Nathan Drake, Lara Croft, Snake vs The Flood

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
How long do they last or do the survive at all?

Location New York.

Merc'd
Snake Solos. roll eyes (sarcastic) Especcially because you said snake (naked snake/big boss) who is even more of a beast then solid snake

SpadeKing
entire NY full of it? drake & croft definately falls, dunno how long snake would actually last, the flood are a lot more powerful than shown in the game.

Q'Anilia
Snake only has so much ammo. I don't think he would survive engaging hand-to-hand.

Ms.Marvel
lara probably lasts the longest imo before going down.

Merc'd
im pretty sure big boss could find somewhere to set up some sort of base (on top of a building, in a building, etc etc) and work from there

Ms.Marvel
no. he cant. first off he would never make it that far. second flood can clibm buildings and move quite fast. what is he going to do hop into an elevator? run up a hundred flights of stairs? that would be suicide.

Merc'd
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
no. he cant.

Oh right, i forgot the flood are great at finding people sneaking around roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ms.Marvel
"sneaking around"?

for the love of god are you serious?

Merc'd
sorry i cant put up a good reason, im trying to do something for someone on photoshop =/

Ms.Marvel
im being overly-dramatic for fun. stick out tongue

but seriously you cant "sneak" by a flood because they dont have ears or eyes. they basically see things by "smell", through pheromones and such. so its impossible to sneak past them unless you make yourself completely devoid of smell... which is also impossible.

so yeah. basically they all die. the only reason id say lara would last the longest is because shes the most agile/acrobatic of the three and thus could keep her distance the longest.

Merc'd
im being overly-dramatic for fun. stick out tongue

but seriously you cant "sneak" by a flood because they dont have ears or eyes. they basically see things by "smell", through pheromones and such. so its impossible to sneak past them unless you make yourself completely devoid of smell... which is also impossible.

oh sorry haha ive only played halo 2...

can they sense if say... an area of them got picked off? if not then he good MGL-140 into a crowd, then im pretty sure the three of them could work their way into a building

Q'Anilia
Limited ammo.

Merc'd
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Limited ammo.

ah, i just returned my friends PS3 so i cant check the exact amount but old snake could carry 30 grenades of each type (reg, stun, white phosphurus, and i forget the other one), so if hes full on just MLG-140 ammo he could make it for a while, he could be used for crowd control and the other two could pick off loners, not counting the fact that this is Big boss (who carries the patriot)

(this is assuming big boss has an mlg-140, which wasnt specified.)

Q'Anilia
30x4, 120 grenades. That can take out 480 if well placed. Aren't there thousand upon thousands of Flood?

Merc'd
30x4, 120 grenades. That can take out 480 if well placed. Aren't there thousand upon thousands of Flood?

thats one weapon... he can hold 5 weapons at a time (or 4 i forgot already...)

but lets just say, MGL 140, The Patriot (http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/The_Patriot)(cant give you the exact amount of ammo, in MGS4 it had infinite ammo, and it says it has infinite ammo, but lets just assume those are normal round drums), Rail Gun (i guess, your choice really....) and... m4. that should be enough for JUST snake to take out well over a thousand.

and im pretty sure the other 2 wont be sitting around with 1 clip....they will most likely have alot of ammo (although i havent played tomb raider in a LONG time and havent played uncharted yet.)

Ms.Marvel

billions i believe.

Merc'd
well is there some sort of help coming in ~5 days? Snake is an expert at survival techniques, im pretty sure he could survive for a while if he knew help was coming, he stays calm and has enough ammo to hold out on the top of a building and build a barracade

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Merc'd
Oh right, i forgot the flood are great at finding people sneaking around roll eyes (sarcastic)

the flood can sniff him out facepalm

you think they just happen to conveniently come across people at only the exact locations by luck? you make the grenade launcher sond perfect like they are only gonna come from one side, chief had to use a blast from out of his suit to stop the flood on his first encounter, he barerly even survived. I believe we've seen what happens when bases are set up against the flood, they're ineffective.

ultimately they all fall, especially in NY full of flood, snake will be the last to fall though.

Merc'd
Honestly its not worth debating unless the circumstances were more specific, as of now too much would have to be implied, such as just HOW full NY is, how much ammo, if there is rescue on the way....

Zack Fair
Drake & Snake realize they will die and they convince Lara to have a threesome with them before they die.

SpadeKing
rescue wouldn't help unless they are there within 10 minutes & anyway its just more snacks for the flood haermm

Merc'd
the flood couldnt even get up boxes in halo2 roll eyes (sarcastic)

SpadeKing
lawlz for gameplay, then explain how they climb walls also? and how the combat forms can easily jump over a box through gameplay mechanics anyway.

Ms.Marvel

which is interesting because they can walk on walls in 3. no expression

though you said you didnt play 3 so i guess its cool.

Merc'd
oh ya i havent played halo 2 in like 3 years haha i was just going off memory... i do remember 1 well places shot killed them though...

SpadeKing
a good blast to the face will put them down, a blast to the form on the inside will completely finish it off.

Merc'd
sorry for the dumb questions, but, how exactly do they do damage again? just hitting with their arms? or do they infect or what

SpadeKing
they can wield weapons, they hit damn hard. I can't remember but I think one of them hit chief so hard it sent him flying, he lost his shields, & may have been bleeding.

the little ball infection forms are the only ones that infect, they move pretty fast.

Merc'd
Well I can't post anything long because this is off my iPod, but if snake uses a white phosphorus grende that will kill a whole pack of the tiny ones, and unless the big ones swarm a ton then they won't make it close enough to do any real damage

SpadeKing
not to mention the transforming forms in halo 3 that can take a lot of damage and dish out alot more in small groups, and the flying forms in halo wars.

Nemesis X
which is interesting because they can walk on walls in 3. no expression

It's just like what that Elite said in Halo 3. "Alas brother, the Flood, it has evolved" laughing out loud

Q'Anilia

I jumped my chair when they jumped at me on higher grounds in Halo 2.

Kotor3
Honestly its not worth debating unless the circumstances were more specific, as of now too much would have to be implied, such as just HOW full NY is, how much ammo, if there is rescue on the way....

I did not put a limit on ammo because I didn't want any limitations.

For those who are not familiar with New York. You have cars, trucks, Buses, trains, ships, boats, and helicopters that are available if they can get to them. There are plenty of police stations with weapons and armor that can be used.

Ships, boats, and helicopters can be found at the pier by the Hudson River. Cars, trucks and buses can be found on the street and parking lots. Trains underground, and police stations are everywhere.

They start from the Empire State building. Object is to get out of New York and Survive. They are all together.

Hope that helps.

Merc'd
No doubt in my mind that they can make it to the hudson and get a heli and get out of there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.