Capped Henshaw vs Capped Amazo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jadervason
"Basic" Amazo w/ his standard five (Superman, Green Lantern, Flash, Wonder Woman, Martian Manhunter) and w/o the ability to gain new powers,

versus

Full-strength Cyborg Superman Hank Henshaw (none of this "I created this body from toys earlier today" business) with two handfuls of power rings, either yellow or green or both, and the ability to control all technology except Amazo.

The arena is earth-prime's solar system, leaving it constitutes BFR/defeat, but everything is fair game.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Amazo wins.

jadervason
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Amazo wins.

Amazo does stand a strong chance with the Flash in there

Galan007
amazo. easily.

gobstakid777
infinite mass punch ftw

jadervason
Which flash does Amazo canonically possess?

Please allow me to retcon this thread and replace Flash with Hawkgirl; KMC's Flash cannot lose.

Galan007
wally.

and even without him, amazo still stomps.

jadervason
Originally posted by Galan007
wally.

and even without him, amazo still stomps.

Amazo's still 'only' got Superman's chin, him getting his ass kicked is definitely a possibility.

Really he wouldn't have any speed, strength, or energy advantage. MM's mind powers might be a nuisance but it's not like power rings don't at least account for such things. And Borg has an entire planet of technology to work with.

That's not to say that if he gets lasso'd he wouldn't be in a world of hurt with increased density superspeed punches/mace-to-the-face, or be similarly screwed if he couldn't adequately defend against a psionic attack, possibly even amped by the ring.

Avlon
Henshaw wins and pretty easily especially with Flash out of the picture.

Why do people who should be better informed still choose to use Henshaw as 1 body physical being when he's so much more?

This is not a comic...and with Henshaws abilities (including his tech genius) Amazo is a relic.

Warlord
wouldn't Henshaw be able to control Amazo?

Avlon
OP limited that ability in Henshaw.

Warlord
Originally posted by Avlon
OP limited that ability in Henshaw.

eek!

Merlyn
Sorry, but you have to be quite a fanboy to say Henshaw wins. I mean Superman was shown (during SC) to be greater than Henshaw. Hell, by Henshaw's own accord, Superman nearly killed him.

Having said that, not only does Amazo have Superman's powers here (which is already enough), but he's also got Green Lantern's abilities + Wonder Woman's abilities/equipment + J'onn's abilities + Hawkgirl's abilities/equipment.

Amazo 10/10.

jadervason
Originally posted by Avlon
Henshaw wins and pretty easily especially with Flash out of the picture.

Why do people who should be better informed still choose to use Henshaw as 1 body physical being when he's so much more?

This is not a comic...and with Henshaws abilities (including his tech genius) Amazo is a relic.

He's so much more But! I cannot realistically believe that he'd overcome Amazo with another body he was forced to make on the fly if his premium one didn't work.

jadervason
Originally posted by Merlyn
Sorry, but you have to be quite a fanboy to say Henshaw wins. I mean Superman was shown (during SC) to be greater than Henshaw. Hell, by Henshaw's own accord, Superman nearly killed him.

Having said that, not only does Amazo have Superman's powers here (which is already enough), but he's also got Green Lantern's abilities + Wonder Woman's abilities/equipment + J'onn's abilities + Hawkgirl's abilities/equipment.

Amazo 10/10.

Superman got freaking beasted by Henshaw. Did we see the same thing? Superman, Powergirl, and Supergirl were cumulatively enough to overcome him, we are to understand, but he wasn't exactly bloodlusted now was he?

I mean, for all we know it was Alan Scott who "nearly did it." I will actually post the scan for this. And, for the record, the mere suggestion that a physical attack nearly killed an energy being, Henshaw's 'spirit' is preposterous.

Either an attempt at a retcon, or bad writing. It's more excusable than Surfer getting armbar'd, but still, don't write about things and characters you don't know...

Merlyn
Originally posted by jadervason
Superman got freaking beasted by Henshaw. Did we see the same thing? Superman, Powergirl, and Supergirl were cumulatively enough to overcome him, we are to understand, but he wasn't exactly bloodlusted now was he?

I mean, for all we know it was Alan Scott who "nearly did it." I will actually post the scan for this. And, for the record, the mere suggestion that a physical attack nearly killed an energy being, Henshaw's 'spirit' is preposterous.

Either an attempt at a retcon, or bad writing. It's more excusable than Surfer getting armbar'd, but still, don't write about things and characters you don't know... We see Superman, and Superman alone square off against Henshaw. The next time we see Henshaw he is getting thrown into SBP, in battered and broken state. Hank then says, "HE almost did it."

The word "HE" is clearly referring to ONE male character. And the words, "almost did it" are clearly a reference to Henshaw nearly getting killed by this ONE male character.

To say that any other character(s) teamed up against Henshaw, other than the ONE character we actually SAW fighting him (Superman) is asinine and remarkably illogical to assume. Especially when Henshaw specifically used the word "HE" to express the ONE individual who nearly killed him.

jadervason
We see Superman, and Superman alone square off against Henshaw. The next time we see Henshaw he is getting thrown into SBP, in battered and broken state. Hank then says, "HE almost did it."

The word "HE" is clearly referring to ONE male character. And the words, "almost did it" are clearly a reference to Henshaw nearly getting killed by this ONE male character.

To say that any other character(s) teamed up against Henshaw, other than the ONE character we actually SAW fighting him (Superman) is asinine and remarkably illogical to assume. Especially when Henshaw specifically used the word "HE" to express the ONE individual who nearly killed him.

Not quite, friend. It would be asinine and illogical to overlook panels such as these.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/JaderVason/GreenLantern024-20.jpg

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b103/JaderVason/pic011.jpg

Superman alone is not enough to defeat this Henshaw. We can ascertain from the Cyborg Superman one-shot that after Superman gets punched through the Statue of Liberty, he gets put into a choke-hold, unconscious, and that somebody helps him get out.

Back to the matter at hand, Amazo's Superman powers are accounted for. It's a matter of whether his additional abilities would be enough.

jadervason
accidental double post

batdude123
Double posting.

Reported for spamming.

Merlyn
Originally posted by jadervason
Not quite, friend. It would be asinine and illogical to overlook panels such as these.

Superman alone is not enough to defeat this Henshaw. We can ascertain from the Cyborg Superman one-shot that after Superman gets punched through the Statue of Liberty, he gets put into a choke-hold, unconscious, and that somebody helps him get out.

Back to the matter at hand, Amazo's Superman powers are accounted for. It's a matter of whether his additional abilities would be enough. Umm, dude if you actually read the Superboy Prime special during SC, you'd know that Alan Scott was very much preoccupied with fighting Superboy Prime. He obviously had no hand in battling Henshaw. As for Supergirl fighting Henshaw, obviously she played a very minimal role, as Henshaw clearly stated "HE almost did it."

Would you like to speculate a bit more on that battle?

jadervason
Umm, dude if you actually read the Superboy Prime special during SC, you'd know that Alan Scott was very much preoccupied with fighting Superboy Prime. He obviously had no hand in battling Henshaw. As for Supergirl fighting Henshaw, obviously she played a very minimal role, as Henshaw clearly stated "HE almost did it."

Would you like to speculate a bit more on that battle?

You are very skilled at reading comics with your eyes closed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.