Peter Petrelli vs. Clark Kent

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Before this gets deleted keep in mind that both these characters had comics out. The online comics of Heroes and i remember seeing smallville comics i think in the TV guide.
But I digress...Peter Petrelli before his father stripped him of his powers vs. Clark Kent (all his powers except for flight) from smallville season 8. Peter can't take Clark's powers b/c well he is not in the heroes universe and he aint even human. Fight takes place in our universe NYC.

XanatosForever
Why should his origins affect Peter's ability to copy? That's like saying Rogue can't absorb stuff.

In any case, I'd like to give this win to Peter, but I'm doubting it if he can't copy.

Oh yeah, inb4close. smile

Lostedge
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Why should his origins affect Peter's ability to copy?
In any case, I'd like to give this win to Peter, but I'm doubting it if he can't copy.

He can not copy the skills of Clark because he is not human. Period. Atleast according to how they got their skills and how it is explained in Heroes. In smallville Clark is weak, but could probably Speed Blitz Petrelli.

And what skills has Peter absorbed? Flying, regeneration and what else?

gobstakid777
peter would win.he'd go back in time,tk kal el's parents to death.It'd be over

Raptor22
pete stomps. flight, tp/tk, creates lightning and fire, he can freeze/travel through time, teleport, healing/regen, turn invisible and i think a few others and op says clark cant fly he has no chance.

Francisco
I thought this thread was Clark Kent vs Peter Petrelli.. Not Clark's parents vs Peter Petrelli..

That said. Without ludicrous theories about time travel Petrelli can't do shyt to Clark.

Clark is faster, stronger and more durable. By the way if there's someone more incompetent with the use of his powers than Clark Kent it has to be Peter Petrelli. God what a doofus!!

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Francisco
I thought this thread was Clark Kent vs Peter Petrelli.. Not Clark's parents vs Peter Petrelli..

That said. Without ludicrous theories about time travel Petrelli can't do shyt to Clark.

Clark is faster, stronger and more durable. By the way if there's someone more incompetent with the use of his powers than Clark Kent it has to be Peter Petrelli. God what a doofus!!
pete is a dumbass
but,if he had say..sylar-level skill, he could just saw supes head off,or pull a manchester black on him,hell i cvould say he has akira or nate grey level tk,then he'd really be fuked

dmills
Peter can't absorb because Superman isn't human? Where is that clause in the Heroes universe? Anyway, for the sake of conversation i'll say Supes takes it. But I think this stipulation is silly.

Francisco
Originally posted by gobstakid777
pete is a dumbass
but,if he had say..sylar-level skill, he could just saw supes head off,or pull a manchester black on him,hell i cvould say he has akira or nate grey level tk,then he'd really be fuked

In my opinion Clark's skin is to durable to be damaged by Petrelli's tk. Telepathically he might be able to do something but he is just not skilled enough. IMO.

Prime#
Originally posted by dmills
Peter can't absorb because Superman isn't human? Where is that clause in the Heroes universe? Anyway, for the sake of conversation i'll say Supes takes it. But I think this stipulation is silly.

Well kryptonians are a different species, it'd be like Peter absorbing flight from a fly or speed from a cheetah. So far his powers only works on other powered Humans

Mindset
Peter can't absorb because Superman isn't human? Where is that clause in the Heroes universe? Anyway, for the sake of conversation i'll say Supes takes it. But I think this stipulation is silly. Does Peter absorb the abilities of animals?

dmills
^^^ I said it's a silly stipulation because Peter's power is not TK, or electric shock, or time freeze. His power is the power to absorb other powers. Without absorbtion he has no powers.

Mindset
It's not a stipulation, that's how his powers work.

Wei Phoenix
pete is a dumbass

You could say that, but it'd be false.

KingD19
Peter absorbs powers, Clark has power, Peter can absorb them, since they are special abilities.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
You could say that, but it'd be false.
which is y i said I could say that . Pete wins in who is more powerful,but in a str8t fight,clark destorys his ass.if u stuck w/ heroes long enough,u remebe the ebginning of season 3 and he went into the futrue.It was him and sylar vs claire,knox,and daphne.he lost.him and sylar lost. wtf?

Mindset
Originally posted by KingD19
Peter absorbs powers, Clark has power, Peter can absorb them, since they are special abilities. Nope.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Mindset
Nope.
smile
ur still wrong though bout the settings of this match laughing

kgkg
Peter dies very quickly.

Wei Phoenix
which is y i said I could say that . Pete wins in who is more powerful,but in a str8t fight,clark destorys his ass.if u stuck w/ heroes long enough,u remebe the ebginning of season 3 and he went into the futrue.It was him and sylar vs claire,knox,and daphne.he lost.him and sylar lost. wtf?

Which is I said You could say that.

Mindset
What are you yammering about?

gobstakid777
What are you yammering about?
my bad.thought u were a different poster

dmills
Peter's only power is the ability to absorb other powers. So if he has no absorbtion, he has no powers. Kapeesh?

Mindset
Yea, aside from the powers he has already acquired...

gobstakid777
Peter's only power is the ability to absorb other powers. So if he has no absorbtion, he has no powers. Kapeesh?
midset.i thought u were this guy.my bad big grin
but dmills.u fail

dmills
I fail? What the hell are you talking about? That's Peter's power. He's absorbed others over the course of the show, but that is his power. Like the Absorbing man.

dmills
And Mindset, I'm trying to be civil here. Stop pushing my buttons. And You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about because you've being doing it for a while.

gobstakid777
u no for a fact he's talkin bout peter's tk,time travel,etc.

dmills
u no for a fact he's talkin bout peter's tk,time travel,etc. WTF! HE GOT THEM BY ABSORBING THEM! What's hard about this?

gobstakid777
WTF! HE GOT THEM BY ABSORBING THEM! What's hard about this?
but ur sayin it like his absorption power is the only power he;s gonna be able to use in this battle

Trackz
peter should win...but he sucks with his powers and has pretty much been beaten in every confrontation he's had

dmills
Peter's original power was emphatic mimicry. It enabled him to mimic other evolved human's skills and powers. After his power was stolen he was never able to gain any powers because he couldn't mimic.

Mindset
And Mindset, I'm trying to be civil here. Stop pushing my buttons. And You know EXACTLY what I'm talking about because you've being doing it for a while. I don't even know who you are, but you seem to lack basic comprehension ability.

Peter has the powers he has copied from the other "mutants".

Peter cannot copy Clark's powers.

Peter will be fighting Clark with the powers he has already copied, such as flight, time manipulation, tk, etc.

Do you understand?

dmills
You don't understand how Peter's powers work. You're like a person who drives really slow in the carpool lane because you think it's your duty to make sure everyone obey's the traffic laws. Go away.

Mindset
facepalm

So I guess you don't understand.

dmills
This coming from a guy who thinks Superman is slightly above street level.

dmills
HIS POWER IS CALLED EMPHATIC MIMICRY!!! It allows him to MIMIC other abilities, Not ABSORB them. This ability is the key. His father stole it. That's why had to inject a formula to get powers.

Trackz
This coming from a guy who thinks Superman is slightly above street level. pretty sure that was a joke, anyway he's right, his body is able to copy the abilitiy of others like him, there is a reason though he cant learn to fly from watcing a bird or get he strength of a gorilla, they are a completely different species and hteir dna varies in many more ways than the humans that peter is able to copy his abilities from, clarks abilities dont come from the same place that the heroes characters get theirs so peter wouldn't be able to copy them.

Mindset
HIS POWER IS CALLED EMPHATIC MIMICRY!!! It allows him to MIMIC other abilities, Not ABSORB them. This ability is the key. His father stole it. That's why had to inject a formula to get powers. Which is why I changed my post to the word copy about 10 seconds after I posted because I realized absorb wasn't the right word. no expression

dmills
When Sylar takes powers the person dies. When Arthur steals powers the victim has no more powers, that's called absorbtion. When Peter mimics powers, the original person still has their powers. MIMIC.

Mindset
My god...facepalm

Btw, Sylar can take powers w/o killing.

dmills
So if you take his ability to mimic powers away then he... has... no... power. Think of him as Taskmaster on steroids. Which is why I originally said the premise of the OP is silly. Got it now?

Mindset
You're exceptionally stupid.

~The Wickerman~
Jesus Christ dmills the OP means he already has all the abilities he mimicked at the time his father stripped him of them, but cannot copy CK's powers. What the hell is hard to understand?

gobstakid777
So if you take his ability to mimic powers away then he... has... no... power. Think of him as Taskmaster on steroids. Which is why I originally said the premise of the OP is silly. Got it now?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/6955/803205-holy_facepalm_super.jpg

dmills
^^^If that's the case then I stand corrected. I thought the op was saying Peter lost his ability to mimic but somehow kept using tk, time warp, etc.

dmills
You're exceptionally stupid. I'll let that slide because you were right. Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day jk!

gobstakid777
I'll let that slide because you were right. Hell even a broken clock is right twice a day jk!
i apologize

Lostedge
Originally posted by Trackz
Thre is a reason though he cant learn to fly from watcing a bird or get he strength of a gorilla, they are a completely different species. Clarks abilities dont come from the same place that the heroes characters get theirs so peter wouldn't be able to copy them.

I do not care who wins. Just want to point out that Petrilli can not absorb/mimic Clarks powers. And those who claim that he can, have not clearly watched Heroes or 'read' the comic book. Also it was said by OP

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.