Tekken

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules_2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tekken_(film)

I did a search and found no thread about this, I am looking forward to this...it's got Jin my fav character which I'm liking...I just hope this doesn't end up sucking

KingD19
Lateef Crowder = Eddy Gordo, EPIC WIN

steverules_2
I'm hoping Dave Batista doesn't f*ck up king, I quite like king as well and if Batista's playing as him well...

Mr. Rhythmic
'Tekken' has a great storyline. Hopefully it won't be changed.

steverules_2
Doesn't seem to be...Jin wanting to kill grandpa and pa...sounds about right for Tekken smile

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
'Tekken' has a great storyline. Hopefully it won't be changed. It'll be butchered.

jaden101
This film will probably give you eye cancer.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, what he said.

NemeBro
Generally, videogame movies suck.

BruceSkywalker
like the game

the movie will prolly be a different story

NemeBro
Did you just say Tekken sucks!?

KingD19
No, Tekken is uber l33t, however, Tekken the live action will will be teh suck. The tekken cartoon movie was awesome though.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Yeah, what he said.

In both eyes.

Kazenji
It'll be butchered.

Exactly

just like every other video game to movie adaptation

cept a few of course.

K.Diddy
smokin' Let's all be honest here,We all know it will suck ass

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Kazenji
Exactly

just like every other video game to movie adaptation

cept a few of course.

Name one exception to this rule.

Kazenji
Go look in the other thread.....

Zoids Fan
It'll be butchered.
I totally agree. As far as I know, there are lots of characters that isn't included in the movie like Paul, Hwoarang and King.

I wonder what they'll do with Yoshimitsu?

KingD19
They should let Ray Park(Darth Maul/Toad(X-1)/Snake-Eyes) play him, or maybe the guy who played Nomak and Nuada from Hellboy II.

Hell Lancer
i pity the foo whose playing jin

steverules_2
What happens if you already have eye cancer...in both eyes...

Hell Lancer
then this movie will cure it...only because there's no getting worse.
people, seriously, the only question is this: will this movie suck as much as the sf movie?

Impediment
st6dHmDSkhY

This looks........................just awful.

Impediment
Also, Lei Wu Long isn't in the film. What the hell? He's my best character!

dadudemon
Originally posted by Impediment
st6dHmDSkhY

It doesn't look bad. Looks like a teen-flick, though. Acting looks horrible, but the action looks fun. And, I'm just curious as to how some of the characters will be realized.

Impediment
The initial cut of Tekken was given an NC-17 rating for "Strong Stylized Graphic Violence", but was appealed. The appeal was denied, and about 5 minutes of the film was cut in order to secure an "R" rating. The official rating for Tekken is R on appeal for "Intense Sequences of Sustained Violent Martial Arts Action and Violence Throughout, Sexual Content/Nudity, Language and Some Drug Use".

See the Wiki article for actors.

The guy playing Eddy Gordo is an actual capoeira fighter. I watched some of his vids on youtube and I was blown away by his finesse.

steverules_2
The costumes look great...Jins hair doesn't look...right, I will see this but the acting looks so bad...so bad

The Nuul
Will suck as much as DOA does.

steverules_2
There's a DOA movie?

dadudemon
The initial cut of Tekken was given an NC-17 rating for "Strong Stylized Graphic Violence", but was appealed. The appeal was denied, and about 5 minutes of the film was cut in order to secure an "R" rating. The official rating for Tekken is R on appeal for "Intense Sequences of Sustained Violent Martial Arts Action and Violence Throughout, Sexual Content/Nudity, Language and Some Drug Use".

See the Wiki article for actors.

The guy playing Eddy Gordo is an actual capoeira fighter. I watched some of his vids on youtube and I was blown away by his finesse.

Wow. That's a bit much for a Tekken movie, isn't it?

But, I'm glad they went for an R rating. It's about damn time a movie was made to fit it's adaptation, and not just to make money. I'm referring to the Wolverine Origins film....and many others that were babied down to a PG-13 beacuse they wanted a less-mature audience.

However, the games were ALL rated teen or somewhere along those lines. So, it's odd that they'd take it to a mature level.

Still, it looks like a teen-flick: overly saturated with pop-culture ideas, attitudes, and references. Meaning, it would look incredibly cheesy and horribly in 15 years...just like every other pop-culture laden film.

I'll still see it, though, as I am an avid player. Love playing as Lei Wulong, Law, and Eddie. I played as Lei and Eddie because they both can fight really well up high and low, for those idiots who like to block forever and ever. I used Law, mostly, because I won a couple of tournaments in highschool with him.

steverules_2
I wish I could buy Jin gloves, they look totally awesome

Impediment
Lei Wu Long is my best character. Almost anyone I play, I can defeat with ease as Lei. It sucks that he won't be in the film.

steverules_2
I always play as Jin Kazuma

Wei Phoenix
Lei Wu Long is my best character. Almost anyone I play, I can defeat with ease as Lei. It sucks that he won't be in the film.

Jackie Chan would've been my pick for him.

Quincy
Lei is based on Jackie Chan

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Quincy
Lei is based on Jackie Chan

Exactly my point.

BruceSkywalker
st6dHmDSkhY

this looks like shiite, but i will see it and hope the fight scenes save it

Scythe
Ah, it looks so shitty.

Rogue Jedi
It WILL be shitty. Great game though.

BruceSkywalker

yeah the game definitely is

Rogue Jedi
Ling Xiayou is my fave fighter. She's perfect for beating Eddy, her, Paul or Nina.

jaden101

True...

steverules_2
I love the games smile

Kazenji
st6dHmDSkhY

steverules_2
st6dHmDSkhY

The trailer was already posted on the other page but...nice to see it again

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
The trailer was already posted on the other page but...nice to see it again

Well i did'nt know that at the time just seemed like it was'nt posted.

steverules_2
Doesn't matter, we all make mistakes from time to time, we're only human

Rogue Jedi
I dont see Paul Phoenix in the trailer.

steverules_2
Was he in the cast list?

Rogue Jedi
Dont see his name.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411951/fullcredits#cast

steverules_2
Hmmm guess thats another one they missed out

Maybe he'll be in the sequel that everyones gonna go see

Rogue Jedi
He's in ALL the games, WTF? And no King?

steverules_2
I dunno how they can't have those guys

Rogue Jedi
**** this movie, I wont even DVD it.

Sadako of Girth
Paul Phoenixless Tekken...?
WTF.??!!??!?!

Thats like Henry the eighth with no beheading and syphillis.

That trailer made the movie look on the same level as Double Dragon the movie production wise...And as anyone who saw that movie was able to attest: F*** that.
Is there nothing thats sacred anymore...? Whole thing looks like another Bayesque raping of another beloved franchise to me.

Rogue Jedi
They shoulda just made it CGI.

Sadako of Girth
With CGI gophers playing each of Jack 6's robotic biceps.

steverules_2
It's a shame that hollywood is running out of idea's and so they decide to make movies out of games and just ruin the franchise, the games are great but I dunno about this movie...I saw the motion picture which was an animi or however its spelt and that wasn't too great

Rogue Jedi
At least they got Yoshimitsu.

Kazenji
It's a shame that hollywood is running out of idea's

Well its a bit hard to think up new and exciting stories without re-usuing them when theres only so many types of stories out.

Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

That trailer made the movie look on the same level as Double Dragon the movie production wise...And as anyone who saw that movie was able to attest: F*** that.
Is there nothing thats sacred anymore...? Whole thing looks like another Bayesque raping of another beloved franchise to me.

Don't know why your flipping out Sadako Hollywoods always done this when it comes to adapting Games to the screen.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

*attests to that*

xJLxKing
Is this really tekken like the game tekken? It will most likely suck

Rogue Jedi
The games are epic, best fighting games ever IMO.

Sadako of Girth

Don't know why your flipping out Sadako Hollywoods always done this when it comes to adapting Games to the screen.

Yeah but the optimist in me is disappointed every time man.
And Ive been playing Tekken 6 a fair bit and my heart leapt when I heard that there was gonna be a live action movie.
But this looks poo.

But now I see that I was naive.

xJLxKing
The games are epic, best fighting games ever IMO. Games, yes. Movies, nooo

Rogue Jedi
This is what I'm saying.

Rogue Jedi
THIS is Tekken:

7qmU4wQqKQI

bVFnXKpiH5M

2 and 3 were the best. I like 2 more, although 3 introduced the Ukemi "quick roll."

steverules_2
I liked the 4th game myself, Jin roundhouse kick ftw cool

FistOfThe North
the movie may very well suck but i'll still catch it in theatres with a friend whom plays tekken just as vociferociously as i do.

i'll watch it just for fun. cheese and all.

i'm a huge fan of the story and the franchise, (i play the game just about everyday) and i liked the animated movie alot now the full length feature film's coming out in theatres. i'll be there for the sat. late morn. matinee. why not.

steverules_2
Maybe I'll take a girl to see it with me, you can say thats a bad idea but it gives me a reason to make out with her awesome

S_D_J
It's a shame that hollywood is running out of idea's and so they decide to make movies out of games and just ruin the franchise, the games are great but I dunno about this movie...I saw the motion picture which was an animi or however its spelt and that wasn't too great

It's not a Hollywood movie at all

It's an Indie movie actually. they were looking for a Distribution Company to pick it up, judging by the trailer, they didn't find big Hollywood names to promote the movie (I'm talking Studios, not actors)

jaden101
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
vociferociously

Um...What?

Hell Lancer
tekken= the king of iron FAIL

steverules_2
Originally posted by S_D_J
It's not a Hollywood movie at all

It's an Indie movie actually. they were looking for a Distribution Company to pick it up, judging by the trailer, they didn't find big Hollywood names to promote the movie (I'm talking Studios, not actors)

Oh well, I thought it was a hollywood film...oh well, now I have the urge to play tekken 4

kevinash
Tekken is an upcoming martial arts film directed by Dwight Little, based on the popular fighting game series of the same name. The film follows Jin Kazama (Jon Foo)in his attempts to rid himself of the devil which plagues his soul and confronting his father, Kazuya Mishima (Ian Anthony Dale) and his grandfather, Heihachi Mishima (Hiroyuki Tagawa). As of January 14th, 2010, an international preliminary-seeming trailer has finally been released.

Kazenji
Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

Rogue Jedi
WTF is Tekken?

steverules_2
WTF is Tekken?

Not the streetfighter

Rogue Jedi
WTF is Street Fighter?

steverules_2
Its where people fight on streets

Rogue Jedi
Fight?

Kazenji
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/fight

Rogue Jedi
haermm

steverules_2
And now he gets it

Rogue Jedi
He? Who? What'd he get?

Kazenji
A jug of milk.

steverules_2
He? Who? What'd he get?
A jug of milk.

Thats what happens when you win the Iron Fist Tournament

SamZED
Any info if Hwoarang is in the movie? Cause if he isnt itd pretty dumb.

Rogue Jedi
Hwoarang is weak.

NemeBro
Whoreang sucks ass.

Rogue Jedi
People think he and Eddy are the most uber fighters to play as, but they are the easiest to counter IMO.

SamZED
Hwoarang kicked Jin's ass. If he sucks ass what does it say about Jin?
Also he's Jin's rival itd be stupid to not tell this story.
And yeah he's an easy character to control but most tekken chars are.

Rogue Jedi
Gimmee Jin, you take Whorang, I'll kick your ass.

SamZED
Was talking about the story. Hwoarang is not my favorite even, just think he should be in the movie.
And i can kick you ass with Mokujin. No matter whose fighting style he gets. Even panda's.

Neo_Version 7
^ Shut up, both of you. I can beat anyone with Dr. B.

SamZED
Id stomp you with Gon. miffed

SamZED
Just watched the movie. Gotta say it was better than I expected. Way better. Sure the story is a lot different but its a movie. I never expected to see katare Panda, Ogre and Devils. Dunno why they decided to replace Ling with Christy but nvrm. The fight scenes were great. Although Kazuya was to much of a bad guy. Even compared to the games, at least in the games there are reasons why he turned out like that, while in the movie he's just a power greedy bastard. Heihachi seems like a good guy next to him..

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by SamZED
Was talking about the story. Hwoarang is not my favorite even, just think he should be in the movie.
And i can kick you ass with Mokujin. No matter whose fighting style he gets. Even panda's. Panda? haermm Panda is shit, his style is easily countered.

SamZED
Panda? haermm Panda is shit, his style is easily countered. Dont understimate the power of Panda. Me will extinct U! sneer

K.Diddy
Just watched the movie. Gotta say it was better than I expected. Way better. Sure the story is a lot different but its a movie. I never expected to see katare Panda, Ogre and Devils. Dunno why they decided to replace Ling with Christy but nvrm. The fight scenes were great. Although Kazuya was to much of a bad guy. Even compared to the games, at least in the games there are reasons why he turned out like that, while in the movie he's just a power greedy bastard. Heihachi seems like a good guy next to him..

confused So the movie has been released?

SamZED
Originally posted by K.Diddy
confused So the movie has been released? Dunno. Watched it online. Wiki says: "The film was screened at the Mann's Criterion Theatre in Santa Monica on November 5, 2009, as part of the AFM Film Festival in order to find a solid distributor. It was released in Japan on March 20, 2010 through Warner Bros. Pictures (Japan). The film also premiered on July 27, 2010 in Singapore and August 4, 2010 in the Philippines. One week prior to the Philippine premiere, Jon Foo visited Manila to promote the film. The film will hit United States theaters in 2011 through Anchor Bay Films."

steverules_2
I've seen it...was ok I s'pose but not as good as a tekken movie could have been

K.Diddy
Dunno. Watched it online. Wiki says: "The film was screened at the Mann's Criterion Theatre in Santa Monica on November 5, 2009, as part of the AFM Film Festival in order to find a solid distributor. It was released in Japan on March 20, 2010 through Warner Bros. Pictures (Japan). The film also premiered on July 27, 2010 in Singapore and August 4, 2010 in the Philippines. One week prior to the Philippine premiere, Jon Foo visited Manila to promote the film. The film will hit United States theaters in 2011 through Anchor Bay Films."

smile I wonder if it will come to theaters in Australia,sounds like a straight to dvd though

SamZED
Originally posted by K.Diddy
smile I wonder if it will come to theaters in Australia,sounds like a straight to dvd though Id watch it in a theater. big grin The fight scenes really were great.

jinXed by JaNx
The fight scenes really were great.

are you talking about the, Tekken movie? I only ask because if you are we must have been watching two different movies. The fight scenes were garbage. laughing out loud Everything about this movie was god awful but thats why it's so good. It's not quite as cheesy as Street Fighter, but it's still a cheesy turd worth sniffing. I liked how they made Jin a whiny, borderline teenager because that's definitely being faithful to how Jin was portrayed in the games laughing If you have some drugs or a group of friends this is a fun movie to watch to make fun of.

SamZED
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
are you talking about the, Tekken movie? I only ask because if you are we must have been watching two different movies. The fight scenes were garbage. laughing out loud Everything about this movie was god awful but thats why it's so good. It's not quite as cheesy as Street Fighter, but it's still a cheesy turd worth sniffing. I liked how they made Jin a whiny, borderline teenager because that's definitely being faithful to how Jin was portrayed in the games laughing If you have some drugs or a group of friends this is a fun movie to watch to make fun of. What exactly didn't you like about the fight? No flashy lights? confused h2h, acrobatics, + UFC style wrestling and grabs. Doesnt get better than that.

-Pr-
I liked the fight scenes too. Sure there were issues with it, but it wasn't a turd or anything like that.

Rogue Jedi
How were the other characters? King? Paul Phoenix? Nina Willams?

Impediment
I just want to see Lateef Crowder as Eddy Gordo. Dude has some serious Capoeira skills.

Rogue Jedi
Doubtful he looks any better than he did in The Protector. He looked badass.

Impediment
I know, but this is from a VG fanboy perspective.

jinXed by JaNx
What exactly didn't you like about the fight? No flashy lights? confused h2h, acrobatics, + UFC style wrestling and grabs. Doesnt get better than that.

For something like, Tekken, i expected something more than stock choreography.

Rogue Jedi
I know, but this is from a VG fanboy perspective. Mattie, what the hell is VG? What the HELL are you babbling about!!!!!!!!!!

Impediment
Mattie, what the hell is VG? What the HELL are you babbling about!!!!!!!!!!

Video game.

Robtard
Mattie, what the hell is VG? What the HELL are you babbling about!!!!!!!!!!

Video Game, you retard.

Edit: Stutterer with the smoking hot wife beat me to it.

Rogue Jedi
Video game. Yeah I know, loosen up a bit.

sueannlaib
"'Tekken' has a great storyline. Hopefully it won't be changed."

You said Tekken, that is a cool storyline. I really love it too.

K.Diddy
beer I seen this last night,pretty average but what can you really expect from a movie based on a beat em up game, The fights were ok,nothing too flash though,Too much shooting,not enough fighting in my opinion,I were disappointed that ''King'' Was left out of the movie,I would of liked to have seen him.All in all 5.5/10

Kazenji
Had a look at the plot for this movie

"In the year 2039, after World Wars have destroyed much of civilization as we know it, territories are no longer run by governments, but by corporations"

da ****??

as usual with this video game to movie adaption change the plot.

Sadako of Girth
Its true. I watched it a while back.

No Paul Phoenix in it either. sad
Law wasn't especially convincing resemblance wise.
No Gon. No Boschonavich. The Jacks are just regular humanoid fodder.
Jack is a rank in it.

Overall I'd give it 6 out of ten as a movie.
4 out of ten for a Tekken movie.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.