Lucas talks EpIII and beyond.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

queeq
Check this out: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,75540,00.html

Kinda cool actually. Hope he gets some decent directing done again after SW.

ToMacco
Okay, what grabbed my attention was when he said he was making NINE two hour movies out of one book.

Is he confirming three more sequels? Sure looks that way.

finti
yeah was wondering about that too

queeq
Mee too, but I certainly doubt that quote is correct. He says by the time he's finished SW took up 30 years of his life. Continuing with three more episodes would make it closer to 40 years.

ToMacco
So what? He's as good as dead. he might as well make three more.

Mujaffa
let's hope he tries out the Hobitt..maybe

ToMacco
What?

finti
lets not

Kane_Starkiller
Not sure if the article's been changed since it was posted, but if you check out the link, it deffinately says SIX movies, not nine.

No more Star Wars movies. Sorry, Guys!

finti
they have changed it cause it said nine, thats why we reacted

queeq
Indeed. It's been fixed now. Just don't let him ever touch The Hobbit.

finti
how can they film the hobbit after LOTR what a downfall that would be

Ushgarak
They could do a lot with Smaug and the Battle of the Five Armies. And they could alter it lots to tie it in more (which would have the principle of Tolkien himself behind it!).

COULD be worthwhile.

But I am glad GL sees himself doing smaller projects in future.

queeq
My only problem with filming the Hobbit: Who would play Bilbo? Ian Holm appears to be a tad old for that.

mah
Sean Connery is....THE HOBBIT!

Darth Ninja
Okay! Back to SW now! As I mention earlier the entire SW story was original to be twelve films, then it was cut to nine and now six. Perhaps GL will write the final Episodes as novels?

finti
12?, I have heard GL talking about the original 9, never 12

Ushgarak
Yeah. He had plans for 12 at first, a nine part story and three 'exploratory' ones about characters but he dumped that almost at once.

Julie
it was ok....not too much info in it...but a nice short read anyway

queeq
Indeed. It was only a vague plan. In the end he worked out one story: ANH. More films only came into view after SW became succesful.

Darth Ninja
GL stated that as he was writing the script to ESB, that he realized no matter how many films he made, he couldn't write about everything and everyone in the SW galaxy. Therefore, he left it up to dedicated SF authors to write more stories about SW. This is the origin of EU.

queeq
That's because the idea grew and grew.

finti
like his beard

Darth Ninja
and his money.
laughing out loud

Julie
we can hope for more new star wars movies....hope hope hope

mah
I don't

queeq
A new hope?

finti
the sequel

Ushgarak
A New Hope 2, the Revenge of Vader!

KJ
As much as I want him to make more Star Wars movies, I can't wait to see what he does next.

The best part about that interview is how he doesn't give a dam about what any critics say.

finti
he never did care about those critics

queeq
Even when they DO have a point.

KJ
Critics NEVER have a point. "Critic" is the most pointless job on the planet.

Julie
that's a bit on the cynical side...but it's prob true enough

finti
Sometimes critics do have a point, at least when they say a film is dull.
Then it sometimes happens they are right

queeq
Indeed. It might be a coincidence, but they would technically be right.

Ushgarak
Well, I value the opinions of critics. You need SOME way to judge the quality of things that are coming for you cannot simply see everything there is, and any review of something is always going to be critically biased.

I always find it best just to 'calibrate' yourself to a couple of critics, in that you can always be sure where you are likely to disagree with them on something, and make use of their services accordingly.

Critics have done much to promote films that would otherwise have been ignored- for example, virtually the entire PR machine behind Memento was it's critical acclaim.

finti
never bothered to see Memento because of the critic in the local paper spoke highly of it

Ushgarak
It is a film that deserved watching, and it was only watched because of the critical reaction.

queeq
Interesting way of saving a film by way of editing.

justinday15
I read where George Lucas said he was making 9 films out of one book,
but i have read time and time again that he is not making any more Star Wars movies after Ep. III. He said he would make more movies, but
they wouldn't be Star Wars.

That really sucks

justinday15
Any one how do you get those pictures by your name?

Please reply.

GordonSkywalker
Heck if I know. Can we get someone's assistance here??

queeq
Go to support.

Julie
just click on that spot that says no something....right up on the home page by all your PMs....it takes you right to where all the avatars are....that's how I did it anyway

Darth nerf
When he had 12 films in mind the first was supposed to be about the foundation of the Jedi order & the films would have been set over it's entire history. Would have been cool but since that concept has been abandoned, theres been no chance of being more than 6.

queeq
Indeed. No more than 6. I'm not too sure about that 'foundation of the Jedi Order" thing as being part of the saga to start with though. I think that came much later. The story of a boy and his father, both being some sort of Jedi was the basis for it all.

Julie
wow.....how big some small stories can grow to be!

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, I never thought Lucas would ever make anymore Star Wars after the OT. I started to hear rumours as early as late '92, that went on through right before the Special Edition release in early '97. When TPM was first announced)I was watching MTV at the time) I was in shock as I saw "Duel of the Fates" for the very first time!

Julie
I didn't get really into star wars until the special edition....or maybe it was after Phantom...I think I got interested again with SE and then really got into it when Phantom released.....now I'm hooked

GordonSkywalker
Goodness knows I am. I think Star Wars is always going to interest me.

Member.
the saber battles now look so much better than the old ones? were u surprised by that??

GordonSkywalker
Actually, yes. I was quite suprised when I first saw the Maul/Qui Gon/Obi Wan saber battle. It was so well realised. It definetely blew the ones from the OT away as far as I am conerned. And I loved the duel at the end of Clones.

Julie
I dunno which I like better.....

Member.
lol, in the old ones, they just hit eachother with the saberlaughing out loud. and i dont think there was a style.

the_dodo
of course you understand that luke couldve easily been as strong with the lightsaber as the anakin that we see in the new trilogy, its just that he grew up in a universe where his only teachers were physically unable to perform at the level that was once common for a jedi knight... OB1 was simply too old, Yoda was old as well (or should i say even older than what we see now, not to mention weakened by the stress of the last twenty years) and his only saber-capable opponent (Darth Vader) was limited by his mechanical body

Ushgarak
And he started to learn very late.

Member.
yea that toostick out tongue

Julie
yeah he was an old guy when he started.....probably had aching joints and all...

Member.
laughing out loud

GordonSkywalker
I assume we are talking about Obi Wan Kenobi?

Member.
now we're all happybig grin

GordonSkywalker
Oh excellent! Someone break out the good stuff!

queeq
Cheese puffs?

Member.
#EVERYBODY STAND UP# do-dodoo-do-dooo-do##Happy DanceHappy Dance

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.