Classic Thor (w/ Warrior Madness + Belt of Strength) vs H/P Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No BFR. KO counts as a win.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33806/921380-112_thor_604_super.jpg http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/15297/610353-doomsday_super.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
So 10 times stronger, then he has that strength doubled? About 20 times stronger? Hmmm.....

Does Thor have Mjolnir?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Does Thor have Mjolnir? Look at the pic (answer: yes he does have Mjolnir)

Why wouldn't he?

Survivor19
Judging from picture, he does.
I say, with stipulations given, Thor easily.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Starscream M
Look at the pic (answer: yes he does have Mjolnir)

Why wouldn't he?

Just trying to make sure.

Thor wins.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Survivor19

I say, with stipulations given, Thor easily. You greatly underestimate H/P Doomsday

Starscream M

Thor wins. Are you familiar with just how powerful H/P DD is? confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
Are you familiar with just how powerful H/P DD is? confused

Yes.

A going all out Thor, at least twenty times stronger could win the majority.

Still, if he is in the Warrior Madness, mentality, he could, probably would engange hand to hand, which wouldn't be smart, really. He'd probably use raw power and strength. I'm wondering if he'd use something like the God Blast, here.

Blanket
Are you familiar with just how powerful H/P DD is? confused Seems odd you would ask that question unless the fight was made to be greatly in DD's favor...

Starscream M

Still, if he is in the Warrior Madness, mentality, he could, probably would engange hand to hand, which wouldn't be smart, really. well, if he engages in hand to hand, then he def loses...10/10

Blanket
well, if he engages in hand to hand, then he def loses...10/10 Because he managed to throw around early 90's weaker Superman (although with armor/weapons)?

Or because he managed to cheapshot the hell out of Darkseid?

leonidas
i'm thinking that the belt wouldn't do much in this case. i'm pretty sure it simply doubles his base strength. in WM mode, it'd likely be redundant. still, in WM, i don't think thor feels pain, and he doesn't have any fear. i'm still not sure he could actually ko dd, though. pure strength wouldn't cut it. it's a question for me how effective the GB would be against this version of dd. i'd still say dd wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
well, if he engages in hand to hand, then he def loses...10/10

Because clearly what he did in that arc, is so beyond this Thor right?

Naija boy
Thor wins

Starscream M
Because clearly what he did in that arc, is so beyond this Thor right? yes

Starscream M
Originally posted by leonidas
i'm thinking that the belt wouldn't do much in this case. i'm pretty sure it simply doubles his base strength. in WM mode, it'd likely be redundant. still, in WM, i don't think thor feels pain, and he doesn't have any fear. i'm still not sure he could actually ko dd, though. pure strength wouldn't cut it. it's a question for me how effective the GB would be against this version of dd. i'd still say dd wins. I think godblast would KO HP DD, I just don't think Thor can hit DD with it, since the godblast seems to have some charge up time and DD is fast as hell

Starscream M
Originally posted by Blanket
Because he managed to throw around early 90's weaker Superman (although with armor/weapons)?

Or because he managed to cheapshot the hell out of Darkseid? because DD didn't just beat superman, he treated the 'weaker' superman with motherbox was like a little 4 yr old kid

Harbinger
Doomsday.

Rage.Of.Olympus
yes

Care to make a list of what he did that is so beyond Thor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think godblast would KO HP DD, I just don't think Thor can hit DD with it, since the godblast seems to have some charge up time and DD is fast as hell

I could think of how he would hit him. The problem is, that I don't think Thor with his Warrior Madness he would employ the methods.

Starscream M
I could think of how he would hit him. The problem is, that I don't think Thor with his Warrior Madness he would employ the methods. ok, for this scenario, Thor is level-headed...he simply gains the physical benefits of warrior madness without suffering any of the psychological side effects

Rage.Of.Olympus
ok, for this scenario, Thor is level-headed...he simply gains the physical benefits of warrior madness without suffering any of the psychological side effects

Really?

Then, the ability to become, intangible/invisible, the ability to encompass Doomsday in a vortex trapping him etc. would make the God Blast, hitting him not out of question at all.

Mindship
Isn't H/P DD the one that adapts on the fly?

WM Thor is not clear headed. He won't think to use fancier, exotic powers and will likely go h2h.

DD ftw.

Starscream M
Really?

Then, the ability to become, intangible/invisible, the ability to encompass Doomsday in a vortex trapping him etc. would make the God Blast, hitting him not out of question at all. DD seemed to be able to phase through energy...ie when he killed a being of pure energy

so I'm not sure he could be trapped...but it might work.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Mindship
Isn't H/P DD the one that adapts on the fly?

WM Thor is not clear headed. He won't think to use fancier, exotic powers and will likely go h2h.

DD ftw. Assume Thor is clear headed for this fight. Also, DD cannot resurrect for this fight, if he gets killed even once, Thor wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
DD seemed to be able to phase through energy...ie when he killed a being of pure energy

so I'm not sure he could be trapped...but it might work.

Thor's powers have countered phasing etc. even if Doomsday can phase which I don't remember him doing.

Mindship
Assume Thor is clear headed for this fight. Also, DD cannot resurrect for this fight, if he gets killed even once, Thor wins.

Then Thor better fight smart. IMO, he definitely can win. "Adapting on the fly" though means for Thor he better be creative and tactical. Otherwise, DD will catch him and end it, sooner or later.

xJLxKing
Thor should win if he plays it smart. Though, in WM, I don't see him doing that.

Kris Blaze
Thor can knock him out.

Kill? Don't think so.

~The Wickerman~
Thor's powers have countered phasing etc. even if Doomsday can phase which I don't remember him doing.

Go read the DD respect thread. DD was adapting on the fly, adapting almost instantly to any new threat, including "cancelling out energy".

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Go read the DD respect thread. DD was adapting on the fly, adapting almost instantly to any new threat, including "cancelling out energy".

Funny thing is, Doomsday was killed by that once before. Which was sort of his selling point. Not that he becomes immune on the fly, but that he evolves after dying.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Funny thing is, Doomsday was killed by that once before. Which was sort of his selling point. Not that he becomes immune on the fly, but that he evolves after dying. I don't think he was becoming immune on the fly...rather he was able to evolve some capabilities on the fly (ie, bone spurs over his ears, being able to shoot out his bone spurs)

I think 'if' Thor can manage to hit him with the godblast and put all his energy into it, he can KO H/P DD and get a win

I just have a hard time seeing how he can land the godblast though given it seems like a relatively slow attack and DD is extremely fast

shokosugi
HP DD wins no question

Priest
Thor can knock him out.

Kill? Don't think so.

Knowsbleed33
This same Thor (sans WM) was able to cause significant damage to a Celestial.

Thor wins.

SoulDevourer
can DD adapt to magic? (eg godblast)

lawest9
Because he managed to throw around early 90's weaker Superman (although with armor/weapons)?

Or because he managed to cheapshot the hell out of Darkseid? When supes was fighting the HP version of doomsday, supes was experiencing a massive power surge at the time, and DD STILL broke supes arm in that battle!

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
can DD adapt to magic? (eg godblast)

It's never been shown that he can.

King Kandy
If Superman and Waverider can give Doomsday trouble thor should be able to do it at this stage.

shokosugi
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
This same Thor (sans WM) was able to cause significant damage to a Celestial.

Thor wins.

it's going to take more than that to defeat HP DD.

Thor dies.

Knowsbleed33
No it's not. It took DD thousands of years to adapt to Radiant.

1 GF and DD is dead.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by shokosugi
it's going to take more than that to defeat HP DD.

Thor dies.

no, being killed by dd is superman's job

thor wins 100000000000000000000000/10

laughing

psycho gundam
i think thor would have a far better shot at winning without warrior madness.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i think thor would have a far better shot at winning without warrior madness.

OP changed it a little on page 2 he gets all the benefits from WM but is level headed

D_Dude1210
Belt of Strength drains the wearer of his stamina. You think he can take down HP DD if his stamina is diminished?

psycho gundam
^ exactly, he's better off without it.

thor doesn't have that "hulk vs thor insta-slugfest" relationship with doomsday, he'd be better off using his plethora of attacks from mjolnir. if he treats doomsday like he does a fight with thanos or the dread destroyer, he might damage doomsday greatly before he can adapt.

one thing i noticed is thor's pride and mindset are probably his only real weakness in combat. it limits his quantity of tactics available to him since he becomes adamant on limiting himself due to pride.

Rage.Of.Olympus
No, not really.

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Belt of Strength drains the wearer of his stamina. You think he can take down HP DD if his stamina is diminished?

They drain him to an extent after use. Hell, someone weaker than Thor wears it constantly and he doesn't get drained at all. It's side effects apply after you take it off if they still exist as I recall.

DarkOdin
No, not really.

They drain him to an extent after use. Hell, someone weaker than Thor wears it constantly and he doesn't get drained at all. It's side effects apply after you take it off if they still exist as I recall.

right on, who has it own know last time i rember seeing the hting it was red norvell i think but i could be wroung.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Last time I saw it, was when he fought and beat the amped Thanos in the middle of Volume 2. Hasn't been seen since then as far as I recall.

h1a8

Or because he managed to cheapshot the hell out of Darkseid?

Of comic canon (the story) Superman's average strength never did increase. Today Superman has greater feats of strength but that doesn't mean he received an upgrade. Remember there was never any weight that Superman couldn't lift and thus he always had no known strength limit.

Doomsday > Superman in strength by default. This means whether Superman can lift 100 tons or 1trillion tons, DD is stronger.

But all of that is moot since DD wins this by pouncing on Thor before he could react or simply shooting a claw out his fist through Thor's brain.

The Pict
DD wins. Especially without Bfr.

Funny thing is, Doomsday was killed by that once before. Which was sort of his selling point. Not that he becomes immune on the fly, but that he evolves after dying.

Not always, he's adapted mid-fight before.

Galan007
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
No it's not. It took DD thousands of years to adapt to Radiant. you ever think that maybe it took thousands of years for DD to defeat/kill radiant, because there were thousands of years in between their different battles?

i mean, how can you logically claim that DD did not evolve immediately after his initial defeat, and subsequent resurrection, at the hands of radiant, when the HUGE majority of his showings say otherwise?

batdude123
Originally posted by Galan007
you ever think that maybe it took thousands of years for DD to defeat/kill radiant, because there were thousands of years in between their different battles?

i mean, how can you logically claim that DD did not evolve immediately after his initial defeat, and subsequent resurrection, at the hands of radiant, when the HUGE majority of his showings say otherwise?

Because it's convenient for his argument.

Duh.

zeel
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
no, being killed by dd is superman's job

thor wins 100000000000000000000000/10

laughing

and this version of thor is MANY times greater then the supes that battled Doomsday.

thor wins. under theses stipulations.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
Of comic canon (the story) Superman's average strength never did increase. Today Superman has greater feats of strength but that doesn't mean he received an upgrade. Remember there was never any weight that Superman couldn't lift and thus he always had no known strength limit.

Doomsday > Superman in strength by default. This means whether Superman can lift 100 tons or 1trillion tons, DD is stronger.

But all of that is moot since DD wins this by pouncing on Thor before he could react or simply shooting a claw out his fist through Thor's brain. H1N1's back.......

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by King Kandy
If Superman and Waverider can give Doomsday trouble thor should be able to do it at this stage.

Give him trouble? They did no such thing. The only "trouble" they gave him was BFR to the end of time.

Originally posted by Galan007
you ever think that maybe it took thousands of years for DD to defeat/kill radiant, because there were thousands of years in between their different battles?

Exactly. Not only did Doomsday manage to grab an entity made out of energy, he evolved into "cancelling energy" with his fists, and then when Waverider tries to attack him, Doomsday turns it into a backlash, using WR's powers against him.

So yeah...DD for the win.

shokosugi
Not even 100 Thor's can defeat HP DD. seriously.

King Kandy
Originally posted by ~The Wickerman~
Give him trouble? They did no such thing. The only "trouble" they gave him was BFR to the end of time.
They gave him plenty of trouble. They used many effective attacks that forced him to continually evolve to keep up with them. I mean they weren't winning but it wasn't like he was having an easy time putting them down.

~The Wickerman~
Originally posted by King Kandy
They gave him plenty of trouble. They used many effective attacks that forced him to continually evolve to keep up with them. I mean they weren't winning but it wasn't like he was having an easy time putting them down.

Superman was hard pressed to keep his distance and use only ranged attacks, and was still getting owned. And this was a Superman enhanced by mother box. Waverider had only one attempt at an attack and DD made it backlash.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by shokosugi
Not even 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
00000000000000000000000 Supermans can defeat HP DD. seriously.

Fixed Happy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.