Saddler vs. Wesker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
First Round:
http://www.freewebs.com/losilluminadosclan/saddler.jpg

vs.

http://209.85.48.8/14029/148/pip/Small_wesker-RE5.jpg

Second Round:
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/E1PZkstKTTI/0.jpg

vs.

Uroboros Wesker (couldn't find a pic sad )

Discuss

First_Tsurugi06
Round 1: Wesker most likely
Round 2: Kind of up in the air for me, mostly because I hear that Uroboros Wesker is actually weaker than normal based on the circumstances.

How's this for a pic btw:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/residentevil/images/thumb/9/93/Albert_Wesker_Uroboros.png/250px-Albert_Wesker_Uroboros.png

Nemesis X
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I hear that Uroboros Wesker is actually weaker than normal based on the circumstances.

How's this for a pic btw:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/residentevil/images/thumb/9/93/Albert_Wesker_Uroboros.png/250px-Albert_Wesker_Uroboros.png

Where'd you hear that information?

That is a nice pic.

Rapidash
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Where'd you hear that information?

That is a nice pic.

Uroboros takes away Wesker's greatest advantage. His speed.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Rapidash
Uroboros takes away Wesker's greatest advantage. His speed.

And H2H ability.

Rapidash
His H2H combat was never that impressive to begin with. He won most RE5 battles due to his speed.

Wei Phoenix
His H2H combat was never that impressive to begin with. He won most RE5 battles due to his speed.

I thought he was a good based on skill, granted his speed allowed him to perceive moves and react faster, his offense was still based on MA. Being a Sagat fan, I love using his Tiger Uppercut.

God that E is so lonely, just straggling behind.

Ms.Marvel
every single attack he does is based on some form of martial art. its not like hes a brawler... im not sure what she means by that.

NemeBro
He uses the Tiger Uppercut.

He is obviously a H2H combatant of the utmost ability.

Rapidash
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
every single attack he does is based on some form of martial art. its not like hes a brawler... im not sure what she means by that.

His H2H combat never impressed, as simple as it is said. That doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, merely that he is not impressive. His speed is his greatest strength, the rest are merely beneficial attributes.

Martial Artist or not, he was not impressive in RE5.

Sin_Volvagia
Wesker wins in both rounds. You all forget that Wesker is incredibly durable.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Wesker wins in both rounds. You all forget that Wesker is incredibly durable.

And he has a healing factor, and superhuman strength as well as his (already mentioned) speed.

What does Saddler have? oh that's right a tentacle dick (I really can't call it anything else, that's exactly what it is.) and an eye in his mouth, not at all that impressive, he's also not as fast as Wesker and hardly as strong.

Ms.Marvel
also he looks like palpatine...

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Ms.Marvel
also he looks like palpatine...

Haha so he does, I never realised before.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
What does Saddler have? oh that's right a tentacle dick (I really can't call it anything else, that's exactly what it is.) and an eye in his mouth, not at all that impressive, he's also not as fast as Wesker and hardly as strong.

Obviously you haven't payed enough attention to RE4. Not only does Saddler have the ability to wang pale (lol), he's also very fast, can take hundreds of bullets, can shoot the bullets that entered him and shoot them back out from the palm of his hand, has super strength, and can turn his arms into deadly tendrils.

NemeBro
His H2H combat never impressed, as simple as it is said. That doesn't mean he's a bad fighter, merely that he is not impressive. His speed is his greatest strength, the rest are merely beneficial attributes.

Martial Artist or not, he was not impressive in RE5. That's ignoring the fact he was a proficient H2H combatant while human.

Rapidash
Originally posted by NemeBro
That's ignoring the fact he was a proficient H2H combatant while human.

How can it ignore any facts simply because I don't find him impressive?

Sin_Volvagia
Obviously you haven't payed enough attention to RE4. Not only does Saddler have the ability to wang pale (lol), he's also very fast, can take hundreds of bullets, can shoot the bullets that entered him and shoot them back out from the palm of his hand, has super strength, and can turn his arms into deadly tendrils.

no expression That's it?

Wesker can catch rockets and even throw them as a explosive projectiles. He can also regenerate, move so fast that it looks like teleportation, can easily pierce people with his arm, and dodge a flurry of bullets like Neo. Wesker manage to survive a dip in a volcano before he was wasted by two rockets.

Just one rocket blew Saddler to chunks and he was a sitting duck.

Rapidash
Wesker manage to survive a dip in a volcano before he was wasted by two rockets

One rocket missed and the other one pierced his skull without exploding. Not as impressive as you make it sound.

First_Tsurugi06
It still killed him.

Rapidash
Which is what's to be emphasized- It killed him.

Luminatus
While it's not equal to rockets, Ada did shoot all those exploding barrels right down iN Saddler and it did absolutely no damage.

Saddler's greatest asset though is his bullet sponge ability which doesn't matter here as Wesker punches.

And we all know Leon is the best close-range fighter in RE. big grin

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Luminatus
Saddler's greatest asset though is his bullet sponge ability which doesn't matter here as Wesker punches.

I think you're forgetting that Wesker carries a gun around all the time.

NemeBro
How can it ignore any facts simply because I don't find him impressive? You are claiming Wesker is not an impressive H2H fighter, and your main point is that he could dominate the characters in RE5 because of speed, not skill.

I am telling you he was a capable H2H combatant while human.

How was he not "impressive," btw, considering every single attack of his has its origins in martial arts?

Rapidash
You are claiming Wesker is not an impressive H2H fighter, and your main point is that he could dominate the characters in RE5 because of speed, not skill.

I am telling you he was a capable H2H combatant while human.

How was he not "impressive," btw, considering every single attack of his has its origins in martial arts?

I'm claiming that I'm not impressed by his H2H fighting, not that it can't be defined as impressive. Impressive to me is to be at the pinnacle of capabilities and to master moves that common man is unable to preform.
You can't deny that speed is Wesker's greatest advantage.

Impressive is Chuck Norris. Impressive is Bruce Lee. Impressive is Dead Fantasy. I don't find Wesker impressive.

NemeBro
I'm claiming that I'm not impressed by his H2H fighting, not that it can't be defined as impressive. Impressive to me is to be at the pinnacle of capabilities and to master moves that common man is unable to preform.
You can't deny that speed is Wesker's greatest advantage.

Impressive is Chuck Norris. Impressive is Bruce Lee. Impressive is Dead Fantasy. I don't find Wesker impressive. So it is not that Wesker isn't impressive, it is that your standards are high.

Regardless however, your definition of what makes a good H2H combatant is flawed, the "moves that the common man is unable to perform" are very rarely the most efficient move to use in real combat.

The most efficient H2H maneuver, is and always will be a simple punch to the face, something Wesker is pretty good at. stick out tongue

Rapidash
I'll answer by first bringing up what I first said:

Had Wesker never had his speed or durability, a bullet would've stopped him first time he fought Jill. Back in RE2, he relied completely on his superhuman nature and beat Chris due to being so vastly superior in terms of physiology. In RE5 he frequently use his superhuman abilities to take advantage of a battle and he use them every chance he gets.

While the things he does can individually be defined as impressive, in a combination they really aren't. Sure he's using martial arts, but he doesn't need them, and when he often use them, he combine them with his superhuman nature.

By moves that can't be mastered by common man, I meant abilities that are useful despite their tough nature, not just any moves. When I'm talking about Wesker not being impressive, I'm saying so because he rely on his superhuman physiology.
His talents may be impressive, but because Wesker is who he is, they really aren't. He constantly gets the jump on Chris and Sheva due to his speed, and what times he doesn't, his superhuman strength and durability saves the day.

He's a walking life insurance because of his many abilities and his superhuman nature. I'm not impressed. Simple as that. That doesn't mean I don't think he's good. He's great, and he has some great martial art moves and combat techniques.

It's just that he doesn't win because he's good. It's because Chris and Sheva are inferior.

NemeBro
Anyone can be put down by a bullet, no matter how skilled they are.

Does he defeat Sheva and Chris so effortlessly because of his superhuman abilities? Yes.

But that is entirely different than what you said, you said his H2H combat abilities are not impressive, which has no relevance to how Wesker easily defeats Chris and Sheva whatsoever.

Nemesis X
Wait, who said that Wesker's H2H skills aren't impressive? They gotta be blind if they're saying that.

Q'Anilia
Wait, who said that Wesker's H2H skills aren't impressive? They gotta be blind if they're saying that.

I'd read the post above the post above wink

Rapidash
Anyone can be put down by a bullet, no matter how skilled they are.

Does he defeat Sheva and Chris so effortlessly because of his superhuman abilities? Yes.

But that is entirely different than what you said, you said his H2H combat abilities are not impressive, which has no relevance to how Wesker easily defeats Chris and Sheva whatsoever.

Bad phrasing from my side: He would not have fought two armed opponents as efficient as he did without his abilities even if he started just between the two.

It's not relevant to how he beats them, no, but I still don't think it's impressive. Sheva, Jill and Chris are Albert inferior, so if he does have impressive martial art talents, he has not shown them.

His H2H abilities are rather irrelevant anyway and the only reason that the topic was brought up was because Wei Phoenix included them when I said that Wesker's greatest advantage is his speed.
When he responded "and H2H ability", I simply gave the statement that I didn't find it impressive. Which I don't. Which I frankly should declare aren't. Theoretically perhaps, but via showing; No.

I said it. Albert Wesker's H2H skills aren't impressive. As for my vision, it is perfectly fine.

NemeBro
I concede on the grounds that this debate is stupid, irrelevant, and I am tired. smile

Nemesis X
I concede on the grounds that this debate is stupid, irrelevant, and I am tired. smile

By "debate" you better mean the "Wesker's H2H skills are lame" debate.

NemeBro
Shut up Nemesis.

Rapidash
By "debate" you better mean the "Wesker's H2H skills are lame" debate.

Unimpressive.

ArtificialGlory
Duh. There's nothing too special about Wesker's hand-to-hand skills.

NemeBro
Shut up Glory.

ArtificialGlory
Shut up Glory.

Duh. There's nothing too special about Wesker's hand-to-hand skills.

Rapidash
Shut up Glory.

Shut up Rapidash?

NemeBro
I am too biased in your favor to say that. estahuh

ArtificialGlory
I am too biased in your favor to say that.

You can't even get the smiley code right, chump.

NemeBro
I do not know what you are talking about sir. estahuh

Q'Anilia
Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
You can't even get the smiley code right, chump.

"The only difference between a champ and a chump is u"

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
"The only difference between a champ and a chump is u"

But what a grand difference.

Nemesis X
Shut up Nemesis.

You shut up HasBro.

I have a right to defend my threads and they don't suck.

NemeBro
I didn't say this thread sucked.

But Wesker wins, for the record.

Nemesis X
So let me get this straight NemeBro, you thought that I thought Wesker had lame H2H skills? As a Wesker fan I would never say that.

Rapidash
So let me get this straight NemeBro, you thought that I thought Wesker had lame H2H skills? As a Wesker fan I would never say that.

Where did you get the idea that he thought that from?

NemeBro
So let me get this straight NemeBro, you thought that I thought Wesker had lame H2H skills? As a Wesker fan I would never say that. Not at all.

I just don't like you. smile

Nemesis X
I just don't like you. smile

I don't like you either.

NemeBro
I cannot fathom why, I'm so ****ing awesome it is scary.

Nemesis X
I cannot fathom why, I'm so ****ing awesome it is scary.

Were you even awesome to begin with? no expression

NemeBro
Always and forever.

Nemesis X
Always and forever.

Yeah in the one only place, your dreams stick out tongue

ScreamPaste
You both have Neme in your name.. If you had sex, would it be incest?

NemeBro
Yeah in the one only place, your dreams stick out tongue My dreams are the totality of the very existance you so thanklessly reside in, they are as real as you are, more, in fact, for you are but a meager part of them.

Nemesis X
My dreams are the totality of the very existance you so thanklessly reside in, they are as real as you are, more, in fact, for you are but a meager part of them.

The only thing in reality that's related to your sick dreams are women that can have sex changes and that's it.

NemeBro
The only thing in reality that's related to your sick dreams are women that can have sex changes and that's it. My dreams comprise countless realities, some of which are horrifying to a Lovecraftian extent which your mortal comprehension could never withstand, your reality, with its glorious sex-changes, is but a single dream of the indomitable NemeBro.

Nemesis X
My dreams comprise countless realities, some of which are horrifying to a Lovecraftian extent which your mortal comprehension could never withstand, your reality, with its glorious sex-changes, is but a single dream of the indomitable NemeBro.

I think someone forgot to give you your pills.

Wei Phoenix
The only thing in reality that's related to your sick dreams are women that can have sex changes and that's it.

Shemales have 2 more charisma 5 more dexterity than you do.

NemeBro
I think someone forgot to give you your pills. Oh how the manifestations of my thoughts cope with the knowledge of how feeble their existance, if it can be called that, truly is. It is rather humorous, I must say.

ScreamPaste
No one answered my question. sad

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
You both have Neme in your name.. If you had sex, would it be incest? Nemesis X is my other, inferior half that manifests itself on your plane of existance. So no, more like masturbation.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Shemales have 2 more charisma 5 more dexterity than you do.

So what you're saying is that your mother has more charisma than me? That's bull.

Wei Phoenix
So what you're saying is that your mother has more charisma than me? That's bull.

No that's amore beeyotch.

Seriously though when are we going out on a date Nemesis?

Nemesis X
NemeBro stole the Neme name from me. Other half? Bull friggin crap. We're not related in any way and Screampaste, what a disturbing and retarded question that is.

ScreamPaste
I demand my name be changed to NemeDad, head of the Neme household. 131

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
I demand my name be changed to NemeDad, head of the Neme household. 131

If you do that then I'll change my name to NemeLord, the landlord who decides whether you should stay or get the heck out of the household.

Ridley_Prime
Whose going to be NemeMom then? huh Or NemeSis?
owait

TheOneBumGun
You shut up HasBro.

I have a right to defend my threads and they don't suck. Looking back they mostly do. confused

This doesn't know.

occultdestroyer
Saddler was killed by that stupid "Special" rocket launcher PIS thingy.

When I replayed RE4, I bought 2 rocket launchers and it do much against his mutated form.

Wesker was killed by a single rocket to the face, before even exploding no expression

And durability...
Saddler has taken multiple machine gun fire. He just absorbed it and ejected them from his wrist.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
When I replayed RE4, I bought 2 rocket launchers and it do much against his mutated form.
That was just gameplay, which doesn't have as much significance here as cutscenes do.

Neo Darkhalen
I always loved the final Saddler cutscene in which he proclaims to Leon the cliche's about how the American hero saves the day; then proclaims he will tear apart such genre cliches only to turn into a giant mutated monster, the biggest ****ing cliche in gaming!

Gumachi
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Whose going to be NemeMom then? huh Or NemeSis?
owait

Or NemeUncle.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
I always loved the final Saddler cutscene in which he proclaims to Leon the cliche's about how the American hero saves the day; then proclaims he will tear apart such genre cliches only to turn into a giant mutated monster, the biggest ****ing cliche in gaming!

Wow you're right, I can't believe I never thought of that. But I bet that there are more American heroes saving the day cliches than there are giant monsters in videogame cliches although I could be wrong about that. This sounds debatable but lets stay on topic in here.

NemeBro
Saddler was killed by that stupid "Special" rocket launcher PIS thingy.

Wesker was killed by a single rocket to the face, before even exploding no expression

And durability...
Saddler has taken multiple machine gun fire. He just absorbed it and ejected them from his wrist. You see the thing is Wesker will not be hit by Saddler.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
That was just gameplay, which doesn't have as much significance here as cutscenes do.
So we're talking about cutscenes?

The cutscene for Saddler's death will only play once you shoot him with the "Special" rocket launcher.
REGULAR rocket launchers have little effect on him.

Shiva tossed a REGULAR rocket launcher for Chris. It killed Wesker on impact, before it even exploded.

His durability in this case is far below Saddler's.

Rapidash

The cutscene for Saddler's death will only play once you shoot him with the "Special" rocket launcher.

Shiva tossed a REGULAR rocket launcher for Chris. It killed Wesker on impact, before it even exploded.

That's beside the point and cutscenes has a lot more significance than gameplay. What weapons that defeated him is rarely relevant, since gameplay is often victim to mechanics to have it remain challenging.
He'll need that extra durability to make up for Wesker's speed. As mentioned, Wesker is much too fast.

Neo Darkhalen

No it didn't at all, Wesker survives Rocket explosions during gameplay until the end of the game just like Saddler, and it takes 2! to kill Wesker unlike Saddler who dies from one, also wesker was incredibly weak by the end of the game and had merged with a parasite that was physically eating him, you can tell because his skin is literally cracking and bursting where Uroboros is writhing; he was also taking a lava bath.

Before this a regular rocket launcher on a regular Wesker (before being poisoned/infected with Uroboros) only stuns him, momentarily.

Something tells me you haven't finished the game, had you actually done so you'll know:

A) Sheva never tosses Chris a launcher he picks one up on his own thanks to Jill pointing one out.

B) It took 2 RPG's to take down Wesker after he had be damaged greatly

C) throughout the majority of the game save the final cutscene you can bombard Wesker with RPG's and he just shrugs them off (A little stunned but still).

D) Saddler can be hurt with in game RPG's just hit his weak spot, same goes for Wesker. (Final forms.)

E) Wesker has been proven to be the strongest, fastest and most durable character in the series (to date) surviving having his face burnt off, being stabbed by a Tyrant, having heavy metal construction blocks fall on him, being shot, being stabbed and being poisoned twice, yet he still has enough strength to smash his fist into a metal container containing Uroboros!

Oh and

F) Saddlers rocket launcher is also a regular one.

Neo Darkhalen
That's beside the point and cutscenes has a lot more significance than gameplay. What weapons that defeated him is rarely relevant, since gameplay is often victim to mechanics to have it remain challenging.
He'll need that extra durability to make up for Wesker's speed. As mentioned, Wesker is much too fast.

And has amazing H2H combat skills and a tactical mind, as well as increased strength and a healing factor.

Nemesis X
In one cut scene in Resident Evil 4, Saddler moved super fast (kinda like Wesker's speed) and took Leon down with only the palm of his hand.

Sin_Volvagia
In one cut scene in Resident Evil 4, Saddler moved super fast (kinda like Wesker's speed) and took Leon down with only the palm of his hand.

He's nowhere in Wesker's speed category. Unless you want to say that Ada Wong has superhuman agility.

Ridley_Prime
I wouldn't mind if she did. smokin'

Nemesis X
He's nowhere in Wesker's speed category. Unless you want to say that Ada Wong has superhuman agility.

She knows the perfect time to dodge. You don't have to be super human to dodge a super human's attack. Even that roid monkey Chris from RE5 manged to dodge Wesker's punches and he's faster than Saddler.

NemeBro
To be fair speed would not be Chris' only superhuman attribute.

Nemesis X
To be fair speed would not be Chris' only superhuman attribute.

What I meant was that Wesker is faster than Saddler and I don't find Chris to be that fast. Redfield's only superhuman-looking attribute would be punching boulders. In real life, there's no way steroids can make you that strong...I smell a new virus in the RE universe.

NemeBro
Punching boulders, pushing carts filled with steel girders, crushing steel helmets with a stomp, yeah, stuff.

SuperLuigi
from what i heard Wesker is the ultimate being in Resident Evil so im picking him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.