Star Trek Toy Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

snoopdogg
I don't know if there is one of these so I made one. Hopefully we can discuss any Star Trek collectable toys that you have. I actually don't have any yet but am wondering if anybody has any of the Next Generation action figures from the 90's? I saw some on Ebay but wanted to know what they are like and how posable they are etc.

Wei Phoenix
http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/Wei-Phoenix/100_0210.jpg

-Pr-
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

i hate you.

off the top of my head, i can remember having:

Lights and Sounds TNG K'Vort Class BOP
Lights and Sounds Enterprise D (Generations) with battle damage
Lights and Sounds Borg Sphere from First Contact
Lights and Sounds Defiant
Lights and Sounds Enterprise B
Lights and Sounds Enterprise E from First Contact

As far as figures go, i bought a bunch on ebay before Paypal screwed me over. I have a bunch of first contact figures, and a few of the TNG ones. never opened em, but i like how they sculpted the hands to hold the phasers properly. the season 3 riker figure is probably my favourite star trek figure ever.

i had ds9 worf in his season 4 gear. sisko in the same uniform. i had the talking commander riker figure.

when they started doing the 6" figures recently, i bought season 6 riker and first contact picard...

i have a bunch of prop replicas too, though not all of them are fully constructed just yet.

its all back in ireland, so i don't know em all...

snoopdogg
How did PayPal screw you over?

And how posable are the action figures? I have quite a few of the Star Wars ones do they compare to them?

-Pr-
Originally posted by snoopdogg
How did PayPal screw you over?

And how posable are the action figures? I have quite a few of the Star Wars ones do they compare to them?

paypal insisted that i could only use a credit card, even though the method of payment i was using (disposable credit card vouchers) was perfectly legal.

they're poseable enough. shoulder, elbow, and sometimes wrist twists. v shaped crotches iirc, with knee articulation. it's what you'd expect from a figure in the early 90s.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

i have that.. i also have several trek model kits which include the enterprise, E-d, E-e, ds9..

also have action figures of kirk, spock, picard and worf

snoopdogg
Can you get pictures of your stuff? I'm a huge Star Wars dude but am looking to get some Star Trek stuff also.

-Pr-
Can you get pictures of your stuff? I'm a huge Star Wars dude but am looking to get some Star Trek stuff also.

they're back in ireland, so sorry, i can't.

i have some star wars stuff too, actually lol...

my biggest thing these days is the dc classics figures. they're btchin.

snoopdogg
I saw the DC figures at Target the other day. I see they have the 3/34" scale ones now but I didn't buy them. Do you have the small figures? That's primarily the ones I collect now.

-Pr-
I saw the DC figures at Target the other day. I see they have the 3/34" scale ones now but I didn't buy them. Do you have the small figures? That's primarily the ones I collect now.

nah, i go for the 6" ones, though i havent bought any since before i moved. i bought captain marvel and regeneration suit superman most recently...

steverules_2
The only star trek figures I have are 3 borg (one being lacutus aka picard) and one of them still boxed and I got picard from first contact. But I'm more a star wars fan and I got a huge collection of that stuff.

-Pr-
i have some star wars stuff too, though not nearly as much as i have comics or star trek...

steverules_2
I've bought quite a few of the star wars vehicles, I've got: The millennium falcon, slave 1 (from AOTC), AT-AT, Tei fighter and...lukes speeder...oh and anakins pod racer...the rest of the Star wars stuff is just characters, got a few rare boxed ones smile

-Pr-
Originally posted by steverules_2
I've bought quite a few of the star wars vehicles, I've got: The millennium falcon, slave 1 (from AOTC), AT-AT, Tei fighter and...lukes speeder...oh and anakins pod racer...the rest of the Star wars stuff is just characters, got a few rare boxed ones smile

dang, sounds like quite a collection. when i was a kid (in the mid 80s) i had tons of the kenner figures and such, but over the years they disappeared. in recent years i got back in to it, but only have around a dozen figures...

steverules_2
My cousin had a whole load of star wars action figures when he was a kid, the vintage stuff that would cost like...well alot nowa days, and he had taken them with him in a box somewhere (on holiday perhaps) and when he got in a taxi he left them behind by accident..he never got them back, if it had been me I woulda been gutted.

But yeah some of the ones I have were a real b!tch to get, most of them I got off ebay smile

snoopdogg
I still have my vintage Boba Fett action figure and it's in awesome shape.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.