Which game would u prefer?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BrandonNguyen42
Which game would u prefer for pc Battle for middle earth 2 or conquest?

Morgromir
close one , is it BFME RWK ? if not than id probably go with conquest

xJLxKing
I'd go with Lord Of the Ring, Battle For Middle Earth 2. I loved that game. I was one of the top clan players. Though, the game might not have a lot of players online.

Morgromir
i loved the expansion , although it does get irritating when all the maps are at night -.-

xJLxKing
I hate the expansion. It destroyed the game. It made every faction the same. Not to mention, they ruined Mordor completely.

Morgromir
true , i just like the new units in it =)

xJLxKing
Yes, I especially love the Elven, and Goblin Units. I am just mad that they destroyed how the unit system was. I hated the new mordor units. They removed the Nuzgul and added easterling cavalry

Morgromir
yeah =( the haradrim cavalry sucks aswell so its just a waste ,one thing i dont like is that you cant get a troll to throw stones once you rip up a tree

Lord Lucien
What's that one that was played out like an action-RPG? That one sucked.

Morgromir
we were talking about the battle for ME 2

BrandonNguyen42
Do u guys have it on Pc?

and isnt bfme like Star wars battlefront styled
?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by BrandonNguyen42
Do u guys have it on Pc?

and isnt bfme like Star wars battlefront styled
?
No, it's more of a C&C time. The one you thinking of is Conquest

-Pr-
I have all the BFME games. I didn't like Conquest at all.

I liked Rise of the Witch King to an extent (with all the new content), but it did seem to make them all very samey to a point, i agree.

I still play BFME 1, and i realised just how good it is when compared to the newer ones... there's a lot more combat too. you can't simply wall spam, build your defences and wait for your powers to build up, you have to take the fight to the enemy...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by -Pr-
I have all the BFME games. I didn't like Conquest at all.

I liked Rise of the Witch King to an extent (with all the new content), but it did seem to make them all very samey to a point, i agree.

I still play BFME 1, and i realised just how good it is when compared to the newer ones... there's a lot more combat too. you can't simply wall spam, build your defences and wait for your powers to build up, you have to take the fight to the enemy...
Bfme1 is very limited. Though, at it's prime, the online experience was incredible.

-Pr-
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Bfme1 is very limited. Though, at it's prime, the online experience was incredible.

limited how? in the base building sense?

Morgromir
BFME 1 is awesome compared to BFME2,but theyre both good
the only thing i dont like in #1 is no conquest mode, and extremely limited unit count

-Pr-
Originally posted by Morgromir
BFME 1 is awesome compared to BFME2,but theyre both good
the only thing i dont like in #1 is no conquest mode, and extremely limited unit count

you can alter that in the game settings, like, the actual game files in the folders, not the options...

xJLxKing
limited how? in the base building sense?
In base building and regular strategy. Calvary<Archers Swordsman<Calvary Swordsmen>Archer, where did pikes go. Then like you said, the base building is a huge reason why it's limited. Then goes the fact it has small unit population cap.

Though, the strong point is that it is unique. All 4 faction are completely different. In addition, the campaign was awesome (Helms Deep).

I don't know about you, but in BFME1, it was rather easy to be cheap and win easily in MP. Gondor can use Gandalf rush. Gandalf is like a unstoppable tank. Rohan can go with the old Ent attack. I was never good with Mordor, or Isengard in BFME1 so can't comment on them.

-Pr-
In base building and regular strategy. Calvary<Archers Swordsman<Calvary Swordsmen>Archer, where did pikes go. Then like you said, the base building is a huge reason why it's limited. Then goes the fact it has small unit population cap.

Though, the strong point is that it is unique. All 4 faction are completely different. In addition, the campaign was awesome (Helms Deep).

I don't know about you, but in BFME1, it was rather easy to be cheap and win easily in MP. Gondor can use Gandalf rush. Gandalf is like a unstoppable tank. Rohan can go with the old Ent attack. I was never good with Mordor, or Isengard in BFME1 so can't comment on them.

you can spam archers with fire arrows and stroll across pretty much every map.

xJLxKing
you can spam archers with fire arrows and stroll across pretty much every map.
Exactly. There wasn't much strategy to it. It felt like DOW

As for BFME. Perfect system
Archer=Support
Cal>Archer, and Swordsmen
Pike>Cal
Swordsman>Pike

The ability to build anywhere.
The fact that mordor has no Calvary units.
Extra powers.
More heroes which add to more strategy.
Pop Cap is increase by huge amount.
Tunnels adds diversity
Elevation advantage adds a lot
Flanking
Battalions are bigger
More units
You can choose whether or not to increase to tier two units. In BFME you had to build units to increase from tier one to tier two.

I can go on and on smokin' but I wont

Morgromir
you can alter that in the game settings, like, the actual game files in the folders, not the options... =O whats the max ?

Morgromir
the only negateives for BFME2 is
1 night maps are to common
2 battalions cost more than before

as for BFME 1 i hate when the pc would just rush me with archers, swords would go to kill front, back would toast them , and it took awhile to get cavalry there

xJLxKing
I loved playing BFME1 against a computer rather then an actual person. Me and my friend would set it on 6x brutal and fight them. It was always fun asking each other to sent force while we are being assault non-stop.

Unfortunately, BFME2 does not support camping, so I got into player vs player.

Morgromir
I never got around to playing PvP , the connection would always crash

xJLxKing
Wow, you missed out big time.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Morgromir
=O whats the max ?

around a thousand, iirc.

you should have seen the army of elves i had at helms deep. those uruks never got close with the mine, and i finished the level without losing the wall.

i've never played either of the games online, sadly. wonder if the servers are still running...

xJLxKing
BFME2 still has some players. I try going on once in 3-4months. IDK about BFME.

Helms Deep was an epic level.

-Pr-
BFME2 still has some players. I try going on once in 3-4months. IDK about BFME.

Helms Deep was an epic level.

aye. it was very well put together.

might give the online thing a shot...

Incanus
All the games currently have games up and running, bfme 2 rowk has the most however.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Incanus
All the games currently have games up and running, bfme 2 rowk has the most however.

ah, cool.

btw, did anyone happen to play LOTR conquest? i played the training level a while back, but no more. is it worth looking at?

Incanus
Eh, for the story once yes. Replayability, in single player hell no. Multiplayer is ok, but it depends on if you prefer becoming and uber gamer or a more social thing. Some lvls are worth playing again on Legendary however. Helms Depp on Legendary can be quite a feat if you fight to the ground from the causeway.

Oh and btw me and my friend thot of a BFME 3, only its in the First Age and incorporates things from other agmes, ex. Rise and Fall: Civilizations, etc where you can control a hero in third person, add commanders, and multiple campaigns. =-) pm if you want more details cuz im really bored right now...... sounded like as fun game, even got to the units =-) and buildings, may send email about it, and would happily take reccomendations for it =-)

but seriously im bored

-Pr-
Originally posted by Incanus
Eh, for the story once yes. Replayability, in single player hell no. Multiplayer is ok, but it depends on if you prefer becoming and uber gamer or a more social thing. Some lvls are worth playing again on Legendary however. Helms Depp on Legendary can be quite a feat if you fight to the ground from the causeway.

Oh and btw me and my friend thot of a BFME 3, only its in the First Age and incorporates things from other agmes, ex. Rise and Fall: Civilizations, etc where you can control a hero in third person, add commanders, and multiple campaigns. =-) pm if you want more details cuz im really bored right now...... sounded like as fun game, even got to the units =-) and buildings, may send email about it, and would happily take reccomendations for it =-)

but seriously im bored

ah, may check it out.

basing it off of witch king? or using a different game engine?

One Free Man
conquest did nothing but disappoint me.

ChakraStrings
BFME II but that game was silly. And to be honest they are both bad.

Heroes are WAY TO ****ING OVERPOWERED in BFME II
and in Conquest the battles are to small, limited, and make absolutely no sense at all. They just create random characters that Tolkein never even mentioned.

ares834
Originally posted by One Free Man
conquest did nothing but disappoint me.
Yep. The game is shit not even worth a rental. Hell, the damn game isn't even balanced. Mages are so god damn overpowered, if you know how to use one (like me) you can almost win games by yourself unless there is another uber-mage on the other team.

One Free Man
Originally posted by ares834
Yep. The game is shit not even worth a rental. Hell, the damn game isn't even balanced. Mages are so god damn overpowered, if you know how to use one (like me) you can almost win games by yourself unless there is another uber-mage on the other team. I pirated it and I hated it so bad I almost sued the company for wasting my bandwidth. Here i was expecting tf2 style gameplay on lotr maps and its all linear and small... so gay.

The_usher
Dawn of War is magnificent

johnmarsh56
I prefer The lord of the ring and spiderman. This is the best games.

eezy45
no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.