Batman vs Rhino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
standard gear for bats (no batmobile). they fight on a deserted island.

KingD19
Batman does to Rhino what he does to Killer Croc. Straps explosives to his chest, instant ko. Unless Rhino falls in a pool of quicksand or something.

tkitna
Rhino loses as he always does.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by tkitna
Rhino loses as he always does.

He's the best in what he does stick out tongue

Digi
Realistically, Rhino's durability >>>> Croc's. Nothing Bats has in his standard gear could put a dent in Rhino. Is Rhino dumb? yes. Is Batman Batman? Sure. But there's a limit to what we can consider to be CIS's limits.

jalek moye
Rhino should win, but I have a feeling Batman might make him do something really stupid and lose.

Digi
Originally posted by jalek moye
Rhino should win, but I have a feeling Batman might make him do something really stupid and lose.

That's a lot of peoples' feeling. But let's put him up against, say, Aunt May. And I don't mean in a "lol, May pwns" way, but seriously. She dies, and fast. So there's a limit to CIS here. And while he is an amusing forum punchline, he has taken Spider-Man down more than once. He has fought against the Hulk more than once, not winning but holding his own for a while. And he is capable of beating heroes/villains/etc. despite his less-than-stellar intelligence.

So again, with only standard equipment and a desert island, even Batman's intellect is limited here. You could make a Spider v. Bats with the same stipulations, and Spider-Man would roll. And I guarantee you Spidey doesn't take 10/10 off of Rhino in this fight, again in such a limiting environment. So where does that leave Batman? Not well off.

So there will be a lot of people with similar opinions to "well, Batman could find a way," but won't have the faintest idea how he'd find it. And until I see it, Rhino wins this easy, and every time.

Parmaniac
Originally posted by Digi
So there will be a lot of people with similar opinions to "well, Batman could find a way," but won't have the faintest idea how he'd find it. And until I see it, Rhino wins this easy, and every time.

his fan(boy)s would come up with his martial arts...

to be honest I think most of spideys villains can take out Batman without prep in H2H without much effort

jalek moye
didn't notice it was on a desert Island, yea then Rhino wins every time. Spider-man tends to win by beating him with objects and having him run into things. Not really an option here

Master Court
One simple way I can think of, and I'm not bs'ing here, is Batman could blind Rhino with a flashbang as Rhino charges and trip him up with a bat-grapple so that he BFR's himself into the ocean.

I'm not saying that ends it though. Or that he could keep doing it. Inevitably, Batman runs out of gadgets, tactical plays, and island, and Rhino would win from there on out.

tkitna
Doesnt Batman always carry some type of knockout gas? It really would be that simple.

Rhino loses yet again.

KingD19
Well, he can plant the explosives on Rhino's face.

chomperx9
batman can out smart rhino at any time.

grimify
Batman

Eternal Idol
That's a lot of peoples' feeling. But let's put him up against, say, Aunt May. And I don't mean in a "lol, May pwns" way, but seriously. She dies, and fast. So there's a limit to CIS here. And while he is an amusing forum punchline, he has taken Spider-Man down more than once. He has fought against the Hulk more than once, not winning but holding his own for a while. And he is capable of beating heroes/villains/etc. despite his less-than-stellar intelligence.

So again, with only standard equipment and a desert island, even Batman's intellect is limited here. You could make a Spider v. Bats with the same stipulations, and Spider-Man would roll. And I guarantee you Spidey doesn't take 10/10 off of Rhino in this fight, again in such a limiting environment. So where does that leave Batman? Not well off.

BruceSkywalker
batman will simply outsmart him for the easy victory

Knowsbleed33
Realistically, Rhino's durability >>>> Croc's. Nothing Bats has in his standard gear could put a dent in Rhino. Is Rhino dumb? yes. Is Batman Batman? Sure. But there's a limit to what we can consider to be CIS's limits. Originally posted by Digi

Double QFT.

psycho gundam
i agree with digi here.

rhino just needs one clean hit and batman's close to the brink. rhino on the other hand can take pretty much anything batman has, gas may be the only saviour but would it be too late for batman to realize this once everything else fails?

rhino's strength has no parallels in bat's rogues gallery, and since he's not fighting with a team, the heat's going to be on batman and only batman the entire fight.

shaggy binx
it would basically be the same as fighting bane only rhino isn't as smart batman wins

thanos-prime
Rhino

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by shaggy binx
it would basically be the same as fighting bane only rhino isn't as smart batman wins

Rhino is on another level compared to Bane.

shaggy binx
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Rhino is on another level compared to Bane. how do you figure they both have enhanced strengh and durability

Knowsbleed33
Rhino is an 85 tonner or so with top tier durability.

Bane at this strongest could lift what? 1,000lbs?

occultdestroyer
how do you figure they both have enhanced strengh and durability
no expression

Bane is nowhere near as durable nor as strong as Rhino.
Nowhere at all.

Based on the stips, Batman would lose.
He only carries a limited amount of gadgets in his utility belt.
Without a better surrounding (ie. a city), Batman will quickly run out of options.
And all it takes for Rhino to kill Batman is one solid blow.

shaggy binx
batman held his own against darkseid with his standard gadgets before the jla showed up i doubt rhino would fare so well

Mindset
lol

shaggy binx
Originally posted by Mindset
lol wats so funny

Mindset
yo mama!

shaggy binx
yo mama! wats REALLY FUNNY is the fact that ur mom has a wooden leg wit a bird house in it and lives in a 2 story dorito bag i wish i knew u so i could duct tape a diaper to ur face 2 stop the sh1t from coming out

Mindset
i wish i knew you so i could take right in your face

shaggy binx

Knowsbleed33
a 2 story dorito bag?

psycho gundam
don't think, just laugh.

shaggy binx

Mindset

shaggy binx
i thought we were talking and if any1 is slow its u for asking me wat a 2 story dorito bag is

Knowsbleed33

shaggy binx

Paola
shaggy binx: Insulting, offensive or vulgar posts will be removed along with your KMC membership, keep that in mind in your next post.

Mindset
i thought we were talking and if any1 is slow its u for asking me wat a 2 story dorito bag is i never asked you anything hombre

shut down the clown

Knowsbleed33

Paola
please stay on topic

shaggy binx
i never asked you anything hombre

shut down the clown thats wicked clown and proud of it

Paola
*sigh*

you guys have MSN?

go fight over there

Paola
thank u... reopening...

guy222
Rhino should win

Metalmanx

yes

weaponx510
Originally posted by Metalmanx
yes

you all that think rhino would win must not know who he is ive seen black cat whoop rhino and im sure batman is above her....im pretty sure i could beat rhino in a fight if i try hard enoughyes

batman wins this with little effort 10/10

thanos-prime
Originally posted by weaponx510
you all that think rhino would win must not know who he is ive seen black cat whoop rhino and im sure batman is above her....im pretty sure i could beat rhino in a fight if i try hard enoughyes

batman wins this with little effort 10/10 no cis and bats can't win

Parmaniac
question. here on KMC we go by feats right? But what if someone like Rhino jobs nearly all the time does this still count as low showings and we still use his feats or is this "jobberaura" also part of him here?

godking
it would basically be the same as fighting bane only rhino isn't as smart batman wins Batman has nothing with which to hurt Rhino

unless Rhino gets bored batman loses under the match stipulations.

Kris Blaze
Realistically, Rhino's durability >>>> Croc's. Nothing Bats has in his standard gear could put a dent in Rhino. Is Rhino dumb? yes. Is Batman Batman? Sure. But there's a limit to what we can consider to be CIS's limits.

Nothing he can do that can put a dent in Rhino?

Explosive batrang to the mouth. Gas to the mouth.

Lostedge
Batmans "wins" against Superman, Spider-man and most of the fights posted here (According to majority in KCM), but loses to Rhino ... Ok

This is going against the fact that even if there is almost no chance for Batman to win, he still finds away. It will take only one hit from Rhino, but batman can throw "explosive batrang directly to Rhinos big mouth and then pump it full of sleeping gas".

Survivor19
Thing is, he would need to land it first.

That he can do easily.

Phantom Ghost
So gas, sonics, tranqs, and custom made taser made to take out even Solomon Grundy and Croc wouldn't do anything to Rhino?

I seem to recall Cap taking out Rhino with a kick to the face while he was struggling for air.

The Nuul
Just like in Hush Bats vs Supes, he would start of with sonics that makes Rhino go deaf or a flash band that blinds him, then some sleeping gas....he has his ways.

SuperLuigi
batman uses waves his cape rhino charges batman moves rhino falls in the ocean and drowns.

grimify
Originally posted by Phantom Ghost
So gas, sonics, tranqs, and custom made taser made to take out even Solomon Grundy and Croc wouldn't do anything to Rhino?

I seem to recall Cap taking out Rhino with a kick to the face while he was struggling for air.

If it was Cap vs Rhino everyone would be saying Cap. ;P

Anyway, Batman would take this without breaking a sweat.

weaponx510
Originally posted by thanos-prime
no cis and bats can't win

actually bats wins with ease....i cant eve see rhino tagging him once

Digi
Originally posted by Parmaniac
question. here on KMC we go by feats right? But what if someone like Rhino jobs nearly all the time does this still count as low showings and we still use his feats or is this "jobberaura" also part of him here?

Even during "low showings" there's still enough force to take him down believably. It's usually just a plot device that does it. CIS can be considered in forum battles, but see my earlier comments on why there are limits to what CIS can produce.

geshien
Digi summed it up, anything suggesting otherwise or if you're just a juggalo; facepalm.

Kris Blaze
Even during "low showings" there's still enough force to take him down believably. It's usually just a plot device that does it. CIS can be considered in forum battles, but see my earlier comments on why there are limits to what CIS can produce.

http://i799.photobucket.com/albums/yy275/llagrok/Fun%20shit/1251595438624.jpg

Digi
laughing out loud

weaponx510
lol Rhino fanboys i didnt think you guys exiseted

Digi
lol Rhino fanboys i didnt think you guys exiseted

fanboys? That's implies irrational backing of a character because you like them a lot. Frankly, I think myself and a few others have presented a very logical and convincing case for him. The level of disrespect he gets for his lack of intelligence is disproportionate to the handicap that it actually is.

Personally though, I don't like him at all. But I rarely choose sides in a fight because of personal liking or lack thereof. I'm a far bigger Batman fan, but unlike those that love to see their favorite character win in any situation, I think it's much more respectful of a character to understand their limitations and judge them accordingly.

Sir Faceman
I tend to agree with Digi. Rhino's dam fast, I don't think Batman has enough gas to cover the whole Island. Rhino can just charge through any gas attack.
Rhino's also taken high artillery shells before , so I don't think Batman has the fire power to take him down. So I guess the question would be.

Can Batman take Rhino out with nerve strikes ?

Digi
Originally posted by Sir Faceman
Can Batman take Rhino out with nerve strikes ?

The answer: Heavens no. Also, strength grants a measure of speed due to the force behind movement and the ability to make rapid changes. And the speed with which to tag Spider-Man occasionally = the speed with which to crush the Batman pretty damn quickly.

weaponx510
fanboys? That's implies irrational backing of a character because you like them a lot. Frankly, I think myself and a few others have presented a very logical and convincing case for him. The level of disrespect he gets for his lack of intelligence is disproportionate to the handicap that it actually is.

Personally though, I don't like him at all. But I rarely choose sides in a fight because of personal liking or lack thereof. I'm a far bigger Batman fan, but unlike those that love to see their favorite character win in any situation, I think it's much more respectful of a character to understand their limitations and judge them accordingly.

only a fanboy would think batman would loose because ive seen black cat beat him so why cant batman......like what was said before sleeping gas would end the fight very quickly batman wins 10/10

Mshinu
All Bats need to do is sketching a stick figure of himself on a big rock and Rhino will charge it and knock himself out....

psycho gundam
rhino is also like 95% covered in artillery proof armour/hide or whatever that shit is, nerve strikes shouldn't have much effect unless there are ones in the face region. the major drawback would be that batman would be uber close to rhino and that's like trying to unscrew the j-box and cut the wires of a trash compactor...while your in the thing and it's running.

batman's getting an L

h1a8
Isn't Rhinos face vulnerable to some of batman gear? If so then batman has a good chance. But good point Digi.

Sir Faceman

Digi
More than a few have mentioned knockout gas. I realize that it's always assumed that Batman has everything, even when he doesn't have a lot of it as standard gear. But can we confirm that it is part of his standard equipment? Gas bombs, yes, I've seen them dozens of times. But those don't contain knockout gas, which is a far (far) less frequent gadget.

Because yes, this is the only possible win against Rhino. And even it isn't assured. In a "Ready? GO!" scenario from standard KMC distance, we're talking about Batman needing to KO him with the as-yet-unconfirmed gas in maybe 15-20 seconds before his body is utterly broken. But there isn't another way. Nothing else Batman has in standard equipment would even bother Rhino. Faceman's stats above should more than confirm that.

only a fanboy would think batman would loose because ive seen black cat beat him so why cant batman......like what was said before sleeping gas would end the fight very quickly batman wins 10/10

Clearly you're using the term incorrectly. I explained it's common usage to you, and you did nothing to refute that. But if you insist on attempting to use it as a thinly veiled insult, I'm done discussing anything with you.

h1a8
Batman has bombs which can cause more damage than a bullet. Rhino may be tough but I'm fairly sure his natural skin can't withstand high caliber bullets (his hide probably can though). Plus didn't Captain America ko Rhino with a hit to the face before? Rhino's face is highly vulnerable to being damage.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by h1a8
Batman has bombs which can cause more damage than a bullet. Rhino may be tough but I'm fairly sure his natural skin can't withstand high caliber bullets (his hide probably can though). Plus didn't Captain America ko Rhino with a hit to the face before? Rhino's face is highly vulnerable to being damage.
Rhino has withstood bomb explosions and high artillery fire.

What makes Batman's bombs anything special?

geshien

Rhino has also taken shots to the face from the Hulk and was still standing. Highly vulnerable indeed. erm

Rhino isn't so stupid that backed by that kind of power he would lose to anyone who is that physically inferior with nothing to aid them in bringing him down.

The thread starter obviously thought it was clever to make this thread for obvious reasons.

Those who have common sense will tell you that in no way should Batman win, but because of reputations, this debate has made it passed 2 pages.

It's like the Chuck Norris meme; It's fashionable and fun so people are all in agreement that Chuck Norris is God, to the point where folks are pretty faithful to keeping the joke alive. Batman isn't innocent of this psychology and neither is the Rhino, although they are done in the opposite manner of the other.

Batman has a legacy, which is attributed to many things. He's like McGuyver, with kung-fu, but in the end, he can only do so much. And with the resources he has for this fight, he's screwed. If the thread said anything about prep, this would be a very different discussion.

Rhino has a tradition in jobbing out because he fills the stereotypical role of a dumb muscle head. Rhino is not a complex character by any means, and so there isn't a whole lot invested in a character like that hence, why Rhino's a jobber.

That said, Batman winning is PIS/CIS.

Rhino wins 10/10

Eternal Idol
Batman's face is highly vulnerable to being shattered by Rhino's fist.
Fixed.

Phantom Zone
I could see Batman winning if he was able to make Rhino swallow a grenade. Batman has also stunned Solomon Grundy with punches and hurt Captain Marvel with a kick, its not a common feat for Batman but if Batmanis really lucky he could KO Rhino.

Im giving it to Rhino 8/10.

leonidas
Originally posted by geshien
The thread starter obviously thought it was clever to make this thread for obvious reasons.

"thought it was clever"? no expression

WAS damn clever! big grin

Phantom Ghost
Except knockout gas has always been a regular part of Bruce's arsenal. Even he uses it on regular street thugs from time to time.

You make it sound like Bruce has never managed to roll with hits before from a heavy hitters or even dodge attacks from people much faster then Rhino.

Again I ask: sonics, tranqs, high powered tasers, and flash bangs wouldn't do anything to Rhino? Those are a regular part of his arsenal and they would seriously hurt him.

I would think Cap tricking Rhino into using up air and then knocking him out a kick to the face is a good example of how Bruce could win. Or how about Kraven KOing him with a tranq?

h1a8
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Rhino has withstood bomb explosions and high artillery fire.

Not to the face. His face is not very durable my friend.

h1a8
Rhino has also taken shots to the face from the Hulk and was still standing. Highly vulnerable indeed. erm

Rhino isn't so stupid that backed by that kind of power he would lose to anyone who is that physically inferior with nothing to aid them in bringing him down.

Those who have common sense will tell you that in no way should Batman win, but because of reputations, this debate has made it passed 2 pages.

It's like the Chuck Norris meme; It's fashionable and fun so people are all in agreement that Chuck Norris is God, to the point where folks are pretty faithful to keeping the joke alive. Batman isn't innocent of this psychology and neither is the Rhino, although they are done in the opposite manner of the other.

Batman has a legacy, which is attributed to many things. He's like McGuyver, with kung-fu, but in the end, he can only do so much. And with the resources he has for this fight, he's screwed. If the thread said anything about prep, this would be a very different discussion.

Rhino has a tradition in jobbing out because he fills the stereotypical role of a dumb muscle head. Rhino is not a complex character by any means, and so there isn't a whole lot invested in a character like that hence, why Rhino's a jobber.

That said, Batman winning is PIS/CIS.

Rhino wins 10/10
Nearly every one has taken a hit from Hulk (Captain America, Spider-man, etc.). That doesn't mean they can withstand high artillery fire in the face now do it?

Hulk holds back subconsciously when he fights weaker beings. He is not a killer. That is how characters like Thing and others can hang with him. Hulk doesn't want to kill. Plus Hulk's strength is unpredictable. It could be 100 ton one time or 10000 tons another. Not entirely based off anger but randomness by the writer.

By the mere fact that Rhino has been koed and injured by lesser forces to the face proves that Batman can affect him with his bombs, gas, etc.

Kris Blaze
Rhino 10/10

CIS is always on, on every character always. You don't seem to understand what it means, but it's always implied that it factors in. Which means that Rhino is as intelligent as a sack of potatoes and that Batman is one of the smartest people alive. Now, even if Rhino happened to be really smart, he only has durability and strength going for him.

This doesn't help when you're fighting someone who's really nimble and really agile. Especially not when Rhino can't see through smoke, has very vulnerable eyes and has a very, very vulnerable mouth. Which he opens a lot. So how difficult is it for Batman to make Rhino swallow a pill, grenade or some sort of gas? Not very.

psycho gundam
it's the same reason a tactic like that wouldn't be used in an argument against captain america. nobody would dare claim that batman would throw a pill down cap's throat, even if he came to the conclusion it would be after getting battered quite a bit as the two traded blows for some time. batman is pretty much only relegated to like 3 tools he might carry on him on a regular basis, and them doing the trick is somewhat dubious.

that's where rhino triumphs, bats would be too late to come to such a concision since rhino's stats are simply too great for a normal batman one on one fight to last for that long. imo

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it's the same reason a tactic like that wouldn't happen to captain america. nobody would dare claim that batman would throw a pill down cap's throat, even if he came to the conclusion it would be after getting battered quite a bit as the two traded blows for some time.

that's where rhino triumphs, bats would be too late to come to such a concision since rhino's stats are simply too great for a normal batman one on one fight to last for that long. imo

Batman can't hop around Captain America no expression

psycho gundam
captain america can't run at 100 mph

Kris Blaze
captain america can't run at 100 mph

Rhino can run at 100 mph in a straight line, if he gets time to charge....

psycho gundam
should be a hundred meters give or take

meh

if you take into account the fight batman had with the leader of the mutants where batman had to coax the faster stronger mutant into a mud pit to beat him, batman's not looking too good against the rhino in singular combat against a guy of his weight class.

Kris Blaze
What?

Random incorrectly recalled incident?

psycho gundam
come again?

Philosophía
Edit: Yeah, Batman wins.

psycho gundam
i'm not even going to ask why you have a .gif of that on your drive. facepalm

Philosophía
It's not on my hard drive.

I'll edit it soon anyway, since it takes too much space on this thread.

psycho gundam
good, cause saying my screen name in a negative condentation can cause the life of your first born to cease and bring a pox to your city.

Parmaniac
i'm not even going to ask why you have a .gif of that on your drive. facepalm

laughing by the way from where is that facepalm smiley? I couldn't find him in the smilies block

-K-M-
Meh! If Batman can easily take down Mammoth, Grundy, etc. I don't see why people are giving Rhino 10/10

psycho gundam
just write the code down, it's pretty simple.

Phantom Zone
The answer: Heavens no. Also, strength grants a measure of speed due to the force behind movement and the ability to make rapid changes. And the speed with which to tag Spider-Man occasionally = the speed with which to crush the Batman pretty damn quickly.

So wait a sec Batman has used nerve strikes on WW but he cant use it on Rhino? Wasnt Captain America dancing around Rhino. I also think Kraven The Hunter used a nerve strike on Rhino as well.

Phantom Ghost
Are you trying to compare Cap to Rhino in combat ability? Really?

BTW, Batman carries much more then just 3 gadgets in his belt its more like dozens of gadgets as Bruce likes to come ready for anything.

Except for the fact that Bruce has quickly taken down Lashina with KO gas to the mouth before who also happens to be a super strong brick similar to Rhino.

Why are you using an elseworlds story as evidence? Especially when this story focused around the time when Bruce was way out of his prime.

Phantom Zone
Yeah Kraven did take down Rhino with a punch. So im changing it to 7/10 for Rhino.

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
So wait a sec Batman has used nerve strikes on WW but he cant use it on Rhino? Wasnt Captain America dancing around Rhino. I also think Kraven The Hunter used a nerve strike on Rhino as well.
That's kinda what him and Digi are talking about though: Batman does not have the strength needed to affect top-tiers with nerve strikes. He does it on-panel anyhow, but it falls under "Spider-Man vs. Firelord" circumstances.

Rhino is too strong and too durable for Batman, on top of being fast for a brick.

-K-M-
Mammoth is basically DC's Rhino and he handled him pretty easily *shrugs*

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
That's kinda what him and Digi are talking about though: Batman does not have the strength needed to affect top-tiers with nerve strikes. He does it on-panel anyhow, but it falls under "Spider-Man vs. Firelord" circumstances.

Rhino is too strong and too durable for Batman, on top of being fast for a brick.

No it doesnt come under Spiderman vs Firelord its part of certain street levelers powersets to be able to do this. Basically its I Dont Like It It Didnt Happen. Edit: Its not done with strength its done with skill. Thats how Bullseye can do the things he does.

Hes not too fast either, if Cap can dance around him then so can Batman.

Eternal Idol
No it doesnt come under Spiderman vs Firelord its part of certain street levelers powersets to be able to do this.

Hes not too fast either, if Cap can dance around him then so can Batman.
No, it doesn't necessarily work that way, and it is an example of SMvsFL. Nerve strikes work against other street levelers just fine, and even a few metas... but as the opponent's durability rises, so too must the striker's power in order to remain effective.

I didn't say he was too fast for Batman. I said he was fast for a brick. Batman can dance around him all he wants, but that's all he's gonna be able to accomplish. Meanwhile, Rhino just needs to tag him once.

Phantom Zone
No, it doesn't necessarily work that way, and it is an example of SMvsFL. Nerve strikes work against other street levelers just fine, and even a few metas... but as the opponent's durability rises, so too must the striker's power in order to remain effective.

Yes I understand that I just dont agree with your logic. Its not SMvsFL if its part of their powerset is it? If Cyclops managed to destory a sentinel with an optic blast does that come under SMvsFL, of course not because we know hes capable of doing it. If street levelers have shown that they can do it consistently enough then its not SMvsFL its part of their powerset

How does Bullseye manage to almost KO opponents with a paper aeroplane? How does Bulllseye manage to make a paper aeroplane go through a glass window?

edit: The SMvsFL isnt there anymore actually (not saying it doesnt apply though) but it stated if a character done something consistently than its allowed eg Batman sneaking up on Superman.

Heres what was said orginally.

No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

Eternal Idol
Yes I understand that I just dont agree with your logic. Its not SMvsFL if its part of their powerset is it? If Cyclops managed to destory a sentinel with an optic blast does that come under SMvsFL, of course not because we know hes capable of doing it. If street levelers have shown that they can do it consistently enough then its not SMvsFL its part of their powerset

How does Bullseye manage to almost KO opponents with a paper aeroplane? How does Bulllseye manage to make a paper aeroplane go through a glass window?

edit: The SMvsFL isnt there anymore actually (not saying it doesnt apply though) but it stated if a character done something consistently than its allowed eg Batman sneaking up on Superman.

Difference is, Cyclops can generate enough force into his optic blast to destroy a Sentinel. A street-leveler cannot generate enough force to bypass a brick's durability without chi-amping. It's happened a few times, but I wouldn't say it's nearly consistent enough to take as fact.

I don't agree with your "skills = powerset" stance, unless it's specified for each individual character, such as Karate Kid, Bullseye, Karnak, and Iron Fist... and even some of them have failed to put down bricks in spite of their skills and powers.

Batman sneaking up on Superman is bullshit too. Superman can hear a faint cry for help halfway across the world but he can't hear Batman sneaking up on him? Yeah, it's been shown, but it flat-out ignores Superman's own capabilities... much like street-leveler nerve strikes ignore bricks' durability. That point is moot anyhow, because Superman has already said on-panel that he's always been able to hear Batman trying to sneak up on him. Retcon, yeah... but it pretty much voids any instances of such in the past.

Parmaniac
Batman sneak up Supes is pure PIS Supes can hear heartbeats of people he detects Mongul by this in a comic so:

1. a step is ALWAYS louder than a heartbeat

2. Batman also got a heart that beats...

Phantom Zone
Difference is, Cyclops can generate enough force into his optic blast to destroy a Sentinel. A street-leveler cannot generate enough force to bypass a brick's durability without chi-amping. It's happened a few times, but I wouldn't say it's nearly consistent enough to take as fact.

Nah man is has loads of times.

I don't agree with your "skills = powerset" stance, unless it's specified for each individual character, such as Karate Kid, Bullseye, Karnak, and Iron Fist... and even some of them have failed to put down bricks in spite of their skills and powers.

Just because people dont always succeed doesnt mean ist not part of their powerset. You didnt really respond to what I said really, according to your logic Bullseye shouldnt be able to Ko a person with a paper aeroplane or shatter glass with it.

Batman sneaking up on Superman is bullshit too. Superman can hear a faint cry for help halfway across the world but he can't hear Batman sneaking up on him? Yeah, it's been shown, but it flat-out ignores Superman's own capabilities... much like street-leveler nerve strikes ignore bricks' durability. That point is moot anyhow, because Superman has already said on-panel that he's always been able to hear Batman trying to sneak up on him. Retcon, yeah... but it pretty much voids any instances of such in the past.

Anyway the rules say that consistency is part of whats accepted even if it was retconned.

Ok so lets see if I can get this straight.

1. If its in a comic its PIS.
2. If its part of the forum rules its bullshit.

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Batman sneak up Supes is pure PIS Supes can hear heartbeats of people he detects Mongul by this in a comic so:

1. a step is ALWAYS louder than a heartbeat

2. Batman also got a heart that beats...

mate its a comicbook that logic doesnt always apply. Hell somebody on herochat is arguing that you can jump faster than you can run. Comics contradict it.

weaponx510
WTF batman haters you honostley think batman cant beat the biggest loser in marvel screw u guys

Eternal Idol
Nah man is has loads of times.
Loads of times, but if one looked hard enough, one would find just as many examples of street-level nerve strikes being ineffective on bricks as one would of them being effective... maybe even more. For something to be consistent, it has to have a clear majority of showings. That just isn't the case.

Just because people dont always succeed doesnt mean ist not part of their powerset. You didnt really respond to what I said really, according to your logic Bullseye shouldnt be able to Ko a person with a paper aeroplane or shatter glass with it.
Bullseye's throwing ability defies physics, but his is the ability to hit something with perfect accuracy and with sufficient force; thus, anything he throws is a weapon. It doesn't really make sense, but that is his specified ability.

Anyway the rules say that consistency is part of whats accepted even if it was retconned.

Ok so lets see if I can get this straight.

1. If its in a comic its PIS.
2. If its part of the forum rules its bullshit.

Just because it happened on-panel doesn't mean it's absolute and unquestionable. Captain America using pressure points on Hulk, Luke Cage punching out Doom, Spider-Man knocking out Firelord, Misty Knight bitchslapping Rhino, Batman harming the Spectre, Black Panther armbarring Surfer.... all examples of PIS.

Quoting Digi in the Forum Rules thread:
"No Mentioning Events of PIS... Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman."

Superman not hearing Batman trying to sneak up on him would fall under PIS according to forum rules. So yeah, that's about right.

Phantom Zone
Loads of times, but if one looked hard enough, one would find just as many examples of street-level nerve strikes being ineffective on bricks as one would of them being effective... maybe even more. For something to be consistent, it has to have a clear majority of showings. That just isn't the case.

No not really, pretty much consistent for Cap. Very consistent for Karate Kid.

Bullseye's throwing ability defies physics, but his is the ability to hit something with perfect accuracy and with sufficient force; thus, anything he throws is a weapon. It doesn't really make sense, but that is his specified ability.

Exactly hurting and stunning bricks defies physics as well.

Just because it happened on-panel doesn't mean it's absolute and unquestionable. Captain America using pressure points on Hulk, Luke Cage punching out Doom, Spider-Man knocking out Firelord, Misty Knight bitchslapping Rhino, Batman harming the Spectre, Black Panther armbarring Surfer.... all examples of PIS.

First of all some of those characters havent done it consistently enough, Cap has. There were circumstances for Batman hurting Spectre so it doesnt apply.

Once again Cap has consistently hurt and stunned bricks on a regular basis.

Quoting Digi in the Forum Rules thread:
"No Mentioning Events of PIS... Plot Induced Stupidity, or PIS, is when characters don't use their abilities or skills to the fullest extent as shown before, even within their personality ranges, for the sake of the story plotline. It makes lesser powered characters an actual challenge against higher powered characters in the comics. Examples of PIS include Flash stories lasting longer than three panels, or Toy Man as a threat to Superman."

Superman not hearing Batman trying to sneak up on him would fall under PIS according to forum rules. So yeah, that's about right.

So lets see if I can get this straight. I just pointed out to you according to forum rules that Batman sneaking up on Superman is acceptable according to forum rules ( I also explained why it was acceptable due to forum rules consistency), and now you're telling me it isn't?

Eternal Idol
No not really, pretty much consistent for Cap. Very consistent for Karate Kid.
Karate Kid has "superkarate" from the future that can't be explained. He can also chi-amp, if I remember correctly. Cap has the Jobber aura.

Exactly hurting and stunning bricks defies physics as well.
Not with enough force, heat, energy, etc... You know, the kind street-levelers usually lack.

First of all some of those characters havent done it consistently enough, Cap has. There were circumstances for Batman hurting Spectre so it doesnt apply.

Once again Cap has consistently hurt and stunned bricks on a regular basis.

Unless all or most street-levelers with similiar strength and skills can duplicate these feats, then it is that much more absurd for only a handful of (popular) streets to be able to do so regularly or even at all.

So lets see if I can get this straight. I just pointed out to you according to forum rules that Batman sneaking up on Superman is acceptable according to forum rules ( I also explained why it was acceptable due to forum rules consistency), and now you're telling me it isn't?

Where exactly in the forum rules does it say what you've quoted earlier? I took a quick glance, but didn't see it. If it's not there, maybe it was removed for a reason..... like, it's illogical for Superman not to hear Batman sneaking up on him, for example.

Batman's attacks should not register on the Rhino.

Phantom Zone
Karate Kid has "superkarate" from the future that can't be explained. He can also chi-amp, if I remember correctly. Cap has the Jobber aura.

Prove it. You said that there are lots of examples that Cap isn't able to do this consistently enough. So feel free to list the examples of him not being able to stun and hurt bricks.

Not with enough force, heat, energy, etc... You know, the kind street-levelers usually lack.

Sorry mate you missed the point entirely. Bullseyes skills defies physics, so does Caps. You're basically picking and choosing what you like and contradicting yourself.

Unless all or most street-levelers with similiar strength and skills can duplicate these feats, then it is that much more absurd for only a handful of (popular) streets to be able to do so regularly or even at all.

You think that maybe that some people are more skilled than others possibly?

Where exactly in the forum rules does it say what you've quoted earlier? I took a quick glance, but didn't see it. If it's not there, maybe it was removed for a reason..... like, it's illogical for Superman not to hear Batman sneaking up on him, for example.

Hey you quoted SMvFL not me, im simply showing you what it said. Anyway it was removed because they wanted the rules pruned not because it didn't apply.

grimify

Your Batman hate is funny. smile

weaponx510
Originally posted by grimify

exactly black cat hurts the rhino and batman cant you all have no logic

batdude123

I liked your post better before you edited it.

weaponx510
rhino feels that bat-bitchslap he's done

grimify
Originally posted by batdude123
I liked your post better before you edited it.

I didn't feel like getting into an argument. stick out tongue

h1a8
Batman can win at least a few with some gas, bombs, etc. A batarang to the eyes could definitely swing things in his favor.

Raptor22
should a street leveler be able to ko or hurt bricks no. but they do. should people be able to fly, run ftl, turn invisable etc. no but they do. so to argue that even though bats or others do it consistantly it shouldnt count because it defys physics or something like that. should bats be able to hurt a high level brick no but he has so he has the powa to do so. should a person after being in a gamma explosion live and get super powers no. but it happend. it just is what it is, fictional stories where somethings dont make sense but thats how it is. serioulsy is bats sneaking up on supes much more unbelievable than a baby from another planet landing here, absorbing our sunlight and getting super powers?

manx422
Batman

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Raptor22
should a street leveler be able to ko or hurt bricks no. but they do. should people be able to fly, run ftl, turn invisable etc. no but they do. so to argue that even though bats or others do it consistantly it shouldnt count because it defys physics or something like that. should bats be able to hurt a high level brick no but he has so he has the powa to do so. should a person after being in a gamma explosion live and get super powers no. but it happend. it just is what it is, fictional stories where somethings dont make sense but thats how it is. serioulsy is bats sneaking up on supes much more unbelievable than a baby from another planet landing here, absorbing our sunlight and getting super powers?

thumb up

Kris Blaze
I must've missed the stipulation where it said that Batman is only allowed to use his bare hands.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
I must've missed the stipulation where it said that Batman is only allowed to use his bare hands.

as well as the stipulation that Batman will just stand there and not leap over him

and also when a man is learning the martial arts breaking bricks is all part of the regimen

Lord Feron
Batman could win...elaboratly.. Like blinding him and shoving a knockout nade into his mouth. He either chokes or gets knocked out by the knock out gas. Other than that BAtman is pretty screwed according to the stips.

psycho gundam
nobody's saying batman can't win, it's just that rhino just needs to land one solid blow (or glancing for that matter) to start the shitball rolling down hill for batman.

rhino is quite quick, he's just entirely one dimensional. against the offensive power of batman though, the strength, speed, and durability of the rhino especially with his newer suit should spell a victory for him more times than not.

Phantom Zone
nobody's saying batman can't win, it's just that rhino just needs to land one solid blow (or glancing for that matter) to start the shitball rolling down hill for batman.

rhino is quite quick, he's just entirely one dimensional. against the offensive power of batman though, the strength, speed, and durability of the rhino especially with his newer suit should spell a victory for him more times than not.

Why was Cap dancing around Rhino? Why did Kraven have no trouble taking him out? I dont remember Cage having problems tagging him.

Juk3n
Flash 'nade
Gas 'nade
Eye shots

Bats armor can roll with a swinging arm shot from a fumbling Rhino, not a charging one.

Batman wins, too smart, too many options.

Digi

thumb up

BruceSkywalker

Batman is much more quicker than Rhino... He also is much smarter than Rhino will ever be

psycho gundam
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0409/1_49.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0201/2_18.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0098/3_29.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0005/4_6.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0904/5_18.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0307/6_3.jpg

rhino's face isn't the achillies heel people are making it out to be.

Phantom Zone
http://f.imagehost.org/t/0409/1_49.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0201/2_18.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0098/3_29.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0005/4_6.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0904/5_18.jpg http://f.imagehost.org/t/0307/6_3.jpg

rhino's face isn't the achillies heel people are making it out to be.

That still didn't stop him from getting Koed by Kraven. I should post scans of Rhino covering his face from a nail gun that Cap was firing at him.

Posting scans of Rhino taking a shot from a bazooka doesnt disprove anything because highly skilled street levelers can still hurt and stun them despite that.

grimify
That still didn't stop him from getting Koed by Kraven. I should post scans of Rhino covering his face from a nail gun that Cap was firing at him.

Posting scans of Rhino taking a shot from a bazooka doesnt disprove anything because highly skilled street levelers can still hurt and stun them despite that.

Not to mention in the scans he got completely owned by a human with tech. Batman just happens to be an incredibly skilled peak human with plenty of explosives, gas, and a very high-powered taser.

Phantom Zone
Not to mention in the scans he got completely owned by a human with tech. Batman just happens to be an incredibly skilled peak human with plenty of explosives, gas, and a very high-powered taser.

Thats kinda what I was thinking, Y'know Punisher was aiming for his face because it was more vulnerable than anywhere else. Im thinking maybe several well placed (or not) explosive could do the same to Rhino.

Edit: Hell I just looked at the scans again his mouth is wide open. Bats gets one win explosive via mouth. Thanks pg you just owned yourself.

psycho gundam
facepalm how did i own myself?

i just put up scans of rhino taking two consecutive attacks to the face by powerful weaponry "arguably" more powerful than what the dark knight carries on him qualifying as standard.

if they're is something wrong with that, make a convincing argument proving so.

Phantom Zone
facepalm how did i own myself?

i just put up scans of rhino taking two consecutive attacks to the face by powerful weaponry "arguably" more powerful than what the dark knight carries on him qualifying as standard.

if they're is something wrong with that, make a convincing argument proving so.

I really need to explain? First of all Punisher isn't as fast as Batman, secondly like I said his mouth is wide open.....explosive in the mouth for the win.

psycho gundam
again, posters are relying on that to work since that's the only means of batman to win, and it's a potentially lethal move no doubt.

i mean, no feel out process, just straight "my opponent has a mouth, and it's just begging to get my most powerful explosive casually tossed into it."

batdude123
again, posters are relying on that to work since that's the only means of batman to win, and it's a potentially lethal move no doubt.

Not really. smile

-K-M-
Once again Mammoth and even Blockbuster are very similar to Rhino and Batman has had no real troubles putting them down. So I don't see why Rhino would win a dominant fight, but hey that's just me.

psycho gundam
you're right, rhino will tank it and be the wiser for the next volley. smile

h1a8

There are many moot arguments here. I'm pretty sure Rhino can win a few. With that being said the key thing in this fight is

Rhinos uncovered face vs. Batman's gadgets, skill, and agility.

Batman has smoke bombs (to prevent Rhino from seeing), knock out gas, highly powerful explosive bombs (which can be generously applied or thrown to Rhinos face), and a formidable batarang (which the corner of it can be applied to Rhinos eyes with a throw). Rhino is only quick linearly and after building up sufficient speed. He is never instant fast nor laterally fast.

Along with Batman's smarts, skills, etc. Rhino has enough dumbness for Batman to succeed more times than fail.

Eternal Idol
I didn't realize arguing against a popular character when the odds seem against him was the same as hating the character. Live and learn, I guess. The Punisher is one of my favorite characters, but I've found myself arguing against him in several threads here, so I guess I must hate him too after all... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Great. Let's just shut down the versus forum then, because since it's all a fictional universe anyway, anything can happen regardless of each character's powersets, and therefore it's anyone's fight regardless of the contenders. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Raptor22
eternalidol what are u arguing that its not a fictional universe or that anything cant happen. im not implying that because its fictional we can just make shit up. just that the things they have been shown to do on a consistant basis can be used here. it seems like ur saying that since bruce is a regular person he shouldnt be able to do the stuff he does. but the problem is hes not a regular person hes a made up character in a made up world and can do what ever the writers want him to. u might not like it but thats how it is.

Raptor22
i think some people get too hung up on the fact that these characters are regular humans. there not. they almost all can do things no real human can. if they limited them to a real humans powerset then almost all their feats would be disregarded. regular humans cant dodge bullets. batman is portrayed as a regular human but can dodge bullets. by your logic he couldnt in here because hes a human and dodging bullets isnt in a regular humans power set.

Eternal Idol
Prove it. You said that there are lots of examples that Cap isn't able to do this consistently enough. So feel free to list the examples of him not being able to stun and hurt bricks.
Reading comprehension beyond your grasp? I said that while Cap has all these feats, other skilled streets don't have that same record against bricks h2h. When they do win, it's usually due to plot device, and not because some technique of theirs somehow overcame the brick's durability.

I can't be bothered to look for examples for either side of the argument, especially not now that I'm working overnight for the rest of the week. Maybe I'll look around later if nobody else has already posted a few by then.

Sorry mate you missed the point entirely. Bullseyes skills defies physics, so does Caps. You're basically picking and choosing what you like and contradicting yourself.

No, you simply ignored what I said earlier. Bullseye has dead-on accuracy and throws anything with a hell of a lot of force, enough so that you get these insane feats of breaking glass with a toothpick or knocking someone out with a paper airplane. That's his specified ability... that anything he throws is a weapon. Even still, there are limits as to how much damage his throws can do.

Cap, being a great fighter with some small degree of superhuman strength, can easily put a hurting on metas with lower-end durability. Of course, regardless of his skills, he'd be harder pressed to do so as his opponent's durability increases. His success against anyone with higher-end durability and strength is pretty farfetched, considering other characters who are nearly as skilled and almost as strong haven't had as much luck as he's had.
You think that maybe that some people are more skilled than others possibly?
Not nearly enough to make a difference. Cap affecting bricks like the Hulk, while guys like Iron Fist and Karnak have miserably failed to phase him in the past is total bullshit any way you care to spin it.

Skills are not powers (excluding special cases like Karate Kid, Bullseye, Iron Fist, Mandarin, etc), but apparently popularity seems to grant all sorts of power.

Hey you quoted SMvFL not me, im simply showing you what it said. Anyway it was removed because they wanted the rules pruned not because it didn't apply.
So then we're ignoring Superman's hearing much like the writers in the past did to work in Batman's favor? In spite of Superman later saying that it's been impossible for Batman to do so because he's always been able to hear him?

Batman owes more to Superman's gullibility or indifference than to his own stealth for that.

Eternal Idol
eternalidol what are u arguing that its not a fictional universe or that anything cant happen. im not implying that because its fictional we can just make shit up. just that the things they have been shown to do on a consistant basis can be used here. it seems like ur saying that since bruce is a regular person he shouldnt be able to do the stuff he does. but the problem is hes not a regular person hes a made up character in a made up world and can do what ever the writers want him to. u might not like it but thats how it is.
It's one thing do suspend disbelief for watching a human character kick a steel door down, or fight his or her way out of a mob..... but watching them put down a villain who is capable of slugging it out with a top-tier for a while or wrecking entire teams on their own, it's just too much to ask for. That's one reason for the PIS rule on this forum.

i think some people get too hung up on the fact that these characters are regular humans. there not. they almost all can do things no real human can. if they limited them to a real humans powerset then almost all their feats would be disregarded. regular humans cant dodge bullets. batman is portrayed as a regular human but can dodge bullets. by your logic he couldnt in here because hes a human and dodging bullets isnt in a regular humans power set.
"Human" characters are capable of all sorts of things real humans would be hardpressed to accomplish... for example, Daredevil jumping across rooftops all night without really breaking a sweat. I understand that, but even with these abilities, they should have their limitations just as real people do. Just because they're comic characters doesn't negate the fact that they're still supposed to be human.

batdude123
It's one thing do suspend disbelief for watching a human character kick a steel door down, or fight his or her way out of a mob..... but watching them put down a villain who is capable of slugging it out with a top-tier for a while or wrecking entire teams on their own, it's just too much to ask for. That's one reason for the PIS rule on this forum.

"Human" characters are capable of all sorts of things real humans would be hardpressed to accomplish... for example, Daredevil jumping across rooftops all night without really breaking a sweat. I understand that, but even with these abilities, they should have their limitations just as real people do. Just because they're comic characters doesn't negate the fact that they're still supposed to be human.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh180/porters54/016-6.jpg

Ha Son

http://i27.tinypic.com/abrthu.jpg

Raptor22
eternalidol i do see where ur coming from, but i respectfuly disagree. i see it as through training or whatever the writers use as a reason, that doing amazing things no human can is part of his powerset and he can do things no human can do too an extent. i think we disagree on to what extent that is.

Creshosk

"Human" characters are capable of all sorts of things real humans would be hardpressed to accomplish... for example, Daredevil jumping across rooftops all night without really breaking a sweat. I understand that, but even with these abilities, they should have their limitations just as real people do. Just because they're comic characters doesn't negate the fact that they're still supposed to be human. This is why people say that you hate batman.

Even though he does something all the time. It's PIS?

You'd suspend the disbelief about radioactivity giving powers instead of cancer, but not batman.

Dardevil can do things beyond a human's limits.. but not batman.

And we're not talking about this guy
JoX-HkOcEuE

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>