Etrigan vs. Ghost Rider

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

Warlord
GR

Endless Mike
Any particular reason why?

Prep-Man
Etrigan. both are pretty evenly matched, but Etrigan can call upon more resources in hell.

Knowsbleed33
I like Etrigan for the slim majority.

guy222
GR

Prep-Man
i don't think the penance stare will work here.

comicfan11
Etrigan for a majority

Placidity
Etrigan cause he is way more badass.

What can GR do to him? (Genuine Question)

Kazenji
Originally posted by Placidity
Etrigan cause he is way more badass.

Yeah thats a good enough reason................. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Warlord
I don't see why Etrigan won't get penance stared

manx422
Etrigan

Allankles
Originally posted by Prep-Man
i don't think the penance stare will work here.

You might be right, now that think about it.

KingD19
Etrigan via BFR( Punches GR straight to the moon)

thanos-prime
correct me if im wrong but doesn't the penance stare work on people who have caused great pain and if so etrigan has done plenty of that

Kazenji
He's gonna have one major headache after getting hit by it.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by thanos-prime
correct me if im wrong but doesn't the penance stare work on people who have caused great pain and if so etrigan has done plenty of that

Prep-Man

yes, but it doesn't always work. last from what we've seen from Etrigan is that he has the trident, which is an uber weapon in itself.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by KingD19

yeah, he punched superman out of the atmosphere. showing what he's capable physically.

thanos-prime
yes, but it doesn't always work. last from what we've seen from Etrigan is that he has the trident, which is an uber weapon in itself. have any scans of it not working? and Gr has some weapons of his own

Warlord
the trident is not considered standard equip as far as I'm concerned

Prep-Man
have any scans of it not working? and Gr has some weapons of his own

I just remember a couple of instances of his stare not working, because of the fact of the opponent not feeling any remorse for the ones he's killed. Demon is a higher power from hell, so I doubt it'll work. Afterall, one of his only weaknesses is Holy power.

Also, Etrigan can whip up spells to counter GR's abilities, I think.

thanos-prime
I just remember a couple of instances of his stare not working, because of the fact of the opponent not feeling any remorse for the ones he's killed. Demon is a higher power from hell, so I doubt it'll work. Afterall, one of his only weaknesses is Holy power.

Also, Etrigan can whip up spells to counter GR's abilities, I think. the only instances i can think of when it didn't work were because the people he tried using it on were insane and weren't mentally sound

Raptor22
and you would consider a dude who only speaks in rhymes and jingles sane and mentally sound?

Warlord
yes

Priest
GR took WWH hits unfazed.

KingD19
I never said that the punches would hurt him, I just said Etrigan could punch him to the moon. And when someone as strong as Etrigan, physically and magically hits someone susceptible to strong mystical attacks, then he's going to the moon.

thanos-prime
I never said that the punches would hurt him, I just said Etrigan could punch him to the moon. And when someone as strong as Etrigan, physically and magically hits someone susceptible to strong mystical attacks, then he's going to the moon. he would probably be dead long before he thought to bfr him

KingD19
How would GR kill him, Etrigan, one of the most physically and magically powerful beings in existance?

Prep-Man
he would probably be dead long before he thought to bfr him

Etrigan is immortal. backed by Merlin.

thanos-prime
ko him then

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Raptor22
and you would consider a dude who only speaks in rhymes and jingles sane and mentally sound?

Actually, you are kind of correct. Etrigan has been shown to be mentally insane at times. This is because he has a human soul inside and is torn between Good AND Evil.

KingD19
Yeah, the Penance Stare probably wouldn't work because Jason Blood doesn't feel bad for those he's killed, since he did it in the name of the King, and was fighting a war. And Etrigan's a loopy demon who feels no remorse for anything he does.

And how is GR gonna ko him? If anything, Etrigan ko's, kills, bfr's gr.

thanos-prime
Yeah, the Penance Stare probably wouldn't work because Jason Blood doesn't feel bad for those he's killed, since he did it in the name of the King, and was fighting a war. And Etrigan's a loopy demon who feels no remorse for anything he does.

And how is GR gonna ko him? If anything, Etrigan ko's, kills, bfr's gr. it doesn't matter if they don't feel remorse if they cause great pain it works on them prove otherwise if you can
and he would ko him with the stare since he can't kill him

KingD19
Does the Penance Stare work on demons?

thanos-prime
Does the Penance Stare work on demons? yeah i think

KingD19
Well it might just do some damage. But GR is vulnerable to magic, which Etrigan has plenty of, and it's some pretty powerful juju he be tossin out.

thanos-prime
and if this is blaze he could turn into zarathos

KingD19
Which would make it a more even fight.

thanos-prime
Which would make it a more even fight. no it would make it a horrible fight where etrigan gets merked

Prep-Man
it doesn't matter if they don't feel remorse if they cause great pain it works on them prove otherwise if you can
and he would ko him with the stare since he can't kill him

i remember an old Demon comic where Etrigan gets powered by pain. He lives off of it. So i don't think it'll work.

MrMind
Etrigan is physically on par with beings like Lobo. He can take everything the Rider can dish out for quite some time.

On the other hand, Ghost Rider has been shown to be completely vulnerable to hellfire (it's one of only two things that seems to cause lasting damage to him). Etrigan breathes hellfire.

It's like putting a vampire up against a guy who breathes crosses and poops garlic. Of course Etrigan wins.

Mindset
Doesn't GR breathe hellfire too?

Kazenji
Which Rider are we using?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.