Captain America vs Rhino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
desert island, broad daylight, start 25m apart. who wins? no PIS, though cis is as always in effect.

Wild Shadow
no pis or CIS rhino stomps cap all day...... in a comic plot induce stupid writers moment cap one shots rhino in the face with his fist for a ko..

Survivor19
Steve? Classic shield?
Cap throws him off the island and makes him drown.
Cap 8/10

weaponx510
bubky or classic cap whould beat rhino your all turning rhino into the new wolverine

BruceSkywalker
hasn't Cap beaten Rhino already???

or is this Bucky Rhino is fighting?

leonidas
it's classic cap, of course . . . just not sure why everyone is so rady to give it to cap, yet so hesitant to give it to bats.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by leonidas
it's classic cap, of course . . . just not sure why everyone is so rady to give it to cap, yet so hesitant to give it to bats.

classic cap stomps...

agree on second statement

Priest
Steve did knock out the Hulk...

Blanket
it's classic cap, of course . . . just not sure why everyone is so rady to give it to cap, yet so hesitant to give it to bats. Marvel

tkitna

Because Caps far superior to Batman.

smart

Spire
Cap.

Eternal Idol
In a comic, Cap stomps Rhino all day.

I think Rhino should win, otherwise.

Blanket
In a comic... Cap would, has, and could win. But no, Cap should lose everytime.

Eternal Idol
Welcome back, Bran.

batdude123
Originally posted by Blanket
In a comic... Cap would, has, and could win. But no, Cap should lose everytime.

laughing out loud

Master Court
I figure Cap or Bats can take Rhino. A dipsh*t brick that runs around and keeps swinging is the kind of guy that Cap and Bats get to show off against. They've both beaten bigger and better guys than Rhino.

batdude123
Originally posted by Master Court
I figure Cap or Bats can take Rhino. A dipsh*t brick that runs around and keeps swinging is the kind of guy that Cap and Bats get to show off against. They've both beaten bigger and better guys than Rhino.

Yes, that is absolutely 100% correct.

Having said that...

Rhino 10/10.

Eternal Idol
I think Digi said it best in the Batman vs. Rhino thread:
Originally posted by Digi
Realistically, Rhino's durability >>>> Croc's. Nothing Bats has in his standard gear could put a dent in Rhino. Is Rhino dumb? yes. Is Batman Batman? Sure. But there's a limit to what we can consider to be CIS's limits.

That's a lot of peoples' feeling. But let's put him up against, say, Aunt May. And I don't mean in a "lol, May pwns" way, but seriously. She dies, and fast. So there's a limit to CIS here. And while he is an amusing forum punchline, he has taken Spider-Man down more than once. He has fought against the Hulk more than once, not winning but holding his own for a while. And he is capable of beating heroes/villains/etc. despite his less-than-stellar intelligence.

So again, with only standard equipment and a desert island, even Batman's intellect is limited here. You could make a Spider v. Bats with the same stipulations, and Spider-Man would roll. And I guarantee you Spidey doesn't take 10/10 off of Rhino in this fight, again in such a limiting environment. So where does that leave Batman? Not well off.

So there will be a lot of people with similar opinions to "well, Batman could find a way," but won't have the faintest idea how he'd find it. And until I see it, Rhino wins this easy, and every time.

Just switch out Batman for Captain America, really.

Cap would make Rhino out to be a fool every time on-panel, I won't argue that. However, debating what would happen in the comics and debating a hypothetical fight between the two outside the comics are two entirely different things. I didn't think Batman would be able to beat Rhino, and it would be hypocritical if I thought Captain America would be able to succeed.

Master Court
Originally posted by batdude123
Yes, that is absolutely 100% correct.

Having said that...

Rhino 10/10.

You... But you... And then... WTF!?

Cap has beaten Iron Man. Bats has beaten Bane. And Rhino beats his meat.

Since CIS is on, making Rhino a dumbass, how does he win 10/10?

Well, actually, now that I notice it's the "desert island" thing again; there's really not much Cap or Bats could do, is there? They could avoid him for quite a while, but to what ends? Physically, neither should be able to hurt him, and they don't have any environmental combat-assets, like a weak building to collapse on him or a cliff to drop him off of. Hmmm...

Phantom Zone
You... But you... And then... WTF!?

Cap has beaten Iron Man. Bats has beaten Bane. And Rhino beats his meat.

Since CIS is on, making Rhino a dumbass, how does he win 10/10?

Well, actually, now that I notice it's the "desert island" thing again; there's really not much Cap or Bats could do, is there? They could avoid him for quite a while, but to what ends? Physically, neither should be able to hurt him, and they don't have any environmental combat-assets, like a weak building to collapse on him or a cliff to drop him off of. Hmmm...

I dont think hes serious, hes just making fun of another posters logic. ie theres proof that he can get wins but im just going to ignore it.

Master Court
Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.

EDIT: Or when we create new f*cking pages...

Rage.Of.Olympus
In all honesty Rhino should rip Captain America apart every time he gets his hands on him.

In a comic, Rhino get's embarrassed. Hell, the Hulk got "Son'ed" by Captain America.

psycho gundam
I figure Cap or Bats can take Rhino. A dipsh*t brick that runs around and keeps swinging is the kind of guy that Cap and Bats get to show off against. They've both beaten bigger and better guys than Rhino. captain america doesn't fight like batman at all, his style is synergistic with the legendary shield. you can't really just swap them in the combat department. erm

rhino wins the majority still, cap's shield toss imo can't ko current rhino and CQC will only hold him off for so long.

and the "bombz trone down da thraot" gimmick can even be brought up here.

Master Court
Originally posted by psycho gundam
captain america doesn't fight like batman at all, his style is synergistic with the legendary shield. you can't really just swap them in the combat department. erm

Nah, you missed me, dog. I wasn't comparing their fighting styles, that was some other dude. I was comparing who they've fought. With their own styles, and in one way or another, they've each individually beaten badder threats than Rhino. Rhino, when you think about it, is much simpler than most of the guys they've beaten. But, no, they definitely don't fight similar at all. I can imagine Batman using his gadgets, and Cap using shield-assisted nerve strikes. But, I really can't say who would take a majority on a desert island. Batman oughta take more losses than Cap in this scenario, as Cap has experience on open battlefields, whereas Batman relies heavily on high vantage points, exploiting the environment, and his gadgets. Or, he would in this case, as he couldn't possibly physically hurt Rhino with his bare fists. If there are trees and bushes and sh*t around, I imagine Batman could hide for a while before Rhino levels the place. But what's the long term goal in that?

As you can clearly see, I'm still pondering the whole thing. Any thoughts? How would Batman or Captain America fight Rhino on Gilligan's island? Oh, and is this a "deserted island" as in it's simply void of civilians and off the maps, or "desert island" as in it's a completely barren mound of sand?

psycho gundam
the OP said "desert island", i guess it's just a sand bar sort of thing out in the ocean. not really the best habitat for a jet black suit or a suit painted with the stars and stripes. no expression

batman or cap's best bet is to go straight into the water and..... oh shit maybe they can take his ass out like that.

nosweat

Master Court
Well, it sounds like Batman would be screwed. If he doesn't take his suit off, he'll drop dead from heat stroke. He's got his toys, but there's no way off the island. He couldn't swim back to the mainland. It would seem Rhino squishes Batman.

Captain America stands a better chance. His suit probably attracts a lot less heat. He does have an unbreakable shield that's sharp enough to cut through robots and cars and sh*t, and he has phenomenal stamina like me. But if Cap gets hit once, he flies into the water and gets eaten by Jaws. That's if he blocks it with his shield. If he doesn't, he bursts like a watermelon and his body slumps over.

Still pondering...

psycho gundam
not really a heat stroke issue, its more of an inability to hide on a flat, sand coloured island. the only shapes against the horizon would be the rhino and cap.

ExtraMision5555
How does rhino pick up speed in the sand? Have you ever tried to run in sand? IMO, rhino's general non-agility and clumsy fighting methods going to put him slightly under cap

psycho gundam
meh, sand probably just slows you down by one third, and it impedes the both of them, imo not as much rhino since he already runs pretty damn fast for a guy his size and weight.

and rhinoès feet are broader.

h1a8
We all know Cap will win in comics but can he win in this forum fight?

Cap's shield is the key. He can easily beat Rhino, even kill him, with a few large ram smashes to his face with the edge. Cap can trip him up cause him to fall and then go to town on his face with the shield.

Warlord
Cap makes Rhino sing the national anthem

Master Court
Originally posted by psycho gundam
not really a heat stroke issue, its more of an inability to hide on a flat, sand coloured island. the only shapes against the horizon would be the rhino and cap.

Yeah, I got that. I was merely adding. I was wearing a black shirt yesterday and it was f*cking blazing.

Anyway, being on a desert island pretty much removes 99% of the possibility of strategy. Maybe Cap could kneecap Rhino? Or slice the Achilles tendon?

Lord Feron
IMO Cap has a distinct advantage that batman does not have. THe Sheild. Imo Cap would be able to easily dodge Rhino for a very long time due to his essentially inexhaustible stamina. He can dance with Rhino all day and night.

Anyway the sheild, reapeated hits with that to the back of the head, keen into the throat , I mean whatever will eventually put Rhino down.

occultdestroyer
You get the same result as that Batman VS Rhino thread.

Cap America would be CRUSHED literally.

Phantom Zone
^ Wackness all day long.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by h1a8
We all know Cap will win in comics but can he win in this forum fight?

Cap's shield is the key. He can easily beat Rhino, even kill him, with a few large ram smashes to his face with the edge. Cap can trip him up cause him to fall and then go to town on his face with the shield. not even.

it took a fun smash to decapitate the vampire baron blood, whom cap thoroughly beat prior to the beheading. rhino's not only got a far bigger neck, but he's also howitzer proof on top of that.

vampires are pretty strong, but rhino's like 75+ x stronger than baron blood.

batdude123
The way you muthaf*ckas talk about Rhino, he shouldn't even be a Spider-man foe. He should be a Hulk foe.

Phantom Zone
SHHHHIEEEEEETTTTTTT

Eternal Idol
Originally posted by batdude123
The way you muthaf*ckas talk about Rhino, he shouldn't even be a Spider-man foe. He should be a Hulk foe.
Well, technically he was. Got his ass kicked every time, but that usually happens to most characters when they try to go toe-to-toe with Hulk.

Master Court
It's all in the scenario.

If this were Captain America or Batman vs Rhino in a city, I'd say either beats Rhino 10 for 10.

But on a small flat chunk of sand in the middle of the ocean, there's not much they can do there. Except with Cap's shield, I think he could take quite a few. And if Batman uses his gadgets right. Depends on what he takes with him. How strong is his grapple line? Could he hog-tie Rhino? big grin

Mshinu
Does Rhino even know how to swim?

Master Court
Rhino versus the backstroke...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.