S04E01-02 - Orientation / Jump, Push, Fall

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

S_D_J
Official Episode Preview

TBA

Season 4 Preview

JUIbya7eBJU

Discuss...

S_D_J
There's no official description yet, and it will be added once is available.
the season premiere will be two hours long, hence we have one thread for both episodes.

here's hoping it won't suck much.... erm

REXXXX
I'm cautiously optimistic.

The Nuul
Originally posted by REXXXX

gobstakid777
cosigned
even if it does suck, i'll stick by it.can't suck worse than "villains"

REXXXX
Yeah, Villains was a huge disappointment. I will likely still watch Heroes even if this proves to be as unpleasant, as I enjoy the idea of it all.

S_D_J
same here

as much as I hated the direction the series took as well as the..... general suckiness, I will still keep watching.

Even if this season sucks, I wouldn't mind it getting another season big grin

The Nuul
I think Heroes is done after this season if it flops.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by The Nuul
I think Heroes is done after this season if it flops. \
I'm suprised it didn't get canceled when all those other shows got canceled, and I luv heroes
hopefully they've corrected their mistakes

REXXXX
It did really well the first season and they are hoping it will return to its prior ratings because it makes them money.

blandy86
It did really well the first season and they are hoping it will return to its prior ratings because it makes them money.
hopefully it'll be like the first season in quality

REXXXX
We can only hope! It isn't uninteresting, it is just that things get a bit mixed up and discontinuity arrives.

blandy86
We can only hope! It isn't uninteresting, it is just that things get a bit mixed up and discontinuity arrives.
exactly
Villains was the worst
Fugitives was ok, although the end was major pis
hopefully this new season won't suck

S_D_J
It starts tonight

hopefully we'll get a fun double-episode to keep interest in this new season

btw: here's tonight episode description (can a mod please edit the first post to add the description?):

Claire struggles with adjusting to her new life in college when a mysterious death thrusts her into the spotlight once again. Elsewhere, Hiro and Ando continue their noble quest to help people by promoting their abilities. Angela fears Nathan will soon discover his true identity; while Matt is haunted by an unexpected visitor seeking something he has lost. Tracy Strauss and H.R.G. join forces, looking for the key to unlock the motive behind a horrific crime. Meanwhile, Peter uses his abilities for good, but he is soon called upon to aid an old friend. While the heroes adjust to their new surroundings, a mysterious carnival clan, led by ringleader Samuel, sets their sights on familiar faces.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by S_D_J
It starts tonight

hopefully we'll get a fun double-episode to keep interest in this new season

btw: here's tonight episode description (can a mod please edit the first post to add the description?):

Claire struggles with adjusting to her new life in college when a mysterious death thrusts her into the spotlight once again. Elsewhere, Hiro and Ando continue their noble quest to help people by promoting their abilities. Angela fears Nathan will soon discover his true identity; while Matt is haunted by an unexpected visitor seeking something he has lost. Tracy Strauss and H.R.G. join forces, looking for the key to unlock the motive behind a horrific crime. Meanwhile, Peter uses his abilities for good, but he is soon called upon to aid an old friend. While the heroes adjust to their new surroundings, a mysterious carnival clan, led by ringleader Samuel, sets their sights on familiar faces.

I will be watching later tonight and hoping

The Nuul
Boring and so far it feels like the same old crap again.

Demonic Phoenix
Meh, it was a decent start imo. Not the best, but decent.
I gotta admit that Samuel's power is pretty cool (particularly the ink-strangle move).

They mention 'home'. Wonder what that means. Obviously Samuel has ulterior motives.

Sylar 'haunting' Matt was lulzy and a was a little nice touch to see the Mind Master getting mind raped like that. Though I find it a tad absurd to see Sylar in Matt's psyche.

Danko died. Poor bastard got what was coming to him.

We have another speedster in the series, and he's a lot cooler than Daphne.

Hiro is dying? No wai, probably just a stupid attempt at putting in more spice.

Nathan was probably #1 on Tracy's list. Which meant that she would be going up against Sylar. Not a wise choice, though she is perhaps the only one who can kill him for good (freeze, then shatter him).

Claire's roommate was f***ing annoying >__>, though it sucks that she died.

That woman with the tattoos seems to be like Usutsu, though she uses the Samuel's ink to paint her 'pictures'. Damn sad it was on her back, and not her front x_x.

Sylar, Peter & Claire are 'his' next targets. Wonder how he is going to get Sylar, who is basically in two places at once.

I'm glad Zach still makes appearances though, there is no way Adrian Pasdar could nail a Sylar/Nathan personality hybrid, at least not to the extent that Zach would nail Sylar's.

Also, does Peter retain all the abilities he takes now? Or is it still the same way it was at the end of Fugitives (Can only keep one power-set/power)?

BruceSkywalker
OK, it was a fair episode...

REXXXX
They kept things relatively simple and didn't rush anything, I feel. Already somewhat happy with things.

I like the idea of the carnies, and I like that they didn't throw them all at us and go "HEY THIS IS A NEW IMPORTANT CHARACTER." It was all done very subtley.

Peter still retains just one power at a time, but I like his motivation, it's closer to his original aims.

Matt trying to 'kick' his power was a neat idea and fits with him trying to reject the path of moral ambiquity that he has been pushing the entire show. Sylar ****ing with him is amusing; it's not really Sylar obviously, just Matt's guilt screwing around with him using his own power against him.

"Nathan" freaking out over things showing up was neat; he can't stay Nathan forever.

I'm liking Tracy a little better now. She was hard to swallow last season.

starlock
Not happy with the episode......i don't hate it...it is just boring, i don't like where most of the story seems to be heading.....and i don't find myself interested much....what tips the scales in the bad episode realm...is the motives and characterization of the characters....it feels so wrong and out of place.....i did like where peter seems to be...but it does not make the show great or build any excitement for me on the whole....it still feels like a failed attempt at redeeming itself

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Meh, it was a decent start imo. Not the best, but decent.
I gotta admit that Samuel's power is pretty cool (particularly the ink-strangle move).

They mention 'home'. Wonder what that means. Obviously Samuel has ulterior motives.

Sylar 'haunting' Matt was lulzy and a was a little nice touch to see the Mind Master getting mind raped like that. Though I find it a tad absurd to see Sylar in Matt's psyche.

Danko died. Poor bastard got what was coming to him.

We have another speedster in the series, and he's a lot cooler than Daphne.

Hiro is dying? No wai, probably just a stupid attempt at putting in more spice.

Nathan was probably #1 on Tracy's list. Which meant that she would be going up against Sylar. Not a wise choice, though she is perhaps the only one who can kill him for good (freeze, then shatter him).

Claire's roommate was f***ing annoying >__>, though it sucks that she died.

That woman with the tattoos seems to be like Usutsu, though she uses the Samuel's ink to paint her 'pictures'. Damn sad it was on her back, and not her front x_x.

Sylar, Peter & Claire are 'his' next targets. Wonder how he is going to get Sylar, who is basically in two places at once.

I'm glad Zach still makes appearances though, there is no way Adrian Pasdar could nail a Sylar/Nathan personality hybrid, at least not to the extent that Zach would nail Sylar's.

Also, does Peter retain all the abilities he takes now? Or is it still the same way it was at the end of Fugitives (Can only keep one power-set/power)? Even if she shatters Sylar, he still has clairs power.

darthmaul1
It was so cool to see Ray Park, hopefully his character will last.
unless he is already dead as i haven't finished the episode yet.

S_D_J
I've seen only the first 10 minutes, will watch it all tonight. I liked how it began, no annoying fortune-cookie monologue (I hear there's no Mohinder) and I like Peter jumping the garbage truck, cool acrobatics (BTW, what power were those?, Mohinder's?)
so far annoyed by Claire's roommate, not liking Hiro's shenanigans (yet again), but I'm interested by the rest of the episode...

I'll be back tonight

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Even if she shatters Sylar, he still has clairs power.

Yes, but he'd be in pieces or he would become water. If such an event were to take place, the only way he can come back is to take Tracy's ability so that he can reform himself.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by darthmaul1
It was so cool to see Ray Park, hopefully his character will last.
unless he is already dead as i haven't finished the episode yet.

Ray Park should last hopefully until the end of the season...

REXXXX
Indeed, I liked Ray Park. Oddly enough, any scene he was in actually had a fight scene! A rarity for Heroes...

I like the motivations of the characters thus far. Hiro's could get very interesting and I'm wondering what Samuel gains by pushing Hiro in that direction. Peter's being good ol' Peter; maybe not the most exciting but he'll get his call to adventure soon enough.

And that was Mohinder's power that Peter used, as stated by Peter, to jump the garbage truck.

The Nuul
Next EP looks better just hope it is.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Even if she shatters Sylar, he still has clairs power.

Never mind, I saw I forgot to put kill in quotes, as in truly incapacitate Sylar.

Darth Vicious
I found the episode to be boring. I'll probably still watch it since there aint much going on on Mondays. At least until 24 starts again. Two things I liked the most was Ray Park (of course) and Samuel. He was brilliant as T-bag on Prison Break. Hopefully he'll be brilliant here as well. I really, really didnt care for Claire. She should take a season off. I put money it was that new girl that killed that other girl. Hopefully the season will pick up steam.

Demonic Phoenix
Steam? Girl-on-girl action?

REXXXX
I just like that they kept things simple for the season opener. Last season it was 'SYLAR HAS BROKEN INTO LEVEL 5 AND EVERYONE IS LOOSE AND ALL THIS IS GOING ON AND OH NOOOO.'

S_D_J
I took my sweet time, but I finally saw it.

They kept things relatively simple and didn't rush anything, I feel. Already somewhat happy with things.

I like the idea of the carnies, and I like that they didn't throw them all at us and go "HEY THIS IS A NEW IMPORTANT CHARACTER." It was all done very subtley.

Peter still retains just one power at a time, but I like his motivation, it's closer to his original aims.

Matt trying to 'kick' his power was a neat idea and fits with him trying to reject the path of moral ambiquity that he has been pushing the entire show. Sylar ****ing with him is amusing; it's not really Sylar obviously, just Matt's guilt screwing around with him using his own power against him.

"Nathan" freaking out over things showing up was neat; he can't stay Nathan forever.

I'm liking Tracy a little better now. She was hard to swallow last season.

exactly how I felt.

the first half was boring (actually the first episode "Orientation"wink but the second half picked up quite nicely. I like the direction it's taking...orthe direction I sense they're taking. Good call airing both episodes as one.

the first time I heard about Sylar being on Matt's head I thought it was stupid, but seeing it play out, I now think it's brilliant. It was quite amusing, they both pull it off nicely. best bit of the entire episode. Sylar (or better said Matt's conciousness/guilt/inner-self) playing with him and his jealousy... great.

And the Carnival people are interesting on their own, and were pretty well introduced... less exposition, better pacing

there's quite a few grievances, but overall I felt satisfied with the premiere, it didn't suck as hard as I thought it would.

...and the preview for next episode has me excited to see it next week.

so... what is Samuel's power exactly?

I thinking he might be like Peter and have quite a few more powers to show off

REXXXX
Yeah, it may be that Samuel has empathic mimicry... my friends and I were talking about it and he had some sort of earth-controlling power when he closes the grave at the start of the episode... but then he controlled the tattoo that closed around Edgar's neck. Not sure how he did that; mineral-control?

S_D_J
Terrakinesis.... or good old Telekinesis

but that doesn't explain the ink

Mainstream
Terrakinesis.... or good old Telekinesis

but that doesn't explain the ink

the ink had minerals which is kinda like rocks and stuff. that's how that guy was able to control the tattoo.

S_D_J
yep, but the thing is:

I thought Lydia (the tatto lady) was the one who controlled the ink, as it turns out she doesn't, but the ink itself forms the figure (or picture) they are looking for. Samuel doesn't do that

... and while Samuel could control the ink, it doesn't explain how he could choke Edgar just by drawing a hand around his neck.

though that can be explain by telekinesis (force choke, anyone?)

Mainstream
yep, but the thing is:

I thought Lydia (the tatto lady) was the one who controlled the ink, as it turns out she doesn't, but the ink itself forms the figure (or picture) they are looking for. Samuel doesn't do that

... and while Samuel could control the ink, it doesn't explain how he could choke Edgar just by drawing a hand around his neck.

though that can be explain by telekinesis (force choke, anyone?)

this may help http://heroeswiki.com/Samuel#Evolved_Human_Abilities

Fumbles1
Can't wait for tonight!

S_D_J
Originally posted by Mainstream
this may help http://heroeswiki.com/Samuel#Evolved_Human_Abilities

I didn't know about the GN, but his ability is indeed Terrakinesis

... I still don't understand how he could chocked Edgar though....

REXXXX
The minerals were being forced to tighten around his neck while in his skin.

Mainstream
yeah

S_D_J

I still don't buy it.

at least if he was poisoning him with it, you know, pushing it inside his body, arteries and whatnot and clogging it, yeah, but not tighten it. It is just ink, it should not choke anyone erm

Mairuzu
So you're saying he should be allowed to make the ink enter your arteries yet he can't make the ink apply pressure?

How the hell would it get in the arteries then....

REXXXX
Pressure would need be applied to get into arteries, methinks. The ink has minerals in it that Samuel can control, so my explanation makes sense (to me at least).

Mairuzu
exactly, think of it like when magneto took the metal out of the guy.

which was kind of weird now that i think about it

S_D_J
well if anything it will tighten and pull the skin, not the throat. and as it was shown, there was barely any pulling... but that's just FXs, so, can't hold it against them erm

yes pressure is needed to pull or push it. But hey, whatever floats your boat, right? big grin

Mairuzu
Haha yeah, either way i dont care.

He's just another magneto rip off but with minerals

REXXXX
YOU'RE a Magneto rip-off with minerals. dur

Mairuzu
You're so ****ing dead fffuuu

S_D_J
crylaugh

Excellent Smiley

fffuuu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.