Star Wars, Reconstructed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gideon
The title was supposed to be a play on Girl, Interrupted. If anyone other than me attempted this, it would be considered lame and unworthy. But because I came up with the title, it's good.

Since college has started, I figured I'd take this up as something of a hobby with relevance, given the amount of research, compiling, and writing that would take place, it would eat up time and hone my skills that will undoubtably be put to the test in the near future.

If anyone is interested, it would be cool to tackle this as a group project. If not, no biggie.

mattatom
Ahh the book? What exactly will this entail. Since me being at college and the like.

Gideon
mattatom
Ahh the book?

no expression

no

Well, we've all pretty much racked up some great ideas through years and years and threads and threads of constant b1tching and criticisms of everything from Luke's fluctuating power levels to Abeloth to Mandowankery to missed opportunities to wasted potential to poor ideas to the infamous three million clone figure.

Basically, it would be a project to plot a revamped continuity, from the PT on out. Obviously a completed version would take years, but I like those sort of projects.

Like a what-if scenario. Nothing professional, just likeminded fans screwing around.

Ms.Marvel
this is a similar idea to the thread at RoK?

Gideon
Ms.Marvel
this is a similar idea to the thread at RoK?

Yeah.

I think people contributed some great ideas over there, so it would be cool to work on them.

mattatom
Ahh well I have read a book with that title so my bad. Does sound interesting. I do plan to live for years. I would like to contribute if you'll have me.

Gideon
I will have you. All night long.

mattatom
Originally posted by Gideon
I will have you. All night long. Save it Gideon, Your riding the FauNuts tonight remember? You said this on Twitter!

Red Nemesis
Gideon thinx this will be cool? I'd better intervene before he ruins such a good idea!

Gideon
f u

mattatom
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Gideon thinx this will be cool? I'd better intervene before he ruins such a good idea! Nubcake. Originally posted by Gideon
f u
Qft.

Gideon
Forum up. PM me for detailz.

Red Nemesis
edit

Gideon
Mattatom, Red, come on! We need moar ppl! Diversity!

truejedi
so, are you trying to come up with a star wars continuity that makes sense as opposed to the inconsistency we get from the different writers?

mattatom
Mattatom, Red, come on! We need moar ppl! Diversity! You know i'm there now silence. Lucien might be died down by a bit by my little project i cobbled together in five minutes.Originally posted by truejedi
so, are you trying to come up with a star wars continuity that makes sense as opposed to the inconsistency we get from the different writers?
Yes, pretty much.

Gideon
truejedi

Yeah.

Slash_KMC
k

I'll go sit on the sidelines and yell insults at you guys. Motivational insults ofcourse.

mattatom
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
k

I'll go sit on the sidelines and yell insults at you guys. Motivational insults ofcourse.
By that ofcourse you mean "Yes sure i'm interested"
Clicky.
Linky

Slash_KMC
Originally posted by mattatom
By that ofcourse you mean "Yes sure i'm interested"
Clicky.
Linky

Ofcourse, and if I don't feel like contributing much, I'll just steal stuff from Faunus.

Drop the prophecy!!!

truejedi
well, can i throw out there that we need a more convincing fight between Kenobi and Vader? Kenobi at the time of ANH was actually younger than FOTJ Luke Skywalker, am i right? He was also more than 20 years older than Count Dooku was when he fought several stirring battles before dying.

Vader should use the force in their combat to gain an edge over a perfectly healthy Kenobi, whose lightsaber skills shouldn't really be all that diminished, since his connection to the force (the driving heart and soul of any lightsaber duelist, and especially kenobi) should have been even stronger than in ROTS after 20 years of studying the force on Tatooine.

I might write a new fight for them. Same result, more realistic struggle.

SIDIOUS 66
Actually in the series "The last of the Jedi", Kenobi admitts to being out of practice with the force. He claimed to have longer trusted the force.

Gideon
Everyone was validated, I was without computer access last night.

mattatom
Everyone was validated, I was without computer access last night. I wondered why I was lonely on MSN, lmao.

Dr McBeefington
The title was supposed to be a play on Girl, Interrupted. If anyone other than me attempted this, it would be considered lame and unworthy. But because I came up with the title, it's good.

Since college has started, I figured I'd take this up as something of a hobby with relevance, given the amount of research, compiling, and writing that would take place, it would eat up time and hone my skills that will undoubtably be put to the test in the near future.

If anyone is interested, it would be cool to tackle this as a group project. If not, no biggie.

We're basically trying to pretend that GL isn't a money hungry douchebag with no concept of continuity.

Gideon
That's one way of putting it. stick out tongue

Slash_KMC
I wondered why I was lonely on MSN, lmao.

It's called Windows Live Messenger for quite a while now.

(Not that I actually call it that.)

mattatom
Thats helping to the degree of making me look like I don't know the name of the programs I use, therefore, you lose 1 helper point.

However I know that it just takes longer to type.

Slash_KMC
You were giving out wrong information, I was saying it for the sake of everyone who visits the thread.

It's like when people say Revan is among the top 3 Force users because he defeated Malak. I can't just 'not' correct that.

mattatom
Actually technically Slash I never upgraded it with the updates so I'm still on the original MSN wink.

Slash_KMC
Darnit. I think too logical, it's like you're Revan throwing grenades at Malak. It's not likely, but it is possible.

mattatom
Although I would like to point out in the Canon shot with him standing over Malak, his robes seemed fine not like theyd been shredded with a frag grenade.

truejedi
he could have been killed by the concussion though. That wouldn't affect his robes. The grenades didn't have to be frag grenades, in fact, plasma grenades are among the most powerful in the game.

The adhesive grenades could be at play too. (as funny as that sounds) Revan glued Malak to the floor, and then completely surrounded Malak with MInes, after the adhesive wore off, Malak went charging into the minefield and was blown to pieces.

mattatom
Originally posted by truejedi
he could have been killed by the concussion though. That wouldn't affect his robes. The grenades didn't have to be frag grenades, in fact, plasma grenades are among the most powerful in the game.

The adhesive grenades could be at play too. (as funny as that sounds) Revan glued Malak to the floor, and then completely surrounded Malak with MInes, after the adhesive wore off, Malak went charging into the minefield and was blown to pieces. You mean the grenade which did no damage at all? Yes the plasma ones which sent plasma which burns everywhere and with the mines Malak was a whole corpse in the shot.

truejedi
so... let me ask you this: How injured was Rosh Penin in Jedi Academy? Didn't have a mark on him, but was begging for his life.

In fact..................... (I love this part) Not a single character in all of KOTOR has a mark on them after being killed.

HOw do you explain that? Were they not really dead?

Slash_KMC
Actually, how did Malak die? Did he get stabbed in the chest, or maybe slashed, or did some Force attack do it? He sure was very talkative before he finally died.

Red Nemesis
Catastrophic liver failure.

You can't live without your liver!

Slash_KMC
I knew it! My second guess would have been lead poisoning or maybe second hand smoking.

truejedi
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Actually, how did Malak die? Did he get stabbed in the chest, or maybe slashed, or did some Force attack do it? He sure was very talkative before he finally died.

I don't think he did actually die. He just sounded like he was having an asthma attack? Maybe in the spirit of KOTOR combat, Revan ran in circles, since he was faster than Malak, then Malak had a heart attack and died. Maybe Revan was just FASTER than Malak.

Slash_KMC
My Revan really was fast, most of the time when I was using Master Speed (not the drugs) one of my companions couldn't follow and when I wanted to enter another area I had to go back to look for the slowpoke.

truejedi
well, i mean, even non-force aided revan could run away from any combat he wanted to. I did that more than once when faced with impossible odds. Ran away and healed myself, and then walked just close enough till one person saw me, and then ran away. That guy chases me, i run a ways, then turn around and kill him and go back for another.

Though Master-Speed made the game trivial. That ended up giving 4 attacks per stroke with a double-bladed lightsaber didn't it?

Slash_KMC
I don't remember, I mainly used it outside of battles really. The first time I upgraded it to Knight Speed I was pissed because I didn't actually go faster.

But yeah, when I wasn't using cheats I also used that run away thing.

Gideon
stfu and contribute muthafugga!

Slash_KMC
I'm the contribution mastaa!!

Gideon
moar!

Incanus
*Sith sorcery on you all* I win

Darth Subjekt
*enter uber remarkableness

Gideon
MOAR

Darth Subjekt
So how in depth are you trying to go with this? What's your desired ultimate outcome?

Gideon
Darth Subjekt
So how in depth are you trying to go with this? What's your desired ultimate outcome?

Hopefully, this will span years and be something of a recreational, enjoyable writing experience.

And then we can publish it, offer it to George, and make MILLIONS!

no expression

Darth Subjekt
Unfortunately, Lucas would just have us killed, take out all "substance" and refill the missing holes with CGI and then he'd simultaneously makes millions while brainwashing yet another generation of unsuspecting would-be fans.

Gideon
Originally posted by Darth Subjekt
Unfortunately, Lucas would just have us killed, take out all "substance" and refill the missing holes with CGI and then he'd simultaneously makes millions while brainwashing yet another generation of unsuspecting would-be fans.

But it would be so worth it.

no expression

Red Nemesis
I too am confuzzled.

Are we actually writing stuff? Liek, fiction?

Or are we just cutting the mandos (and our bloodstained abandoned souls) and fixing errors.

Darth Subjekt
Yes, this is true. This is so true.

Gideon
I too am confuzzled.

Are we actually writing stuff? Liek, fiction?

Or are we just cutting the mandos (and our bloodstained abandoned souls) and fixing errors.

YOU WILL BE WRITING YOU HOAR!

Red Nemesis
I DO WUT I WANT!

Gideon
I DO WUT I WANT!

You want me?

Darth Subjekt
I know i do.

Gideon

truejedi
YOU WILL BE WRITING YOU HOAR!
when shall the actual writing commence?

Slash_KMC
In exactly 14 925 658 seconds.

Gideon
Update: several new threads have been created at the Maw with new developments on the reconstructed mythos.

Go there. Now.

plz

mattatom
Update: several new threads have been created at the Maw with new developments on the reconstructed mythos Also those who like Marek i tried to flesh him out a little wink

Go there. Now.

plz

Darth Subjekt
Update: several new threads have been created at the Maw with new developments on the reconstructed mythos.

Go there. Now.

plz Go where??

Gideon
Darth Subjekt
Go where??

http://s1.zetaboards.com/the_maw_installation/index/

Darth Subjekt
who runs it?

Ms.Marvel
he does.

mattatom
Gideon runs it, I was the first to suggest my interest iirc just took me a while to create an account wink

Darth Subjekt
Ah, I see. Well done, sir.

mattatom
Ah, I see. Well done, sir. Why thankyou. *bows* I'm just a guy who feels GL can be a tard sometimes.

Darth Subjekt
Actually, I was saying well done to to Gideon for running his own forum... but uh....good job to you to for uh....being... Canadian...??

Darth_Glentract
I'm surprised KMC hasn't brought the hammer down on Gideon for advertising another forum. Everyone should bookmark it in case they start taking down the links.

Darth Subjekt
I'm surprised you would even bring that up in the first place.

Darth_Glentract
What do you mean?

btw, the account John there is me.

Darth Subjekt
That's like going up to a guy whose wife is cheating on him and being like, "I'm surprised he's not murdering his wife for banging another dude." If they haven't said anything yet, why bring it up, ya know?

Darth_Glentract
True. I don't think me saying it would make any difference though. What are the chances they read it?

Lord Lucien
REX: You're all banned.

Red Nemesis
Actually, I was saying well done to to Gideon for running his own forum... but uh....good job to you to for uh....being... Canadian...??

Umm, he actually failed (pretty damn hard) at that a while ago. So has Janus.

Mr Omiverseria
Yeah but that's because his first one lacked a very special presence (I now go by the name of Spartacus Lowrenstein).

Red Nemesis
Shut up neb. Or Blax.

Slash_KMC
Umm, he actually failed (pretty damn hard) at that a while ago. So has Janus.

Lawl, that's true.

Major Valerian
http://s1.zetaboards.com/the_maw_installation/index/

The phuck? There are TWO Zeta-Boards now?? I'm lost. And I was kept out of it. I feel excluded.

Well, not really, but still.

Red Nemesis
It isn't like you ignored the announcement to move to ROK or anything.

Major Valerian
I did? I don't remember..

Autokrat
So... I actually went ahead and posted a sample piece of writing, but apparently you lazy people, busy with real life concerns far less important, can't even take the time to visit SWR.

Pfft...

mattatom
Originally posted by Autokrat
So... I actually went ahead and posted a sample piece of writing, but apparently you lazy people, busy with real life concerns far less important, can't even take the time to visit SWR.

Pfft... *Checks writing* Be back in a few.

Red Nemesis
It's not like the project is a dead end of abandoned dreams and eviscerated self confidence or anything...

mattatom
Originally posted by Autokrat

Pfft... *back* Enjoyed it smile

Slash_KMC
I'll read it tomorrow.

Gideon
Actually, I've been writing metric shittons.

Autokrat
*back* Enjoyed it smile

Man I didn't even see this until now.

Coolz.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.