The Time Traveler's Wife

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Syren
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452694/

gu8lYr0kf7g

Apologies if this is a duplicate thread, I did search for another happy

I am really looking forward to seeing this movie. As a huge fan of the book I'm actually quite pleased with the casting choices, although Eric Bana was a surprise. I love Rachel McAdams and they seem to have a lot of on screen chemistry from what I could tell during the trailer, which actually brought a tear to my eye laughing out loud

Anyone have any comments?

Robtard
Originally posted by Syren
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0452694/

Anyone have any comments?

Yeah, two:

-Adams is hot

-Movie will be terrible

Syren
Originally posted by Robtard
Yeah, two:

-Adams is hot

-Movie will be terrible

McAdams stick out tongue

And probably, but the trailer's got me interested and I will see it. Reckon I'll regret it though.

Robtard
Well yeah, Amy Adams is hot too.

I'd wait for DVD rental.

Discos
I went to see this a couple of weeks ago, on a first date of all things. The chick I was with was determined she was going to cry. But in the end no tears and she didnt like it.

on the other hand, I loved it. I was the one who was dreadin seein it. But the movie is awesome. A bit of a thinking one too, tryin to keep up with how old Eric Bana is and which duplicate from which time is with his wife.

I recommend to go see it dudes, very nice movie

Discos - 8/10

Syren
Well yeah, Amy Adams is hot too.

I'd wait for DVD rental.

The chick out of Enchanted? She's cute yes

Or download ermm

Robtard
The chick out of Enchanted? She's cute yes

Or download ermm

She is, I'd give her a proper rogering.

Or that, yes.

Robtard
Originally posted by Discos
I went to see this a couple of weeks ago, on a first date of all things. The chick I was with was determined she was going to cry. But in the end no tears and she didnt like it.

on the other hand, I loved it. I was the one who was dreadin seein it. But the movie is awesome. A bit of a thinking one too, tryin to keep up with how old Eric Bana is and which duplicate from which time is with his wife.

I recommend to go see it dudes, very nice movie

Discos - 8/10

Well now, you just spoiled it for everyone. There's duplicates of Bana.

BruceSkywalker
I saw this about a week and a half ago... decent film

Syren

Everyone who hasn't read the book. And if you haven't read the book, you'll never understand the premise crazy

Robtard
Everyone who hasn't read the book. And if you haven't read the book, you'll never understand the premise crazy

Easy enough. It's supposed to be some allegory of a woman who feels abandoned by love or some sappy shit like that. I'd almost rather read a Harry Potter book, almost.

Kotor3
The film could have been better. Story was actually stupid, I was waiting for some explanation but none came.

Discos

haha sorry if I spoiled it for anyone. But he does time travel, so.... *shrugs*

Syren
Easy enough. It's supposed to be some allegory of a woman who feels abandoned by love or some sappy shit like that. I'd almost rather read a Harry Potter book, almost.

Well, I wouldn't say it's quite that simple confused

It is a love story about a man with a genetic disorder that causes him to time travel unpredictably, and about his wife, an artist who has to cope with his frequent absences and dangerous experiences. Niffenegger, frustrated in love when she began the work, wrote the story as a metaphor for her failed relationships. The tale's central relationship came to her in a flash one day and subsequently became the novel's title. The novel, which has been classified as both science fiction and romance, examines issues of love, loss, and free will. In particular, it uses time travel to explore miscommunication and distance in relationships. It also investigates deeper existential questions.

Niffenegger identifies the themes of the novel as "mutants, love, death, amputation, sex, and time". Reviewers have focused on love, loss, and time. As Charlie Lee-Potter writes in The Independent, the novel is "an elegy to love and loss". The love between Henry and Clare is expressed in a variety of ways, including through an analysis and history of the couple's sex life.

I'm desperately hoping the film captures all that erm

siriuswriter
syren - did the film have the sequencing the book did?
I.E. does it go chronically through her life? because that made it make so much more sense in the book.

and for those who haven't read the book, with the material they were working with from it, i know that a lot of it has to be watered down, even to get an 'r' rating. obviously, waxing on the philosophic doesn't really have popularity in a film studio. and so those deep speeches don't fit in. so if you don't like the movie, then you might like the book, which isn't chick-lit by any stretch of the imagination

Robtard
Originally posted by siriuswriter

and for those who haven't read the book, with the material they were working with from it, i know that a lot of it has to be watered down, even to get an 'r' rating.

Now I'm intrigued, is the book filled with hot and lewd sexual activities? If so, do tell. If they're that obscene that you can't post here, do PM, as I don't want it watered down in return.

FistOfThe North
i'd be more focused on the tech aspect of it but this is looking suspect. it seems......lovey dovey.

not into lovey dovey..

Syren
Originally posted by siriuswriter
syren - did the film have the sequencing the book did?
I.E. does it go chronically through her life? because that made it make so much more sense in the book.

and for those who haven't read the book, with the material they were working with from it, i know that a lot of it has to be watered down, even to get an 'r' rating. obviously, waxing on the philosophic doesn't really have popularity in a film studio. and so those deep speeches don't fit in. so if you don't like the movie, then you might like the book, which isn't chick-lit by any stretch of the imagination

I haven't seen the film yet, so I'm not sure.

I've read several reviews over the last couple of days and it's being rated very poorly erm Apparently the story works excellently as a novel but as a film is a shambling mess. I'm considering missing it altogether.

siriuswriter
robtard - no, actually, i think the things they pulled from the book actually were the sex and the intimacy. it's the deep thinking, the fundamental idea of time traveling as a disease, and the woman has many miscarriages because the baby keeps time traveling out of her womb, and when she absolutely wants to have the baby, they have to start working with high HIGH tech doctors to see if they can get an antidote to time-traveling. it's very interesting and very involving, they have to go through mounds of red-tape and meanwhile her husband keeps disappearing backward through time. and if the story is told chronologically through the woman's life, then the first time he meets her is when she's about six years old... it's just... you know he knows things that she needs to remember, or he has just witnessed a tragedy that happened twenty years ago... the juxtaposition of all of the emotions plus him travelling plus trying for a baby plus trying to get time travelling as a recorded illness... good, good book. and i haven't even given you all the plot lines yet.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.