Old Clone Wars vs. New Clone Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anakin4Ever
Which series do you like better. I go for the old one.

Ordo
Since only one is completed, I'm witholding judgement.

Ms.Marvel
imo at this point it doesnt matter what the new series shows. its already cemented itself as a second rate starwars cartoon in comparison to the old one.

speaking of which i watched an episode of samurai jack the other day. thats another reason why the old CW cartoon is uber.

Ordo
I think the new series, if not for the timespan alone, undowubtedly more potential than the Gendy Series, which is almost comically as flat as its animation.

queeq
WHat a strange thread...

Hybris
Ordo has a good point there (once again... stick out tongue ). You can't compare a finished cartoon to one who is still running and being made as we speak.

Nevertheless there are some things that caught my attention:

I think TCW (especially the movie) has more eyecandy to it than the Gennedy series. But it's a different style of animation.
It would also seem to me that GL has had a bigger part in writing the old series' story, because it was the crossing between AOTC & ROTS. GL had to explain certain things: the capture of the chancellor, the rise of grievous, ...

I love both the series (It's SW, how could I not?!), but they're way too different to say that one of them is better than the other in my opinion.

PS: Samurai Jack pwns

Ordo
I think my dazed spelling of "undowbtedly" invalidates any of my good arguments lol.

queeq
Agreed. wink

~JP~
Neither, they both suck I think. Give me a movie anyday.

queeq
Anytime time, babe.

Ordo
*Hands JP The Clone Wars movie*

~JP~
Originally posted by queeq
Anytime time, babe.

Well get to it! smile

queeq
Happy Dance

Stargeek27
I think they are both great but I really enjoy the new clone wars so far. They are saying season two is going to be more darker and violent and we actually get to see boba fett again.

Ordo
*facepalm*

Jaeh.is.Awesome
can't really say. I haven't watched the first CW. the second one is interesting and pretty cool (IMHO and all) but it's not really that good, IMHO. If it was, I would be all over it like I am over the other tv shows that I dutifully watch.... never mind that it's Star Wars. *shrug*

queeq
Originally posted by Ordo
*facepalm*

Amen

Council#13
Are we referring to the CN Clone Wars?

queeq
All of them I think.

the.kenzo
Both have their good points and both have their craptastic parts, but I'll have to go with the newer Clone Wars cartoon. It's fleshed out stories, not 4 minute action scenes.

queeq
There weren't that fleshed out, if you ask me.

the.kenzo
Compared to the "Samurai Jedi" version, they were.

queeq
hehehe... okay, I dig that.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.