Masamune Date vs Lu Bu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wei Phoenix
Battle at Hu Lao Gate, 1 on 1. Lu Bu gets Red Hare, his bow and arrow, Sky Scorcher and Cao Cao's Wrath Of Heaven.

Date gets his Motorhorcycle and his standard weapons. Starts out with one sword though. Sengoku Basara Date.

Battle starts off 500 yards from each other.

TBH I'm inclined to say that Masamune wins.

Darkstorm Zero
Huh? Which Masamune are we using?

Is this a reprise of their Warriors Orochi roles?

NemeBro
I think he means the one from Sengoku Basara, the game and anime of it.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
Huh? Which Masamune are we using?

Is this a reprise of their Warriors Orochi roles?

Sengoku Basara one, the one who is able to wield 6 swords. SW Date would get crushed horribly if he only had his sword.

occultdestroyer
Lu Bu beats his a$$.
Any version.
DW6 version would be noice

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Lu Bu beats his a$$.
Any version.
DW6 version would be noice

Have you seen Sengoku Basara Date? He's easily faster and more skilled with his weapons. His feats from the opening movies from the games already put him on an epic level of power. I chose this version of him because SW2 Date would kill him in an instant and SW1 would get horribly stomped.

Wei Phoenix
Bump, I know the usual guys aren't in there, but come on people, the other games needs love too.

MooCowofJustice
I'd debate, but I really have no ****ing clue who Date is.

Wei Phoenix
Blue guy with six swords. He tends to fight with one unless his opponent proves to be a challenge. He does have a weakness, that being his blind side due to him being blind in his right eye. The games depict him as incredibly fast and skilled. The game is Sengoku Basara/Devil Kings, basically Capcom's take on Samurai Warriors.

LkZbDTnd9lo

MooCowofJustice
So you essentially put a Super Human against a Human. Lu Bu is good, sure, but he's nowhere near good enough to go against this.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
So you essentially put a Super Human against a Human. Lu Bu is good, sure, but he's nowhere near good enough to go against this.

To be honest this is the most fair fight between them. SW Date gets stomped horribly, SW2 stomps him and wins faster than SB Date could. I've given them distance from each other to help Lu Bu counter his speed and hit him, given his strength and knack for never dying I thought it'd be somewhat interesting.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Have you seen Sengoku Basara Date? He's easily faster and more skilled with his weapons. His feats from the opening movies from the games already put him on an epic level of power. I chose this version of him because SW2 Date would kill him in an instant and SW1 would get horribly stomped.
You think I don't know? crackers
I've played the Sengoku Basara games dozens of times.
And I AM currently in tune with the anime series as well.
I'm a big fan of the Warriors franchise and Sengoku Basara. I probably even know more about it than you.
So quit acting like a smartass.

And have you even played the games?
Lu Bu's showings and in-game stats are far greater than Masamune Date's, even in Sengoku Basara.
He's defeated every elite character in DW6, and is simply shown to be unbeatable in almost every DW game.
Besides, the strongest character in the Sengoku Basara is Tadakatsu Honda, which should be pretty obvious if you actually played the Sengoku Basara games.

And you're assuming Masamune is "easily faster and more skilled" than Lu Bu based on "the opening movies from the games"?
LOL!
Go play the games. He's not as strong or quick as you think he is. That opening sequence was just eye-candy.
If we are going to use opening sequences as valid feats, then Cao Cao is the fastest DW character.

Wei Phoenix
You think I don't know? crackers
I've played the Sengoku Basara games dozens of times.
And I AM currently in tune with the anime series as well.
I'm a big fan of the Warriors franchise and Sengoku Basara.

He has proven to be faster than Lu Bu in the games and Anime.

Doubt it, and I'm not acting like a smart ass. I asked if you've played it because it's not a widely popular game throughout the world like the rest of the characters that are being debated here. Not completely far fetched to believe that you haven't played it, hence why I asked. Quit being so defensive.

Yes.

I was sticking in the middle here mostly, given that Lu Bu could attack his blindside and all, but you're so adamant on believing I know nothing about these games or the characters I'll jump on Masamune's side and tell how he beats him.

Personal experience, and I can easily counter by saying that Date beat everyone in his story mode including Yukimura and I've owned Lu Bu with Cao Cao, Xiahou Dun, Zuo Ci, Sun Ce, Zhang He and Zhang Liao.

The same guy that got owned by Noh? Actually Keiji is arguably stronger, he can swing his weapon strong enough to create tornadoes. Hideyoshi is an absolute monster as well. Repelled a volley of arrows with a swipe. You don't have to have the most physical strength to be the strongest. Also Nobunaga would murder him.

IIRC Honda doesn't flinch when attacked, it's been a while since I played that level so I'm a bit rusty on Honda in game.

Silly me for using cutscenes and openings when the only canon source of evidence is gameplay footage here. However if it helps you feel any better his speed in the anime is more around his speed in the opening which is what the anime is based off of.

However effortlessly wielding six swords perfectly trumps Lu Bu's weapon skills. The fact that he can easily pull them out one by one as he continually attacks helps as well.

Maybe because the game wouldn't be fair with him being that powerful? The same reason why in game a single soldier can kill Alex Mercer, but stands absolutely no chance out of game. I also never said he was stronger just faster, but if you want me to use all of his in game feats then Hell Dragon kills Lu Bu eek!

Probably Cao Pi if you take into account his feats from the WO2 opening.

occultdestroyer
He has proven to be faster than Lu Bu in the games and Anime.

Faster.. yes.
More skilled.. HELL NO!

Doubt it
Try me.

The same guy that got owned by Noh? Actually Keiji is arguably stronger, he can swing his weapon strong enough to create tornadoes. Hideyoshi is an absolute monster as well. Repelled a volley of arrows with a swipe. You don't have to have the most physical strength to be the strongest. Also Nobunaga would murder him.

Tadakatsu Honda has the highest average base stats in the games.
This holds true even in his introduction in SW.
The character with the highest base stats is essentially the strongest character in the game, or any game for that matter.

And Keiji arguably stronger? WTF? O_o
He was schooled by Matsu Maeda!! His Sengoku counterpart is even weaker than his SW counterpart lol

Silly me for using openings when the only canon source of evidence are cutscenes and gameplay footage here.
Indeed.

However effortlessly wielding six swords perfectly trumps Lu Bu's weapon skills. The fact that he can easily pull them out one by one as he continually attacks helps as well.
How is having more number of weapons an advantage in a combat of pure strength and skill?
Kunoichi has two weapons, Lu Bu has one. Does that mean Kunoichi is more skilled than Lu Bu?
Your logic is flawed.

And Lu Bu is simply stronger than Date, either Sengoku Basara or SW.
His Special musou attack takes away more than 3/4 of a general's health.

Probably Cao Pi if you take into account his feats from the WO2 opening.
Yes, I meant Cao Pi.

Wei Phoenix

Faster.. yes.
More skilled.. HELL NO!

Can you prove he is more skilled? Provide any feats of skill that trumps Date that doesn't go like "Well he's near unbeatable in this game, or his stats are this high."

I'd rather not derail my topic into a dick swinging contest about who knows more about the 3K and Sengoku eras.

Gameplay mechanics. It seems as if you favor gameplay mechanics over actual feats.

Irrelevant here, but there is no definite strongest in the SW warriors games, hence that one Dream Scenario where they all fight to determine the greatest. Musashi, Toshiie, Keiji, Honda, etc.

Except when they have no feats to back it up and there are others who rival said strength.

Losing a fight to your aunt when you're not even fighting seriously is such a low feat. How is his Sengoku side weaker? SW Keiji can not swing his pike hard enough to produce a whirlwind or make craters when he jumps from high places.

Oh goody, you know how to edit people's words. So by your admission Opening movies to games mean nothing and are noncanon? So say the Tekken 5 intro, Heihachi didn't really get betrayed by his son and had a Jack blow up in his face? Are you going to tell me that despite Date using six swords in the opening, he can't wield all six in a battle unless he uses his Basara or pulls them out on his own and yells "War Dance"?

It's not the fact that he has more weapons, it's the more weapons that he is using. It's nearly impossible for someone to wield 3 swords in each hand between their fingers and use them effectively.

No because it's not difficult to wield to kunais in your hand as opposed to someone wielding six swords at once.

Not really, see the above point.

Remember when I said that? I will however say that Date is strong enough to hang with him and kill him.

More personal experience which is not accepted here. I could say Dong Zhuo stomps Lu Bu because I can take 3/4 of his health when I use his Musou.

Yes Cao Pi has awesome reaction speed in that game, but WO is not really canon to the DW games. I don't think you realize though that the SB world is not the same as the SW world. They're more impossible and above human in feats and they have devastating elemental attacks Hell Dragon? eek! Just because it doesn't look fine and humanly possible, doesn't mean that they can't do it in their world when they do other impossible things in the cutscenes.

Rapidash
And you're assuming Masamune is "easily faster and more skilled" than Lu Bu based on "the opening movies from the games"?
LOL!

Cinematics > Cutscenes > Gameplay

Etna
Are you ready guys!?

Wei Phoenix
Yeah!

Etna
Put your guns on!

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Rapidash
Cinematics > Cutscenes > Gameplay
thumb down

Wei Phoenix
thumb down

El Oh El.

Care to explain how they aren't canon? Like I said, the opening to Tekken 5 isn't canon, MK Armageddon, the opening to God Of War, etc?

occultdestroyer
El Oh El.

Care to explain how they aren't canon? Like I said, the opening to Tekken 5 isn't canon, MK Armageddon, the opening to God Of War, etc?
Gameplay feats are more significant than opening cinematics

Rapidash

No.

ArtificialGlory

Not most of the time, no.

MadMel
gameplay feats cannot be considered canon if they contradict the cutscenes...iow cutscenes overrule gameplay - thats one of the rules of determining whats canon and what isnt in videogames..

Wei Phoenix

Well it seems as if you ignored the part where I asked you to explain how they aren't canon. By your logic, Ryu Hayabusa can only jump like 5 feet in the air and Alex Mercer can be killed by guns.

Kento
I was going to come in here, and be all like Lu Bu easily beats Date, blah blah blah...but ya know Wei...you've got me considering that Date can actually win...Need to play SB...stupid games costing money.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kento
I was going to come in here, and be all like Lu Bu easily beats Date, blah blah blah...but ya know Wei...you've got me considering that Date can actually win...Need to play SB...stupid games costing money.

It is a really good game to me and a healthy alternative to the SW/DW games. It's a bit more over the top and the characters are way more powerful although some would debate that they are canonically weaker because their stats are lower, mind you that this game is from a completely different company and their stat system is completely different from the Koei stat system.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.