Hercules Vs Thor Who Is Stronger?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

hunbu04
SOME PEOPLE THINK THOR BROUGHT TO HERCULES STRENGTH LEVEL WHEN THEY FIGHT BUT HOW IS THOR BROUGHT TO HERCULES LEVEL WHEN HERCULES STRENGTH HAS ON KNOWN LIMIT. FOR HEAVEN SAKES HERCULES STRENGTH LEVEL IS INCALCULATABLE FAR ABOVE CLASS 100 +

Konton
CAPSLOCKSHOWSHOWINTELLIGENTIAM!
TAKEMESRSLY!

It's very, very difficult trying to take someone seriously when they type in caps. Especially when the post content boils down to absurd faggetry.

snoopdogg
Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
According to Marvel's official stats and their own personal encounters? Their equals which I think they should be. If we look outside of that? Thor's on a different level. Hercules' isn't portrayed consistently and so on.

srankmissingnin
Supporting Atlas' burden has to be at the very least the equal of Thor's best strength feat, and I'm inclined to think that it is technically more impressive by several orders of magnitude. He bore the weight of everything in existence (other than the Earth), on his shoulders... what tops that?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
According to Marvel's official stats and their own personal encounters? Their equals which I think they should be. If we look outside of that? Thor's on a different level. Hercules' isn't portrayed consistently and so on. Hercules is the god of power...strength is his forte

occultdestroyer
Thor still wins.

There's nothing Hercules can do against a not-holding-back Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Supporting Atlas' burden has to be at the very least the equal of Thor's best strength feat, and I'm inclined to think that it is technically more impressive by several orders of magnitude. He bore the weight of everything in existence (other than the Earth), on his shoulders... what tops that?

You mean when he held up the Heavens? What did he hold up? The Sky? It was extremely vague.

Thor's World Engine feat is more impressive. He did that while weakened.

At best for Hercules, you could argue that they both fought the same force but even thenm the description of the force Thor fought against was a lot more descriptive. The Yggdrasil and Atlas are the Axis Mundi for Olympus/Asgard respectively. Every pantheon and so on views it differently apparently. Atlas keeps the Heavens in place and so does Yggdrasil in a way (It's power unlimited and it connects all the worlds and holds the fabric of reality/cosmos in place.).

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Thor still wins.

There's nothing Hercules can do against a not-holding-back Thor. Is that why Herc had Thor beaten in hth?

jasofisc
You mean when he held up the Heavens? What did he hold up? The Sky? It was extremely vague.

At best for Hercules, you could argue that they both fought the same force but even thenm the description of the force Thor fought against was a lot more descriptive. The Yggdrasil and Atlas are the Axis Mundi for Olympus/Asgard respectively. Every pantheon and so on views it differently apparently. Atlas keeps the Heavens in place and so does Yggdrasil in a way (It's power unlimited and it connects all the worlds and holds the fabric of reality/cosmos in place.).

so it's not the same as in mytholgy were atlas is holding up the world and herc relives him of it for a time?

Mindset
Originally posted by jasofisc
so it's not the same as in mytholgy were atlas is holding up the world and herc relives him of it for a time? It's the same.

jasofisc
Originally posted by Mindset
Is that why Herc had Thor beaten in hth?

yeah that was going to be my question too. a drunk off his but herc beat thor in a strictly hand to hand fight. and didn't thor even admit that herc was his better physically in that fight. I haven't seen it in a while so i could be wrong.

jasofisc
It's the same.

so then herc did carry the entire world for a bit.

srankmissingnin
so it's not the same as in mythology were atlas is holding up the world and herc relives him of it for a time?

Atlas didn't hold the earth in mythology either, he is on the earth keeping it separate from the "heavens". As Rage said, it's ambiguous concept, but it isn't the earth, it's... like... I don't know, a celestial sphere.

Rage.Of.Olympus
so it's not the same as in mytholgy were atlas is holding up the world and herc relives him of it for a time?

so then herc did carry the entire world for a bit.

It's not the same.

It's very vague as Atlas was standing on a mountain, and held something akin to the sky (Heavens.) on his shoulders. He then eases it down to Hercules.

It's hard to quantify it in any physical terms.

-Pr-
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Thor.

Mindset
We don't need to have a number quantification, we just know it's heavy as shit.

Raoul, stay out of this thread, you don't know any Marvel characters from anything other than movies.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Raoul, stay out of this thread, you don't know any Marvel characters from anything other than movies.

laughing

It's funny cause it's true. excellent

durelly

-Pr-

facepalm

jasofisc
It's not the same.

It's very vague as Atlas was standing on a mountain, and held something akin to the sky (Heavens.) on his shoulders. He then eases it down to Hercules.

It's hard to quantify it in any physical terms.

just looked back at the respect thread and i see what your talking about. in one earlyer scan he's holding the world but i with the most recent scan it's the "heavens". So i'm guessing the most recent scan wins.
i'm just theorizing here but the heavens from what i seen in the scan could be the rest of the universe. maybe maybe not?

i was always told in high school that it was the world but it's not like i'm an authorty on the matter. were is the story orgnally told because i don't trust wikipedia.

SoulDevourer
its proved onpanel they got exact same strenght

Is that why Herc had Thor beaten in hth? aint got nothin to do with physcal strenght

+ Herc wuz drunk no expression

Naija boy

thumb up Its very difficult to guage the impressiveness of hercs feat in comparison to other more quantifiable feats.

Knowsbleed33
Hercules.

Strength is his schtick.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Hercules.

Strength is his schtick.

Faulty logic and baseless.

I can just as easily say, Hercules is stronger than Juggernaut because it's his shtick. Doesn't prove or mean anything.

Mindset
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

aint got nothin to do with physcal strenght

+ Herc wuz drunk no expression What?

SoulDevourer
What? Originally posted by SoulDevourer

aint got nothin to do with physcal strenght

+ Herc wuz drunk no expression stick out tongue

iceman24567
Well Herc is a better Thor than Thor has ever been in his godly
life fact eek!

SoulDevourer
yeeeaaah Herc is a better at gettin pwned by chicks fact eek!

Kris Blaze
In a fight against each-other, Thor would naturally be holding back much more than Hercules. How is this Kris, you ask. I thought Hercules was a hero too?

What? fuuck no.

Hercules has killed relatives, friends and comrades in arms many, many times. He has no history of holding back against people who could be considered his friends.

Originally posted by Starscream M
Hercules is the god of power...strength is his forte

He is the prince of power, Hercules isn't a true god no expression

Master Court
Thor's stronger.
Thor's stronger!
THOR'S STRONGER!
TTHHHOORRR'SSS SSSTRRROOONNNGGEEERRR! blowup

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

He is the prince of power, Hercules isn't a true god no expression in mythology perhaps, but in comics, herc is as much of a god as thor is. both derive power from their dads and could lose it at the whim of their dads.

Kris Blaze
in mythology perhaps, but in comics, herc is as much of a god as thor is. both derive power from their dads and could lose it at the whim of their dads.

Incorrect bullshit.

Hercules is the son of Zeus and a mortal woman in the comics as well, making him a demi god. Whether he is stronger/weaker than some gods doesn't matter, he isn't a full god. And Hercules relies on Zeus for -all- his power.

Thor's the son of an elder god and Odin, making him a fully fledged god. His powers do not stem solely from Odin, but from Gaea as well. And seeing as she is arguably Odin's equal/superior, there is no way that Thor's powers come JUST from her. Thor also happens to be stronger than Odin's other sons. So no, he does not just get his powers from his father.

comicfan11
Strictly strength Herc

Sasaraixx
According to Marvel's official stats and their own personal encounters? Their equals which I think they should be. If we look outside of that? Thor's on a different level. Hercules' isn't portrayed consistently and so on.

So you think Hercules and Thor should be equals in strength, even though their feats points to the contrary?

Sin I AM
I think Thor and Ares should be equal, but for some reason marvel sh!ts on the Greek gods..

Thor and Herc are equal though....in streength

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Sin I AM
I think Thor and Ares should be equal, but for some reason marvel sh!ts on the Greek gods..

Thor and Herc are equal though....in streength

Thor's always beat Ares fairly easily though big grin

Sin I AM
Thor's always beat Ares fairly easily though big grin

Which is why i despise Marvels depiction of the Greek Gods, DC does it better.

If Thor is herald level, so should Ares

Kris Blaze
Which is why i despise Marvels depiction of the Greek Gods, DC does it better.

If Thor is herald level, so should Ares

Yeah.

Ares is so up and down though, he was great in his own limited series. And he was something of a threat in Thor comics. In Avengers however, he's like a joke no expression

The Pict

laughing out loud

SoulDevourer

Which is why i despise Marvels depiction of the Greek Gods, DC does it better. yeah rite like when DC "Hercules" get completly owned by Wondy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset

He has no history of holding back against people who could be considered his friends.

False.

And I guess Thor was holding back when he hit Herc with lightning while they were having a hth fight.

Hey everybody point and laugh at this fanboy!

Kris Blaze
False.

And I guess Thor was holding back when he hit Herc with lightning while they were having a hth fight.

Hey everybody point and laugh at this fanboy!

Correct.

Strength wise. And if you actually -read- said comic, you would've known that Thor sought him out for a REASON. Hercules started the fight, and while he was drunk, killing him would've accomplished nothing for Thor. And if Thor really wasn't holding back, he could've continue and killed Hercules with said lightning no expression

Hey everybody, point and laugh at Val Jr.

Starscream M
Incorrect bullshit.

Hercules is the son of Zeus and a mortal woman in the comics as well, making him a demi god. Whether he is stronger/weaker than some gods doesn't matter, he isn't a full god. And Hercules relies on Zeus for -all- his power.

Thor's the son of an elder god and Odin, making him a fully fledged god. His powers do not stem solely from Odin, but from Gaea as well. And seeing as she is arguably Odin's equal/superior, there is no way that Thor's powers come JUST from her. Thor also happens to be stronger than Odin's other sons. So no, he does not just get his powers from his father. What powers does Thor get from Gaea?

D_Dude1210
Kill Herc? But isn't he immortal?

Mindset
Correct.

Strength wise. And if you actually -read- said comic, you would've known that Thor sought him out for a REASON. Hercules started the fight, and while he was drunk, killing him would've accomplished nothing for Thor. And if Thor really wasn't holding back, he could've continue and killed Hercules with said lightning no expression

Hey everybody, point and laugh at Val Jr. Oh, so you mean if Thor used powers other than strength to fight Herc he could win, gotcha. no expression

Val jr. > Kris

zeel
thor vs herc all out = thor

thor vs herc just hand to hand = herc

thor vs herc using lifting feats = thor

thor vs herc as far as strength goes = prolly round equal

Even though thor has more impressive strength feats in my opinion he isnt and has admitted herc is better in hand to hand. Herc is just not as popular as thor and will never have the strength feats i think that thor has even though they are prolly the same.

SoulDevourer
if Thor wuz also drunk in that fight he would of won stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
So you think Hercules and Thor should be equals in strength, even though their feats points to the contrary?

They should be. They aren't though outside of their personal bouts. Marvel and incosistency.

I think it's been made pretty clear by Marvel, that those who are supposedly his peers in strength, when it comes down to it, they really don't stand up to the challenge nearly as well as Thor. Red Norvel, Dargo, Beta Ray Bill, and Hercules have all proven it.

Kris Blaze
What powers does Thor get from Gaea?

He doesn't get a particular power, his powers are from BOTH Gaea and Odin, understand? Hercules cannot get his power from anyone but Zeus, he's only got one divine parent. Thor's the son of an elder god and asgardian god. Hence why he's stronger than all of Odin's other sons.

Glimmerone
Hercules is the Prince of power. Thor is a storm/thunder God. He does get his powers from both parents. He has a connection to the earth because of his mother and is master of the storm. However, hercules is a true demi god. When he is immortal it doesn't matter if he has a human mother since you can't get any powers from a regular human.

When immortal he is the god of strength and the most powerful in strength of the conventional heroes. The most the other heroes of strength can do is equal him and then only a few have that potential. Thor is the strongest asgardian because his mother is an elder goddess and his father a high league skyfather.

Although he's not a god of strength and not truly immortal, just highly strong, also big, thick body muscles very long lived and even more so in terms of living probably due to his mother but not immortal. However he is quite impressive but so is hercules when having immortality, not drunk and taking matters with true concern.

jasofisc
Incorrect bullshit.

Thor's the son of an elder god and Odin, making him a fully fledged god. His powers do not stem solely from Odin, but from Gaea as well. And seeing as she is arguably Odin's equal/superior, there is no way that Thor's powers come JUST from her. Thor also happens to be stronger than Odin's other sons. So no, he does not just get his powers from his father.

yeah that's true but in Hulk:hercules unleashed it talking about zeus makeing him full god after he dies from some centar posion. I think the same thing happened in mythology.

oh in myth not in comics or at least not to my knowlege herc wresteled the abstract form of death and won so that a king could have his wife back. (the queen took the kings place when no one else would) so at least in myth herc appears to be stronger.

jasofisc
btw doesn't herc being drunk swing things in thor's favor in a hth fight. i mean have you ever fought someone that was drunk. they are slow and uncorrdnated. fact is in that fight thor said that physcally herc is better or something like that.

SoulDevourer
lol it goes in Hercs favor not Thors

not like he wuz dead drunk or somethin, just enuf 4 a good drunk brawl

jasofisc
lol it goes in Hercs favor not Thors

not like he wuz dead drunk or somethin, just enuf 4 a good drunk brawl

i take it you have never fought someone drunk when you were sober. they don't have to be ded drunk even a buzz will slow them down and throw off their cordination.

Bouboumaster
The strenght department is owned by Hulk.

SoulDevourer
i take it you have never fought someone drunk when you were sober. they don't have to be ded drunk even a buzz will slow them down and throw off their cordination. so myabe u also think ppl cant drive after a couple o beers?

some1 whose jus moderate drunk dont lose their coordination. beside its not like Herc & Thor were fightin KUNG-FU or somethin where u need super-reflexes laughing out loud it wuz WRESTLING

diffrence is drunk ppl dont hold back. Herc wasnt holdin back so he had teh avantage in wrestling fight

unless u ever herd some1 say "sober brawl"? bet not roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
lol smh...

DarkOdin
yeah that's true but in Hulk:hercules unleashed it talking about zeus makeing him full god after he dies from some centar posion. I think the same thing happened in mythology.

Yup samething happened to him in the myth there was more to it but he is a full-god

DarkOdin
i take it you have never fought someone drunk when you were sober. . Yup must people don't fight drunk while they are sober so you got him there. evil face

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Yup must people don't fight drunk while they are sober so you got him there. evil face laughing out loud

jasofisc
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Yup must people don't fight drunk while they are sober so you got him there. evil face

you might want to read that again. i said fight "some one" who is drunk when you are sober not fight drunk

jasofisc
you might want to read that again. i said fight "some one" who is drunk when you are sober not fight drunk

oh i see who that line i wrote could be taken the wrong way i ment that he has never fought someelse who was drunk when he was sober

jasofisc
so myabe u also think ppl cant drive after a couple o beers?

some1 whose jus moderate drunk dont lose their coordination. beside its not like Herc & Thor were fightin KUNG-FU or somethin where u need super-reflexes laughing out loud it wuz WRESTLING

diffrence is drunk ppl dont hold back. Herc wasnt holdin back so he had teh avantage in wrestling fight

unless u ever herd some1 say "sober brawl"? bet not roll eyes (sarcastic)
drunk ppl hold back all the time not every drunken brawl ends with someone dead. wrestling drunk would not be wise either it still takes skill to grapple. (btw they were throwing punches as well)

its a proven fact taht when you are drunk (which herc by his fathers account was) your reactions are slower, and your coordnation is off.

jasofisc
btw you think that being drunk makes you stronger or more tuff what are you an acholic or something. bet you think the blacks eye you can't remember were from just running into a door when you were blacked out

jasofisc
thor seems to have a higer opinion of herc then most posters http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6070/thorbloodoath402pq8.jpg complments of the respect thread. note that thor says on the field of battle they are equal. I don't agree but thor seems to think so

h1a8
thor seems to have a higer opinion of herc then most posters http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/6070/thorbloodoath402pq8.jpg complments of the respect thread. note that thor says on the field of battle they are equal. I don't agree but thor seems to think so

If Thor is correct then that means that Hercules is a lot stronger than Thor because this has to be the evening out factor.

Notice: I said if Thor is correct.

Stoic
Judging from the scan, I believe that Thor was referring to Herc's hand to hand ability exceeding his own, not his strength.

SoulDevourer
drunk ppl hold back all the time not every drunken brawl ends with someone dead. wrestling drunk would not be wise either it still takes skill to grapple. (btw they were throwing punches as well)

its a proven fact taht when you are drunk (which herc by his fathers account was) your reactions are slower, and your coordnation is off. so wut if his reaction wuz like 0.5s slower. wrestlin for him is like breathin hes been doin it for wut, 1000s of years? drunk or not it dont affect his skillz

this fight wuz more like drunk brawl not kungfu

the booze means Herc dint hold back AND it give him more confidence

iirc Thor himself says it onpanel (he says he fight for reason or somethin then he says Herc fights drunk) so Herc had the avantage cool

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Stoic
Judging from the scan, I believe that Thor was referring to Herc's hand to hand ability exceeding his own, not his strength. yup Thor means the skillz (it wuz show on panel that Thor & Herc exact same physical strenght anyway)

but if Thor wuz also drunk maybe he would of won big grin

DarkOdin
oh i see who that line i wrote could be taken the wrong way i ment that he has never fought someelse who was drunk when he was sober i Know what you meant, but i thought it was funny the way you worded it. No harm just making a joke.

Stoic
There was a time when the Masters of Evil took over Avengers Mansion and put Hercules in a coma, Thor later took on the same group and won. I guess it was just another case of the hammer.

DarkOdin
There was a time when the Masters of Evil took over Avengers Mansion and put Hercules in a coma, Thor later took on the same group and won. I guess it was just another case of the hammer.

Hercules is just a brick.

Thor has a huge powerset.

So lets say fro argument sake Thor and Hercules are equal in Strength and durability.

That being said on guy can punch and kick and the other control. weather, Godblast, antimatter blast. has a weapon, can fly, absorb energy based attacks, etc....

Know why do you think Thor would beat someone where Hercules can't

Sin I AM
yeah rite like when DC "Hercules" get completly owned by Wondy? roll eyes (sarcastic)

meh...she has that jobber aura @ times besides shes part of the big 3

jasofisc
Judging from the scan, I believe that Thor was referring to Herc's hand to hand ability exceeding his own, not his strength.

yep

jasofisc
so wut if his reaction wuz like 0.5s slower. wrestlin for him is like breathin hes been doin it for wut, 1000s of years? drunk or not it dont affect his skillz

this fight wuz more like drunk brawl not kungfu

the booze means Herc dint hold back AND it give him more confidence

iirc Thor himself says it onpanel (he says he fight for reason or somethin then he says Herc fights drunk) so Herc had the avantage cool

fighting drunk is not an advantage.... unless your jakie chan also it wasn't only wrestlin they were doing go back and check it out. thor had the advantage Happy Dance he had a clear head, more coordnation, faster reflexes.

jasofisc

didn't herc a few years later beat the tar out of the thunderbolt (masters of evil)?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
If Thor is correct then that means that Hercules is a lot stronger than Thor because this has to be the evening out factor.

Notice: I said if Thor is correct.

You can't read can you? Admit it.

Rage.Of.Olympus

I always wondered what was happening in that issue. Was he trying to put him down by cutting off the air supply? How does that work against a dude who spends days in space without a problem?

Spire
Lolz.

No, there are not any blood vessels in neck. Also, if there was any, they would not bring blood to the brain.

Mindset
I always wondered what was happening in that issue. Was he trying to put him down by cutting off the air supply? How does that work against a dude who spends days in space without a problem? Stops blood from flowing to the brain, that's why you can pass out from a choke hold in a couple seconds.

Mindset
Originally posted by Spire
Lolz.

No, there are not any blood vessels in neck. Also, if there was any, they would not bring blood to the brain. Lol, take an anatomy class.

Are you being sarcastic?

Spire
Are you being sarcastic?

Mindset
Are you in a state of sarcasm?

Spire
I was.

Mindset
Why isn't your text in green?

Spire
Oh but it is.

SoulDevourer
fighting drunk is not an advantage.... unless your jakie chan also it wasn't only wrestlin they were doing go back and check it out. thor had the advantage Happy Dance he had a clear head, more coordnation, faster reflexes. nope he wasnt in right state o mind 4 a brawl: he wuz holdin back so hes @ disavantage

"clear head"? lol thats good for diplomasy or somethin not brawling big grin

if Thor wuz drunk he would of won Happy Dance

jasofisc
nope he wasnt in right state o mind 4 a brawl: he wuz holdin back so hes @ disavantage

"clear head"? lol thats good for diplomasy or somethin not brawling big grin

if Thor wuz drunk he would of won Happy Dance

wow just don't know what to say in the face of this much ignorance. i will at least agree that thor was holding back in that he wasn't using his hammer.

Mindset
Thor didn't use his Mjolnir because he didn't want Herc to get pissed and beat him to death with it.

SoulDevourer
wow just don't know what to say in the face of this much ignorance. i will at least agree that thor was holding back in that he wasn't using his hammer. hey ima quote the 1st piece of ignorance dat started this big grin here it is:Originally posted by jasofisc
btw doesn't herc being drunk swing things in thor's favor in a hth fight. big grin

SoulDevourer
even Thor say it onpanel (hes fightin for reason & Hercs fightin cuz hes drunk)

Mindset
Fighting for a reason > fighting because your drunk

Psychology 101 big grin

SoulDevourer
lol in a fight the "reasonable" guy LOSES, the guy whose crazy drunk mad w/e goes all out & he WINS

reason is good 4 sittin around table & talkin, not brawlin laughing out loud

comon sense 101 stick out tongue

Spire
SoulDevourer, do you agree that while intoxicated/drunk, your hand-eye coordination is off and your judgment is impaired?

Mindset
lol in a fight the "reasonable" guy LOSES, the guy whose crazy drunk mad w/e goes all out & he WINS

reason is good 4 sittin around table & talkin, not brawlin laughing out loud

comon sense 101 stick out tongue

You've never been in a fight.

SoulDevourer
SoulDevourer, do you agree that while intoxicated/drunk, your hand-eye coordination is off and your judgment is impaired? 1st part depend how much your drunk

i agree with judgment part

do u agree it also gives u mental boost? smokin'

You've never been in a fight. nope not drunk fight sad (cant drink)

jasofisc
1st part depend how much your drunk

nope not drunk fight sad (cant drink)

can't drink because your a minor or can't drink because of a health condition or neither?

a mental boost? are you joking it gives you a stupid boost because you think your invinsible when your not and you make stupid jugment calls in a fight.

herc was pretty drunk soooo i'm thinking it was a lot of wine.

Spire
1st part depend how much your drunk

Would you agree that while drunk, slightly drunk, completely drunk, a little bit drunk but not entirely drunk, your hand-eye coordination is off?

So like attempting foolish maneuvers during combat, or wild swings?

Lol, no.

SoulDevourer
can't drink because your a minor or can't drink because of a health condition or neither? lol not health (actualy ive drunk a bit b4 but my parents dont know big grin)

but its a good stupid boost cuz it make u confident big grin (this wasnt kungfu)

nah he wasnt that drunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg1iEBWxVeQ big grin

SoulDevourer
Would you agree that while drunk, slightly drunk, completely drunk, a little bit drunk but not entirely drunk, your hand-eye coordination is off?if its only a bit drunk then its only off a bit but that dont change anythin in a wrestlin fight

going wild helps in a fight big grin

oh yeah? then i take it back it dont take away coordination either, so there! stick out tongue

jasofisc
lol not health (actualy ive drunk a bit b4 but my parents dont know big grin)

but its a good stupid boost cuz it make u confident big grin (this wasnt kungfu)

nah he wasnt that drunk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg1iEBWxVeQ big grin

suddenly all the rest of your posts make perfect sence.

batdude123
They're equal.

Mindset
if its only a bit drunk then its only off a bit but that dont change anythin in a wrestlin fight

going wild helps in a fight big grin

oh yeah? then i take it back it dont take away coordination either, so there! stick out tongue ...

wannabe
Originally posted by batdude123
They're equal.
I'd agree. I can't remember a comic that shows any limitation in strength for either of them, that would make point out a significant difference between the two gods.

rotiart
Ger? In standard gear they are about equal...

In standard gear

however base strength ill give it to hercules who can roll outta bed and be as ready to go as the hulk....

Thor has to wear equopment like his belt of strngth, hammer, etc...
Normal asgardians i thibk are said to be like 40 or 70 ton range or whatever iirc which i really think thor is.... However his armor and wepons magical enhantments puts him in hercs range

and hercs a god immortal in a way that thor is not... Greek gods dont age, asgardains age slowly... There were avenher issyes way bavk where i remember herc javing a golden aura from attaining godhood... But that could have been negated recently i dont remember

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by rotiart
Ger? In standard gear they are about equal...

In standard gear

however base strength ill give it to hercules who can roll outta bed and be as ready to go as the hulk....

Thor has to wear equopment like his belt of strngth, hammer, etc...
Normal asgardians i thibk are said to be like 40 or 70 ton range or whatever iirc which i really think thor is.... However his armor and wepons magical enhantments puts him in hercs range

and hercs a god immortal in a way that thor is not... Greek gods dont age, asgardains age slowly... There were avenher issyes way bavk where i remember herc javing a golden aura from attaining godhood... But that could have been negated recently i dont remember

facepalm

Have people completely forgotten who Thor actually is?

What you think appears to be completely different from what actually is. Thor is not the 40-70 ton range. Where the hell are you getting this from? His in Superman's, Hulk's etc. weight class easily.

Christ, Thor does not need any magical enchantments to put him in Hercules range. Where are people getting this information from?

rotiart
Paraphernalia
Thor also possesses the Belt of Strength that doubles his strength, but weakens him after its use; a pair of iron gauntlets to protect him when unleashing Mjolnir's most powerful energies; and a chariot drawn by two goats, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Paraphernalia
Thor also possesses the Belt of Strength that doubles his strength, but weakens him after its use; a pair of iron gauntlets to protect him when unleashing Mjolnir's most powerful energies; and a chariot drawn by two goats, Toothgnasher and Toothgrinder.

What is that supposed to prove? He almost never uses the Belt of Strength. He never used it in any of his fights with Hercules or Hulk etc. Hell, none of his greatest feats involve it at all. The only time his used it in the last few years is against the amped Thanos.

Stopped being ignorant and actually read up on the character your attempting to debate about.

rotiart
The actual belt of strngth is referred to in his actual non comic myththe xomic is derived from the myth...

Kris Blaze
The actual belt of strngth is referred to in his actual non comic myththe xomic is derived from the myth...

Thor is half elder god.

And any idiot knows that he is not in the class 40-70 range no expression

SoulDevourer
suddenly all the rest of your posts make perfect sence. Originally posted by Mindset
... thou shell bow b4 my superior wisdom Happy Dance

SoulDevourer
What is that supposed to prove? He almost never uses the Belt of Strength. He never used it in any of his fights with Hercules or Hulk etc. Hell, none of his greatest feats involve it at all. The only time his used it in the last few years is against the amped Thanos.

Stopped being ignorant and actually read up on the character your attempting to debate about. EXACTLY smile

4 example in his armwrestlin with Herc he dint even use his belt or other gear

Rage.Of.Olympus

Comics =/= Myths

In the Myths, Thor's a red head, and is apparently as powerful as Odin or some other crap. You want to debate about Myths go to another board. This is called the "Comic Versus Form".

rotiart
Um the point which maybe i didnt make clearnis that hercs onky abilities rely on strength and no equipment. That as far as i know in feats of strength and hand to hand i would give it to herc. And i thought the belt thor wears all the time WAS his belt of strngth. If it isnt then im mistaken. No need for calling me ignorant simply because i confused the normal belt he wears for the other one :-/

Rage.Of.Olympus
Um the point which maybe i didnt make clearnis that hercs onky abilities rely on strength and no equipment. That as far as i know in feats of strength and hand to hand i would give it to herc. And i thought the belt thor wears all the time WAS his belt of strngth. If it isnt then im mistaken. No need for calling me ignorant simply because i confused the normal belt he wears for the other one :-/

Like I said, read up about the character you are trying to debate about when you clearly do not know much about him. It would safe others time, and make shit a lot simpler.

rotiart
what am i suppsed to read to know that the belt he wears isnt the belt of strngth... Its a comic book. I made a mistake that the belt he wears isnt the belt of stength. We know he has a belt of strength. You sure are
testy mr roid rage of olympus.

Rage.Of.Olympus
what am i suppsed to read to know that the belt he wears isnt the belt of strngth... Its a comic book. I made a mistake that the belt he wears isnt the belt of stength. We know he has a belt of strength. You sure are

testy mr roid rage of olympus.

sly

I'm not responsible for you and your lack of knowledge about a character.

I'm not testy, simply annoyed with dealing with ignorance.

rotiart
Look issue resolved. Belt not worn often. Most feats involve no belt. You won. They are reasonably about equals. K? Hugs?

Mindset
geez roid rage take a chill pill, chillax, calm down, take a step back

Rage.Of.Olympus
laughing

Look issue resolved. Belt not worn often. Most feats involve no belt. You won. They are reasonably about equals. K? Hugs?

Hugs? Your not only ignorant your also a f@ggot?

I ain't giving you any hugs. Gay fish.

Badabing
laughing

Hugs? Your not only ignorant your also a f@ggot?

I ain't giving you any hugs. Gay fish. There is no need for a post like this on a comic book forum. Consider this a warning for bashing.

Accel
He's just simply pointing out that rotiart likes fishsticks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Badabing
There is no need for a post like this on a comic book forum. Consider this a warning for bashing.

That post wasn't mean to be taken serious. Hence the entire Gay Fish thing, from South Park, which with the Kanye West debacle, seemed obvious to me, but I could have done it with more tact, or a smilie face to make it more obvious.

My bad.

5 bucks says I'd cream your ass in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

Master Court
5 bucks says I'd cream your ass in Batman: Arkham Asylum.

sick

namorsubby
i honestly think herc is stronger

joesha28
Both equal

h1a8
IMO Herc will suck if he isn't stronger than Thor. They should be equals.
Thor have the different powers and versatility and Hercules has the extra strength.

AsbestosFlaygon
Stalemate.

Thor has the edge in versatility though, thanks to Mjolnir.

The stronger versions of Thor are prob > Immortal Herc as well.

r0nm0n88
personally think herc is slightly stronger, but thor is just so much more versatile

h1a8
Originally posted by r0nm0n88
personally think herc is slightly stronger, but thor is just so much more versatile

That is the way it should be, otherwise Herc would suck big time.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by namorsubby
i honestly think herc is stronger

Baseless.

IMO Herc will suck if he isn't stronger than Thor. They should be equals.
Thor have the different powers and versatility and Hercules has the extra strength.

Well if we've learned anything, is that what is your opinion and what is actual fact is completely different.

If the comics have taught us anything, it's that, Thor is stronger as outside of their fights, Thor has physically kicked things up a notch.

Originally posted by r0nm0n88

What you think =/= Comics

h1a8
Baseless.

Well if we've learned anything, is that what is your opinion and what is actual fact is completely different.

If the comics have taught us anything, it's that, Thor is stronger as outside of their fights, Thor has physically kicked things up a notch.

What you think =/= Comics

So are you saying that Herc sucks big time?

D-Block
Thor imo.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So are you saying that Herc sucks big time?

No I'm not. And I also don't think whether or not Hercules sucks depends on whether or not his stronger than Thor.

Mindset
They are even.

/thread.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I think it's pretty clear whose stronger based on this:

http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke1.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke2.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke3.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke4.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke5.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke6.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
http://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke7.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke8.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke9.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke11.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke12.jpghttp://i779.photobucket.com/albums/yy73/R-O-G/Thor/th_ThorvsHerculesJoke13.jpg

Rage.Of.Olympus
Hercules is just awesome.

Spire
Is that the fight where Odin made Thor half as strong and Thor couldn't even lift a tractor?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Is that the fight where Odin made Thor half as strong and Thor couldn't even lift a tractor?

That was their first fight. And actually Odin stripped him of half of his power. I don't recall strength even being mentioned when Odin did the deed. That might be the reason why he seemed so much weaker. I mean if his only half as strong the difference was rather large. Shit, Hercules casually kicked the same truck away.

Spire
That was their first fight. And actually Odin stripped him of half of his power. I don't recall strength even being mentioned when Odin did the deed. That might be the reason why he seemed so much weaker. I mean if his only half as strong the difference was rather large. Shit, Hercules casually kicked the same truck away.

Lol.

You really seem to struggle with Thor, context, reading comprehension, and critical thinking...

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lol.

You really seem to struggle with Thor, context, reading comprehension, and critical thinking...

Heh, you're one to talk. You and you're hypocritical biased Superman shit. Seriously, according to you, Thor lifting infinite weight is hyperbole, but when it's Superman it's legit. Why is it legit? Because it's Superman.

And I'm pretty sure it was power that was stated when Odin depowered Thor through Seidring and not strength. I believe power, godly power etc. mentioned multiple times. In Thor #128 I do recall strength being mentioned once as it returned but that's all.

Anyways, the gap between Thor at half power and Thor at full power seems to be very significant, more so than it should be. But whatever. His power was cut in half, and after taking a beating from Hercules he could barely lift a large tractor. Big whoop. A Thor weakened by gas held up a 60 plus Skyscraper while, Superman at one point was barely able to hold up a pile of rubble just over 80 tons as I recall.

Spire
Heh, you're one to talk. You and you're hypocritical biased Superman shit. Seriously, according to you, Thor lifting infinite weight is hyperbole, but when it's Superman it's legit. Why is it legit? Because it's Superman.

And I'm pretty sure it was power that was stated when Odin depowered Thor through Seidring and not strength. I believe power, godly power etc. mentioned multiple times. In Thor #128 I do recall strength being mentioned once as it returned but that's all.

Anyways, the gap between Thor at half power and Thor at full power seems to be very significant, more so than it should be. But whatever. His power was cut in half, and after taking a beating from Hercules he could barely lift a large tractor. Big whoop. A Thor weakened by gas held up a 60 plus Skyscraper.

You bringing up Superman=automatic fail.

I was mainly laughing at your comment:

That might be the reason why he seemed so much weaker. I mean if his only half as strong the difference was rather large. Shit, Hercules casually kicked the same truck away.

It's obvious now that context, reading comprehension, and critical thinking is your Achilles heel when it comes to Thor.

Strength is mentioned like 3 times after Thor is zapped. Even from his own mouth. He then uses his enchanted hammer(or as you call it: a blunt piece of metal) to brace himself.

And actually Odin stripped him of half of his power. I don't recall strength even being mentioned when Odin did the deed.

Riiiiiight, because its super logical to think that Thor being halved in power, should still have his full strength.

Rage.Of.Olympus
You bringing up Superman=automatic fail.

I was mainly laughing at your comment:

Really? You always seemed to have a hard on for Superman, and I just brought it up.

What's to laugh at?

It's obvious now that context, reading comprehension, and critical thinking is your Achilles heel when it comes to Thor.

Strength is mentioned like 3 times after Thor is zapped. Even from his own mouth. He then uses his enchanted hammer(or as you call it: a blunt piece of metal) to brace himself.

Clearly.

You are right Thor does mention that his strength has waned (Goes on to mention in the same breath that only Odin could half his godly power I believe.), when his unable to support the building Hercules tossed at him (Even with his hammer, or blunt force object as that was what he was using at as at the time.).

Riiiiiight, because its super logical to think that Thor being halved in power, should still have his full strength.

Lmao what? How in the hell did you come to the conclusion that I think Thor should have been at full strength? That's far from what I think should be the case. It was explicitly stated that Thor's power was halved. I'm assuming strength falls into that category as well. He should have been nowhere near full strength which he wasn't.

Spire
Really? You always seemed to have a hard on for Superman, and I just brought it up.

Why bring him up?

I mean I'm not calling you an extremely weak debater suffering from butthurt.

I'm just... you know, inquiring.

Clearly.

You are right

thumb up

ankur29
they are equals, and have been said to be in almost all encounters

Xplosive
Somwhere equal.

h1a8
No I'm not. And I also don't think whether or not Hercules sucks depends on whether or not his stronger than Thor.

Lies! If Hercules is not stronger than Thor then why like him?
This is like liking a weaker less powered version of a character.

Thor should be enough.
Thor is more versatile
Thor's character is deeper, etc.

h1a8
I believe Herc is stronger, not by a whole lot though.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Lies! If Hercules is not stronger than Thor then why like him?
This is like liking a weaker less powered version of a character.

Thor should be enough.
Thor is more versatile
Thor's character is deeper, etc.

What the ****? Since when does liking or not liking a character depend on where he ranks against a rival?

You're a moron.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>