Daken vs Ares

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
Standard equipment. Who wins?

srankmissingnin
Likely Daken. Ares has already shown to be easily manipulated by Daken once, I don't think there is much of a chance of a fight between the two leaning in the God of War's favour with pheromones allowed.

weaponx510
lol the god wins

thanos-prime
Ares

srankmissingnin
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Be objective people. Being a "god" means next to nothing in Marvel, it means he has super strength and longevity... big deal. So, tell me, what exactly is on Ares resume that makes you think he could beat Daken? Because I don't see how the word "God" on the letter head, is somehow more important than all the references of being Hercules whipping boy that come below.

... Dudes been downed by small arms fire before, for Christ's sake.

Bouboumaster
Daken

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Be objective people. Being a "god" means next to nothing in Marvel, it means he has super strength and longevity... big deal. So, tell me, what exactly is on Ares resume that makes you think he could beat Daken? Because I don't see how the word "God" on the letter head, is somehow more important than all the references of being Hercules whipping boy that come below.

You were missed, srank.

Daken wins, Ares has yet to impress me.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You were missed, srank.

Daken wins, Ares has yet to impress me.

Had a nice showing against A-Bomb although it was brief.

Survivor19
And then came Dani Moonstar and told him his place.

Rage.Of.Olympus
roll eyes (sarcastic)

He was shot in the head, and body multiple times by Police Man, and got right back up. Nice healing feat. His also shown to shrug off firearms, so his durability fluctuates.

Just saying.....

srankmissingnin
I don't think he wasn't shot in the head. He took a few bullets to the arms, and the rest center mass; there was just some blood on his face when he fell...

On a related note, Ares needs a better shield / bullet proof vest because those handgun bullets didn't have any trouble penetrating both of them... wtf? confused

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
He was shot in the head, and body multiple times by Police Man, and got right back up. Nice healing feat. His also shown to shrug off firearms, so his durability fluctuates.

Just saying.....

He almost beat Mikaboshi, that was insane.

jalek moye
Daken

Ares is awesome, but not that powerful

Rage.Of.Olympus
I don't think he wasn't shot in the head. He took a few bullets to the arms, and the rest center mass; there was just some blood on his face when he fell...

On a related note, Ares needs a better shield / bullet proof vest because those handgun bullets didn't have any trouble penetrating both of them... wtf? confused

I'm pretty sure he got a bullet in the head. I even recall the commenting he got shot in the head.

jalek moye

Just saying.....

his armor is bullet proof not him, in most incarnations

srankmissingnin
Just checked, the cop does say he shot Ares in the head.

It's a real shame about Ares, he was such a great character in Oemings hands... now he is dumb as a board, unlikeable asshat, with little or no sense of strategy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jalek moye
his armor is bullet proof not him, in most incarnations

He was taking bullets not only on his armor, but his own skin too and was unharmed. From the Black Widow I believe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just checked, the cop does say he shot Ares in the head.

It's a real shame about Ares, he was such a great character in Oemings hands... now he is dumb as a board, unlikeable asshat, with little or no sense of strategy.

Yea Oemings made Ares a beast. Dude was ****ing badass. Oeming excels at writing like that. I miss him on Thor. Though Ares is written as a bit more physically superior now but that's nothing major.

Warlord
ares

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Had a nice showing against A-Bomb although it was brief.

I know. Still, Bruce Banner dodged his attack sad

Isn't Rick supposed to be adamantium proof?

Just saying.....

Yeah, his durability fluctuates. A lot, in fact. Remember the War Machine fight? Ares was unscathed.

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I know. Still, Bruce Banner dodged his attack sad

Isn't Rick supposed to be adamantium proof?

yea he didn't get scratched by adamantium claws earlier on

Kris Blaze
yea he didn't get scratched by adamantium claws earlier on

Man, I have little faith in those supposed "adamantium quality" weapons and robots we see.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Man, I have little faith in those supposed "adamantium quality" weapons and robots we see.

Are you saying that if you made an Adamantium robot it wouldn't be a Harpie? Who do you think your fooling? stick out tongue

StiltmanFTW
laughing out loud

beast1234
Likely Daken. Ares has already shown to be easily manipulated by Daken once, I don't think there is much of a chance of a fight between the two leaning in the God of War's favour with pheromones allowed.

I still can't belive that Ares got manipulated by Daken.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by beast1234
I still can't belive that Ares got manipulated by Daken.

The Olympians are a species of extra-deminsional beings. The only godly thing about them is that they where worshiped briefly before the Celestials came and told them to butt out of the lives of humans. Don't think of them as gods because with that you bring your own set of preconceived notions. They are just a different species of humanoids, like Atlantians, In-humans and anyone of the numerous species that populate the Marvel-verse. The word god has the odd effect of polluting the opinions of people on this forum and causing them to ignore a character's history in favour of the preconceived notions that come with the word god. Don't think of Ares as a god, because he isn't one, and things should be much easier for you to wrap your head around.

psycho gundam
no sense of strategy. well, ares is the god of blood-thirsty, melee combat.

palas athena is the goddess of strategic warfare.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
well, ares is the god of blood-thirsty, melee combat.

palas athena is the goddess of strategic warfare.

He was singing a much different tune in issue 5 of his mini.

psycho gundam
the one where he lit himself on fire to increase his gar factor?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the one where he lit himself on fire to increase his gar factor?

Hells yeah!

... But more specifically after that part, two issues later when is telling Alex and Mikaboshi why they couldn't be the god of war.

D-Block
Ares

Sin I AM
The Olympians are a species of extra-deminsional beings. The only godly thing about them is that they where worshiped briefly before the Celestials came and told them to butt out of the lives of humans. Don't think of them as gods because with that you bring your own set of preconceived notions. They are just a different species of humanoids, like Atlantians, In-humans and anyone of the numerous species that populate the Marvel-verse. The word god has the odd effect of polluting the opinions of people on this forum and causing them to ignore a character's history in favour of the preconceived notions that come with the word god. Don't think of Ares as a god, because he isn't one, and things should be much easier for you to wrap your head around.

so the same case can be said about the Asgardians?

jalek moye
Isn't Zues the spawn of the Earth Elder Gods tho?

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Sin I AM
so the same case can be said about the Asgardians?

All of the pantheons are extra-deminsional beings. The Olympians are the most "god-like" being functionally immortal in their own right (ie not aided by the magical properties of a mystic fruit), so if anything that it applies to the Asgardians more so than the Olympians.

jalek moye
All of the pantheons are extra-deminsional beings. The Olympians are the most "god-like" being functionally immortal in their own right (ie not aided by the magical properties of a mystic fruit), so if anything that it applies to the Asgardians more so than the Olympians.

Well Odin "supposedly" created Humanity

srankmissingnin
Isn't Zues the spawn of the Earth Elder Gods tho?

Gaea is allegedly the "mother" of all the pantheons.

srankmissingnin
Well Odin "supposedly" created Humanity

I thought Gaea killed of the dinosaurs to allow for humanity to prosper... confused

It's all terribly convoluted and incoherent if we are being honest.

jalek moye
I thought Gaea killed of the dinosaurs to allow for humanity to prosper... confused

It's all terribly convoluted and incoherent if we are being honest.

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Thor_7_DCP_026.jpg
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l92/priest_85/Thor_7_DCP_028.jpg

who knows, he claims he did though

Mindset
Ares is buffer.

He wins.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Mindset
Ares is buffer.

He wins.

Plus his mohawk was nicer... and also more spikierer.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v207/sinister_samurai/Ares511-12.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.