Whatever happened to the little girl who played Newt in "Aliens"?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The Nuul
Patricia
Brooklyn, New York
Dear Patricia:
Despite spending five months of her childhood being menaced by slimy aliens, Carrie Henn grew up into a happy, well-adjusted schoolteacher. "Acting just wasn't me," the one-time star declared in a 1998 issue of Entertainment Weekly.

Henn got the part of Rebecca "Newt" Jorden in "Aliens" quite by chance. She was living with her family in the U.K., where her father was stationed on a U.S. Air Force base. Movie scouts visited her school, snapped her picture, and took it back to director James Cameron. Henn was then called to London for an audition, where Cameron saw that the girl had "a quiet, soulful quality" that he wanted for Newt. The rest is movie history.

Shortly after her stint as Sigourney Weaver's sidekick, Henn moved back to the States with her family. She decided not to pursue an acting career, instead earning degrees in liberal studies and child development from California State University at Stanislaus. According to a 2001 article in People magazine, she then went on to earn a teaching certificate. Now Henn mostly enjoys her work as an elementary school teacher...mostly.

http://j.bdbphotos.com/pictures/T/3L/T3F3G9_large.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
I thought she died in a crash landing after her escape pod was jettisoned towards a prison planet.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by The Nuul
Now Henn mostly enjoys her work as an elementary school teacher...mostly.

laughing mostly laughing out loud laughing out loud

-Pr-
there was an interview with a grown up Carrie Henn on the special edition DVD of Aliens. Was interesting enough.

also, laughing out loud @ mostly.

roughrider
Cameron likely terrorized her so much on the set, that he killed any further acting bug she had. He's known for that.

wicker_man
I met her at a convention a while back, she said she still gets ribbed for THAT line by some of her schools older pupils.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by roughrider
Cameron likely terrorized her so much on the set, that he killed any further acting bug she had. He's known for that.

yeah, but at least he gets results wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.