut that shit down. Twice.
Surfer's rush was shutdown.
His attempt to H2H was shutdown or N/A.

And so what? In a lot of fights a dominant fighter usually tosses in a few jabs to test the range/capabilities of his opponents. An exchange of attacks/defense is NOT an indication of dominance from either combatants...

The result of the fight is. Wrap your brain around that if you can. I know thinking is hard for you, so I'll give you a few hours to let that sink in.

Surfer blocking Bills blows? Nope.
Surfer not getting 2 shotted into a ship and only moving a couple inches? Nope.
Surfer sitting in a crater in a ship. Yep.

My goodness, do you REALLY believe in your crap argument that distance thrown = damage done? Seriously?!? laughing

Surfer got owned straight out.

HAHAHA. OMG. I'm dyin...!

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/1622/ss3mvu.th.jpg http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/5602/ss4hen.th.jpg

CLEARLY, Surfer got owned here. Wow, so much ownage. LOL LOL LOL.

All surfer has is a blindside attack and 2 girl punches that barley moved Bill.

LOL. Expression on BRB's face certainly didn't seem like he thought the punches were girly.

The fact that he needed use a blindside attack to the back of Bill's neck pretty much says it all.

Basically, for you:

BRB uses his powerset to gain an advantage = good combat sense/logical
Surfer uses his powerset to gain an advantage = cheap trick/blindsiding

Bias much?

Now go away.

Nahhh, too much fun making you look stupid. It's starting to get too easy, tho.

Spire
Here we go again. Down playing the actual fight when Surfer was shut down, then flipping out over a blindside attack that finally allowed Surfer to do something. To bad Surfer didn't move Bill more than a couple inches.

Powerful punches for the win!

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Surferbitchpunches1.jpg

http://i603.photobucket.com/albums/tt112/Spire84/th_Surferbitchpunches2.jpg

Raptor22
team 1 6/10. also how is what surfer did cheap in any way. its not like ss came up behind him before brb even knew he was in a fight. they were in the middle of a fight nothing cheap about it. spire what exactly about it do u think to be cheap?

Spire
Originally posted by Raptor22
team 1 6/10. also how is what surfer did cheap in any way. its not like ss came up behind him before brb even knew he was in a fight. they were in the middle of a fight nothing cheap about it. spire what exactly about it do u think to be cheap?

Nothing.

Mindset
Looks like BRB barely hurt SS with his attacks.

Raptor22
im confused to whats being argued then. brb didnt get completly stomped but he did lose in a fair fight in which ss suffered little if any real damage while its pretty clear ss hurt brb pretty bad. thats just my take on it.

D_Dude1210
Spire is under the delusion that, in comics, the distance you are thrown = the damage that was dealt.

To anyone with an iota of intelligence and reading comprehension, it is clear how false that statement is.

To Spire, however, it is not.

Spire
Originally posted by Mindset
Looks like BRB barely hurt SS with his attacks.

Maybe.

Spire
im confused to whats being argued then. brb didnt get completly stomped but he did lose in a fair fight in which ss suffered little if any real damage while its pretty clear ss hurt brb pretty bad. thats just my take on it.

How effective Surfer was against BRB and what Surfer needed to do to win.

Spire
Spire is under the delusion that, in comics, the distance you are thrown = the damage that was dealt.

To anyone with an iota of intelligence and reading comprehension, it is clear how false that statement is.

To Spire, however, it is not.

Yeah, blows that have sound effects and launch people pretty far are generally not powerful...

D_Dude1210

The way the fight happened, they did a short exchange of attacks at the start. Due to BRB's powerset, he managed to defend himself from the Surfer's basic attacks. BRB managed to get the first shots in but barely did any visible damage to the Surfer

Surfer compensated and then completely dominated Bill after that, ending in BRB laying down in a fetal position bloodied and beaten in front of the Surfer.

Spire, however, contends that since it really didn't throw Bill that far away, then it didn't really do any damage.

BRB's face disagrees with him, but what's on-panel evidence to a guy who's already made up his mind even before reading the comic, eh?

D_Dude1210
Yeah, blows that have sound effects and launch people pretty far are generally not powerful...

Sheesh. PLEASE give your replies a bit more thought.

Never said they weren't. Cept that sound and launching distance has never been indicative of how much damage a blow does. No one contends that BRB's blows were powerful (in fact, he clearly gave it his all), just that he was unable to hurt the Surfer.

Damage-wise, SS's blows did FAR more damage than BRB's.

Damage between combatants and, more importantly, having one KO or take down the other is normally how we rate the winner.

Is it clear now? Do I need to spell it out even clearer to you?

Spire
The way the fight happened, they did a short exchange of attacks at the start. Due to BRB's powerset, he managed to defend himself from the Surfer's basic attacks. BRB managed to get the first shots in but barely did any visible damage to the Surfer

Surfer compensated and then completely dominated Bill after that, ending in BRB laying down in a fetal position bloodied and beaten in front of the Surfer.

Spire, however, contends that since it really didn't throw Bill that far away, then it didn't really do any damage.

BRB's face disagrees with him, but what's on-panel evidence to a guy who's already made up his mind even before reading the comic, eh?

After all this time you're still missing the point.

Surfer was dominated in combat. Bill was BLINDSIDED by a board to the back of the neck. I'm surprised he wasn't KOed...

The blood went away after receiving Surfer 2 girl punches in the next panel. All the blood shows is that he received damage.

Also he wasn't laying anywhere.

Spire
Sheesh. PLEASE give your replies a bit more thought.

Never said they weren't. Cept that sound and launching distance has never been indicative of how much damage a blow does. No one contends that BRB's blows were powerful (in fact, he clearly gave it his all), just that he was unable to hurt the Surfer.

Damage-wise, SS's blows did FAR more damage than BRB's.

Damage between combatants and, more importantly, having one KO or take down the other is normally how we rate the winner.

Is it clear now? Do I need to spell it out even clearer to you?

Lawl. Dull much?

You have any proof? Or do you agree that blows that have sound effects and launch people aren't powerful?

D_Dude1210

D_Dude1210
Lawl. Dull much?

You have any proof? Or do you agree that blows that have sound effects and launch people aren't powerful?

You have any eyes? Or do you simply NOT read what people post. Who said that the attack WASN'T powerful? It was all about how much damage was done.

Damage >< Powerful. Want me to look up the definitions for you?

Sheesh... And YOU call people dull??? Wow.

Spire

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>