who is the best lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

gobstakid777
JOHN STEWART
VS
HAL JORDAN
the battle takes place in space
who takes all
who is the best lantern

Galan007
hal DESTROYS him.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Galan007
hal DESTROYS him.

cosigned

Konton
Hal.

galactusischere
HJ

Kris Blaze

Digi
By feats, this is between Hal and Kyle, and possibly Alan. John has no business in the discussion, despite some good showings.

Kris, watch the language.

Kris Blaze
The language? nigga is hardly racist and it wasn't even me saying it no expression

Am I banned for posting Preacher and Nighthawk comics as well?

CortSether
none. They're all boring!

Digi
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
The language? nigga is hardly racist and it wasn't even me saying it no expression

Am I banned for posting Preacher and Nighthawk comics as well?

Context. In a comic is one thing, so long as it's prefaced with the proper warning. Unsolicited internet pics without preface or warning, is entirely another.

Knowsbleed33
Hal easily.

Alan Scott is my fav. though.

chomperx9
kyle is my fav but hal takes out john stewart

Spire
Hal.

Slaanesh
Hal..

The Nuul
Originally posted by Galan007
hal DESTROYS him.

gobstakid777
If I were to add Kyle into this battle,how would things go from there

jrodslam
In a one vs one battle, Hal doesnt "destroy" any of the top 5. He may beat them, but he works very hard for it.

Yes, he is the best Lantern.

-Pr-
Hal would beat any of the top lanterns one on one, imo. not always easily, but he still does it.

occultdestroyer
John Stewart? erm

hmm
I just thought of something...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by -Pr-
Hal would beat any of the top lanterns one on one, imo. not always easily, but he still does it.

New sig.

-Pr-
New sig.

indeedly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What's with all these Hal stomps John statements?

I thought that a battle between these two would be a battle of wills and so on? Clearly John doesn't have near as many feats as Hal, but from what he has shown, he should be able to hold his own.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
What's with all these Hal stomps John statements?

I thought that a battle between these two would be a battle of wills and so on? Clearly John doesn't have near as many feats as Hal, but from what he has shown, he should be able to hold his own.

he would hold his own, no doubt, but hal should get the majority based on feats, yes?

Rage.Of.Olympus
he would hold his own, no doubt, but hal should get the majority based on feats, yes?

Yea, Hal Jordan does have the most feats easily, but Hal has been portrayed the most as well.

I think John can stalemate him to an extent and I can see Hal Jordan winning the slim majority. 6-7/10.

I don't however thinks he stomps, or destroys any of the pro Green Lanterns like Kyle, Sinestro, Kilowog, Gardner etc.

-Pr-
Yea, Hal Jordan does have the most feats easily, but Hal has been portrayed the most as well.

I think John can stalemate him to an extent and I can see Hal Jordan winning the slim majority. 6-7/10.

I don't however thinks he stomps, or destroys any of the pro Green Lanterns like Kyle, Sinestro, Kilowog, Gardner etc.

i'd give hal a solid 7 over john or guy. against wog or kyle, it comes down to 6.

against sinestro? could go either way, imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Meh, against Guy or John I'd give him 6 out of 10, or a 7 at the best. I think they can match him in will power. It's that they're showings cannot compare to his. Too many for Hal.

Kilowog, with his combined physical prowess, and Green Lantern Ring, would do quite well. Maybe a stalemate? If Hal plays it smart, and Kilowog, just resorts to brute force (Which he doesn't usually.), I'd give it to Hal, with 6 out of 10.

I'd say Kyle takes the win over him.

Agreed. Sinestro could go either way.

-Pr-
Meh, against Guy or John I'd give him 6 out of 10, or a 7 at the best. I think they can match him in will power. It's that they're showings cannot compare to his. Too many for Hal.

Kilowog, with his combined physical prowess, and Green Lantern Ring, would do quite well. Maybe a stalemate? If Hal plays it smart, and Kilowog, just resorts to brute force (Which he doesn't usually.), I'd give it to Hal, with 6 out of 10.

I'd say Kyle takes the win over him.

Agreed. Sinestro could go either way.

i disagree on the matching willpower thing, but that's just me. for me, hal's always been top dog when it comes to pure, flat out willpower.

wog could stalemate hal, but they did fight before (albeit unfairly), and hal took him down. i can see him doing it again. as far as the physical part goes, hal held his own not so long ago (which is just odd, tbh).

you think kyle is > hal? cos of his creativity?

Rage.Of.Olympus
i disagree on the matching willpower thing, but that's just me. for me, hal's always been top dog when it comes to pure, flat out willpower.

wog could stalemate hal, but they did fight before (albeit unfairly), and hal took him down. i can see him doing it again. as far as the physical part goes, hal held his own not so long ago (which is just odd, tbh).

you think kyle is > hal? cos of his creativity?

I always some them as being able to match him, to at least an extent.

Yea that was. I recall Kilowog stalemating Superman.

His creativity does factor in. I haven't seen Kyle apply it as he use to, in a while. The latest one moment I can think off is when he fought Kryb. That's the Kyle I remember.

-Pr-
I always some them as being able to match him, to at least an extent.

Yea that was. I recall Kilowog stalemating Superman.

His creativity does factor in. I haven't seen Kyle apply it as he use to, in a while. The latest one moment I can think off is when he fought Kryb. That's the Kyle I remember.

to an extent, sure, but i just see hal as having reserves the others don't.

wog had the ring, though, or am i thinking of a different instance?

so you think his creativity + willpower is enough to overcome hal?

Rage.Of.Olympus
to an extent, sure, but i just see hal as having reserves the others don't.

wog had the ring, though, or am i thinking of a different instance?

so you think his creativity + willpower is enough to overcome hal?

If you think so. Didn't John also overload the ring's capabilities with his willpower? Apparently he reached the limits of a Green Lantern Ring or something along those lines. Doesn't get more willful than that in the Green Lantern Corps.

Maybe. I even remember him hurting/affecting Superman with a blow.

Yes. I also believe he has the greatest feats Post-Crisis. Like I said, here, the number of showings, shouldn't be taken the be all, end all, but I give Hal the win, over the other two because of his superior showings in part. Only fair I take it into account with Kyle.

-Pr-
If you think so. Didn't John also overload the ring's capabilities with his willpower? Apparently he reached the limits of a Green Lantern Ring or something along those lines. Doesn't get more willful than that in the Green Lantern Corps.

Maybe. I even remember him hurting/affecting Superman with a blow.

Yes. I also believe he has the greatest feats Post-Crisis. Like I said, here, the number of showings, shouldn't be taken the be all, end all, but I give Hal the win, over the other two because of his superior showings in part. Only fair I take it into account with Kyle.

true, though i don't think that necessarily makes him = hal.

mmm that was the superman batman issue where wog attacked clark, right?

ah. fair enough, i guess. question, though. kyle v sinestro. who would you go for?

xJLxKing
Sinestro>Kyle
Hal>John

Though, none of these victories will be easy. After GL 45, Sinestro is definitely stronger then usual

Rage.Of.Olympus
true, though i don't think that necessarily makes him = hal.

mmm that was the superman batman issue where wog attacked clark, right?

ah. fair enough, i guess. question, though. kyle v sinestro. who would you go for?

Well, at the very least, it should make him close enough that people claiming he gets stomped or destroyed as if he is an entire level below Hal baseless. I mean, this is a fight between two characters wielding a Green Lantern Ring and John will power reached the limits and overloaded a Green Lantern Ring. Can you get any higher than that?

I believe so.

Hmm, who would win between the two? Have their ever meet in a one on one fight? Just checking as I don't believe they have.

Honestly, Kyle's creativity, makes him, one of the most dangerous of the lanterns. I'd say he has more of a chance beating Sinestro, than almost anyone. I can see an argument for him beating him being made. Personally, if I had to choose, based on all of his feats? He definitely could.

-Pr-
Well, at the very least, it should make him close enough that people claiming he gets stomped or destroyed as if he is an entire level below Hal baseless. I mean, this is a fight between two characters wielding a Green Lantern Ring and John will power reached the limits and overloaded a Green Lantern Ring. Can you get any higher than that?

I believe so.

Hmm, who would win between the two? Have their ever meet in a one on one fight? Just checking as I don't believe they have.

Honestly, Kyle's creativity, makes him, one of the most dangerous of the lanterns. I'd say he has more of a chance beating Sinestro, than almost anyone. I can see an argument for him beating him being made. Personally, if I had to choose, based on all of his feats? He definitely could.

yes. it's called being Hal Jordan. stick out tongue

Kal Vs Wog one on one? I'd go with Kal.

i definitely don't agree. for me Hal and Sinestro will always be ever so slightly above Kyle. While Hal, for instance, lacks the imagination Kyle does, his constructs are simple and practical. that is just as dangerous as kyle's creativity (unless we're talking stuff like creating kryptonite and the like).

though i'd still say hal's willpower > kyle's

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes. it's called being Hal Jordan. stick out tongue

Kal Vs Wog one on one? I'd go with Kal.

i definitely don't agree. for me Hal and Sinestro will always be ever so slightly above Kyle. While Hal, for instance, lacks the imagination Kyle does, his constructs are simple and practical. that is just as dangerous as kyle's creativity (unless we're talking stuff like creating kryptonite and the like).

though i'd still say hal's willpower > kyle's

Fanboy. uhuh

Still, how can a Green Lantern get any higher than overloading a Green Lantern ring with your will power?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_johnsolarsystem.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_johnsolarsystem1.jpg

Yea, I give it to Superman too.

I disagree. I believe Kyle is above with the right motivation can beat them. It's not as if he lacks the feats to back the claim. His creativity is more dangerous in my opinion. The most dangerous, out of the Earth Green Lanterns in my opinion.

-Pr-
Fanboy. uhuh

Still, how can a Green Lantern get any higher than overloading a Green Lantern ring with your will power?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_johnsolarsystem.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Green%20Lantern/th_johnsolarsystem1.jpg

Yea, I give it to Superman too.

I disagree. I believe Kyle is above with the right motivation can beat them. It's not as if he lacks the feats to back the claim. His creativity is more dangerous in my opinion. The most dangerous, out of the Earth Green Lanterns in my opinion.

john went down against parallax. hal didn't. that to me is one of the prime examples of why hal is a cut above.

in terms of creativity? sure. i just don't think that's enough to get him the win, tbh...

Kris Blaze
i'd give hal a solid 7 over john or guy. against wog or kyle, it comes down to 6.

against sinestro? could go either way, imo.

Guy would destroy Hal.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Fun%20shit/1251575877268.jpg

starlock
Hal wins over John

Kyle is the best

occultdestroyer
Alan Scott is the best GL

xJLxKing
No, but close.

Blanket
Guy would destroy Hal.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GreenLantern25-33-1.jpg

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Blanket
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/GL/GreenLantern25-33-1.jpg

You mean right after Hal had gone down and retreated to his happy place?

Blanket
You mean right after Hal had gone down and retreated to his happy place? Hal was an old man then, and still took everything Guy could give out.

And then he flattened him.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Blanket
Hal was an old man then, and still took everything Guy could give out.

And then he flattened him.

Try sitting down in the corner and crying for 15 minutes in a boxing match, and see who wins.

Allankles
Neither Hal or John are the best.

Blanket
Try sitting down in the corner and crying for 15 minutes in a boxing match, and see who wins. This was not a boxing match.

Guy = flattened

Philosophía
Originally posted by Allankles
Neither Hal or John are the best. It's obviously Kilowog.

occultdestroyer
Without CIS/PIS and bloodlusted, probably Mogo

-Pr-
Guy would destroy Hal.

in your (and probably his) dreams.

Rage.Of.Olympus
john went down against parallax. hal didn't. that to me is one of the prime examples of why hal is a cut above.

in terms of creativity? sure. i just don't think that's enough to get him the win, tbh...

Which instance are you referring to?

His creativity, along with his showings being the best in my opinion warrant him the win. Feel free to disagree. I personally view the four as:

Kyle > Hal >/= John = Guy

Kris Blaze
in your (and probably his) dreams.

What do you mean Paul?

Did not guy use a single yellow ring with ease, and even take it to Parallax? Did not Hal begin to cry and sweat as he tried to do SOMETHING with 10 rings, and fail miserably?

Mindset

Kyle > Hal >/= John = Guy thumb up

PRAYERRUN
Hal. nuff said.

-Pr-
Which instance are you referring to?

His creativity, along with his showings being the best in my opinion warrant him the win. Feel free to disagree. I personally view the four as:

rebirth.

hal = john? ewwww.

mine: Hal >= Kyle, Wog > John, Guy

What do you mean Paul?

Did not guy use a single yellow ring with ease, and even take it to Parallax? Did not Hal begin to cry and sweat as he tried to do SOMETHING with 10 rings, and fail miserably?

that would be a fair point if they were both yellow lanterns. but they aren't. stick out tongue

jrodslam
Hal > Guy = Kyle > John > Wog.

Rage.Of.Olympus
rebirth.

hal = john? ewwww.

mine: Hal >= Kyle, Wog > John, Guy

Scans? I can't check.

I noticed how you only complained about John. So a black man can't equal a white man? uhuh

Fanboy.

Kris Blaze
that would be a fair point if they were both yellow lanterns. but they aren't. stick out tongue

I was mainly backing up my picture.

Alas, Guy doesn't have the feats to say that he would BEAT Hal, yet. But he does have enough feats to back up being more awesome.

jrodslam
Each of the main Lanterns bring something to the table that are a bit better than the others. Overall, Hal is the best. Others may be stronger, faster, more creative, etc, but he has a bit of everything and thats what makes him the best.

Only 2 Lanterns ive ever seen control rings without wearing them, just by sheer willpower.

Mindset
Kyle is the best, anyone not a retard can see that.

Allankles

xJLxKing
Hal>Alan>Kyle>John>Guy

-Pr-
Scans? I can't check.

I noticed how you only complained about John. So a black man can't equal a white man? uhuh

Fanboy.

don't have em handy. you know the part where parallax lashes out, and everyone but hal goes down?

laughing out loud i honestly didn't notice you held guy in such esteem too.

says the kyle lover.

going by feats i'd actually give it to hal, based on the actual combat feats rather than the rest. hal has beaten/matched some of dc's best, imo.

I was mainly backing up my picture.

Alas, Guy doesn't have the feats to say that he would BEAT Hal, yet. But he does have enough feats to back up being more awesome.

laughing out loud that's probably true. he is cooler.

manx422
hal

Philosophía
going by feats i'd actually give it to hal, based on the actual combat feats rather than the rest. hal has beaten/matched some of dc's best, imo.

Exactly.

It's one of the problems I frequently see here, people would rather use space feats (here Gladiator destroys a no-name desolate planet in a few punches! here Kyle repairs the Heaven's Ladder!) instead of direct combat showings/performance/record which should especially in this kind of situations come first, imo.

Like I said in another thread, Hal didn't get to be a GL in the 2000' period when the highest feats were performed, and the fact that he has been written mostly by Geoff Johns since his return doesn't exactly make it fair to go all "Has Hal closed a blackhole ?!".

Kris Blaze
Just measure Hal's performance against Sinestro, up against Kyle's performance against him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
don't have em handy. you know the part where parallax lashes out, and everyone but hal goes down?

laughing out loud i honestly didn't notice you held guy in such esteem too.

says the kyle lover.

I can't check. Don't have my computer back till next week. Find scans god damnit.

Lol. Uhuh, didn't notice. No problem with a white man being equal to a white man, so obviously it wouldn't stand out to you as a black man being equal to a white man would.

What's with you and man love?

Post Crisis? Kyle has the best Green Lantern feats.

-Pr-
I can't check. Don't have my computer back till next week. Find scans god damnit.

Lol. Uhuh, didn't notice. No problem with a white man being equal to a white man, so obviously it wouldn't stand out to you as a black man being equal to a white man would.

don't say please or anything. stick out tongue

hey, if john was white, he still wouldn't be able to beat hal, so skin colour is irrelevant.

hey, you said the F word first...

best combat feats? cos i'd disagree with you there, hence what i said.

Rage.Of.Olympus
don't say please or anything. stick out tongue

hey, if john was white, he still wouldn't be able to beat hal, so skin colour is irrelevant.

hey, you said the F word first...

best combat feats? cos i'd disagree with you there, hence what i said.

I'm a man. I don't ask for things. I demand them. Now get me those damn scans, or I'll start using the pimp hand. Please.

It's the black guy who stood out. So point for me. 1 - 0

Your the one who brought up the homosexual aspect not me. So point for me. 2 - 0

I'd agree that Hal has fought a larger variety of people. Best overall combat feats and so on? I don't agree.

Kris Blaze

Take it easy there Malcolm X.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

I'm only joking.

Kris Blaze
Lol.

I'm only joking.

No you're not, you're aching to bust some cracka's skull.

Frigging Nighthawk! cool

-Pr-
I'm a man. I don't ask for things. I demand them. Now get me those damn scans, or I'll start using the pimp hand. Please.

It's the black guy who stood out. So point for me. 1 - 0

Your the one who brought up the homosexual aspect not me. So point for me. 2 - 0

I'd agree that Hal has fought a larger variety of people. Best overall combat feats and so on? I don't agree.

you assume that he stood out because of his skin colour, when it was the sillyness of your claim. -1 for looking for racism where it doesn't exist. what are you going to do next, complain about how sexist i am because there are no women on my list of top lanterns?

haw-som

i didn't realise we were keeping score. huh

here's those scans you so graciously asked for:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scansnstuff/th_glr_06_13.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scansnstuff/th_glr_06_14.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scansnstuff/th_glr_06_15.jpg

gobstakid777
jump

Rage.Of.Olympus
you assume that he stood out because of his skin colour, when it was the sillyness of your claim. -1 for looking for racism where it doesn't exist. what are you going to do next, complain about how sexist i am because there are no women on my list of top lanterns?

haw-som

Damn straight. Not only are you racist but sexist too. Thanks for pointing that out. Now we all agree that women can never be equal to men in anyway awesome.......but at the very least you could have included a women on your list out of pity. Now I know there wasn't a woman on my list, but I admit I'm sexist.

i didn't realise we were keeping score. huh

I'm always a step ahead of you. You should be used to it by now.

here's those scans you so graciously asked for:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scansnstuff/th_glr_06_13.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scansnstuff/th_glr_06_14.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/scansnstuff/th_glr_06_15.jpg

I remember this.

So basically what happens here?

For some reason the other Green Lantern's don't defend themselves against Parallax (Energy Shields, blasting his tentacles, Body Shields etc.) and he gets to them and incapacitates them (Maybe they were got unaware.). On the other hand, when it comes to Hal we see what happens. For some reason it just stands there letting him blast him, and pushes one tentacle directly at him, through his ring energy blast (When it even has him surrounded and got have probably stabbed him in the back.). Please don't tell me this is not your basis as to why Hal Jordan is superior to John.

Just so you know I'm just yanking your balls and I ain't serious about the other crap.

gobstakid777
bump

gobstakid777
bump

gobstakid777
bump

thanos-prime
Alan

gobstakid777
bump

gobstakid777
bump

gobstakid777
John gets 3 seconds to dominate then Hal finishes the last 2 second

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.