Kain vs Sora

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MooCowofJustice
I've been intrigued by how good Sora actually is. So he's going against Kain.

Sora is fully equipped. His highest level spells and his best Keyblade(s).

ScreamPaste
Holy crap, Moo.. You trying to spite Kain? Sora's got a time stop, is stronger and faster than Kain.

SuperLuigi
kain wins. blood gout i think? or maybe just soul ****ing

ScreamPaste
Time. Stop.

SuperLuigi
too bad no limitations on kain have been placed. BT will be here shortly to school

ScreamPaste
Oh, right. I forgot about him. How's he doing? Still posting no limit fallacies?

Burning thought
Well actually, i think Sora may be respectable enough to make a good fight for Kain and even defeat him if his time powers are really as fast as you claim. Although he will need something to be able to destroy mist or souls. Kain could prob one hit kill him with most of his powers, but whether he has the "time" to do it is whats important here.

So...vids of cast times, range etc of his time stop anyone?

SuperLuigi
idk but be ready to defend casting time. teleport headcut off, kain wins is on the horizon

Edit: predicted

Phanteros
Sora can teleport too in a way.

ArtificialGlory
Well, I watched a couple of videos with Sora in it, but couldn't find one with him using time stop or something like it. How long does it last anyway?

Then again I don't know jack and shit about Kingdom Hearts and don't know where to look for time stop.

Burning thought
And Kain can time slow, not time stop, but the former is good enough from stopping someone doing something quickly, time stop is only to give you time to hack someone down but in Kains case, most of his spells can one hit.

MooCowofJustice
So is SL the only one backing Kain?

Burning thought
Tactless and too obvious

NemeBro
Thread is gay. I refuse to argue it. I do not give enough of a shit about Sora for the aneurysm this thread will give me.

Sin_Volvagia
Sora's Time Stop is not as good as Dante's Time Bangle or QuickSilver. Regardless, he should be able to give Kain a fight.

Stop in Kingdom Hearts only stuns opponents near him for a few seconds. Stopra and Stopga only have wider area effects. It's not some long-distance spell.

Burning thought
Kain wins easily in that case

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Sora's Time Stop is not as good as Dante's Time Bangle or QuickSilver. Regardless, he should be able to give Kain a fight.

Stop in Kingdom Hearts only stuns opponents near him for a few seconds. Stopra and Stopga only have wider area effects. It's not some long-distance spell.

Stopraga does not have a limited range. Sora can just lock on to an opponent to make it hit them if they're farther away.

SuperLuigi
he could try to lock onto kain but kain will teleport

ScreamPaste
Teleporting out of a time-stop.. lol.

MooCowofJustice
A lot of good that will do. I doubt he can do that either, locking on is just looking at Kain. He pretty much starts this locked on.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Stopraga does not have a limited range. Sora can just lock on to an opponent to make it hit them if they're farther away. Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Teleporting out of a time-stop.. lol.

has to lock on to do it. kain teleports to dodge the lock on.

A lot of good that will do. I doubt he can do that either, locking on is just looking at Kain. He pretty much starts this locked on.

is it fired as a projectile or what?

Burning thought
So he has to look at kain AND make a key blades gesture in his direction to stop him...great...and this is going to be impossible considering one teleport and the guy will not be able to cast it at Kain. But as I said, vids for evidence.

MooCowofJustice
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
has to lock on to do it. kain teleports to dodge the lock on.

is it fired as a projectile or what?

Locking on is just looking at him. Kain is not that fast. I've seen the Teleport he uses as well, its not anywhere near as fast as it would have to be to be useful at all.

No. As soon as its cast, the opponent is frozen.

SuperLuigi
then it will come down to casting time how long it lasts and how long it takes for sora to close the gap.

Burning thought
And Nemo claims that it takes a gesture, which is more than it takes for Kain to teleport.

Sora cannot destroy Kain anyway, he has no soul attacks

MooCowofJustice
then it will come down to casting time how long it lasts and how long it takes for sora to close the gap.

Sora is faster than Kain. And he could just cast another Stopraga over the first one and walk to Kain.

Sin_Volvagia
he could try to lock onto kain but kain will teleport

Sora has Magnet. I'd imagine that it would be even more effective if Kain decided to go into Mist form.

SuperLuigi
Sora is faster than Kain. And he could just cast another Stopraga over the first one and walk to Kain.

faster how? reaction speed and fighting speed but not movement.

MooCowofJustice
Sora is fast enough to hit a bullet out of the air and redirect it at an opponent.

SuperLuigi
thats his reaction. ok but how is he dodging blood gout?

MooCowofJustice
Has anyone even ever tried to dodge blood gout? I don't know, it could be as easy as keeping in motion.

ScreamPaste
Don't let Kain lock onto you!

Also, srsly.. Sora decapitates Kain, even without timestop.

Burning thought
Sora has Magnet. I'd imagine that it would be even more effective if Kain decided to go into Mist form.

Whats that do? magnet?

Blood shower, gout is him fireing blood at you which is indeed a projectile and easy to dodge, shower is undodgable because its not a projectile or targetable.

sora is easy, without instant timestop unless his gesture is ridiculously fast...

SuperLuigi
which ever one explodes the blood out. i'll be an expert on kain soon enough.

Burning thought
Blood shower pours the blood from victims in the area to Kain, thats the one your prob thinking of.

MooCowofJustice
which ever one explodes the blood out. i'll be an expert on kain soon enough.

So, has anyone ever tried to avoid it or do they just stand there like an idiot?

Burning thought
Kain could just drain him of blood through TK, rip out his soul, teleport next to him and have him in his own time slwo, then freeze him then just chop him in half etc etc so many possbilities although blood shower is the most fun.

ScreamPaste
They just stand there like an idiot.. Lol.

Sora decapittiates Kain before he can react. /Thread.

Hewhoknowsall
Doesn't Sora's time stop not work on bosses?

But I don't know a thing about Kain...so I can't really say.

Burning thought
"bosses" is merely a gameplay term for a major character who is made through gameplay mechanics harder to kill. So whether it works on bosses or not is highly irrelvent. What we need is a vid of its range, how it works, how fast it can be cast as well as how long it lasts.

ScreamPaste
Let's put it this way; Sora doesn't need the timestop to win.

Sin_Volvagia
Originally posted by Burning thought
Whats that do? magnet?

Sora creates a magnetic orb that sucks in enemies and objects and it deals continous damage for a short time. It also has a wide range effect.

NemeBro
You all do realise that Sora can quite literally stop time before Kain can process a thought to do anything, right?

The speed of thought is 550-750 milliseconds, more than enough time to freeze Kain.

Burning thought
Sora creates a magnetic orb that sucks in enemies and objects and it deals continous damage for a short time. It also has a wide range effect.

If its magnetic the best it can do is perhaps grab the soul reaver, and even then Kain could just grab it back, and thats only if its an extremely powerful magnet. What are its feats?

Originally posted by NemeBro
You all do realise that Sora can quite literally stop time before Kain can process a thought to do anything, right?

The speed of thought is 550-750 milliseconds, more than enough time to freeze Kain.

obviously Kains thought is faster than normal, he can teleport and strike a guy in roughly 200-300 milliseconds. So his speed of thought is prob about 50-100 milliseconds.

And your making it sound like Sora does not have to make any mental decision to use time stop, you also said he has to gesture, which also requires a thought and an action....

NemeBro
obviously Kains thought is faster than normal, he can teleport and strike a guy in roughly 200-300 milliseconds. So his speed of thought is prob about 50-100 milliseconds.

And your making it sound like Sora does not have to make any mental decision to use time stop, you also said he has to gesture, which also requires a thought and an action.... Prove it.

The difference is that Sora can and has performed actions under 500-750 milliseconds, like blocking point-blank gunfire and deflecting the bullets back at the opponent.

Burning thought
2nd to last vid in his respect thread.

I can perform actions under that time as well, I can move my hand back and forth in front of my face, each movement requirement a thought wave from my brain. i think your probably reading the information it takes a human to comprehend something or make an analysis of something. A brain wave does not take nearly a second.

And performing actions under that time does not mean he can perform time slow spell beneath that time, that may indeed take longer concentration time and so we can only take the best speed feat of him casting the spell.

NemeBro
2nd to last vid in his respect thread.

I can perform actions under that time as well, I can move my hand back and forth in front of my face, each movement requirement a thought wave from my brain. i think your probably reading the information it takes a human to comprehend something or make an analysis of something. A brain wave does not take nearly a second.

And performing actions under that time does not mean he can perform time slow spell beneath that time, that may indeed take longer concentration time and so we can only take the best speed feat of him casting the spell. No. Post it here.

What you claim you can do means absolutely nothing in the face of actual scientific studies. I don't give a damn about your anecdotal evidence.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

See, now that is actual scientific evidence. A single brain-wave is not a thought, and Sora can still use Stopga before Kain can do a thing.

Time Stop. And he just points the Keyblade, does it quickly in the middle of battle, no concentration required.

Burning thought
No. Post it here.

What you claim you can do means absolutely nothing in the face of actual scientific studies. I don't give a damn about your anecdotal evidence.

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/19980428032910data_trunc_sys.shtml

See, now that is actual scientific evidence. A single brain-wave is not a thought, and Sora can still use Stopga before Kain can do a thing.

Time Stop. And he just points the Keyblade, does it quickly in the middle of battle, no concentration required.

Lazy little guy:

1.85-1.10

OF1S2bo6cSg

Replacement vid for the 3rd one on page 1, it has dimentional teleportation and some nice footage.

5 guys in about 1.7 seconds=5/1.7=340 milliseconds to strike one guy (Kains thought process-->concieve threat-->teleport--->strike) so his overall thought speed must be around 50-100 millisconds at most.

It took 300 milliseconds to understand a pictured object, I think your trying to use the title of the piece. The actual information states full comprehension of an object, you dont have to fully comprehend an object to react to it, infact a fast moveing object moveing towards you can trigger instinct, regardless of what the thing is. What Kain is doing is likely closer to this study only ofc he is faster.

Points the keyblade? show me....and pointing the keyblade at the same speed he deflected the bullets? show me both pieces of evidence

Q'Anilia
Lazy little guy:

1.85-1.10

5 guys in about 1.7 seconds=5/1.7=340 milliseconds to strike one guy (Kains thought process-->concieve threat-->teleport--->strike) so his overall thought speed must be around 50-100 millisconds at most.

Yet his reaction time is inferior that in a cutscene.

SpadeKing
Prove it.

The difference is that Sora can and has performed actions under 500-750 milliseconds, like blocking point-blank gunfire and deflecting the bullets back at the opponent.

blocking sephiroth's attacks after he already flew by him...

Phanteros
Originally posted by SpadeKing
blocking sephiroth's attacks after he already flew by him... Game play and also an easter egg.

Burning thought
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
Yet his reaction time is inferior that in a cutscene.

When? although its not an argument at all, it exists.

SpadeKing
Originally posted by Phanteros
Game play and also an easter egg.

true & more of a side quest actually.

NemeBro
Lazy little guy:

1.85-1.10

It took 300 milliseconds to understand a pictured object, I think your trying to use the title of the piece. The actual information states full comprehension of an object, you dont have to fully comprehend an object to react to it, infact a fast moveing object moveing towards you can trigger instinct, regardless of what the thing is. What Kain is doing is likely closer to this study only ofc he is faster.

Points the keyblade? show me....and pointing the keyblade at the same speed he deflected the bullets? show me both pieces of evidence ...Doesn't he just cast a spell that lets him hit all of them? Because that is not actual speed.

The study was meant to discover the speed of thought for a human being, and even if it is really a hundred milliseconds, Kain is still slower. Yes, you can react to something faster than you can comprehend it, but such reactions are hardly reliable in battle with someone that much faster.

...Right, because he obviously is slower at pointing or swinging the Keyblade when casting Stopga than he is at anything else. And I am not looking for a vid where he uses it, I do not care enough.

Burning thought
...Doesn't he just cast a spell that lets him hit all of them? Because that is not actual speed.

The study was meant to discover the speed of thought for a human being, and even if it is really a hundred milliseconds, Kain is still slower. Yes, you can react to something faster than you can comprehend it, but such reactions are hardly reliable in battle with someone that much faster.

...Right, because he obviously is slower at pointing or swinging the Keyblade when casting Stopga than he is at anything else. And I am not looking for a vid where he uses it, I do not care enough.

Its speed in the idea that his actions happen in an amount of time so small that Sora would not be able to target him, think and then cast before he does them. And you see the whole move in that vid, its reaver dimentional teleportation. He simply turns green and flashes across his opponents in milliseconds. (1.7 seconds for all of them).

Hardly reliable? thats not a good argument at all for anyone knocking back bullets, its a reactional feat, he does not have to comprehend fully the objects, simple fact. Kain on the other hand would have to comprehend all 5 opponents to teleport on top of them.

Yet you care enough to ask one from me, and no hes obviously slower at casting a spell and projecting it than he is at impulse slashes at fast objects possbily based on instinct reaction. unless your trying to say that every time he swings his keyblade he casts stopga... no expression

NemeBro
Its speed in the idea that his actions happen in an amount of time so small that Sora would not be able to target him, think and then cast before he does them. And you see the whole move in that vid, its reaver dimentional teleportation. He simply turns green and flashes across his opponents in milliseconds. (1.7 seconds for all of them).

Hardly reliable? thats not a good argument at all for anyone knocking back bullets, its a reactional feat, he does not have to comprehend fully the objects, simple fact. Kain on the other hand would have to comprehend all 5 opponents to teleport on top of them.

Yet you care enough to ask one from me, and no hes obviously slower at casting a spell and projecting it than he is at impulse slashes at fast objects possbily based on instinct reaction. unless your trying to say that every time he swings his keyblade he casts stopga... no expression 1. From a spell. Not from actual speed. If he did something like slash them all manually in 1.7 seconds, you would have an argument. Kain did not even have to move to slash them.

2. You need to comprehend the object to have the ability to deflect it back at the person who fired it. Obviously.

3. That's because I'm more important than you, obviously. Obviously? He needed to see the bullet, and hit it so that it would hit the person who fired it, it is not a pure, instinctual reflex feat.

Burning thought
1. From a spell. Not from actual speed. If he did something like slash them all manually in 1.7 seconds, you would have an argument. Kain did not even have to move to slash them.

2. You need to comprehend the object to have the ability to deflect it back at the person who fired it. Obviously.

3. That's because I'm more important than you, obviously. Obviously? He needed to see the bullet, and hit it so that it would hit the person who fired it, it is not a pure, instinctual reflex feat.

1. Your talking about physical movement, what Kain is doing is speed overall, only its better because obviously hes not physically there for anyone to counter him half the time. My argument remains....

2. erm no lol...

3. false

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.