Dante & Kratos vs. Link & Sora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
I'm no great expert on any of these but let's say it's...

DMC2 Dante
GOW1 Kratos

vs.

KH2 Sora
Whatever Link you want.

ScreamPaste
Any Link I want? aLttP Link soloes.

Gumachi
Bullshit.

ScreamPaste
Triforce ftw.

Gumachi
Dante slows time and Kratos cuts Link's head off ftw.

ScreamPaste
1. Lol?
2. Triforce ftw.

You simply can't argue with the combined power of three gods. Dante would be hard pressed to kill Link without the entire thing, with it, he stands no chance.

Gumachi
And I thought Triforce wasn't allowed? Either way, what is Link gonna do? Tickle him? Heh, Dante is too fast.

ScreamPaste
Triforce is allowed until threadowner says it's not.

Link wishes Dante out of existance, try out-running that! stick out tongue

If the wishing thing gets banned, with the entire triforce, Link has the powers of Din, Nayru, and Farore, we know that Ganon's piece of the trifoce gives incredible power, including castle lifting/busting TK.

Gumachi
Triforce shouldn't be allowed then no expression

I could easily bring Dante's "Super Sparda" form in this thread smile

How long does this take to cast?

ScreamPaste
The wish doesn't require casting, he simply makes a wish. "I wish I won! =D"
would suffice.

Like I said, if wishings banned, he still has the power of three goddesses, which is insanity, we know Din's piece alone is strong enough to put Ganondorf in the high tier of versus debates.

So, yeah, ALttP Link is utterly broken. He also has the pegasus boots, which allow him to outrun arrows, the titan's mits, to make him very physicly strong, magic armour, and a magic cape which makes him invisible and invincible. He has the mirror shield, master sword, ect.

Gumachi
Dante takes it from him xD.

Dante can break the sound barrier with his own self-will xD; Dante has speed; Turning invisible = useless, and so is The Master Sword. Don't know what magic armor and the mirror shield is.

ScreamPaste
Dante's not taking anything from him, the triforce is a part of it's owner. :P

Turning invisible, and invincible, gives Link alll the time he needs to sword Dante, especially with the incredibly powerful TK the triforces of Power and Wisdom will give him if they're combined.

Edit: and the master sword is not useless, it's an incredibly powerful weapon.

Gumachi
Dante can turn invisible as well, and he can fly out of Link's range. Like I said, he's too fast to hit Dante; Dante was able to disappear and not even Argosax could see him, so why is Link any different?

Yes, it's a powerful weapon, no doubt, but if it isn't evil, it's completly useless. Stabbing Dante 1 time isn't gonna do much, if anything at all. Besides, as soon as Dante swings, time slows.

ScreamPaste
Like I said, TK, hold him in place.

Gumachi
Dante teleports out of his TK. Also, how far can he TK?

Also, counting his stats from Shin Noctrune (which are canon), he can't be affected by Expel attacks, so I doubt "wishing him out of existence" would work.

Luminatus
I was not aware Link ever had the completed Triforce. It seems a bit unfair to give him that level of wankery too like giving Bowser the Star Rod. I would prefer if we used Link under his own single fragment of the Triforce level of power for this.

ScreamPaste
Can't be teleported out of, and Ganon can do it without being on screen, to give you an idea.

No limit fallacy thar, the triforce > a resistance.

In this case, the above can be discarded, and I'd like to use a different Link, I think.

Gumachi
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Can't be teleported out of, and Ganon can do it without being on screen, to give you an idea.

No limit fallacy thar, the triforce > a resistance.

Too bad he's too fast to be TKed. His best bet is to slow down time, and even that might not help.

No(?)

This version of Dante doesn't have much, allow him more or something.

ScreamPaste
Doesn't matter anymore, Gumachi, but I think you're vastly unerestimating the power of the triforce.

Edit: You want Dante to have more, and yet Link gets stuck with Sora as a partner? I call Shenanigans.

Gumachi
Never played a LoZ game, sooo...

I never really said Dante beats Link, lately, I think.

SuperLuigi
im sorry to say but link's chances are slim with that so called hero on his team

ScreamPaste
Do want a better partner, lol.

Gumachi
Sephiroth?

SuperLuigi
nero would be better a more even fight. seph is over the top.

Gumachi
Nero is kinda weak.

ScreamPaste
..Over the top? Seph gets roflstomped by either of the characters on Team 1. no expression

I was hoping for something more like..Samus, or Megaman.. Lol.

SuperLuigi
that is almost as ridiculous as kain beating ganondorf. and thats real ****ing talk

ScreamPaste
No, really, Dante and Kratos are both far more powerful than Sephiroth.

SuperLuigi
i am going to laugh myself to sleep now. when i wake have that proof

ScreamPaste
Sephiroth /LOST/ to Sora. :P

MooCowofJustice
Nero is like the Twilight things, he's meant to appeal to 12 year old girls.

SuperLuigi
Sephiroth /LOST/ to Sora. :P

kingdom hearts games do not count for anything final fantasy related.

Sin_Volvagia
I'd say Team 1 wins. This would be better if Link's team mate is Samus but in that case, I wouldn't know the winner.

ares834
I doubt the ToP will give Link magic powers, well I assume it would but what makes you think he would know how to use magic. Ganondorf had years to experiment with his new found power... Not to mention he was already a proficent sorcerer.

ScreamPaste
Link in aLttP already has powerful magic, ares.

ares834
Link in aLttP already has powerful magic, ares.

True. Can't belive I forgot that but it has been ages since I played that game, I need to get it for the VC.

ScreamPaste
Truth, aLttP is a great game. I have it for GBA.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
kingdom hearts games do not count for anything final fantasy related.

So instead of arguing that Seph only let Sora win, you're going to try and remove feats from Link's partner? That's lame sauce.

In any case Sora is a crap partner for Link anyways. He doesn't even have access to his most powerful abilities unless he's got two on his team.

SuperLuigi
anygame that mixes disney and final fantasy shouldnt be taken seriously ever. sora has falsified feats. sephiroth and cloud were put in the game to get fans of a really good and popular game to like that piece of shit.

Cyner
I think ALttP Link can handle this.

Doesn't Quake medallion spell turn all enemies onscreen into blob enemies(bots) if they aren't outright killed?

What about Bombos, and Ether? Ether Freezes everything and Bombos... well it's obvious. lets not forget that Link has the red mail which reduces damage by 75% and a certain cape which can make him invisible and intangible. Staff of Byrna creates a magical bubble around him that not only makes him invincible but also damages any enemies that touch the bubble. magic mirror which can let him come in and out of the sacred realm at will. Also a shovel, for beasting.

Who has played the KH series? What can Sora do?

MooCowofJustice
Sora can't do a whole lot. He made some really high jumps and sliced some skycrapers in two at the end of Kingdom Hearts 2. Then he and Riku deflected what I think was 1000 laser blasts, but I really can't say an exact number. 1000 is just a guess.

The jumps might not be taken seriously because of the setting of them.

Sappho
..Over the top? Seph gets roflstomped by either of the characters on Team 1. no expression

I was hoping for something more like..Samus, or Megaman.. Lol.
THANK YOU. i was so close to saying this till i saw your post, seph is shit, would get raped by anyone on team 1. And whoever it was, i think gumachi, trying to underestimate the whole triforce, should never argue at kmc again. A good character to match up with link would probably be... i dunno, non-shin akuma?

NemeBro
Akuma would punch Link's shield, shatter it and turn the bones in Link's arm to dust.

Seriously, never make a claim like that again.

ScreamPaste
I think he meant as a team mate.

That said; aLttP Link beasts him with a shovel. 131

Sappho
Originally posted by NemeBro
Akuma would punch Link's shield, shatter it and turn the bones in Link's arm to dust.

Seriously, never make a claim like that again.
i loled so damn hard.

I think he meant as a team mate.

That said; aLttP Link beasts him with a shovel. 131
and yea, i meant as a teammate, but now i can see how you got confused.

ScreamPaste
Imho, Akuma dies to Dante in this thread, can't land the epic island breakin ki-strike thing. Working with Sora on Link's team..........

Uhm.. Yay for ....Disney?

NemeBro
Why is Sora not considered a good match for Link?

Considering Sora eclipses Link in any way possible.

Seriously, Sora can beat either on team 1 with time stop, and then he cuts their heads off with the force he used when cutting those sections of building in half.

ScreamPaste
He needs Donald and Goofy for the time stop, and breaking a building isn';t large scale compared to the other characters in this thread. Sora's useless on his own.

NemeBro
He needs Donald and Goofy for the time stop, and breaking a building isn';t large scale compared to the other characters in this thread. Sora's useless on his own. Sora needs Donald and Goofy for the time stop? And...Where did you get that little bit of information from?

Oh really? Well let us see, Link has never broken a building, Kratos can do that at best, and the same is true of Dante.

Also, Sora is an effortless bullet-timer, making him faster than Link.

ScreamPaste
It's what's been said concerning Sora in every thread Isee him in.

Make up your mind on Kratos' strength level. |:

Throwing the collossus >>>>>> breaking a building. Sure, Sora might be as strong as Dante, but what good is that, he's also slower.

Sora's only useful power isn't available, he's the physicly weakest in this thread, and slower than Dante.

IE, he's useless, his only useful attribute is eclipsed by Dante who's superior in every way to Sora.

Sappho
speed doesnt matter too link, according to screampaste link could just sit there and "tank" everyones sword shots.

remember, when moocow or scream is around link is invincible.

ScreamPaste
Aw, love you too, Sappho.

Edit: Lol, right, invincible? No. You tend to underrate him, though.

Sappho
hug

Burning thought
Originally posted by Sappho

Amen to that, they wont let me forget it thats for sure wink

Cyner
link is invincible.
fixed

Burning thought
speed doesnt matter too link, according to screampaste link could just sit there and "tank" everyones sword shots.

remember, when moocow, Cyner or scream is around link is invincible.

fixed

NemeBro
It's what's been said concerning Sora in every thread Isee him in.

Make up your mind on Kratos' strength level. |:

Throwing the collossus >>>>>> breaking a building. Sure, Sora might be as strong as Dante, but what good is that, he's also slower.

Sora's only useful power isn't available, he's the physicly weakest in this thread, and slower than Dante.

IE, he's useless, his only useful attribute is eclipsed by Dante who's superior in every way to Sora. Oh is that so? Well they were wrong. Sora doesn't need them to stop time, that's bullshit, he only needs them for the Drive Forms.

...How so? Throwing the Collossus is about the same as breaking a building, the next step from building busting is city block busting, which raw strength cannot really achieve. Also, Sora hits with more force than Dante.

Oh no, you have it wrong, Link is useless, he is easily the weakest in the entire thread. Sora can stop time, he can effortlessly bullet-time, he can play tennis with large sections of skyscrapers, he has Reflega, a broken spell which reflects any damage done on him to his attacker, oh, and who can forget the fact that he can summon Genie, who is on a far greater level of power than anyone here.

MooCowofJustice

Yay, I'm included.

I guess Sora is better than I originally thought. He did beast 1,000 heartless all on his own.

Would we count Kingdom Hearts as a crossover game?

ScreamPaste
Negative. Sooooo wrong. Cutting a sky scraper in half is pie compared to that. |: It essentially amounts ot cutting through a bunch of concrete and metal, not a huge deal featwise, Dante's stopped Saviour's fist, which makes him stronger. He's also faster.

Let's see the time stop? Because I have people disagreeing on how it works now.

Also, lol at the last part.

MooCowofJustice
Shin, Sora has a spell called Stopraga. It freezes targeted enemies temporarily. If we would in fact call Sora a bullet timer he's plenty able to get over there that fast.

Do we count Sora deflecting lasers too?

NemeBro
Negative. Sooooo wrong. Cutting a sky scraper in half is pie compared to that. |: It essentially amounts ot cutting through a bunch of concrete and metal, not a huge deal featwise, Dante's stopped Saviour's fist, which makes him stronger. He's also faster.

Let's see the time stop? Because I have people disagreeing on how it works now.

Also, lol at the last part. Lol, the fact that he does it with a weapon not near as long or large as the building makes it a big deal. Also, Sora did not just cut it, he played tennis with it with Xemnas. Sora hits much harder. Faster? Maybe by a little. Sora can bullet-time effortlessly, and although the fight is overhyped, his showings of blocking and parrying Xemnas' attacks and lasers was impressive.

It's called Stopraga, he casts it, the enemy and anyone around the enemy is frozen in time. That's it.

Lol nothing. Sora is unarguably on a whole other level than Link, and Genie would clear the field.

NemeBro
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Shin, Sora has a spell called Stopraga. It freezes targeted enemies temporarily. If we would in fact call Sora a bullet timer he's plenty able to get over there that fast.

Do we count Sora deflecting lasers too? The laser thing was impressive, but not as much as some will tell you.

SpadeKing
genie would win by a single wish.

try cutting down a building using oversized keys no expression

ScreamPaste
Batting around concrete and cuttign through a sky scraper with a /magic key/, is not the same as doing so with a mundane key shaped lump of metal. There's no way it puts him on a level where he's stronger than either Dante or Kratos, or else Sephiroth's there too. See the problem?
Another problem, is it doesn't take nearly the same amount of force or strength to do that as to throw the collossus, or a massive pillar, or stop saviour's fist.

Genie's not in this thread, and I'm loling at your random jab at Link.

NemeBro
Batting around concrete and cuttign through a sky scraper with a /magic key/, is not the same as doing so with a mundane key shaped lump of metal. There's no way it puts him on a level where he's stronger than either Dante or Kratos, or else Sephiroth's there too. See the problem?
Another problem, is it doesn't take nearly the same amount of force or strength to do that as to throw the collossus, or a massive pillar, or stop saviour's fist.

Genie's not in this thread, and I'm loling at your random jab at Link. Stronger than Kratos? No. Stronger than Dante? Yeah. Also, Collossus is a hollow statue of bronze, not too heavy, though that is not why Kratos is stronger.

Sora has the ability at all times to summon Genie, he very much is in this thread.

ScreamPaste
I'm aware, I'm the one who highlighted that it's hollow ages ago :P

Let's compare stopping Saviour's fist to cuttign a sky scraper, because I don't see how cutting through a hollow structure of concrete and steel =/= stopping approx 100 tons in motion.

NemeBro
I'm aware, I'm the one who highlighted that it's hollow ages ago :P

Let's compare stopping Saviour's fist to cuttign a sky scraper, because I don't see how cutting through a hollow structure of concrete and steel =/= stopping approx 100 tons in motion. Cutting it? How about playing tennis with it?

Also, Sora has fought and can handle attacks from Hercules, who in KH tossed the Rock Titan into the horizon.

MooCowofJustice
My mind has been changed. Sora is indeed a worthy partner.

NemeBro
Link is unworthy to be on a team with Sora.

MooCowofJustice
I wouldn't say that. Invisible Shovel beastings ftw.

NemeBro
Reflega.

Owned.

ScreamPaste
Invisible. Shovel. Beastings. Sir.

MooCowofJustice
Reflega will not be kept up forever, and it only lasts for like a second during each cast anyway.

Of course, Sora won't be fighting Link anyway. Reflega will pwnzorz Kratos and Dante!

ScreamPaste
That said, good luck using reflega on an invisible shovel 131

MooCowofJustice
This is not Sora vs Link.

XanatosForever
Summons are not a solo ability. Can you show me footage or a scan showing Sora summoning Genie solo?

NemeBro
I'm going to decline that request on the grounds that it's stupid and if you have never played the game you should not post in this thread.

ScreamPaste
No, seriously, I'd like to see either thta or the time stop being solo. no expression

SuperLuigi
donald duck and sephiroth in the same game takes all credibility to sora away. sora wouldnt beat kratos or dante therefore he is zero help to link and therefore team one wins 10/10.

MooCowofJustice
The time stop is solo Shin, its a magic spell. Take my word for it.

I don't recall Genie being a solo summon though.

NemeBro
I just was at my friend's playing KH2, he used Genie solo, and of course Sora can use magic solo, I am not proving something so stupidly obvious. All he requires them for are a few triangle commands and the Drive forms.

MooCowofJustice
He could use Genie with the Master form, but summons and drive forms require Donald, Goofy, or both of them.

Edit: Actually that's backwards, Genie would use a Master form option. My bad.

But still, Summons and Drive forms require a partner.

NemeBro
Game mechanics are fun.

MooCowofJustice
How is that a game mechanic? That's a requirement for the summon. It's like Magic armor needing rupees and needing magic to shoot a Light Arrow.

NemeBro
Give me a good, in-universe explanation for why they are needed.

It is a game mechanic like HP, or MP.

MooCowofJustice
I could give you a theory. Sora needs the energy from one of his teammates to summon someone. That's the best theory I have.

I think its a requirement for the summon.

NemeBro
That is the explanation for the Drive Forms.

MooCowofJustice
But its the same thing for the summon.

NemeBro
Kay. Prove it.

MooCowofJustice
Are you really gonna make me go find my PS2?

ScreamPaste
Wit.. is her seirously trying to claim a character can o some thing it can't do in game with noe expanaatiom?

NemeBro
Yep.

Burning thought
Their trying to use the example of rupees for magic armour being a canon mechanic? lol..

Thats more of a good example of a game mechanic thats redundant in canon storyline...

MooCowofJustice
It's a requirement for the summon.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
He could use Genie with the Master form, but summons and drive forms require Donald, Goofy, or both of them.

Edit: Actually that's backwards, Genie would use a Master form option. My bad.

But still, Summons and Drive forms require a partner.

I can't remember the summon part but Drive forms requiring partners is a game mechanic. The first time you see a Drive form (which is in a cutscene), Goofy and Donald are at his side (even though Valor requires Goofy).

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I can't remember the summon part but Drive forms requiring partners is a game mechanic. The first time you see a Drive form (which is in a cutscene), Goofy and Donald are at his side (even though Valor requires Goofy).

Did Sora change to Valor during the cutscene? I know for a fact that if you're in a form mode and you reach a cinematic, sora will appear in that attire, so that doesn't necessarily prove that it's game mechanic.

NemeBro
Hm, actually, he is right, he used Valor without Goofy disappearing.

This makes me believe the summon thing is also a mechanic. Makes sense, if it weren't it would just be stupid.

SpadeKing
something like the final fantasy 10 summons? unless they're was a cutscene or something where yuna summons something and everyone randomly disappears.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.