The Vampire Diaries

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
coming shortly on the CW..

thoughts? opinions?

Darth Vicious
CW trying to capitalize on the Twilight/true Blood fever. I'll check the pilot. Hopefully vampires wont turn into stupid diamonds when exposed to sun light!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Vicious
CW trying to capitalize on the Twilight/true Blood fever. I'll check the pilot. Hopefully vampires wont turn into stupid diamonds when exposed to sun light!

yeah same her, after i watch the pilot i will decide or not to continue

forumcrew
I cant imagine it being as good as True Blood being on CW, they just are not allowed the freedoms of HBO. And you can see how trying to make it more kid friendly can make it pretty poor quality with Twilight so not sure how this will turn out.

MildPossession
Didn't the books this series is based on come out years before the Twilight series of books? Decade or so.

Kevin Williamson(Scream) has also written some of the series, so that could be interesting.

It's not something I will rush to watch on television but will give it a try, any good official trailers out for it?

All I could find on youtube were shitty fan made ones adding in characters from Heroes...

wicker_man
I'll give it a chance but if it's anything like Twilight then I'm not expecting anything to keep my intrested two episodes in.

For me Buffy, Angel and Ultraviolet are the three best vampire shows of recent years.

Gideon
It looks to have more merit than Twilight. Granted, that's not saying much.

Hopefully, we'll find something that rivals the Buffy/Angel phenomenon in quality.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Gideon

Hopefully, we'll find something that rivals the Buffy/Angel phenomenon in quality.

I don't think that will ever happen regarding buffy and angel, but you never know

Darth Macabre
Meh, it was all right.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Meh, it was all right.

i thought so too... i really wasn't expecting anyway.. i will watch the next epsisode though

Darth Macabre
I will, too.

Kento
It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Course I was expecting something as bad as Twilight movie so. I'll probably end up watching it again it semi-caught my interest.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Gideon

They would first have to stop making Vampires go to school and being in love.

forumcrew
The Twilight/True Blood hype sure helped get an audience. Show had the biggest premiere in the history of CW.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by forumcrew
The Twilight/True Blood hype sure helped get an audience. Show had the biggest premiere in the history of CW. Twilight lovers, I would imagine. I can just hear it now, them complaining that the Vampire Diaries "stole," their ideas from Twilight...completely ignorant that Twilight came out ten years after The Vampire Diaries.

forumcrew
Originally posted by Darth Macabre
Twilight lovers, I would imagine. I can just hear it now, them complaining that the Vampire Diaries "stole," their ideas from Twilight...completely ignorant that Twilight came out ten years after The Vampire Diaries.

Happens all the time. Any new MMO game that comes out people think is a rip off of World of Warcraft when that game copied tons from many others that came before it. Fanboys become blind by ignorance.

Gideon
I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. It is massively superior to Twilight. Stefan is not made to be a Gary Stu like Edward nor is Elena as vapid as Bella. Damen at first came off cliched, but... after commercial break? Much more convincing.

7/10.

BruceSkywalker
looking forward to watching the next episode on thursday

TRiNiTYfemi
So far the Vampire Diaries doesnt have as much to offer as individual character depth goes in comparison to Twilight (which isn't reused ideas from other paranormal tv series)... we'll see though because I've only watched the first episode.

I'll keep watching it though and once it becomes tedious then I'll stop watching.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Kento
It's a lot better than I thought it would be. Course I was expecting something as bad as Twilight movie so. I'll probably end up watching it again it semi-caught my interest. Originally posted by Gideon
I watched it and was pleasantly surprised. It is massively superior to Twilight. Stefan is not made to be a Gary Stu like Edward nor is Elena as vapid as Bella. Damen at first came off cliched, but... after commercial break? Much more convincing.

7/10.

You both watched Twilight? sick

anyways, haven't seen the show, but I'm mildly interested, so I might give a try

Kento
Originally posted by S_D_J
You both watched Twilight? sick

anyways, haven't seen the show, but I'm mildly interested, so I might give a try Yes well one must watch movies when dragged by girlfriend, and her mother. I have read the books also, mostly cause I'll read just about anything if bored enough.

Kento
Heh the dis on Twilight was amusing.

S_D_J
Originally posted by Kento
Yes well one must watch movies when dragged by girlfriend, and her mother. I have read the books also, mostly cause I'll read just about anything if bored enough.

I got bored by the book, barely finished it. read the plots of the rest on wiki, I lol about the final book big grin

My GF was excited about the movie, once I told her how it goes, she lost interest

Well. I watched the first episode (VampireDairies) it was entertaining, will watch once it airs down here in November.

BruceSkywalker
i like what i see so far from vampire diaries...

Kento
Originally posted by S_D_J
I got bored by the book, barely finished it. read the plots of the rest on wiki, I lol about the final book big grin

My GF was excited about the movie, once I told her how it goes, she lost interest

Well. I watched the first episode (VampireDairies) it was entertaining, will watch once it airs down here in November. Yea, I just like reading it doesn't matter what it is at times when I get really bored with nothing else to do. lol The final book has got to be the worst one in the series.

Celestialgirl
I read the books for the vampire Diaries and it kept me more entertained than the twilight books did. It took me awhile to get into the show... I always thought Stefan was a Gary Stu and thus far my opinion of him hasn't changed, he does remind me of Edward but at least he's better looking. Damon is the only reason I watch the tv series and read the books I think he is awesome!

I am a huge buffy fan! So no one really compares to Angel and Spike but season 2-3 Spike after that he wasn't as bad@$$ anymore. Watched True Blood, Bill can suck it and die I think Eric would beat the crap outta him! Go Team Eric!

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was very good, but Stefan should've killed Damon

Gideon
I haven't read the books, but the series defies my initial expectations. Having read all of the Twilight saga, I can accurately conclude that it's quite possibly the worst piece of popular literature I've ever seen. Pathetic plot and character development, and I fully expected the Vampire Diaries to be similar...

...But it's really damn good. Some minor nitpicks, of course, but it's very good indeed. Stefan doesn't come across as a Gary Stu so much as he reminds me of David Boreanaz's Angel (who was an obvious source of inspiration for the portrayal); brooding and haunted by a mysterious past, as well as enamored with a longlost love with a vicious streak (Angel had Darla, Stefan has Katherine). Damon, who I thought initially was going to be very cheesy, turns out to be an effective and well casted villain, Stefan's foil. He reminds me of an Angelus/Spike hybrid; has Spike's love for fighting and violence and Angelus's cruelty.

And Elena is so sexy.

8/10.

Celestialgirl
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was very good, but Stefan should've killed Damon

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Damon is awesome!!! Personally I'd rather have Damon kill Stefan and take Elena as his Princess of Darkness!!!

Gideon: Maybe because Angel's already been done (and I think Angel is awesome by the way! I even have a replica of the sword Buffy used to kill him in Season 2) and because I regard Angel so highly that that's why I can't like Stefan because I think David Boreanaz did it better. I didn't like him in the book either.

The series is good but it's almost copmpletly changed than the books, that's probly why it took me awhile to get into the show. So if you love the show I don't recommend reading the books... I'm starting to think the show is better. My opinion on Stefan being a Gary Stu might be based off the books and not the show because from the very start I rooted for Damon in the book and once the show started.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Celestialgirl
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Damon is awesome!!! Personally I'd rather have Damon kill Stefan and take Elena as his Princess of Darkness!!!

Gideon: Maybe because Angel's already been done (and I think Angel is awesome by the way! I even have a replica of the sword Buffy used to kill him in Season 2) and because I regard Angel so highly that that's why I can't like Stefan because I think David Boreanaz did it better. I didn't like him in the book either.

The series is good but it's almost copmpletly changed than the books, that's probly why it took me awhile to get into the show. So if you love the show I don't recommend reading the books... I'm starting to think the show is better. My opinion on Stefan being a Gary Stu might be based off the books and not the show because from the very start I rooted for Damon in the book and once the show started.

maybe in the end stefan will stick out tongue , but i do like how the show is being written and stefan and elena seem to have decent chemsitry which should grow as the season progresses

REXXXX
So, the first season just concluded...

Holy ****. I didn't expect this show to be nearly as enjoyable as it turned out to be when I first started watching in October. Puts Twilight to shame.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by REXXXX
So, the first season just concluded...

Holy ****. I didn't expect this show to be nearly as enjoyable as it turned out to be when I first started watching in October. Puts Twilight to shame.

yes it does...

what would you expect to see next season?

Neo_Version 7
Werewolves! ^_^
I liked the little hints.

The minute Aunt Gilbert said, "Come on inside", I knew it was Katherine. Though it was a rather underwhelming finale, the season as a whole was great.

REXXXX
Why did you find it to be underwhelming?

Neo_Version 7
Mystic Falls and its citizens were in danger. Again. I don't know. It just felt rehashed. Like I said, it was entertaining but nothing we haven't seen before. It was the little things I found pretty cool (see: Anna's death, hints at Tyler as a werewolf).

BruceSkywalker
Returns tonight..

who's all watching

Placidity
Returns tonight..

who's all watching

Me! hi2

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Placidity
Me! hi2

i watched as well, pretty good season premiere. its gonna be great seeing nina play both katherine and elena

ExodusCloak
This is actually a good show. I started watching it to piss off someone and got hooked after last seasons finale.

BruceSkywalker
i like what i see so far for this season

Placidity
I like where this is going with Tyler.

That was so awesome how Stefan got beaten by Mason in an arm wrestle. I'm guessing they are werewolves right? That would explain their long running hatred of vampires. I wonder if they'll morph, and if they'll look like a wolf-man or just a wolf. I'm thinking the latter since its cheaper... =/

I know Damon can be a real ass, but I really hate Bonnie at the moment. Damon should just kill her, he is fast enough if she is caught off guard.

ExodusCloak
I like where this is going with Tyler.

That was so awesome how Stefan got beaten by Mason in an arm wrestle. I'm guessing they are werewolves right? That would explain their long running hatred of vampires. I wonder if they'll morph, and if they'll look like a wolf-man or just a wolf. I'm thinking the latter since its cheaper... =/

I know Damon can be a real ass, but I really hate Bonnie at the moment. Damon should just kill her, he is fast enough if she is caught off guard.

I have a feeling that Bonnie and Damon are going to bond over their guilt. They both played a part in what happened to Caroline.

Placidity
Oh I love how they made the werewolf's bite fatal to vampires. It makes them much more of a credible threat compared to other mythologies like in True Blood and Twilight, where it utterly relies on the vampires to behave like morons around werewolves for them to actually get hurt.

I think the wolves have some superspeed as well, since Stefan had some trouble keeping track of it.

Slaanesh
i was disappointed that they turn into a wolf instead of a wolf man like in van helsing or underworld..they could have at least make them big like in twilight..

Placidity
Originally posted by Slaanesh
i was disappointed that they turn into a wolf instead of a wolf man like in van helsing or underworld..they could have at least make them big like in twilight..

I was hoping for that too but I knew it was likely it wouldn't happen. I'm guessing it has to do with the cost of special effects. Movies are once-off, but for a weekly TV show, the budget probably doesn't allow for it.

Slaanesh
I was hoping for that too but I knew it was likely it wouldn't happen. I'm guessing it has to do with the cost of special effects. Movies are once-off, but for a weekly TV show, the budget probably doesn't allow for it.

yup..they use a real wolf..must be the budget..

Placidity
yup..they use a real wolf..must be the budget..

Sarcasm or? I'm not sure since it wouldn't make sense if you think using CGI wolf is cheaper.

Slaanesh
Sarcasm or? I'm not sure since it wouldn't make sense if you think using CGI wolf is cheaper.

not sarcasm..i thought it was a CGI wolf until i read the interview and they said it was a real wolf..

alexander10
I gave a chance to it .but it could not entertain me.So i quit this show.

Placidity
Can you also quit life please?

~Bun Bun~
I am addicted. I've been watching since the first episode.
I am a huge fan of the books. It didn't bug me that their not following them. I love, love, love all the little attacks on twilight. Hilarious!!

I perdicted the wolf thing almost as soon as they introduced Tyler.

I am really on edge to see if theres anything on why Katherin and Elena look identical. (In the show)

Props Nina Dobrev, I love her. Followed her on Degrassi.
Ian is PERFECT as Damon.
Paul, good as Stefan.
Bonnie, REALLY far off from the books, but good for the show.

As always can't wait till next thursday big grin

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by ~Bun Bun~
I am addicted. I've been watching since the first episode.
I am a huge fan of the books. It didn't bug me that their not following them. I love, love, love all the little attacks on twilight. Hilarious!!

I perdicted the wolf thing almost as soon as they introduced Tyler.

I am really on edge to see if theres anything on why Katherin and Elena look identical. (In the show)

Props Nina Dobrev, I love her. Followed her on Degrassi.
Ian is PERFECT as Damon.
Paul, good as Stefan.
Bonnie, REALLY far off from the books, but good for the show.

As always can't wait till next thursday big grin

i will be watching as well

Placidity
I love, love, love all the little attacks on twilight. Hilarious!!

Oh really? I'm only aware of one, when he bashed Edward and gave credit to Anne Rice. Do share =)

ExodusCloak
Oh really? I'm only aware of one, when he bashed Edward and gave credit to Anne Rice. Do share =)

Last episode, Katherine's dig at certain werewolf movies. :P

When the show began I was intruiged, I didn't really like the first few eps but now I've come to really like what they've built so far. There's such character twists, I thought Katherine was going to be some one dimensional selfish valley girl and then they go and spring something unexpected on you.

I like all the characters 'xcept Caroline and Elena. Caroline is annoying but I do understand the need for such a character however, I really don't like Elena. I don't know if the writers are doing that intentionally or what but she's been written as self-involved and selfish IMO from episode 1. Heck after last epsiode I actually like Katherine more then her.

Placidity
Yeah, I think Katherine's hotter than Elena.

Slaanesh
Yeah, I think Katherine's hotter than Elena.

she's a vampire..it's common knowledge that Vampire is hotter than human..even when they have the same face..

Placidity
she's a vampire..it's common knowledge that Vampire is hotter than human..even when they have the same face..

Actually they're colder big grin

Slaanesh
Actually they're colder big grin

ahhh..i see what u did there uhuh

it seems like the werewolf doesn't have any weakness..that kinda makes me happy..

~Bun Bun~
New episode tonight! happy

~Bun Bun~
Damnit! Rerun

Placidity
I liked Mason. Too soon.

BruceSkywalker
I liked Mason. Too soon.

prolly the other lockwood will turn and they'll have to deal with him

Placidity
prolly the other lockwood will turn and they'll have to deal with him

That would mean Matt is gone too.

ExodusCloak

With all the twists and turns, I wouldn't be surprised if Tyler accidently kill someone else. Maybe his mom.

Placidity
^ That would be a tragedy, Tyler's mom is hot.

BruceSkywalker

yeah it would but they'll stretch it out until the season finale

victoria203
WOW! The Vampire Diaries, it is my favorite show. I never miss its any episode. It is the best show which I have ever seen.

BruceSkywalker
liked last night's show..

glad katherine is still alive as i enjoy nina playing both roles

ExodusCloak
What an ep!!

Placidity
Um what was Katherine on about at the end there?

ExodusCloak
Um what was Katherine on about at the end there?

Katherine was running from someone, because Elena looks like Katherine the guy will come after Elena too. I'm guessing.

Placidity
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Katherine was running from someone, because Elena looks like Katherine the guy will come after Elena too. I'm guessing.

But why did Katherine say she was protecting Elena (she "could've killed her if she wanted to"wink?

You know what, I have a theory that Elena is really an avatar of Katherine's "good side", that Katherine somehow (witchcraft maybe) removed/separated from herself. It's quite a generic plot, but thats what I immediately thought of after that last episode.

And the epic ending would be that Katherine and Elena both combine back into the same person at the end of the series, and the relationship between her, Stefan and Damon would be more interesting than ever. Genius (me included)!

Okay, that probably won't happen (someone owns me $1M if it does though).

This stuff is all based on the books or what? So people who've read it probably know about everything right?

ExodusCloak
But why did Katherine say she was protecting Elena (she "could've killed her if she wanted to"wink?

You know what, I have a theory that Elena is really an avatar of Katherine's "good side", that Katherine somehow (witchcraft maybe) removed/separated from herself. It's quite a generic plot, but thats what I immediately thought of after that last episode.

And the epic ending would be that Katherine and Elena both combine back into the same person at the end of the series, and the relationship between her, Stefan and Damon would be more interesting than ever. Genius (me included)!

Okay, that probably won't happen (someone owns me $1M if it does though).

This stuff is all based on the books or what? So people who've read it probably know about everything right?

I think Katherine was lying to Damon.
She needed the werewolf to take on whatever Big Bad is chasing her. It's bite kills vamps in one go. Like if you look at the outline of the next ep you'll see that there are:
Vamps out there who are older then her.

Possibly, although they've changed a few things from the book. Like Jeremy for instance.

BruceSkywalker

i think the masked person who got elena at the end is the person also after katherine

Mindset
I think Katherine was lying to Damon.
She needed the werewolf to take on whatever Big Bad is chasing her. It's bite kills vamps in one go. Like if you look at the outline of the next ep you'll see that there are:
Vamps out there who are older then her.

Possibly, although they've changed a few things from the book. Like Jeremy for instance. Did jeremy become a vamp in the book?

alexander10
Twilight lovers, I would imagine. I can just hear it now, them complaining that the Vampire Diaries "stole," their ideas from Twilight...completely ignorant that Twilight came out ten years after The Vampire Diaries.Any way who want to Watch The Vampire Diaries Online can watch from here with me.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Mindset
Did jeremy become a vamp in the book?

I don't think Jeremy even existed in the book.

i think the masked person who got elena at the end is the person also after katherine

Well I'd say whoever kidnapped her is working for someone, if you read the books you could probably guess who, although I'd say they'd know about Elena since they only sent one person to take on Katherine. They'd need another 500 year old Vamp like Lexi to kidnap someone like Katherine.

BruceSkywalker

Well I'd say whoever kidnapped her is working for someone, if you read the books you could probably guess who, although I'd say they'd know about Elena since they only sent one person to take on Katherine. They'd need another 500 year old Vamp like Lexi to kidnap someone like Katherine.

how different are the books..

i want to read them but so far haven't

REXXXX
Brutal killings in that last episode. Amy's was downright awful.

Good episode overall.

Mindset

Are you trying to make me look bad? sneer

Placidity
Last ep was pretty epic.

I was thinking, it was pretty lame how they killed off an epic character in the same episode that they introduced him. But ending was awesome. Any theories? Maybe he was wearing the resurrection ring? Or was he so old and powerful he could come back?

One thing I didn't like was that how Elijah couldn't track Damon and Stefan when they were superspeeding, he should've been able to see and tag them with ease.

Mindset
They should have staked him and cut his head off.

Placidity

But the thing is, he had the death look when he was staked too, like his face going all gray. But at least I would've buried the body so the other vampires, which you wouldn't want to piss off, wouldn't find out about his death.

No, I'm glad he lived, he would make a nice bad ass vampire. I like how he executed Trevor or whatever his name was.

ExodusCloak

Yeah, also Rose and her friend are idiots, they're each 500 years old and couldn't figure out how to walk in the sunlight.

Elijah should have wrecked Stefan and Damon, even with the element of surprise on their side. They're only 145 years old.

Heck even Damon blitzing Rose, made no sense.

But I suppose the same thing happened with Anna, Pearl and Lexi.

BruceSkywalker
last night's ep was good although not really surprised that elijah is still alove

Placidity
last night's ep was good although not really surprised that elijah is still alove

Why is that?

Mindset
I wasn't really surprised either, he's part of the new "big bad".

Placidity
But there was nothing to suggest a Vampire could come back after being staked, which he looked well dead. I'm looking forward to some explanations.

BruceSkywalker
Why is that?

I think elijah is part of the people who were chasing katherine and as well as who want elena.. also elijah is too damn uber to die so quick

Placidity
Rose is old and familiar enough with the Old Ones or Originals (or w/e they're called) to know that Elijah would've survived that staking. Any thoughts?

Also, anyone likes this more than True Blood? I do. I know True Blood is generally viewed as a league above TVD by most people.

Elena/Katherine > Sookie Bitchouse

ExodusCloak
Rose is old and familiar enough with the Old Ones or Originals (or w/e they're called) to know that Elijah would've survived that staking. Any thoughts?

Rose was too stupid to know that a witch could help them walk in the sunlight. I doubt she knew much about how to kill an Old One. Doubt she even knew that two noob vamps could catch one off guard. Katherine probably knows though.

Placidity
Rose was too stupid to know that a witch could help them walk in the sunlight. I doubt she knew much about how to kill an Old One. Doubt she even knew that two noob vamps could catch one off guard. Katherine probably knows though.

Well, she might've known, but just not been able to get a witch (or one that was willing). Just cause we've seen a few in the show doesn't necessarily mean they are common. In fact, I'm pretty sure she would have know. She knows that Katherine, Salvatores and Elijah (and if Elijah can, likely many of the other Old Ones) can walk in the sun. I doubt she didn't find out how. Doesn't seem to be a secret when so many vampires have the jewel.

Also, the older vamps being blitzed by the Salvatores was just a lame plot device imo, I wouldn't use that against her.

Mindset
Or maybe speed doesn't change much the older you get in VD.

Placidity
Or maybe speed doesn't change much the older you get in VD.

Thats possible. But I really don't like how Elijah could hardly even see them, thats pretty lame.

sheryl_baver
I super love the last episode..Although I also have questions about how the hell Elijah is still alive, they were all forgotten when it came to Damon's love confession scene..Just so heartbreaking..

I wish Elena has a vervain somewhere in her body so she wont forget.. smile

BruceSkywalker
man, tonight was da bomb

Placidity
Elijah is such a badass. I really like him.

And he is meant to be nothing compared to Klaus, Klaus must be a pretty big cat.

Side question: Who would win between Elijah and Russell Edgington? Any takers?

Mindset
I'd say Russel.

He's like 4k years old and seems faster and stronger.

ExodusCloak
If it's anything like the books. I don't think Russel will find the special item lying around to kill Elijah. Originals can only be killed that way. Klaus on the other hand was a whole different kettle of fish

Mindset
Russel will rip his head off and punt into into the sun. ಠ_ಠ

ExodusCloak

Interesting, I always wondered what would happen if they did that. According to the book the Originals could only be killed with a stake made from wood from a special tree. Klaus couldn't be killed though.

Placidity

But he can compel other non-original vampires, thats awesome. He'd just tell Russell to kill himself. Russell seems stronger and a heck of a lot faster though.

Well, Elijah vs Northman would be a closer match even without using compulsion.

I like the term compulsion too, its way better than "glamoring" lol.

Mindset
Russel would probably be considered an original.

He's likely older than Elijah.

Placidity
Russel would probably be considered an original.

He's likely older than Elijah.

Well, age has nothing to do with it though. Elijah has special powers because he is literally one of the originals, in the books, he was never a human. Russell though old (I would guess he is older than Elijah too), was not amongst the originals even in the TB universe.

Mindset
Well, age has nothing to do with it though. Elijah has special powers because he is literally one of the originals, in the books, he was never a human. Russell though old (I would guess he is older than Elijah too), was not amongst the originals even in the TB universe. In the books.

Also, while not much is known about Russel, he is the oldest known vamp and could be one of the originals in the TB universe.

We are talking about the tv show.

Placidity
In the books.

Also, while not much is known about Russel, he is the oldest known vamp and could be one of the originals in the TB universe.

We are talking about the tv show.

Well, if you are going to play like that, then I'll just say we know for a fact that Elijah is an original, while any thing said about Russell is just speculation.

Mindset
It's pretty much all speculation at this point. We don't know what being an original really means yet.

Placidity
It's pretty much all speculation at this point. We don't know what being an original really means yet.

Means he can compel other vampires as well as having other special powers like coming back from being staked.

Mindset
But can he come back from being ripped apart?

Placidity
Dunno.

Probably not, unless he's got some uber healing factor going on, or some voodoo magic shit.

He karate chopped another vampire's head off too, so he has the same potential.

john razor

john razor
I am enjoying vampire diaries series.It is good like true blood.Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev are very well in this series.Now i am again going to watch vampire diaries with its 2nd season.

Placidity
Lol John you are such a dumbass.

Placidity
Have not watched the latest ep yet, but

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/517E0XGAVML._SL500_AA300_.jpg

BruceSkywalker
last ep was thrilling

BruceSkywalker
the werewolf transformation was all right by tv standards, felt still they could have showed more.. nina was looking good..

Placidity
You know what, I really hate that new b1tch (get it, get it?) in town.

I liked how she was talking shit in the bar, Damon should've ripped her heart out right then and then make everyone in the bar forget. And I also find it BS how Damon lost track of her so quickly, he should've easily been able to track her with his keen senses, and then taken her out since it takes them a little time to transform.

I also find it stupid how Rose, a 500 year old Vampire, didn't just bitchslap the werebitch away like a mosquito. She had plenty of time to push it off her while the b1tch was just up in her face.

ExodusCloak
You know what, I really hate that new b1tch (get it, get it?) in town.

I liked how she was talking shit in the bar, Damon should've ripped her heart out right then and then make everyone in the bar forget. And I also find it BS how Damon lost track of her so quickly, he should've easily been able to track her with his keen senses, and then taken her out since it takes them a little time to transform.

I also find it stupid how Rose, a 500 year old Vampire, didn't just bitchslap the werebitch away like a mosquito. She had plenty of time to push it off her while the b1tch was just up in her face.

It was a full moon so werewolves are at the height of their power then. Also, I'm not sure how that werebitch is. Wonder if the age rule applies to werewolves too and whether or not there's an original werewolf.

Placidity
It was a full moon so werewolves are at the height of their power then. Also, I'm not sure how that werebitch is. Wonder if the age rule applies to werewolves too and whether or not there's an original werewolf.

Well the full moon is about the only time they have power. Sure on non-moon days they still have enhanced strength, but Mason was scared of Damon when he said he could own him during the day (non-wolf form). That and Caroline, a new born was able to take him down.

Hmm, for some reason I don't think the werewolves on VD are immortals like vamps, but we are yet to find out.

It still bothers me though, since at 500, Rose would be an 'Elder' vampire equivalent, she should've done better against the the werebitch. I dunno, superspeed away or something.

You know what Werewolves are shit. Just stay indoors in a secure place on full moon nights and they can't do shit. Heck just climb up a tree if you're outside.

But we do know the Werewolf lineage is transmitted down the bloodline, so if there is an original, does it mean they are all related?

Lacan Grahf
I'm not ashamed to admit that this is my favorite TV show and rivals the late, great Buffy and Angel.

Icexx2
This is also one of my favorite TV shows right now, I can't wait for the new episode next week. big grin

~Bun Bun~
I really liked this episode.
Ohhhh Damon and his crazy up's and down's. But, that's why we love him.

srankmissingnin
I thought those stupid magic rings protected against supernatural deaths... does a werewolf bite not fall under that umbrella? It seems more supernatural then getting your neck broken by a vampire, and the rings magic'ed that away no problem... Why not lend Rose the ring?

Placidity
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
I thought those stupid magic rings protected against supernatural deaths... does a werewolf bite not fall under that umbrella? It seems more supernatural then getting your neck broken by a vampire, and the rings magic'ed that away no problem... Why not lend Rose the ring?

You mean the ring Alaric has?

Well, I guess it could be explained that even if she was brought back to life, the venom/infection would still be inside Rose's system and she'd just die again after awhile and it'd just keep repeating.

I'm glad Damon's pissed. He needs to do some avenging and kill that stupid were-*****. She's soooo cocky, yet she could get owned at any time.

I'm also glad Uncle John is back. I liked David Anders, and I knew they would bring back the veteran after a while.

srankmissingnin
You mean the ring Alaric has?

Well, I guess it could be explained that even if she was brought back to life, the venom/infection would still be inside Rose's system and she'd just die again after awhile and it'd just keep repeating.

I'm glad Damon's pissed. He needs to do some avenging and kill that stupid were-*****. She's soooo cocky, yet she could get owned at any time.

I'm also glad Uncle John is back. I liked David Anders, and I knew they would bring back the veteran after a while.

Yeah the rings Alaric and Jeremy have.

BruceSkywalker
watched last night's show.. thought it was very well.. i wished rose had survived as i liked her character..

~Bun Bun~
Hmm theres a few twists that were in the books. It'd be exciting for the show to touch on them. Even tho their doing a damn good job standing on it's own.

Placidity
Hmm theres a few twists that were in the books. It'd be exciting for the show to touch on them. Even tho their doing a damn good job standing on it's own.

Which twists are you talking about?

I've finished reading the books recently. The books go far out into lala land, not so much on the show. Apart from the initial plots and characters, the show doesn't seem to follow the book at all.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Yeah the rings Alaric and Jeremy have.

I don't think they work on the dead. Or Vampires.

srankmissingnin
I don't think they work on the dead. Or Vampires.

Maybe but I would have appreciated some clarification of that in the episode. It would have only taken one line and I wouldn't have spent an hour screaming "Try that magic ring you schmuck!"

Mindset
Seems like they are made to protect non spiritual beings against the supernatural.

REXXXX
Well that was horribly sad.

ExodusCloak
Makes sense now, as to why Katherine started drinking vervain. I have no idea where this is going though....decent episode.

BruceSkywalker
after a very long day... i was able to watch last nights ep, i thought it was pretty well,, good to see nina as katherine again smile

~Bun Bun~
Which twists are you talking about?

I've finished reading the books recently. The books go far out into lala land, not so much on the show. Apart from the initial plots and characters, the show doesn't seem to follow the book at all.

The err "La la land" part is what I'm talking about.

Book spoiler...
I really wanted to see Elana turn vamp and be within Damons grasp.

I looooved that whole ordeal. But, I love what the show is doing so... either way I'm happy.

ExodusCloak
I don't think the series is going to follow the books. It's publisher just fired the writer.

Placidity
Oh... any links where I can read about it?

Mind giving a little info?

Recent Episode was decent. I'm not sure if I like how they are ripping hearts out every episode lol. The thing is it looks really fake, no reaction from the victims.

I say Tyler will be back. They still need a Werewolf to break the curse.

Mindset
How should you react when you get your heart ripped out before you know what's happening?

Placidity
How should you react when you get your heart ripped out before you know what's happening?

I'd probably make an unintelligible sound and die with a look of pain/shock on my face.

ExodusCloak
Oh... any links where I can read about it?

Mind giving a little info?

Recent Episode was decent. I'm not sure if I like how they are ripping hearts out every episode lol. The thing is it looks really fake, no reaction from the victims.

I say Tyler will be back. They still need a Werewolf to break the curse.

http://entertainment.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474979041707

BruceSkywalker
thursday's ep was decent

good read

Mindset
I'd probably make an unintelligible sound and die with a look of pain/shock on my face. No you wouldn't.

Placidity
No you wouldn't.

Prove it.

Mindset
I am a doctor and I specialize in abrupt and violent heart removals.

~Bun Bun~

Wow. Very interesting.

I am a doctor and I specialize in abrupt and violent heart removals.

That made me lol! laughing out loud

Placidity
Lol at Elijah, just lol man.

Twice in one night.

Can't wait for someone to pull it out.

BruceSkywalker
love this show...

Lol at Elijah, just lol man.

Twice in one night.

Can't wait for someone to pull it out.

Klaus might..

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/vampire-diaries-finds-new-villain-klaus/

ankur29
just started this show and i must say
!!dayum!!!

elana's hot!

Placidity

Klaus might..

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/vampire-diaries-finds-new-villain-klaus/

Hmmm... For some reason I don't think so, given what we know. We know that Klaus is in hiding, so theres no real reason why he would come and save Elijah, since he doesn't trust Elijah. Not only that, no one even knows Elijah got jumped.

No one except maybe... the black Warlock guy (since he located Elena for a pissed-off Elijah, and then he goes missing). He also actually has an incentive, since he needs Elijah to kill Klaus so he can get his daughter back.

I really just hope someone will pull out the dagger. Elijah is badass, probably more so than Russel Edgington.

BruceSkywalker
Hmmm... For some reason I don't think so, given what we know. We know that Klaus is in hiding, so theres no real reason why he would come and save Elijah, since he doesn't trust Elijah. Not only that, no one even knows Elijah got jumped.

No one except maybe... the black Warlock guy (since he located Elena for a pissed-off Elijah, and then he goes missing). He also actually has an incentive, since he needs Elijah to kill Klaus so he can get his daughter back.

I really just hope someone will pull out the dagger. Elijah is badass, probably more so than Russel Edgington.

you may be right..

tonight the show was very good.. i liked the storyline...

nina is smokin' hot big grin

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>