Jurassic World (2015)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Discos
Hey dudes, I know its a long way away but recently I have been obsessed with Jurassic Park ever since listening to John William's best of cd.

Read along time ago in Wikipedia of the upoming 4th installment of the awesonme franchize.
After a wee bit of a disappointing 3rd part (it was too short and a poor storyline) I am hopin the 4th one will kick some ass.

supposidly its been in the works since 2003 or something, thats too long.

I think they are tryin to get the original cast back board, aka Dr Alan Grant, Hammond, Ellie Sattler and Ian Malcom.

You would think the entire original cast (plus some of the rest from The Lost World + Jurassic Park 3) would NEVER EVER EVER NEVER return to Isla Nublar or Isla Sorna - maybe apart from Hammond. So I would love to see how they get onto the island again.

MildPossession
As long as it's better than the awful boring third one, then I will be happy, be nice to see a lot of the original cast back.

Discos
no idea what went wrong with JP3, storyline was terrible. Fair enough they tried for a little bit of a "not so big names" supporting cast in William H Macy and that Tea chick.

very fortune Ely's new husband worked in fereign relations to send both the army and the navy... *sigh*... jesus

MildPossession
That Tea chick was one big negative in it, one big annoying character in Jurrasic Park 3.

Spartan005
the third one wasn't that bad imo. it was nice to see allen back instead of malcom

BruceSkywalker
I liked the first two,, three was fair..

now number four which i believe will end it all should be top dollar...good acting(hopefully), big budget, good cgi effects and most definitely a good script

H. S. 6
Is it confirmed or rumored?

Ms.Marvel
no. no cgi.

jurassic park 1 and 2 both used animatronics to my knowledge and they both had far more believable looking monsters then any cgi movie ever created in the history of cgi. ever. bring back the ****ing animatronics! ive never seen a movie with cgi that fooled me like the dinosaurs did the JP series.

Mr. Rhythmic
First one was fantastic, second one was awful, third one was mediocre.

Ms.Marvel
you think the third one was better then the second?

MildPossession
Second was definitely better than the third. The third has some mediocre effects compared to the first two films also.

Ms.Marvel
yeah i feel the third pretty much failed at everything. imo the cast was borig except for grant, the spinosaurus sucks, the ending sucked, story was half-assed, etc.

ozziememz
third was terrible!

Discos
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Is it confirmed or rumored?

it's confirmed mate, still fooling around with a script and tryin to get cast on board. Lets just say we might have a movie within the next 3years sad

Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
no. no cgi.

jurassic park 1 and 2 both used animatronics to my knowledge and they both had far more believable looking monsters then any cgi movie ever created in the history of cgi. ever. bring back the ****ing animatronics! ive never seen a movie with cgi that fooled me like the dinosaurs did the JP series.

I 100% agree with you dude, hands down 1 & 2 made it so real.
The 3rd one was a disgrace, that spinosaurous egypticus was soo fake, and the raptors were well terribly CGI'd.

Still tryin to get my head round what the plot would be. Hopefully they dont have dinosaurs back on human shores... like England or something.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Discos

Still tryin to get my head round what the plot would be. Hopefully they dont have dinosaurs back on human shores... like England or something.

I remember a while back there was some nonsense going around about scientists and dinosaurs doing experiments on them

might as well do Turok while they're at it.

Myth
I thought part 3 was better than part 2. I loved the first, hated the 2nd, and was ok with part 3.

The Shagg
My biggest grievance with the 3rd movie was how the Spinosaurus so easily killed off the Tyrannosaurus.

TwilightxGirl
I agree I didn't like the 3rd one at all hopeully the 4th will better

K.Diddy
no expression It will just be a remake anyway

Discos
Originally posted by The Shagg
My biggest grievance with the 3rd movie was how the Spinosaurus so easily killed off the Tyrannosaurus.

exactly, the greatest predetor of all time gets whipped out in a mere minute. The spino had arms to use too, he was toyin about with the plane like it was a sausage roll

NemeBro
Originally posted by Kazenji
I remember a while back there was some nonsense going around about scientists and dinosaurs doing experiments on them

might as well do Turok while they're at it. If there was a Turok movie that did the games half the justice they are do(Early Turok, **** everyone Evolution and after) then it would be better than every Jurassic Park movie. Srsly.

-Pr-
no. no cgi.

they used animatronics AND cgi.

i liked 3. not as much as the other two, granted, but i don't think it was terrible.

would love to see a fourth one.

Ms.Marvel
i dont think they sued cgi in the first one.

Zoids Fan
I do hope that Jurassic Park 4 will be much better than their previous movies.
Did anyone know what dinosaur will be the focus this time?

First: T-rex
Second: Not sure
Third: Spinosaurus

Discos
i dont think they focused on any particular dinosaur in each movie.

the first one seemed a mix of the T-Rex and 3 Raptors, lets not forget also that the Dilophosaurus who killed Dennis.

the second one was most definatly the Baby T-rex,

in the third movie i dont think the spino was the main one. Raptors wanted their eggs back and alan grant's apprentice even made a raptor voice box. Lets not forget the terradactyl's in the cage. That seemed decent.

only thing about the 3rd i didnt like was the length. It was barely over 80mins or so.

Spartan005
no. no cgi.

For the sake of my faith in the human race, I really hope you're joking. no expression

Ms.Marvel
you cant show me cgi that looks more real then the animatronics in jurassic park..
srsly. you cant. cause its impossible!

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/t-rex-jurassic-park.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/25/article-1155482-03A97D4F000005DC-85_468x286.jpg

no expression

AngryManatee
you cant show me cgi that looks more real then the animatronics in jurassic park..
srsly. you cant. cause its impossible!

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/t-rex-jurassic-park.jpg

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2009/02/25/article-1155482-03A97D4F000005DC-85_468x286.jpg

no expression

That was a cgi scene in Jurassic Park... confused

Edit: And as long as that gay Spinosaur gets killed by a rex in the 4th, then I'll be happy.

Ms.Marvel
haha. no its not.

it is?

Kazenji
Originally posted by NemeBro
If there was a Turok movie that did the games half the justice they are do(Early Turok, **** everyone Evolution and after) then it would be better than every Jurassic Park movie. Srsly.

Theres not just games to the Turok name theres also comics.

Ms.Marvel
haha. no its not.

it is?

yeah it is. the cgi scenes are whenever the dinosaurs entire body is seen or when it is running. only the close ups are animatronics.

still unbeatable though. ermm

That ACDC Chick
i hope they get along with setting a date for this cause ive been a fan of the series since the first came out when i was only two or three

-Pr-
i dont think they sued cgi in the first one.

they had to. the gallimimus, the raptors in parts, and even the t-rex at times. the fact that we can't tell the difference at times is what makes the cgi so good.

NemeBro
yeah it is. the cgi scenes are whenever the dinosaurs entire body is seen or when it is running. only the close ups are animatronics.

still unbeatable though. ermm Self pwnage is awesome.

Ms.Marvel
shut up. laughing out loud

romedas32
i like only part 1
i don't like part 2 part 3
only part 1 is good

Hell Lancer
wasn't david boreanaz listed for this movie? confused

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=60710

AndrewJose
I love Jurassic park series movies All of them are milestone of cinema,about third one there was no misery in special effects and cinematography.

I hope 4 will be a gold addition

kylerhodes
Over at Bloody Disgusting, this is quickly shaping up to be the Week of News About Sequels You Will Not Want to See -- hot on the heels of yesterday's report about Alone in the Dark II, the site is offering up a bit of incredible (in the worst sense of the word) news about Jurassic Park IV.

Kazenji
I'd rather see Jurassic Park 4 and then a shite-ful sequal to Uwe boll's Alone in the dark.

The Nuul
Megan Fox should be in this...

Kazenji
Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes Screenwriters Hired For JURASSIC PARK 4

Newjak
You mean they are actually gonna do this now?

Aquitaine
Originally posted by Newjak

Is anybody really going to care though? I had fun watching JP3 but its not what anyone really expected to see.

Lots of ideas around about JP4, perhaps a return to a darker serious tone? Seems to be the trend and would suit the material.

Patient_Leech

Was there ever any doubt? I always assumed it was only a matter of time..

Newjak
Originally posted by Aquitaine
Is anybody really going to care though? I had fun watching JP3 but its not what anyone really expected to see.

Lots of ideas around about JP4, perhaps a return to a darker serious tone? Seems to be the trend and would suit the material. That's what I'm wondering where exactly can they take this series for something new and fresh.

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Was there ever any doubt? I always assumed it was only a matter of time.. I guess I just hadn't heard it in awhile, plus I didn't know where they could take this series.

Patient_Leech
That's what I'm wondering where exactly can they take this series for something new and fresh.

Has that ever stopped Hollywood from making a sequel in the past? lol

Newjak
Has that ever stopped Hollywood from making a sequel in the past? lol Fair point lol.

I guess I just hope they do a good job of the story on this. I would love to get another good JP story.

Kazenji
If its the writers behind Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes it should end up being a good sequel then.

Newjak
If its the writers behind Rise Of The Planet Of The Apes it should end up being a good sequel then. I never saw the movie but I heard some good things about it.

Kazenji
I'm with everyone else here, Don't know where they could take the franchise next.

Patient_Leech
I'm with everyone else here, Don't know where they could take the franchise next.

Laser beams attached to the raptors' heads. Duh..

sweersa
I would like to see more guys with guns vs. dinosaurs. Sort of like the Predator but with many dinosaurs and more soldiers, mercenaries, etc. to fight them. Imagine shooting an RPG at a Tyrannosaurus. big grin

Kazenji

That's almost like Turok.

Myth

I was thinking they could fight the dinosaurs in space. Many movies go to space in the sequels when they run out of ideas. Jason did it, the Leprechaun, even the Muppets!

steverules_2
Remind me how well that went for them sly

Kazenji
They've done dinosaurs in space for a game franchise, Dino Crisis and the reviews were mixed.

steverules_2
To be honest no matter what they do...it'll never be as good as the first movie, Jurassic Park 2 was...okish, the part where the T-rex rampages through San Diego was just the best though. Jurassic Park 3 was just...average. Jurassic Park 4 in space...couldn't be the worst idea I guess.

siriuswriter
The only thing going for this movie is that the visuals will be sensational - which is probably the only reason they're making another one.

Patient_Leech
Originally posted by siriuswriter
The only thing going for this movie is that the visuals will be sensational - which is probably the only reason they're making another one.

Yeah. Good point. I always enjoy seeing some cool dinosaurs even if it is (and probably will be) total crap. Hell, even the third one was relatively entertaining. It was cool seeing the pterydactyl.

http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/jp3-badbirdy.jpg

Kazenji
They've been using what was left out of first movie's adaptation of the book with the movies sequels, With the birdcage and pterodactyl's for the third movie

not sure what else is left over.

RE: Blaxican
The third movie wasn't bad.

It just sucked compared to its predecessors.

steverules_2
Originally posted by siriuswriter

Actually 3D is another reason why they'd do another

Kazenji
Originally posted by steverules_2
Actually 3D is another reason why they'd do another

Well the first one is getting re-released in 3D.

RE: Blaxican
3-D and visuals would go under the same category...

steverules_2
Well the first one is getting re-released in 3D.

Funny you mention that cause as I was writing about the 4th being in 3D I was thinking to myself I bet they'll rerelease the first in 3D so it really doesn't surprise me. I saw JAWS being played in the cinema the other day, whether that was in 3D I don't know, it didn't say 3D next to it like it usually would for a 3D movie.

Patient_Leech
These studios are crazy for re-releasing stuff in 3D. They've got to be out of their mind if they think I'm gonna shell out $15 to see a movie that I can just pop into my player for free. The thrill of 3D isn't really worth that much money.

How well did Titanic do with its re-release, anyway?

siriuswriter
Peh. 3-D falls under the category of visual effects. stick out tongue

Oh, and Kazenji, they're using scraps of the second book too - even though they made "The Lost World."

I love how they cut almost all the intelligence out of the book and then smashed it into a faux-Disney ride and then Samuel Jackson's character.

Aquitaine
You know, the guy that wrote Highlander 2 should do it. They aren't REALLY genetically engineered...

-Pr-
Apparently, we have a release date: June 13th 2014

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98802

-kV-
I'm so pumped for this film. I have watched JP I and II more than a dozen times already.

I can't wait for the raptors to return.

Hopefully, it'll have a good plot.

steverules_2
Originally posted by -kV-
I'm so pumped for this film. I have watched JP I and II more than a dozen times already.

I can't wait for the raptors to return.

Hopefully, it'll have a good plot.

Not a fan of the third movie?

Ridley_Prime
I thought the 2nd one was probably worse than the 3rd one, with the 1st one being the best of course.

So this comes out two days after my birthday huh? Good timing then. Looking forward to it.

Kazenji
Coming next year the next movie

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174419-its-official-jurassic-park-iv-is-coming-in-2014

steverules_2
Man I really wish they'd come out with a poster

I swear if they came with a poster that had a T-rex footprint puddle with an IV under it in Jurassic park font I would geekasm like never before

-Pr-
Coming next year the next movie

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/174419-its-official-jurassic-park-iv-is-coming-in-2014

Scroll up. vin

Man I really wish they'd come out with a poster

I swear if they came with a poster that had a T-rex footprint puddle with an IV under it in Jurassic park font I would geekasm like never before

laughing out loud

As long as it's good I'll be happy. To this day JP still seems like it has the best dinosaurs on film imo.

steverules_2
Oh yeah the effects are amazing, I always love seeing the dinosaurs

Although JP2 wasn't great I will always love the T-rex going on a rampage through San Diego

Newjak
Man I hope this is good I love the first one big grin

steverules_2
First one is the best, it'll be hard to top that

-Pr-
I liked all three personally. I would say 1 and 3 are better than 2 though.

Tzeentch._
Lost World was amazing- it had the best set-pieces in the trilogy. Lay off the weed guys. uhuh

steverules_2
To be honest gimme a movie with plenty of T-Rex and I'm golden

Patient_Leech
So is there a director yet? And is there any clue as to what it's gonna be about?

Kazenji
So is there a director yet? And is there any clue as to what it's gonna be about?

Who's knows for both.

PMiddy001
The original Jurassic Park was (in my humble opinion) Spielberg's last film. Everything he's released since has been hand-held madness.

Kazenji
It has a director onboard

Safety Not Guaranteed director Colin Trevorrow

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=75774

dynamix
Not familiar with his work but i hope they switch it up a bit and explore sea creatures. Mosasaur or lipleurodon would be a good subject lol.

jinXed by JaNx
unless there is dinosaurs eating children and rampaging through cities whilst battling the worlds military i have no interest in this shit. the first one is a masterpiece and should be cherished. everything after needs to be forgotten.

maybe they can do a crossover because those are cool now. have the dinosaurs team up with the monkeys from that ape movie.

Kazenji
Jurassic Park 4 director Colin Trevorrow is teasing that the action will return to Isla Nublar in the 2014 release

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/176643-director-colin-trevorrow-teases-the-first-behind-the-scenes-shot-from-jurassic-park-iv

steverules_2
Back to the old roots...that'd be interesting

Kazenji
I found out for the ending with Jurassic Park the novel they ended up napalmed the island

maybe they could do that with this movie.

Ridley_Prime
Would kinda be depressing if they did compared to the way the first movie ended, much as it'd make sense.

Major_Lexington
Finally watching Jurassic Park in 3D tonight, real lucky it's still showing!!! big grin

(Couldn't find the JP 3D thread)

Kazenji
Sam Neill drops the reboot bomb regarding JP4

http://www.themarysue.com/sam-neill-jurassic-park-reboot/

Kazenji
Well its been confirmed the 4th movie to be out 2015

http://www.horror-movies.ca/2013/06/jurassic-park-4-coming-in-2015/

Zack Fair
Not sure what to think.

COG Veteran
According to a source from screenrant, the original draft called for an entertainment park on the original island, then everything goes to hell with the crowds of people still trapped. Kinda like that Jaws sequel, with the underwater attractions. Something to think about.

Kazenji
http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/179181-universal-to-release-jurassic-world-on-june-12-2015

FistOfThe North
Too bad Spielberg's only producing it and not directing it..

Kazenji
Depends on who's directing it.

Impediment
Thread title updated.

steverules_2
It's coming out June 2015 is it? I can't wait, and the title sounds pretty epic...so long to the park part of it I guess, hope Dr Grant and Malcolm are in it again and a T-Rex

Ridley_Prime
So it won't be just dinosaurs running rampant in a park this time, but the whole world? Would be interesting if that's what the new title was referring to.

Major_Lexington
Jurassic World.... Sounds kinda cool

Kazenji
A pitch trailer for the movie, a scene that won't be in the movie

5ZL_5xh4pjc

edit

found out that is a animation project/possible video game that has nothing to do with the JP series.......curse you superherohype.

steverules_2
F*CK THATS AWESOME!!!

Major_Lexington
looks great!

Patient_Leech
Been removed. : /

steverules_2
HA! I caught something before it got removed, that never happens

TheGodKiller
edit

found out that is a animation project/possible video game that has nothing to do with the JP series.......curse you superherohype.
Is it only that particular scene, or the "movie" itself?

Kazenji
Just that particular scene.

Kazenji
Josh Brolin in talks

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/josh-brolin-in-talks-to-star-in-jurassic-world-1200738454/

erik.dansereau
Has a lot of potential I don't want to wait until 2015.. seriously

COG Veteran
This film seems to have been cast well so far. Not exited about the kid from IM3 being in it but I'm hopefull.

BruceSkywalker
this should turn out to be good

Patient_Leech
Some casting news (click image)...

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1384785385_irrfan-khan-life-of-pi.jpg

steverules_2
No Dr Grant or Ian Malcolm for this?

Patient_Leech
No Dr Grant or Ian Malcolm for this?

I dunno. Haven't really read anything one way or the other. But I hope this rumor is true: Idris Elba

And then there's this, confirming that it's indeed a sequel and not a 'reboot.'

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/embedded_images/1385636031_Screenshot_2013-11-28_at_11.53.05_AM.png

Patient_Leech
I didn't know who this fu#k face was until now, but I suppose it's news...

Chris Pratt Officially Confirmed to Star in Jurassic World!

Lestov16
Surprised Niel or Goldblum haven't been contacted. They don't seem to be busy

Patient_Leech
Goldblum is hopefully busy getting ready to do some ID4 sequels... god, I hope so...

As far as Jurassic Park goes, I don't mind some new faces. The dinosaurs are the real attraction.

steverules_2
I want some t-rex's big grin they can kill that as$hole spinosaur

Patient_Leech
T-rex is great, of couse. But I hope they come up with some more obscure yet still interesting types to get the spotlight here and there. Preferably carnivores, since they're more menacing, scary, and exciting.

Robtard
Goldblum is hopefully busy getting ready to do some ID4 sequels... god, I hope so... laughing

Patient_Leech
Don't laugh at my Goldblum wet dream... mad

He will rule us all one day...

http://www.craveonline.com/images/stories/2011/2012/March/Comedy/Poop%20Celebs/jeff_goldblum.jpg

Kazenji
They're returning back to Isla Nublar

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=93659

Patient_Leech
Teaser poster, I suppose (click image for source)....

http://img.moviepilot.com/assets/tarantulaV2/article_images/jurassic-world--aka-jurassic-park-4--teaser-poster-by-paulrom-d6n7jln_1392738417.jpg

Kazenji
Vincent D'Onofrio joins

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/jurassic-world-brings-in-vincent-donofrio-to-play-the-villain

Patient_Leech
That's awesome news. I like D'Onofrio a lot. I've been saying for years that he needs to do more movies.

Kazenji
I've been saying for years that he needs to do more movies.

Which he has been lately, Just check out his IMDB.

Jim Colyer
Not another one!

quanchi112
I am not excited about this at all.

Tzeentch
I know you're excited for these nuts.

Kazenji
He will be when some footage gets released.

Patient_Leech
Some concept images...

click

Tzeentch
Oh God.

A giant resort on a dinosaur infested island?

What could possibly go wrong???!

Kazenji
You'd think by now they would've got it figured out by now, After everything went to shit with John Hammond attempt at a park.

Patient_Leech
^ Hey, look on the bright side... maybe these are genetically altered dinosaurs that only attack lawyers now.

Kazenji
The first photo's

http://www.superherohype.com/news/299769-the-first-photos-from-jurassic-world-have-arrived

Esau Cairn
Thanks Kaz!

That pic of the fold up chair's really got me excited!

Patient_Leech
^ That's a peculiar fetish, lol.

Esau Cairn
I've got a banana lounge you'll love. cool Happy Dance cool

BruceSkywalker
i dont care who is in this.. im seeing it..

will be looking forward to seeing the dinosaurs kill just about everyone

steverules_2
I'd like to see a T-Rex go to a Justin Bieber concert and eat him smile

BruceSkywalker
I'd like to see a T-Rex go to a Justin Bieber concert and eat him smile

maybe beiber filmed a scene and that actually happens big grin embarrasment

Kazenji
Apparently there were rumors a couple of weeks ago from JoBlo

the director confirms them to be true

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=100899

crossbred dinosaurs ?