Did God make animals wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
i bn thinking if humans were the only ones that steal, cheat, lie and murder b/c they are corrupted by evil then why do many animals exhibit many of the same moral issues?... is it b/c of a lack of soul? that cant be it since we have a soul and still fail in many moral dilemmas.

does God get mad when a pet steals items from its owners or when a dog kills birds or cats out of pleasure rather then necessity?

i had a ferret that would steal jewelery from me even though i taught it, it was wrong to steal and hide them... my ferret simply changed his approach and became sneakier and changed his hiding spot... it was aware when i caught him and it would get sad or pretend it didnt do it...

it knew it was wrong b/c he would hide when i would find out what he had bn up too by simply watching what i had discovered..i had no need to raise my voice in order to illicit a response from it..

overall my question is this if god simply smiles at the animals actions and simply finds it amusing shouldnt he feel the same way when we humans do it too?

also anybody think animals should go to heaven too?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i bn thinking if humans were the only ones that steal, cheat, lie and murder b/c they are corrupted by evil then why do many animals exhibit many of the same moral issues?... is it b/c of a lack of soul? that cant be it since we have a soul and still fail in many moral dilemmas.

does God get mad when a pet steals items from its owners or when a dog kills birds or cats out of pleasure rather then necessity?

i had a ferret that would steal jewelery from me even though i taught it, it was wrong to steal and hide them... my ferret simply changed his approach and became sneakier and changed his hiding spot... it was aware when i caught him and it would get sad or pretend it didnt do it...

it knew it was wrong b/c he would hide when i would find out what he had bn up too by simply watching what i had discovered..i had no need to raise my voice in order to illicit a response from it..

overall my question is this if god simply smiles at the animals actions and simply finds it amusing shouldnt he feel the same way when we humans do it too?

As far as the point you are making, there is no difference between humans and animals.

Wild Shadow
i personally dont think so either.

Ms.Marvel
im pretty sure he ****ed up with the dolphins. a friend of mine showed me a video of a dolphin trying to rape a diver.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
im pretty sure he ****ed up with the dolphins. a friend of mine showed me a video of a dolphin trying to rape a diver.

at least it didnt try to plug his blowhole and drown the swimmer big grin

mindbomb
according to the jewish and christan bible animals dont have the knowleage of good and evil and that means that they dont commit sins they dont need to be saved becouse they never comited original sin and since they dont have intelligeints they cant comit evil they serve god simply by being

Mairuzu
My dog stole my girlfriend

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mairuzu

did he puncture it? sad

Prince Nauj
I really want to know why giraffes dont make any noises? Could it be the way they are? Very weird looking things.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mairuzu

I hate when that happens. laughing

Robtard
Originally posted by Prince Nauj
I really want to know why giraffes dont make any noises? Could it be the way they are? Very weird looking things.

That is a myth, sir.

Though often quite and reserved, a griraffe can belch out a very loud and powerful call, like a combo between the bleating of a calf and a molested gorilla.

Symmetric Chaos
This comes down to how you want to define "wrong", in Abrahamic faiths humans traditionally hold a special place. I believe the idea is that humans are designed to be closer to god than animals.

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by Robtard
That is a myth, sir.

Though often quite and reserved, a griraffe can belch out a very loud and powerful call, like a combo between the bleating of a calf and a molested gorilla.

What the f**k?

WRONG!!!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Prince Nauj

Giraffes make all sorts of noises. Mostly grunting and snorting.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Giraffes make all sorts of noises. Mostly grunting and snorting.

But what kind of nose do they make when they are trying to rape you?

Now that should connect the loose ends of this thread back together. wink

Wild Shadow
if we were all innocent b/c we didnt know any better then it was only natural for us to disobey god and eat the apple... we were just as innocent as the animals.

Nemesis X
I think the Platypus counts as one of God's mistakes. A cross between a duck and a beaver looks weird.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nemesis X
I think the Platypus counts as one of God's mistakes. A cross between a duck and a beaver looks weird.

http://www.cryptomundo.com/wp-content/uploads/evolution-platypus.jpg

WhoopeeDee

Lassie should...(whom am I kidding WTF do these kids know what I'm talking about?)...because she's loyal.

Digi
It's always a little frustrating in this forum. I can't really reply to a lot of threads because I disagree with the premise on such a fundamental level, that I can't answer the question as it is posed. If I don't think any God made animals, then the question itself becomes moot. Insert this conundrum into a lot of similar threads and you see the problem.

So if you see a flaw in the way that the world is made when you try to sync it up with religious doctrine, in any situation, consider that the religious doctrine itself might be the one in error, not the world around us.

As it pertains to your question, it is my opinion that humans and any other animal all conform to the laws of physics, meaning we exist within a deterministic universe and are subject to its laws. In that respect, we are no different from animals. It only appears different because we possess much higher levels of self-awareness and intelligence, and our behavior is harder to predict. While it is speculation to say at what level other animals possess a moral compass, they certainly can exhibit tendencies that approach the moral nuance that we ourselves exhibit. So God didn't make anything "wrong" (nor is there a God to make anything, imo), but behaviors make perfect sense for animals based on their cognative abilities.

Ms.Marvel
Originally posted by Nemesis X

profiled. laughing

Bardock42
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
But what kind of nose do they make when they are trying to rape you?

Now that should connect the loose ends of this thread back together. wink And does a giraffe make a sound even if there is no one there to hear it.

BOOOM!!!

occultdestroyer
Well, in the bible, Jesus took away the sins of "men"
I'm not sure if that includes the male species of other animals.

Wild Shadow
why did god make impure animals? angel

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon

Why believe the bible?

The Dark Cloud
"god" had nothing to do with it. All animals. like humans, are the product of evolution and their behavior is a combination of genetics and adapting to their current environment.

Symmetric Chaos

no expression

Bicnarok

Wild Shadow
god made a list of animals that were suppose to be pure and used for sacrifices as well as a list of animals that were considered impure or unclean..

my question is why did he make such of list if god's creation was perfect to begin with?

fox

Thundar

First we have to define, what an animal is? An animal is something that is not a man(according to the dictionary), but at times they do give us power and do demonstrate feelings. For example I had a dog that I once called a son, but I realized that the dog that I called a son, was actually demonstrated more compassion and had more insight than those who surrounded me. So in summary, before we ask who we think should go heaven, let's first ask ourselves...what is an animal?

Elijah

Blinky
God made animals to be TASTY!

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Thundar
First we have to define, what an animal is? An animal is something that is not a man(according to the dictionary), but at times they do give us power and do demonstrate feelings. For example I had a dog that I once called a son, but I realized that the dog that I called a son, was actually demonstrated more compassion and had more insight than those who surrounded me. So in summary, before we ask who we think should go heaven, let's first ask ourselves...what is an animal?

Elijah

Why is an animal something other then man? If you look at it from a scientific point of view, then man is an animal.

Thundar
Why is an animal something other then man? If you look at it from a scientific point of view, then man is an animal.

Shaky..I do not see man an animal, but I do not see an animal as a man. My point is that many animals have characteristics of men, likewise..many men have characteristics of animals..that doesn't mean that either is more animalistic or more human than the other. Before we ask questions like the poster above, we have to have an appropriate starting point. Let me ask you a question, what do you consider a man to be spiritually?

Shakyamunison
Shaky..I do not see man an animal, but I do not see an animal as a man. My point is that many animals have characteristics of men, likewise..many men have characteristics of animals..that doesn't mean that either is more animalistic or more human than the other. Before we ask questions like the poster above, we have to have an appropriate starting point. Let me ask you a question, what do you consider a man to be spiritually?

Yes, a cat is not a dog, and a man is not a horse, but a cat, dog, horse and man are all animals.

How can you love someone, but say I'm better then you? To me, when Christianity says that man is not an animal, it comes across as arrogance and discriminate. There has been great evil done in the world because they are just animals.

Blinky
...There has been great evil done in the world because they are just animals.

Their own faults -- they shouldn't taste so f*cking good (especially moo-cows).

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Blinky
Their own faults -- they shouldn't taste so f*cking good.

I do appreciate your humor, however, I'm not talking about killing and eating, but about how we treat animals.

Blinky
I do appreciate your humor, however, I'm not talking about killing and eating, but about how we treat animals.

Be more specific.

Shakyamunison
Be more specific.

What do you mean?

Blinky
What do you mean?

Examples of how we "treat" animals -- that has nothing to do with feasting upon them.

Shakyamunison
Examples of how we "treat" animals -- that has nothing to do with feasting upon them.

I am not going to give you something that is commonly known.

The idea that animals are things not related to humans lead us to inhuman farming practices. There is nothing wrong with using animals as food, but many large farms put money about the life of the animal. If our culture saw humans as an animal, then we would try to do better for the lives of the animals that we farm. Now please understand, I'm not one of those nut cases that want to get ride of farms, but I think we can do better.

I object to the underlining idea that humans are not animals. I believe that separation leads to perverse actions and evil on our part.

Blinky
I am not going to give you something that is commonly known.

The idea that animals are things not related to humans lead us to inhuman farming practices. There is nothing wrong with using animals as food, but many large farms put money about the life of the animal. If our culture saw humans as an animal, then we would try to do better for the lives of the animals that we farm. Now please understand, I'm not one of those nut cases that want to get ride of farms, but I think we can do better.

I object to the underlining idea that humans are not animals. I believe that separation leads to perverse actions and evil on our part.

Ummmm I asked for an example NOT related to eating them (you brought up farming).

Shakyamunison
Ummmm I asked for an example NOT related to eating them (you brought up farming).

So, if we are going to eat an animal, then you don't care if that animals suffers for their short life?

Blinky
So, if we are going to eat an animal, then you don't care if that animals suffers for their short life?

Of course I care, but I am also a realist. Man has to rape the earth/animals to survive, and there are WAY too many humans to farm and slaughter in a proper way. Personally -- I think we need serious human population control. A world-wide plague (or two) are animal kinds only hope.

If you really want to help out the animals, you should advocate for the spaying and neutering of humans.

Thundar
Of course I care, but I am also a realist. Man has to rape the earth/animals to survive, and there are WAY too many humans to farm and slaughter in a proper way. Personally -- I think we need serious human population control. A world-wide plague (or two) are animal kinds only hope.

If you really want to help out the animals, you should advocate for the spaying and neutering of humans.

You mean grape right?

Blinky
You mean grape right?

I meant "rape earth/animals" in the hippy way, sick f*ck.

Thundar
I meant "rape earth/animals" in the hippy way, sick f*ck.

Oh my mistake. That's kind of a little bit severe don't you think?

Shakyamunison

I disagree! I think we need to be smarter.

As far as human population; we need to do everything we can to get off this rock.

Mindship
No. Everything's perfect.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mindship
No. Everything's perfect.

Redefining perfect, you are. stick out tongue

Wild Shadow
so have we reached an accord that if their is a heaven our pets and wild animals will be there too?

Shakyamunison
so have we reached an accord that if their is a heaven our pets and wild animals will be there too?

Humans are animals. wink

Symmetric Chaos
Humans are animals. wink

But not wild animals.

Shakyamunison
But not wild animals.

You don't know my relatives. laughing

Wild Shadow
god made a list of animals that were suppose to be pure and used for sacrifices as well as a list of animals that were considered impure or unclean..

my question is why did he make such of list if god's creation was perfect to begin with?

fox

why did god make impure animals? angel

The Nuul
My dog ****s my pussy. Nothing wrong with that.

Wild Shadow
so you r a girl pretending to be a guy?

also very inappropriate

AsbestosFlaygon
A better question would be:

Do animals commit sin?

Shakyamunison
A better question would be:

Do animals commit sin?

No. I think animals are not held responsible for their actions by most religions.

Wild Shadow
why did god even need animal sacrifices for? i mean the animal didnt derserve it and gawd doesnt need it to live or does he?

Adam_PoE

Wild Shadow
psycho hill billy... i love the smell of steak on the grill but i am not going to slaughter animals just for the smell itself

ADarksideJedi
Even through animals don't go to heaven.I think they should but they don't have a soul like we do.So when they did they just die.and I doubt it if God gets mad at them for doing anything wrong.
He does not for us because of our free will.

Wild Shadow
heaven wouldnt be heaven without my babies there since they are a good part of who i am and my "soul" is attached to them as it is to my human family..

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ADarksideJedi
Even through animals don't go to heaven.I think they should but they don't have a soul like we do.So when they did they just die.and I doubt it if God gets mad at them for doing anything wrong.
He does not for us because of our free will.

The soul is only a blief with no proof to back it up. If humans have a soul then other animals would also have a soul because humans are animals. Just look at all of things we have in common with other animals. If an alien race where to come to Earth, I think they would clasify humans in with all other animals on the planet. Just because we are more inteligent does not mean we are not an animal.

ADarksideJedi
Yea if you believe that you were once an animal.Which I do not.Animals have a different kind of soul unlike us.Which means when they die they just die.
When we die our soul and later on our bodys are in hell heaven or inbetween.

Shakyamunison
Yea if you believe that you were once an animal.Which I do not.Animals have a different kind of soul unlike us.Which means when they die they just die.
When we die our soul and later on our bodys are in hell heaven or inbetween.

The idea that we once were animals is incorrect, because we are not something separate from animals. In other words, we are animals. We always have been, and always will be. Whatever soul we have is the soul of an animal, if a soul exists at (I do not believe in a soul). The myth of heaven after you die is just a belief.

ADarksideJedi
The idea that we once were animals is incorrect, because we are not something separate from animals. In other words, we are animals. We always have been, and always will be. Whatever soul we have is the soul of an animal, if a soul exists at (I do not believe in a soul). The myth of heaven after you die is just a belief.

So how do you think that we have animals souls?also what you are saying is a belief and not real inless you have some facts or some good reason why you think that everyone has an animal soul?

Parmaniac
So how do you think that we have animals souls?also what you are saying is a belief and not real inless you have some facts or some good reason why you think that everyone has an animal soul? The theory of evolution brings some pretty good "facts" it might be not foolproof cause of missing links etc. but is far better worked out than any religion.

Sappho
Originally posted by Digi
It's always a little frustrating in this forum. I can't really reply to a lot of threads because I disagree with the premise on such a fundamental level, that I can't answer the question as it is posed. If I don't think any God made animals, then the question itself becomes moot. Insert this conundrum into a lot of similar threads and you see the problem.

So if you see a flaw in the way that the world is made when you try to sync it up with religious doctrine, in any situation, consider that the religious doctrine itself might be the one in error, not the world around us.

As it pertains to your question, it is my opinion that humans and any other animal all conform to the laws of physics, meaning we exist within a deterministic universe and are subject to its laws. In that respect, we are no different from animals. It only appears different because we possess much higher levels of self-awareness and intelligence, and our behavior is harder to predict. While it is speculation to say at what level other animals possess a moral compass, they certainly can exhibit tendencies that approach the moral nuance that we ourselves exhibit. So God didn't make anything "wrong" (nor is there a God to make anything, imo), but behaviors make perfect sense for animals based on their cognative abilities.

no disrespect to anybody, but your right, when something is wrong people have the tendency to question it as if religion and god arent the ones at fault. its very hard to answer these questions sometimes.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Parmaniac
The theory of evolution brings some pretty good "facts" it might be not foolproof cause of missing links etc. but is far better worked out than any religion.

It has way too much holes in it.Religion has less.

Symmetric Chaos
So how do you think that we have animals souls?also what you are saying is a belief and not real inless you have some facts or some good reason why you think that everyone has an animal soul?

How about the fact that we are biologically animals...

ADarksideJedi
and why do yu think that?

Mindship
It has way too much holes in it.Religion has less. The beauty of natural selection/evolution is in its staggering simplicity and common-sensibility (I'm almost tempted to argue that it is so wonderfully beautiful, only God could have created it wink ).

No only does a literal interpretation of Biblical creation have more holes in it than evolution, the holes from religion aren't even empirically testable.

That aside, "God" and evolution are not necessarily mutually exclusive. A little common sense in biblical interpretation can go a long way.

ADarksideJedi
I see what you are saying but what parts of the bible do you think has holes in it when talking about creation?

Symmetric Chaos
and why do yu think that?

Because we're biologically animals. There's absolutely no way around that.

ADarksideJedi
There is alot of way around that it does not make sence for startes.

Symmetric Chaos

Well for starters: do you know the biological definition of an animal?

Wild Shadow
an animal is just a classification for all living earth creatures.. hence we are an animal.. what kind is primate and if you want to further differentiate we are hominid or homo sapian sapian...

your distinction is arbitrary at best you saying we are not is just that you saying it.. but, it doesnt make it so..

you can call a dolphin a fish but that doesnt make him one he is a mammal and if you want to be more accurate it is a cetacean..

Mindship
I see what you are saying but what parts of the bible do you think has holes in it when talking about creation? In a nutshell: a literal interpretation of creation has things popping into existence in final form based on the actions of an entity whose existence is empirically not verified. Evolution at least presents ideas and findings which can be tested.

The Bible is such a richly textured document that can be interpreted on so many levels, why reduce it all to one-dimensional dogma? Why does it have to be God OR evolution?

Sappho
how does it not make sense? huh

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Yes. God forgot to make their brains bigger so we would have hilarious talking dogs for sitcoms.

Mindship
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
Yes. God forgot to make their brains bigger so we would have hilarious talking dogs for sitcoms. http://www.gambalore.com/images/dogs.jpg

Close enough.

Shakyamunison

Animal souls? laughing What I am telling you is that if humans have a soul, then that soul is the soul of an animal, because we humans are animals. You are trying to say that we humans are not animals, and you have no proof. My proof is human DNA. If you look at the human DNA and compare it to other animals you will find that humans share 98% of their DNA with Chimpanzees. If humans were not animals, then we would not an any commonality with other animals.

ADarksideJedi
I see what you are saying but I don't think we are anything like animals.If we were we would be animals.God made us both different in our own way and accoring to the bible husbands was made first before animals even came.

Shakyamunison
I see what you are saying but I don't think we are anything like animals.If we were we would be animals.God made us both different in our own way and accoring to the bible husbands was made first before animals even came.

How are humans different from animals? Please list as many examples as you can.

Parmaniac
It has way too much holes in it.Religion has less. lol?

ADarksideJedi
Well for starters animals have better hearing and seeing then we do.They can fly and climb trees and we don't go around eating other animals inless we are crazy which in my book is different.

Symmetric Chaos
Well for starters animals have better hearing and seeing then we do.They can fly and climb trees and we don't go around eating other animals inless we are crazy which in my book is different.

Some people have better seeing and hearing than me so good vision and hearing can't count. Lots of people climb trees and not all animals can fly. I eat other animals all the time.

Shakyamunison

The idea that we are not animals because our senses are not as sharp is flowed. After all, some animals are blind. Not all animals can fly or climb trees. Also, if you go to the store and buy a stake, you are eating another animal.

Parmaniac
Well for starters animals have better hearing
not all

and seeing then we do. also not all

They can fly and climb trees and again, not all Originally posted by ADarksideJedi and we don't go around eating other animals inless we are crazy which in my book is different. visit a 3rd world country, we don't go around we let others kill the animals and we eat them at McDonalds or somewhere else.

ADarksideJedi
True but we as humans are not eating other humans and we don't also lay eggs or have babies in weeks every summer or spring.While some animals are blind or whatever they mosty die shorty after that.
While if we have a broken leg or whatever it can be fixed, while animals normanly die or put to death if there is anything wrong with them.

Symmetric Chaos
True but we as humans are not eating other humans

Animals rarely eat animals of the same species, exactly the same as humans.

and we don't also lay eggs or have babies in weeks every summer or spring.While some animals are blind or whatever they mosty die shorty after that.

Not all animals lay eggs or have week long pregnancies or are usually blind.

While if we have a broken leg or whatever it can be fixed, while animals normanly die or put to death if there is anything wrong with them.

There's no reason you can't fix an animal's broken leg, we just usually don't.

ADarksideJedi
and yet we do fix humans legs or arms or anything else that is broken.

Parmaniac
True but we as humans are not eating other humans and we don't also lay eggs or have babies in weeks every summer or spring.While some animals are blind or whatever they mosty die shorty after that.
While if we have a broken leg or whatever it can be fixed, while animals normanly die or put to death if there is anything wrong with them. Cannibals?

Elephants are pregnant for a year if I'm not mistaken.

Without medical care lot's of humans would die too cause of stuff that is no big deal anymore nowadays.

Symmetric Chaos
and yet we do fix humans legs or arms or anything else that is broken.

Yes, it's usually not worth the expense to fix the limbs of animals. That's clearly a decision made by humans not god.

ADarksideJedi
Maybe God put that in human's minds.Anyway got to get going.Talk to you tomorrow.

Symmetric Chaos
Maybe God put that in human's minds.Anyway got to get going.Talk to you tomorrow.

No free will then?

Shakyamunison

Cannibalism has been recorded in human history. Therefore, we have eaten each other. See the Donner party. We don't lay eggs because we are mammals, and no mammals lay eggs. Women have a monthly cycle, and not a yearly cycle like some animals. Also, elephants have a much longer gestation they do humans. And the reason some animals are killed if they are hurt is financial. Most household pets have at their disposal surgical procedures that rival those of humans, but it's all a point of how much money you have.

Mindship
While if we have a broken leg or whatever it can be fixed, while animals normanly die or put to death if there is anything wrong with them. I wonder how you'd do on a WAIS Similarities or Matrix Reasoning subtest.

Shakyamunison
I wonder how you'd do on a WAIS Similarities or Matrix Reasoning subtest.

Where in the bible do you find those? confused wink

King Castle
would that be: cat is to lion as ape is to (blank) test?

Bardock42
I wonder how you'd do on a WAIS Similarities or Matrix Reasoning subtest.

You just implied she's stupid, didn't you?

Mindship
Where in the bible do you find those? confused wink Not sure. Could be Midrashic. If not, then eigenstates are involved.

Originally posted by King Castle
would that be: cat is to lion as ape is to (blank) test? The Similarities test, eg, asks how two things are alike, comparing increasing abstract items. Personally, I like the Matrix Reasoning better because it's completely nonverbal.
Originally posted by Bardock42
You just implied she's stupid, didn't you? Actually, I thought she might be quite young. I just find it interesting her basis of comparison between people and animals, and I'm wondering, if anything, how her interpretation of the Bible might influence her answers.

inimalist
Originally posted by Bardock42
You just implied she's stupid, didn't you?

pfft, he's just name dropping wink

Mindship
Originally posted by inimalist
pfft, he's just name dropping wink Eigenstates, dude. Eigenstates.

Shakyamunison
Eigenstates, dude. Eigenstates.

laughing His mind is not in an eigenstate.

Mindship
laughing His mind is not in an eigenstate. One day, I'm gonna really try to understand what that friggin' term means.

inimalist
Eigenstates, dude. Eigenstates.

lol. you got me there

I was talking about the psych tests you brought up. if the pointexder voice translated to the Internet, I would have pointed out that they aren't a test of stupidity...

King Castle
Not sure. Could be Midrashic. If not, then eigenstates are involved.

The Similarities test, eg, asks how two things are alike, comparing increasing abstract items. Personally, I like the Matrix Reasoning better because it's completely nonverbal.
Actually, I thought she might be quite young. I just find it interesting her basis of comparison between people and animals, and I'm wondering, if anything, how her interpretation of the Bible might influence her answers. she is not that young since she told me she is married.

Shakyamunison
One day, I'm gonna really try to understand what that friggin' term means.

We will have to sit down and have a lot of beers, and discuss how the waveform of the sober person changes into an eigenstate of drunkenness. stick out tongue

Mindship
she is not that young since she told me she is married. Her profile has her birth year as 1980.

We will have to sit down and have a lot of beers, and discuss how the waveform of the sober person changes into an eigenstate of drunkenness. stick out tongue thumb up

King Castle
9fAJPQtbhnY&feature=related

Shakyamunison
King Castle, how is that video relevant?

ADarksideJedi
Cannibalism has been recorded in human history. Therefore, we have eaten each other. See the Donner party. We don't lay eggs because we are mammals, and no mammals lay eggs. Women have a monthly cycle, and not a yearly cycle like some animals. Also, elephants have a much longer gestation they do humans. And the reason some animals are killed if they are hurt is financial. Most household pets have at their disposal surgical procedures that rival those of humans, but it's all a point of how much money you have.

Yes but in different countrys as in this one inless the person is nuts no eating other humans is accepted or done.Animals have free will like us but no soul and it is different.

Shakyamunison
Yes but in different countrys as in this one inless the person is nuts no eating other humans is accepted or done.Animals have free will like us but no soul and it is different.

You really don't know that, do you? I mean, you just believe that, and it makes sense to you, but you can't provide any proof. You are making an extraordinary claim, from my point of view. The world I live in, is filed with the natural world, and there is not such thing as souls, ghosts, demons, or angels. These things are in the same category as leper-cons and unicorns. However, I am open minded, and am willing to listen to facts.

ADarksideJedi
I believe what I believe like you believe what you believe with or without proof it is impossible to change my mind.And being open mined is fine but the thing is not all facts are true specially when concerning humans being animals.
Which I still don't and never will accept.

Shakyamunison
I believe what I believe like you believe what you believe with or without proof it is impossible to change my mind.And being open mined is fine but the thing is not all facts are true specially when concerning humans being animals.

I will not believe in something if I have proof that it is not real. So, your claim that we are the same is wrong. It is possible to convince me, with proof, that humans are not animals. The reason for that is I do not have blind faith in my belief that humans are animals. Why do you have blind faith in your belief that humans are not animals?

lil bitchiness

Technically, word 'animal' means ''with soul'' in Latin, so if humans have souls, then they're animals.

Wei Phoenix

I thought a fact was a fact because it is true.

chomperx9
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Technically, word 'animal' means ''with soul'' in Latin, so if humans have souls, then they're animals. other than plants anything that has a life is considered an animal on this planet. so yes we are animals and homo sapiens are the most intelligent species.

King Castle
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Technically, word 'animal' means ''with soul'' in Latin, so if humans have souls, then they're animals. i hope you are not talking about animism.. b/c well it would kinda sorta wrong in the context in which you are using it.

LLLLLink

Well, here's what I've gathered:

"20And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven.

21And God created great whales, and every living creature that moveth, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good.

22And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.

23And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

24And God said, Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

25And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good."

So, if animals do anything that is "wrong" (I don't believe they have a concept of good and evil like we do; only things that affect their own well being, i.e. they aren't sad when someone is murdered) then I blame the sin curse.

King Castle
you realize in the bible he also listed a bunch of impure animals so not all was good.

ADarksideJedi
What do you mean by impure?

King Castle
dont eat this dont eat that.. they were "unclean".

also only animals without blemish may be offered to the lord..

all these things would mean they were not perfect contradictory to god's supposed action and statements.

Shakyamunison
dont eat this dont eat that.. they were "unclean".

also only animals without blemish may be offered to the lord..

all these things would mean they were not perfect contradictory to god's supposed action and statements.

Or it meant the priest class (upper class) wanted only the best meat.

ADarksideJedi
That was the way the jews then and even now eat certain animals and not eat other animals and as for offering animals that is going on even today by witches and others.
So I am not sure why this was bought up/

Symmetric Chaos
The only mistake god made with animals was to make them so sexy.

ADarksideJedi
lol I don't think God made any animal wrong!

DamienB
so u can pull rabbits ears

ADarksideJedi
That is horrible.

DamienB
pulling there ears or whiskers is just fun

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by DamienB
pulling there ears or whiskers is just fun

Why?

ADarksideJedi
Because he likes to harm helpless animals that is why.Got to go talk to you tomorrow!

Mindship
The only mistake god made with animals was to make them so sexy. http://blogs.seattleweekly.com/dailyweekly/sexy%20gorilla.jpg

King Castle
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_v1p49jX3J2M/SX3AnL4iIlI/AAAAAAAAAnc/g5AZfN0HMM4/s400/weird-deformed-animals12.jpg

chomperx9
what was the point of god creating mosquitos ?

LLLLLink
Originally posted by chomperx9
what was the point of god creating mosquitos ?

Mosquitoes, flies, etc. are pestilence, and pestilence is because of the sin curse.

This topic is actually kind of pointless, because animals were only perfect when God first created them. Anything that you see today is after the sin curse, and has fallen from perfection.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Mosquitoes, flies, etc. are pestilence, and pestilence is because of the sin curse.

This topic is actually kind of pointless, because animals were only perfect when God first created them. Anything that you see today is after the sin curse, and has fallen from perfection.

Curse? Did god curse man?

ADarksideJedi
I argee with that.Because of sin and what Adam and Eve did they did curse all man kind and animals.

LLLLLink
Curse? Did god curse man?

Heck yes He did. I don't know how long it was before they sinned, though. Could've been 100 years for all I know.

Fun fact: Did you know that Adam and Eve were apparently "clothed in light"? That is to say, that their bodies shone bright enough with light that you couldn't see their nakedness.

Shakyamunison
Heck yes He did. I don't know how long it was before they sinned, though. Could've been 100 years for all I know.

Fun fact: Did you know that Adam and Eve were apparently "clothed in light"? That is to say, that their bodies shone bright enough with light that you couldn't see their nakedness.

Why would a god of good curse humans? Isn't cursing an evil act?

So, Adam and Eve were clothed in light? Did you also know that Adam had a first wife before Eve?

LLLLLink
Why would a god of good curse humans? Isn't cursing an evil act?

So, Adam and Eve were clothed in light? Did you also know that Adam had a first wife before Eve?

From His standpoint it wasn't evil; it was justice (I assume). They did disobey their creator, after all.

You mean Lilith? Yeah, I've heard, but it doesn't come from the preserved word, though. Doesn't mean that I wont learn about it though. thumb up

King Castle

This topic is actually kind of pointless, because animals were only perfect when God first created them. Anything that you see today is after the sin curse, and has fallen from perfection. you are saying that animals from perfection as well as man?

where in the bible is that stated?

Shakyamunison
From His standpoint it wasn't evil; it was justice (I assume). They did disobey their creator, after all.

You mean Lilith? Yeah, I've heard, but it doesn't come from the preserved word, though. Doesn't mean that I wont learn about it though. thumb up

Preserved word? Is that another way of saying the King James Bible?

I hope you realize that we are talking about ancient stories, and not something that really happened.

ADarksideJedi

No I did not know that.Where did you read that?

Bardock42

Fun fact, did you know that Moses molested children, he liked to have sex with two or three an evening, he said it made him live longer.

ADarksideJedi
That I don't believe.

LLLLLink
you are saying that animals from perfection as well as man?

where in the bible is that stated?

Yes. But anyway, "perfection" is not the case anymore. Gave a verse earlier.

Preserved word? Is that another way of saying the King James Bible?

I hope you realize that we are talking about ancient stories, and not something that really happened.

That's not necessarily true. Some events recorded in the Bible have been traced back in other cultures and found to be true records.

Shakyamunison

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>