Who is faster? Wally West or Azrael 1M?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Prep-Man
Seems Az is the fastest being alive. Can Wally match him?

chomperx9
wally

Prep-Man
Remember that Az teleported from Pluto to Earth in a nanosecond. Or whatever planet it was.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Remember that Az teleported from Pluto to Earth in a nanosecond. Or whatever planet it was. teleportation is different than ones body speed

gobstakid777
flash

Alpha-7
I would say that Wally is the fastest of the two.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by chomperx9
teleportation is different than ones body speed

yes, i know, but az moves at the speed of throught. that speed feat there is one of the best i have seen. can you give me something better for wally? not disputing it, just want some feats.

h1a8
yes, i know, but az moves at the speed of throught. that speed feat there is one of the best i have seen. can you give me something better for wally? not disputing it, just want some feats.

The speed of thought is roughly 30m/s.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by h1a8
The speed of thought is roughly 30m/s.

Yeah, but not necessarily in comics. I remember when Chris Claremont came back, he had Psylocke move at the speed of thought, then the narative part said that it was faster than LIGHT! eek!

I think that's what was shown in the Azreal 1M comic. He moved a LOT faster than the speed of light. Nanosecond fast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Just trying to address some points.

The speed of thought is nothing to Wally West. Flash can crawl backwards faster than the speed of thought. It's nothing.

Yeah, but not necessarily in comics. I remember when Chris Claremont came back, he had Psylocke move at the speed of thought, then the narative part said that it was faster than LIGHT! eek!

I think that's what was shown in the Azreal 1M comic. He moved a LOT faster than the speed of light. Nanosecond fast.

Yea, speed of thought is considered "> Light Speed" in comics for some reason.

Nanosecond fast? Dude, Flash casually moves at picosecond speed. His reacted/moved at attosecond speed.

dazmoney86
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

The speed of thought is nothing to Wally West. Flash can crawl backwards faster than the speed of thought. It's nothing.

Nanosecond fast? Dude, Flash casually moves at picosecond speed. His reacted/moved at attosecond speed. Happy Dance

Prep-Man

Nanosecond fast? Dude, Flash casually moves at picosecond speed. His reacted/moved at attosecond speed.

How many billion, trillions faster than the speed of light do you see wally going? Cause that's how fast Az was.

chomperx9
yes, i know, but az moves at the speed of throught. that speed feat there is one of the best i have seen. can you give me something better for wally? not disputing it, just want some feats. wally has created dimensional portals with his speed

Prep-Man
well, how much faster than light is wally? That doesn't tell me anything.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How many billion, trillions faster than the speed of light do you see wally going? Cause that's how fast Az was.

At his level of speed it isn't really quantifiable unless if you do some serious math and even then that's the speed feats without the time/space dimension breaking. How fast are you going if you run 20 miles and arrive 2 seconds before you left?

Just for the fun of it, how fast would you say his going here:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA88-21.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA88-22.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA89pg01.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA89pg02.jpg

Galan007

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA88-21.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA88-22.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA89pg01.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA89pg02.jpg the writer tells us how fast he was travelling in the third scan you posted: "a hair's breadth short of the speed of light" - and again in the fourth scan: "near-light travel".

assuming he was moving any faster/slower than what the writer specifically told us is... faulty.

anyhow, azrael ftw.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Galan007
the writer tells us how fast he was travelling in the third scan you posted - "a hair's breadth short of the speed of light." assuming he was moving any faster/slower than what the writer specifically told us is... faulty.

anyhow, azrael ftw.

He carried over half a million people 35,000 miles away, from a Nuclear Weapon that already exploded in 0000.1 micro seconds (Not taking into account he was on the other side of the world when it exploded.) is slower than light speed?

I'm going to try and do math here.

jalek moye
are you saying that telporting is a speed feat?

Phantom Zone
There was an Az 1M? When?

h1a8
At his level of speed it isn't really quantifiable unless if you do some serious math and even then that's the speed feats without the time/space dimension breaking. How fast are you going if you run 20 miles and arrive 2 seconds before you left?

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA88-21.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA88-22.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA89pg01.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Flash/th_JLA89pg02.jpg

Here's the math. First let us ignore him traveling halfway around the world to even get to North Korea. The island he carried them to was 35 miles away from the blast so each trip he travel 70miles. So for 500,000 people he traveled at least 70 times 500,000 or 35,000,000 miles in .00001 microseconds.

Now a microsecond is 1x10^-6 seconds (or .000001 seconds for those who don't like scientific notation). But he traveled in .00001 microseconds. That means that he traveled in .00001(.000001) = 1x10^-11 seconds (or .00000000001 seconds).

Thus his average speed was 35,000,000miles/.00000000001sec
= 3.5x10^18miles per second

Now light moves at 186,282 miles per second. So dividing we get
(3.5x10^18)/(186,282) = 1.88x10^13 times the speed of light.
WTF! All I can say is

WOW!!!

jasofisc
He carried over half a million people 35,000 miles away, from a Nuclear Weapon that already exploded in 0000.1 micro seconds (Not taking into account he was on the other side of the world when it exploded.) is slower than light speed?

I'm going to try and do math here.

do all the math you want but the writter (the one telling the story and the final authorty on it) said he was going slower then light

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jasofisc
do all the math you want but the writter (the one telling the story and the final authorty on it) said he was going slower then light

It makes absolutely no sense. Mathematically speaking. But whatever it was a comic.

Kris Blaze
The obvious answer would be Barry.

Mindset
You spelled Bart wrong.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Fanboys.

Wally West > All other Flashes

It's a fact. At least until Johns retcons all of Wally's feats to being Barry in disguise.

Galan007
It makes absolutely no sense. Mathematically speaking. But whatever it was a comic. thumb up

Originally posted by Phantom Zone
There was an Az 1M? When? during the "dc one million" storyline.

here are his feats:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=496222&pagenumber=2

(about 12 posts down)

Kris Blaze
It's a fact. At least until Johns retcons all of Wally's feats to being Barry in disguise.

Wally's prominent days were in the 90s.

'nuff said.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Wally's prominent days were in the 90s.

'nuff said.

Wally > Barry

Prep-Man
thumb up

during the "dc one million" storyline.

here are his feats:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=496222&pagenumber=2

(about 12 posts down)

I saw the respect thread and Az is fast. Not sure who is faster math wise, but it would be close.

Endless Mike
He didn't teleport, he actually flew. It came out to I think dozens of trillions of times lightspeed. I say in base form he beats Wally but if Wally is allowed to steal speed he wins

jasofisc
It makes absolutely no sense. Mathematically speaking. But whatever it was a comic.

true

Kris Blaze
Wally > Barry

In homosexuality? Maybe.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In homosexuality? Maybe.

The only one whose gay is Barry and his boyfriend Hal.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Endless Mike
He didn't teleport, he actually flew. It came out to I think dozens of trillions of times lightspeed. I say in base form he beats Wally but if Wally is allowed to steal speed he wins

There is no stealing of speed, just a race.

Merlyn
Azrael wins. I cannot think of a speed feat Wally has that is greater than moving from Pluto to Mars, in a nanosecond.

h1a8
Originally posted by jasofisc

Um no!

What happened > What writer says when writer contradicts himself (He said 35miles and .00001 microseconds as well).

You know that the radiation from a nuclear blast moves at the speed of light yet it was at a standstill when flash saved those people.

Thus what is shown > what is said

Slaanesh
The only one whose gay is Barry and his boyfriend Hal.

hey...take that back..i don't care what u say about Barry..leave Hal out of it uhuh

Galan007
Um no!

What happened > What writer says when writer contradicts himself (He said 35miles and .00001 microseconds as well).

You know that the radiation from a nuclear blast moves at the speed of light yet it was at a standstill when flash saved those people.

Thus what is shown > what is said sorry boss, but when it comes down to it the writer's word is generally > ALL.

remember, it's a comic. if flash was intended to have gone FTL in that instance, the writer would have stated such. instead, he made it a point to tell us that flash was moving slower than light... two different times, on two different pages.

had flash's speed not been stated at all, you'd have a much better case. however, since his speed was stated to be sub-c by the writer, there's really no arguing it. imo.

Kris Blaze
Writer's world isn't necessarily > all.

But when he's talking about his OWN comic, it sure is.

Galan007
Writer's world isn't necessarily > all.

But when he's talking about his OWN comic, it sure is. thumb up

i was talking about this specific instance.

Kris Blaze
thumb up

i was talking about this specific instance.

Yup.

A lot of people try to define a character's statement as the writer's word though, in cases with Spidey's comment about Sentry. That's when the real trouble starts no expression

Galan007
Yup.

A lot of people try to define a character's statement as the writer's word though, in cases with Spidey's comment about Sentry. That's when the real trouble starts no expression writer statements are much different than character statements, though. writers speak from a third-person omniscient point of view, whereas character's generally don't.

imo, the only time a writer's word can be argued, is if the statement in question stinks of hyperbole

Kris Blaze
writer statements are much different than character statements, though. writers speak from a third-person omniscient point of view, whereas character's generally don't.

imo, the only time a writer's word can be argued, is if the statement in question stinks of hyperbole.

Yeah. Omnipotent Odin and A million exploding suns, is probably the most popular one.

That's the problem I encounter in many debates. People try to do the math regarding certain things, and that is supposedly okay. When a writer states something in the narrative boxes however, it's supposedly hyperbole. How anything can be "hyperbole" regarding herald level characters, is beyond me. Superman and Thor can pull apart planets, but it's hyperbole if they lift like a hundred millions? I think not big grin

Galan007
Yeah. Omnipotent Odin and A million exploding suns, is probably the most popular one.

That's the problem I encounter in many debates. People try to do the math regarding certain things, and that is supposedly okay. When a writer states something in the narrative boxes however, it's supposedly hyperbole. How anything can be "hyperbole" regarding herald level characters, is beyond me. Superman and Thor can pull apart planets, but it's hyperbole if they lift like a hundred millions? I think not big grin in some cases math is okay, so long as there were no specifics stated.

for instance, if superman travels from the sun to earth in mid-sentence, i think it's perfectly logical to assume he was traveling FTL, because we know the distance from the sun to earth, and the writer never gave any specifics same with azrael m* - if he moves from pluto to mars in a specified nanosecond, there's no reason to assume he was not traveling an absurd amount beyond c, based on the distance he covered and the amount of time he covered it in..

but in the flash instance, the writer made it a point to say he was moving slower than light. real world number crunching doesn't change the fact that a certain speed was specified. like i said before, had flash's speed not been stated, there would have been nothing wrong with ascertaining a quantifiable speed, based on the instance itself

Kris Blaze
in some cases math is okay, so long as there were no specifics stated.

for instance, if superman travels from the sun to earth in mid-sentence, i think it's perfectly logical to assume he was traveling FTL, because we know the distance from the sun to earth, and the writer never gave any specifics same with azrael m* - if he moves from pluto to mars in a specified nanosecond, there's no reason to assume he was not traveling an absurd amount beyond c, based on the distance he covered and the amount of time he covered it in..

but in the flash instance, the writer made it a point to say he was moving slower than light. real world number crunching doesn't change the fact that a certain speed was specified. like i said before, had flash's speed not been stated, there would have been nothing wrong with ascertaining a quantifiable speed, based on the instance itself

Bingo.

Philosophía
Meh.

It's not that cut and dried. While we do have the narrator's statement on the fact that Wally wasn't going faster than light, we also have him giving the exact number of persons, distance and time it took Wally to evacuate them. Should we ignore basic calculations and go soley on what the author said on the basis that it's a comic so real life numbers don't apply or ignore the sub-light statements and go the other route considering the evidence ? None of the stances is incorrect, imo.

Galan007

h1a8
sorry boss, but when it comes down to it the writer's word is generally > ALL.

remember, it's a comic. if flash was intended to have gone FTL in that instance, the writer would have stated such. instead, he made it a point to tell us that flash was moving slower than light... two different times, on two different pages.

had flash's speed not been stated at all, you'd have a much better case. however, since his speed was stated to be sub-c by the writer, there's really no arguing it. imo.

No sir. If I'm writer and say X dude is running at 50mph but also say he ran 10000000000 miles in one second then I contradicted myself. Thus we can't except what I said and only can go by what is shown.

Another example, I the writer say X dude can't lift a car but while I'm stating it on panel X dude lifts the car on panel. What has more weight 'what I said' or 'what is shown'?

Last example, writers in the past said that classic Thor is not bulletproof yet we saw classic Thor being bulletproof. Is this Thor bulletproof or not?

Galan007
Thus we can't except what I said and only can go by what is shown. in the flash instance, everything was stated - nothing was actually shown... so your examples really don't apply.

anyhow, do we have a specified distance? sure. do we have a specified time in which flash had to cover that distance? sure. do we have a specified amount of times he had to cover that distance? sure.

but what we also have are two different comments from the writer stating that flash was moving < c. therein lies the problem.

h1a8
in the flash instance, everything was stated - nothing was actually shown... so your examples really don't apply.

anyhow, do we have a specified distance? sure. do we have a specified time in which flash had to cover that distance? sure. do we have a specified amount of times he had to cover that distance? sure.

but what we also have are two different comments from the writer stating that flash was moving < c. therein lies the problem.
Indeed. That is how the writer contradict himself.

But
It was indeed shown, depending on your interpretation of what 'being shown' means. Do you see the first panel with no people on the land. In the next panel you see the people starting to materialize. Then in the third panel more people are materializing. We don't see flash because he is moving too fast. But those people are materializing for some reason. Now don't tell me flash isn't the one doing it.

Anyway this reminds me when I argued that Namor is 100 ton strength max in water. Writers showed him lifting much heavier weights because they didn't know how much that stuff weighs. But with direct writer's information handbook writers were told that his strength in water was 90-100 tons.

King Kandy
We saw a small number of people on land. It's only a large number if you take the writer's word on it. And if you take the writer's word on it, then you must take his word on the sub-c speeds as well. Taking the higher value because you feel like it is nothing but bias.

IMO, if there isn't an agreement on which statements to go by, nobody should be using those scans at all.

Galan007
Originally posted by King Kandy
We saw a small number of people on land. It's only a large number if you take the writer's word on it. And if you take the writer's word on it, then you must take his word on the sub-c speeds as well. Taking the higher value because you feel like it is nothing but bias.

IMO, if there isn't an agreement on which statements to go by, nobody should be using those scans at all. thumb up

Mindset
h1a8 and bias certainly do not go together!

h1a8
Originally posted by King Kandy

IMO, if there isn't an agreement on which statements to go by, nobody should be using those scans at all.

Should we take his word moving 500,000 people 35miles away in .00001 microseconds?

jasofisc
Um no!

Thus what is shown > what is said

incorrect what we see vs what happened can be to very differnt things, it's the writter telling the story and the artist who illistrates what the writter is writting. if their is a conflict you go by what the writters is saying onpanel not your own asumptions

r0nm0n88
Here's the math. First let us ignore him traveling halfway around the world to even get to North Korea. The island he carried them to was 35 miles away from the blast so each trip he travel 70miles. So for 500,000 people he traveled at least 70 times 500,000 or 35,000,000 miles in .00001 microseconds.

Now a microsecond is 1x10^-6 seconds (or .000001 seconds for those who don't like scientific notation). But he traveled in .00001 microseconds. That means that he traveled in .00001(.000001) = 1x10^-11 seconds (or .00000000001 seconds).

WTF! All I can say is

WOW!!!

i think this speaks for itself, the flash is the man!

Galan007
Should we take his word moving 500,000 people 35miles away in .00001 microseconds? if you use that statement, you must also use the sub-c statement.

King Kandy
Should we take his word moving 500,000 people 35miles away in .00001 microseconds?
Those statements are no more and no less credible than the sub-C statement. You can't just choose to use those one's because it makes the Flash look better. I'd personally go with the speed he explicitly stated, because the other speed seems like the result of nothing but poor math skills on the writers part, but given that either view can be taken id just submit that those scans are garbage and shouldn't be used in any debate.

Naija boy

WTF! All I can say is

WOW!!!

Exactly, flash is at least a million times faster than Azrael 1M.

Digi
Heh. I like the debate over those scans, because the writer has to be incorrect about something in the narration. It's possible that more than one thing is incorrect (number of people, travel speed of Flash, the time it took, etc.) but at least one of them has to be.

So it does in fact shoot down the argument that we have to take the writer's word for things. As a general rule I don't disagree with that hierarchy of importance, but it can't apply to this situation, because then we're believing a literal contradiction.

So where does that leave us? For me personally, I have to default it to an unreliable narrator and then deduce as much as I can from the scans and context. Were there more people in the city, Flash would not have simply stopped. So I can feel confident that he saved all of them. And with reasonable estimates about the number of people in the city, he would have to be going faster than light. Imo, at least.

It's not without precedent for Flash comics. We've seen Flashes and Flash villains move "instantaneously" (i.e. no passage of time)...I wish I remembered the exact scan (it was used against me in a tourney one time). Again, it seems to make little sense, but our basic assumptions are usually made to look silly by the Speed Force. But I have no problem placing Wally > lightspeed.

Juntai
I always just used the time-stop theory for that. When Flash starts using the speed-force to it's more impressive side, there's literally no upper speed limit for him. I remember a conversation he was having with Max Mercury a long time ago, and they were simply -walking- around the town so fast everyone was statues. Flash is pretty much a time-traveler when he wants to be.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yea when it comes to speed I don't think anyone can actually touch Wally West.

He doesn't just break time/space anymore. His ability to break time/space is so great, he was able to go back to Crisis on Infinite Earth's.

Unfortunately Johns is gonna try and piss all over that. Barry Allen created the Speed Force? What kind of fanboy shit is that?

Prep-Man
Well, what's Flash's best feat?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Well, what's Flash's best feat?

I don't think there really is anyway to quantify his best speed feats. How fast are you if you run 200 miles and arrive 2 seconds before you left? The entire time/space barrier breaking makes it really difficult

I can post some half decent feats, where it says he can cover this much distance in picoseconds etc. His way beyond light to the point, math stops being important.

Prep-Man
Better feats than the Azreal one?

Rage.Of.Olympus
If you're willing to do the math, you can figure out if the quantifiable speed feats are or not.

Prep-Man
Just throw out some feats.

Didn't Wally travel from one planet to another in ZERO time? I think I read that a few years ago, but never saw the scans.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I'm trying to find feats where we have the distance stated as well. I have plenty of scans of him scanning at ridiculous speeds. Like when he casually and easily scans the faces of half a million people and saves Wonder Woman in a picosecond and is ciearly faster than light by a fair bit, or moving in an attosecond, and shit. Obviously his doing uber shit, we don't just know how quantifiable it is. You can find all of that shit by looking in the respect thread really.

jalek moye
Yea when it comes to speed I don't think anyone can actually touch Wally West.

He doesn't just break time/space anymore. His ability to break time/space is so great, he was able to go back to Crisis on Infinite Earth's.

Unfortunately Johns is gonna try and piss all over that. Barry Allen created the Speed Force? What kind of fanboy shit is that?
Yup now Barry gives them all there power for some reason and is the fastest even though Wally proved he was before.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
So where does that leave us? For me personally, I have to default it to an unreliable narrator and then deduce as much as I can from the scans and context. Were there more people in the city, Flash would not have simply stopped. So I can feel confident that he saved all of them. And with reasonable estimates about the number of people in the city, he would have to be going faster than light. Imo, at least. the only one speaking throughout the scans in question was the 'unreliable narrator'. that said, if you're going to take his distance/time statements literally, then you must also take his 'sub-light speed' statements literally. i mean, the writer making two different claims regarding wally moving at less than c cannot just be disregarded - as that was clearly how fast the writer intended him to be travelling.

due to these discrepancies, the entire instance should be thrown out and not used as *solid* evidence. imo.

---

more on point... being that wally is not truly omnipresent, any time he moves somewhere 'instantly', or arrives somewhere before he left, he is obviously time travelling via the SF. however, what should be mentioned is that azrael is capable of time travelling on a whim - he did so a few times throughout his comic. so basically, wally pulling that little 'trick' wouldn't help him at all.

but where pure speed feats are concerned, i cannot think of anything wally has done that is on par with azrael moving from pluto to mars in a nanosecond.

Digi
the only one speaking throughout the scans in question was the 'unreliable narrator'. that said, if you're going to take his distance/time statements literally, then you must also take his 'sub-light speed' statements literally. i mean, the writer making two different claims regarding wally moving at less than c cannot just be disregarded - as that was clearly how fast the writer intended him to be travelling.

due to these discrepancies, the entire instance should be thrown out and not used as *solid* evidence. imo.

---

more on point... being that wally is not truly omnipresent, any time he moves somewhere 'instantly', or arrives somewhere before he left, he is obviously time travelling via the SF. however, what should be mentioned is that azrael is capable of time travelling on a whim - he did so a few times throughout his comic. so basically, wally pulling that little 'trick' wouldn't help him at all.

but where pure speed feats are concerned, i cannot think of anything wally has done that is on par with azrael moving from pluto to mars in a nanosecond.

That's just it, I'm not taking any of the narrator's statements literally. I'm dismissing them and figuring out as much as possible from the pictures. The place he was at was several miles away (35? Who knows) and I feel confident saying he saved the entire city of people (he wouldn't have stopped to simply watch the bomb if he hadn't). Given the time he had to operate within, I believe he was most likely traveling the speed of light or beyond. And like I said, moving at such speeds is not without precedent for Wally.

It's an incredible feat, and does show us something about Wally regardless of whether or not we can run exact figures on it. I have a hard time discounting it entirely from consideration because of that. But, again, that was brought up originally as one example. It's not the only feat of such a caliber that could be referenced for Wally.

But, just to clarify, I'm just offering a take on the scans, not taking a stance on the battle itself. I've never read anything of AZ 1M.

h1a8
Flash is fast.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by jalek moye
Yup now Barry gives them all there power for some reason and is the fastest even though Wally proved he was before.

Why would Barry Allen be faster than Wally West? He has no feats to say so. Despite John's wanking and retconning that doesn't change the fact that Wally's feat's make him the fastest man who ever lived.

Prep-Man
Why would Barry Allen be faster than Wally West? He has no feats to say so. Despite John's wanking and retconning that doesn't change the fact that Wally's feat's make him the fastest man who ever lived.

Post crisis, no, but Barry has some PC speed feats that are insane.

Kris Blaze

What makes you say this?

Did you read all of Barry's old appearances?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What makes you say this?

Did you read all of Barry's old appearances?

Because it's been pretty thorougly established that Wally West is the fastest Flash, and has surpassed Barry Allen a while ago.

Shit, back in the day, he survived the same effort that killed Barry.

Most of them, although it's been a while if you are referring to his Pre-Crisis feats. I always found them boring.

Galan007
Originally posted by Digi
That's just it, I'm not taking any of the narrator's statements literally. I'm dismissing them and figuring out as much as possible from the pictures. The place he was at was several miles away (35? Who knows) and I feel confident saying he saved the entire city of people (he wouldn't have stopped to simply watch the bomb if he hadn't). Given the time he had to operate within, I believe he was most likely traveling the speed of light or beyond. And like I said, moving at such speeds is not without precedent for Wally.

It's an incredible feat, and does show us something about Wally regardless of whether or not we can run exact figures on it. I have a hard time discounting it entirely from consideration because of that. But, again, that was brought up originally as one example. It's not the only feat of such a caliber that could be referenced for Wally.

But, just to clarify, I'm just offering a take on the scans, not taking a stance on the battle itself. I've never read anything of AZ 1M. but if you're taking the amount of people wally saved, as well as the distance he travelled, as fact - then you are taking the narrator's statements literally. thus, you'd have to take his < light speed comments literally, as well.

h1a8
but if you're taking the amount of people wally saved, as well as the distance he travelled, as fact - then you are taking the narrator's statements literally. thus, you'd have to take his < light speed comments literally, as well.

Two are greater than one.
Comments plus showing > contradictory comment

Mindset
. . .

King Kandy
Comments plus showing > contradictory comment
The point is that the "showing" is BASED on the comments.

You are going to keep claiming this showing is valid due to bias forever, but everyone else has recognized this already.

Galan007
Comments plus showing > contradictory comment ohhhhh is THAT how it works? doh

so the writer may as well have not made two different statements that wally was moving below light speed, right? i mean, the 'rules' OBVIOUSLY don't work both ways.... and you, above all, know what the FAIR rules are.

thumb up

Mindset
Don't argue Galan, his calculations were canon as soon as he posted them.

Galan007
heh, silly me.

bobbi
When characters are going back in time due to their speed, I think the concept of who's faster breaks down..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.