Movie Character Respect Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment
So I have had numerous people PM me about creating a Movie Respect Forum. I see no problem with it. I'll even mod the damn thing. How many other people agree on having one?

Sadako of Girth
What does such a thread entail...?

Impediment
Basically, it's a place where people make threads about their favorite movie characters (McClane, Riggs, Indy, etc) and discuss their favorite things about them. Also, you jackasses who frequent the MVF could iron out some issues there and, then, mosey back to the MVF and continue the thread unabashed. stick out tongue

BruceSkywalker
thumb up

Impediment
Just go to the Comic Book Respect and Video Game Respect Forums and glance at a few threads and you'll get the idea.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Impediment
Basically, it's a place where people make threads about their favorite movie characters (McClane, Riggs, Indy, etc) and discuss their favorite things about them. Also, you jackasses who frequent the MVF could iron out some issues there and, then, mosey back to the MVF and continue the thread unabashed. stick out tongue

stick out tongue Hehehehe

Okey doke. Cheers for the info.

Impediment
I'm all for this, actually. This could really help out some shit in the MVF.

Alpha-7
Sounds like a really good idea.

gobstakid777
Mcclane dickriders will finally get their thread

and riidck dickriders,such as myself, will finally get ours

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by gobstakid777
Mcclane dickriders will finally get their thread

and riidck dickriders,such as myself, will finally get ours

Do I need to post the picture again?

Anyway.

I highly support this idea. What's the worst that happens? It gets closed for inactivity? What's the loss in trying.

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Do I need to post the picture again?

what the hell dude

Wanderer11
I really like this idea. I cannot see why it wouldn't work.

-Pr-
Sounds good. thumb up

Digi
Just go to the Comic Book Respect and Video Game Respect Forums and glance at a few threads and you'll get the idea.

The only problem I see if that there isn't a good way to chronicle achievements, feats, etc. from a movie. An occasional clip, maybe, but not the same depth as the other two genres, simply because of the format.

Otherwise, good luck.

Bardock42
Oh my god, I'm going to throw up.

Rogue Jedi
Basically, it's a place where people make threads about their favorite movie characters (McClane, Riggs, Indy, etc) and discuss their favorite things about them. Also, you jackasses who frequent the MVF could iron out some issues there and, then, mosey back to the MVF and continue the thread unabashed. stick out tongue Why not just let them/us start the respect threads in the movie forum itself? Is a seperate forum really needed?

Impediment
Because a veritable slew of respect threads would clutter up the MDF, and I can't have that. I have had over 10 pm's, and, personally, I think that this would be a good idea to avoid any traffic.

Paola
make those guys post in here, Imp

would you allow director's respect threads?

BruceSkywalker
Because a veritable slew of respect threads would clutter up the MDF, and I can't have that. I have had over 10 pm's, and, personally, I think that this would be a good idea to avoid any traffic.

i agree that it would be a good idea, but how would you want us to do it?

Impediment
Just make/post threads of your fav movie characters and discuss their entailments.

BruceSkywalker
Just make/post threads of your fav movie characters and discuss their entailments.

i am down for that

Rogue Jedi
Because a veritable slew of respect threads would clutter up the MDF, and I can't have that. I have had over 10 pm's, and, personally, I think that this would be a good idea to avoid any traffic. Bring it on, *****.

Impediment
Originally posted by Paola
make those guys post in here, Imp

would you allow director's respect threads?

Hmm....director respect threads.

That would seem better suited for either the MDF or the Celebrity Forum, methinks.

Bardock42
So it's decided, no Movie Respect forum, cause it would just dumb down the already dangerously low intelligence level in the movie forum.

Placidity
When is this going to become a reality?

Cmon guys!

Impediment
We have to wait for Raz to mosey on back this way so he can create the forum.

Placidity
Its been a month. Now I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I'm just excited about the idea, it will really freshen up debates and the movie vs section in general.

Please, Imped, or Raz, or whoever, lets get it on! smile

dadudemon
Originally posted by Placidity
Its been a month. Now I don't want to sound like I'm complaining, but I'm just excited about the idea, it will really freshen up debates and the movie vs section in general.

I agree.

We could do a million and 1 type of physics calculations and actually derive strength feat numbers. It would make debates more...I dunno...less full of B.S. because we'd actually have numbers.

Bardock42
Originally posted by dadudemon
I agree.

We could do a million and 1 type of physics calculations and actually derive strength feat numbers. It would make debates more...I dunno...less full of B.S. because we'd actually have numbers.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Impediment

I sent Raz an e-mail (outside of KMC) and let him know.

All we have to do now is just wait for Raz to log onto KMC and make it.

Bardock42
I sent Raz an e-mail (outside of KMC) and let him know.

All we have to do now is just wait for Raz to log onto KMC and make it. Is there no chance he will read the email, laugh loud and long and then just not do it?

Please? cry

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Bardock42
Is there no chance he will read the email, laugh loud and long and then just not do it?

Please? cry

why are you so against it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
why are you so against it?

It's going to bring totally undesirable (from my point of view) elements to the forum. The vs. forum already devalued a once quite good forum, and the respect forum will just be another sted down to complete retardation. I mean, look at the respect forums KMC has already, they are insanely silly. And did anyone ever even make anything close to resembling a movie character respect thread before, or are we just assuming people will make them once the forum is there (and do we really want that?).

Really, it's purely personal though, I think it will dumb down the movie forum, with the kind of people who like vs. and respect threads (idiots).

Jaeh.is.Awesome
It's going to bring totally undesirable (from my point of view) elements to the forum. The vs. forum already devalued a once quite good forum, and the respect forum will just be another sted down to complete retardation. I mean, look at the respect forums KMC has already, they are insanely silly. And did anyone ever even make anything close to resembling a movie character respect thread before, or are we just assuming people will make them once the forum is there (and do we really want that?).

Really, it's purely personal though, I think it will dumb down the movie forum, with the kind of people who like vs. and respect threads (idiots).

I see your point. -_-

I could see no huge problem with it, though - you could just... you know, stay away... *shrug*

So movie respect forums are all about... I still don't get it much. I checked out the comic book respect forum but i still didn't get it >>.

I was thinking something like a appreciation thread like in the HP forums, but I dunno how it would fit, so...

I dunno if I understood it or not, really. mhmm probably not.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
I see your point. -_-

I could see no huge problem with it, though - you could just... you know, stay away... *shrug*

So movie respect forums are all about... I still don't get it much. I checked out the comic book respect forum but i still didn't get it >>.

I was thinking something like a appreciation thread like in the HP forums, but I dunno how it would fit, so...

I dunno if I understood it or not, really. mhmm probably not. I could and will for the most, but I quite used to like the movie forum, so it annoys me.

Dusty
Sounds like what the Movie Discussion Forum is supposed to be.

Impediment
The MDF is quite nice the way it is now. The MVF is, I have to admit, hectic at times, but it is still a fun place, at times.

A Character Respect Forum is just another outlet for people to discuss their favorite characters.

Impediment
Again, this idea is for movie CHARACTERS and NOT movies.

The MDF is for discussing movies. The respect forum will be for CHARACTERS.

Dusty
Again, this idea is for movie CHARACTERS and NOT movies.

The MDF is for discussing movies. The respect forum will be for CHARACTERS.

Oh, well that makes more sense. Needs a more direct title though, perhaps.

dadudemon
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

What the f**k?

Oh. I get it now. You're trolling. (This time, I'm serious.)

Rogue Jedi

Really, it's purely personal though, I think it will dumb down the movie forum, with the kind of people who like vs. and respect threads (idiots). I seem to remember you in the Bob Lee Swagger/Batman thread.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I seem to remember you in the Bob Lee Swagger/Batman thread.

He was just another one of those "idiots" arguing another "pointless" debate.

Impediment
I edited the thread title. It seemed misleading.

The MVF is for discussing movies.

The MCRF (Movie Character Respect Forum) will be solely for discussing characters and giving them your props. If Raz makes it, that is. stick out tongue

Bardock42
He was just another one of those "idiots" arguing another "pointless" debate.

Very true. I also argued in the Comic vs. forums at times.

Though I am not saying that there can't be good and enjoyable debates in a vs. forum, anyways.

Rogue Jedi
He was just another one of those "idiots" arguing another "pointless" debate. More like arguing the fact that a .50 caliber bullet would tear through Batman like a Peter North jizzshot through wet toilet paper.

Bardock42
What the f**k?

Oh. I get it now. You're trolling. (This time, I'm serious.)
We've been over this.

Bardock42
More like arguing the fact that a .50 caliber bullet would tear through Batman like a Peter North jizzshot through wet toilet paper. I did not argue against that.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Ohhhh. It's a movie character respect forum. now that makes more sense... I think. Idk.

Impediment
I should have been more specific, I admit.

The MDF (Movie Discussion Forum) will stay ever vigilant in it's purpose for discussing movies of past, present, and future.

The proposed MCRF (Movie Character Respect Forum) will be for discussing movie CHARACTERS and giving them the praise that one feels that they deserve without having to make a new thread/revive a dead thread in the MDF.

I think that it will be a good idea.

Placidity
I think Raz needs to be fired and Imped you take his place smile

Bardock42
I think Raz needs to be fired and Imped you take his place smile Raz isn't actually employed, so that might be hard.

Placidity
Raz isn't actually employed, so that might be hard.

I think you need to be fired too.

Rogue Jedi
I did not argue against that. You kinda did. Also that that the tumbler could not be pierced by .50 cal rounds, that the tumbler could not be incapacitated by a claymore, and that Batman could evade Swagger's sniper fire, his assault fire, his pistol fire, and the pipe bombs.

Bardock42
You kinda did. Also that that the tumbler could not be pierced by .50 cal rounds, that the tumbler could not be incapacitated by a claymore, and that Batman could evade Swagger's sniper fire, his assault fire, his pistol fire, and the pipe bombs.

No, I really didn't. I never said he'd survive if he did get hit, I argued that it is possible that he wouldn't get hit in the first place.

Also, I mostly argued the biased nature of the thread, not the fight itself.

I am not sure whether I commented on the tumbler, though I think not, I don't know enough about the stats of it.

Rogue Jedi
But it wasn't really biased, man. Like I have said many times, it was two guys using their weapons seen in the movies, and utilizing the skills they showed in their movies. If Swagger was on the run and knew Batman would eventually come after him, he'd likely retreat to his home state and set up a defense there.

Bardock42
But it wasn't really biased, man. Like I have said many times, it was two guys using their weapons seen in the movies, and utilizing the skills they showed in their movies. If Swagger was on the run and knew Batman would eventually come after him, he'd likely retreat to his home state and set up a defense there.

Actually, you started out with letting Batman walk out of the mobile and stand in straight line of sight for Swagger to shoot, so that was a bit on the biased side.

Rogue Jedi
Actually, you started out with letting Batman walk out of the mobile and stand in straight line of sight for Swagger to shoot, so that was a bit on the biased side. All I did was say that Swagger has positioned himself in an ideal location, one road in and out, which, being a highly trained USMC sniper, he was entirely likely to do. How Batman got to him was up to Batman and entirely open for debate.

Bardock42
All I did was say that Swagger has positioned himself in an ideal location, one road in and out, which, being a highly trained USMC sniper, he was entirely likely to do. How Batman got to him was up to Batman and entirely open for debate.
That is incorrect.

I should probably state that the road only leads so far, that Batman must exit his vehicle and pursue Swagger on foot at a certain point. Also that claymores have been placed at strategic locations throughout the woods, claymores that would shred the Bat if steps into their blast radius.

Why are we arguing this here though?

Rogue Jedi
That is incorrect.

Why are we arguing this here though?

The first part, I stated it like that in case some moron came along and said "ZOMG Batman can run him over in the tumbler!!!" After all, doesn't Batman make a living apprehending the most hard core criminals while on foot?

Bardock42
The first part, I stated it like that in case some moron came along and said "ZOMG Batman can run him over in the tumbler!!!" After all, doesn't Batman make a living apprehending the most hard core criminals while on foot?

He doesn't actually get paid, and the movies didn't show much on his general day to day crime fighting.

Impediment
Okay, let's not start this again. Let's just voice our opinions about a MCRF.

Rogue Jedi
I dont like Emo music, Mattie, sorry.

dadudemon
We've been over this.

Over what?

Rogue Jedi
I saw what you tried to do there.

Bardock42
Over what?

Judging from my posts apparently some sort of "this".

BruceSkywalker
Okay, let's not start this again. Let's just voice our opinions about a MCRF.

the MCRF will be good for the MVF... it will help in lots of ways

Rogue Jedi
Judging from my posts apparently some sort of "this". Or that.

Bardock42
Or that. Surely

dadudemon
Judging from my posts apparently some sort of "this".

Duh. So, what is "this."

Rogue Jedi
That.

Bardock42
That. Leave it, he just doesn't get it.

Rogue Jedi
He does, I think he's pulling your chain.

Bardock42
He does, I think he's pulling your chain.

No wayyyy.

Rogue Jedi
Yes waaaay, B. DDM is a mind game ninja.

Bardock42
Yes waaaay, B. DDM is a mind game ninja.

I totally got double superblown by that.

Raz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f106/

Bardock42
Originally posted by Raz
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f106/

I took its virginity, you're welcome.

Impediment
The MCRF is now open!

Post away!

Thanks, Meister!

Impediment
All we need now is a jump bar!

WickedDynamite
I just made it better. shifty

Raz
All we need now is a jump bar! Thats cached and is automatically updated every hour or so.

Impediment
Thanx, Meister!

AndaleAndale
So I have had numerous people PM me about creating a Movie Respect Forum. I see no problem with it. I'll even mod the damn thing. How many other people agree on having one?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.