TP Link vs Cyberdemon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
Ganondorf has sent link to hell under the impression that Zelda is being held captive there. After fighting his way through hell, destroying countless lost souls, he arrives at the center of the underworld. A rocket races toward him in an attempt to deflect it with his ordon sword the rocket explodes and shatters the blade...

link has all of his hidden skills except mortal draw. no magic armor. he has 30 bombs and arrows, gale boomerang, and his shield. the master sword is on an alter behind the cyberdemon.

can link recover his sword and slay the demon? or has he final met his DOOM???(pun intended)

Ridley_Prime
Is this the Doom 3 Cyberdemon that's vulnerable only to the Soul Cube?

SuperLuigi
seeing as i didnt know that no it isnt.

ScreamPaste
Never played Doom 3, so.. Uhm.. A little info, plx? o:

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
seeing as i didnt know that no it isnt.
Well, putting what I said aside and the volleys of rockets it fires at a high frequency (which it does not take splash damage from the explosions and has no ammo limit), the Cyberdemon can also simply stomp on the player when at close range, killing them instantly.

If the Master Sword is on an alter behind Cybey, Link may get stomped flat when trying to get to it, assuming he dodges all the rockets before even getting that close. Cyberdemon has surprisingly quick reaction time, so it won't be easy, and regardless of Link's shield, he could still take splash damage from the rocket's explosions. No magic armor makes matters even worse there.

Even with the sword, I'm not sure Link would get an instant win or anything, as Cybey is not the kind of enemy you wanna take on in close encounters. Distance is your best friend against him. Perhaps if Link uses his 30 bombs and arrows wisely, it may be enough, but the Cyberdemon usually takes a hell of a lot more ammo to beat than that, so who knows.

Burning thought
lol Link cannot harm the demon....

First it takes god knows how much damage from futureistic weapons such as the high tech plasma cannon the BFG that can wipe out rooms of demons who can survive high powered rounds nad energy cells.

The Demon will prob not even be damaged by Link or his weapons, it will fire one or two missles and the splash damage would erase him.

ScreamPaste
How big and how strong is it to say Link gets 'stomped flat'? Also, how strong are these rockets? Ect.

I'm thinking, Cyeberdemon sounds evil, if Link gets his sword he wins pretty quickly.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
How big and how strong is it to say Link gets 'stomped flat'?
Cybey's roughly 20 feet tall. More than three times as tall as a human soldier.

LR2J86-HBnA

Also, how strong are these rockets? Ect.
Well in Doom, one rocket is often enough to critically injure a player (even if the player has Mega-Armor), making it imperative that all rockets are to be avoided. Even with Link's shield, he probably won't be able to take more than 2 because of the splash damage caused by the explosions.

I'm thinking, Cyeberdemon sounds evil, if Link gets his sword he wins pretty quickly.
Eh, perhaps.

SuperLuigi
BT the bombs link has explode large boulders underwater. they will be effective against the demon.

edit: TP link's shield can reflect projectiles if timed right

NemeBro
Link's sword has hurt foes far superior to Cyberdemon, it will hurt it.

That said, I doubt Link can win.

SuperLuigi
link could use his gale boomerang in reverse, throw it opposite direction as a rocket comes and duck the boomerang so it takes the rocket back to the cyberdemon... might only work once though

NemeBro
crylaugh

ScreamPaste
..Not nearly big enough to stomp Link flat erm Link's sturdy enough to stop a large rollign Goron in motion, if Cyberdemon tries to step on Link, Link could probably toss him over.

How strong is this armour? In TP Link is shot ou of a cannon in the sky at the ground, totally unharmed, not to mention using a cannon to get to the sky in the first place. Like I already mentioned, he's very sturdy, and quite durable. Also, 'splash damage' isn't a realistic concept, explosions move outward in a spread. If it's path is blocked, the shrapnel/air cannot move that direction, thus his shield should be good enough.

Does Cyberdemon have any strength feats to put it on par with Link?

Sin_Volvagia
If this is the Cyberdemon from the original Doom, Link takes this.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by NemeBro
crylaugh

that is strategy from smash bros at work. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
If this is the Cyberdemon from the original Doom, Link takes this.

the best version of him, im guessing doom3 version

CosmicComet
Beast form Ganon > Cyberdemon.

SuperLuigi
very true since Dark Beast Ganon runs through dimensional portals

MooCowofJustice
link could use his gale boomerang in reverse, throw it opposite direction as a rocket comes and duck the boomerang so it takes the rocket back to the cyberdemon... might only work once though

Epic Gale Guarding.

Are you a Link main? o.O

SuperLuigi
very much so

MooCowofJustice
You're not an Izawmbie are you?

Oh my god, that's awesome. Izawmbie!

SuperLuigi
no im not

MooCowofJustice
I figured you would be a Luigi main...

ScreamPaste
So yeah.. is there any reason Link can't physicly man-handle the Cyber demon and win that way..?

SuperLuigi
rockets to the face would be one reason

ScreamPaste
Link was shot out of a cannon in the sky directly down to earth. a rocket's not gonna bother him much. :/ and once he's in Cyber Demon's face, the rockets will damage his oppoenent as well.. I see no reason Link can't simply tear CD's head off.

SuperLuigi
because link has never done tore heads off to my knowledge and being shot out of a cannon and being shot by a rocket are two different things.

ScreamPaste
You're not going to see decapitation in a T rated game. Link is easily strong enough.

Also, the rockets don't sound terribly powerful, and the cannons in TP that fire Link would have to send him flying at /atleast/ mach speed for him to reach the height he does. Hitting the ground like that? Lol, well played! A normal person would splatter.

But yeah, TP Link can over-power the Cyberdemon, unless it has a showing of strength on par with his own.. And unless it's particularly durable, there's no reason he can't simply tear it's head off. no expression

SuperLuigi
the rocket tech is more advanced than the cannon that shot link. him sticking the landing doesnt equate to him tanking a rocket from cyberdemon. tp link could get kratos and rip body parts off but thats like um not in his character.

NemeBro
ANSWER MAH PM SCREAM

ScreamPaste
Doesn't matter, advancement =/= destructive power.

I'll reply in a second, Nemebro! D:

But yeah, Link could probably beat Cyberdemon with no weapon at all =/

MooCowofJustice
Lol that Cannon Link got shot out of hurls objects miles into the sky. Less advanced than a rocket?

SuperLuigi
advancement = destructive power. example musket vs shotgun. example stone knife vs Cutco knife. example shovel vs jackhammer.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Lol that Cannon Link got shot out of hurls objects miles into the sky. Less advanced than a rocket?

getting fired out of a cannon doesnt equal getting shot by a rocket. circus people tank cannonball fire and get shot out of cannons, but the dont tank rockets for a reason

ScreamPaste
BIG difference between that, and being fired /miles/ into the sky at mach speed. Do you have any idea the kind of force that requires?

Also, advanced tech =/= destructive power. This isn't a musket vs a rifle, this is comparing force applied, and the cannon clearly wins by a larrrge margin.

MooCowofJustice
How about being fired out of said Cannon miles into the sky...

Or back from that location, straight into the ground?

SuperLuigi
i played the game. that wasnt mach speed. seriously landing after being shot from a cannon and getting shot by a rocket do not compare at all.

MooCowofJustice
You're missing the point. Shot out of a Cannon from miles in the sky directly into the ground.

ScreamPaste
It'd have to be atleast mach speed for him to cover that kind of distance no expression Especially in that short of a time...

SuperLuigi
time? it fades out til he lands. and i understand the durability of him sticking the landing (said it earlier) but when facing a destructive explosion (like the walking bombs) he is less durable. the type of damage dealt to him is different.

ScreamPaste
... mariofacepalm

XanatosForever
advancement = destructive power. example musket vs shotgun. example stone knife vs Cutco knife. example shovel vs jackhammer.

Holy sweet **** of the beast, you actually referenced CutCo? no expression

Ridley_Prime
the best version of him, im guessing doom3 version
That one can only be harmed by the Soul Cube though, which Link doesn't have. I assumed we were going by the original to make it more fair, not that it matters to me really.

rockets to the face would be one reason
And the fact punches don't work against Cybey in-game unless you have the powerup that temporarily grants you superhuman strength.

and once he's in Cyber Demon's face, the rockets will damage his oppoenent as well..
Cybey is immune to his own rockets actually.

But yeah, TP Link can over-power the Cyberdemon, unless it has a showing of strength on par with his own.. And unless it's particularly durable, there's no reason he can't simply tear it's head off. no expression
Cyberdemon is particularly durable. Probably one of the most well-known things about it, if anything.

But yeah, Link could probably beat Cyberdemon with no weapon at all =/
With certain weapons, yeah. He gets by easily, but unarmed would be suicide.

ScreamPaste
Ganondorf can only be hurt by thye master sword/light arrows. This is turned off for vs debates.
Link does have superhuman strength, by a very large margin...
cool.

How durable? Link is /very/ strong.
How so? I admit I haven't played Doom 3, so I'm not seeing how it would be so hard for Link. :/

Burning thought
Its not turned off, whats turned off is aspects of characters that would make them unbeatable. What your tlaking of is a no limits fallacy like the cube.

What we do know however is that the Cyberdemon survives countless rounds of the huge BFG weapon, chainguns, plasma weapons and other high tech devices and only the cube can harm him out of all of those.

SuperLuigi
the original bfg took 2 shots to kill the cyberdemon. the soul cube is a plot device similar to the master sword. therefore would be turned off.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.