Best series finale

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jinXed by JaNx
Name your favorite show finale. Which show or shows have the best endings? I know this question can be hard because not many shows get an ending so, lets include mini-series as well, like, Band of Brothers, Sleeper Cell etc...

BruceSkywalker
the jeffersons, happy days, good times

starlock
Battlestar Galactica, Buffy the Vampire Slayer,X files....i was young...but i wonder if M.A.S.H still holds up to this day

forumcrew
Was not a series finale but man Alias season 4 ending was awesome.

gobstakid777
Angel
"Let's go to work"

F-in badass!

Wanderer11
Happy Days
Quantum Leap.

wicker_man
No Blackadder Goes Forth mentioned in here? Tsk, tsk, automatic fail.

Ms.Marvel
i really liked the season finale for the first season of heroes.

saintsaucey
Mash does in fact hold up. The X-Files Finale sucked. A friend of mine had a great idea for the end of X-Files. It turns out the whole series was in Fox Mulder's head and Mulder is the crazy janitor at a high school telling stories to anyone who will listen to him.

Myth
Others may disagree, but I loved Seinfeld's finale.

And the weirdest finale goes to Roseanne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7XY0A168U&feature=channel

titus1171
The Newhart series Finale
Angel
Seinfeld
Scrubs (supposedly)

Darth Vicious
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
Name your favorite show finale. Which show or shows have the best endings? I know this question can be hard because not many shows get an ending so, lets include mini-series as well, like, Band of Brothers, Sleeper Cell etc...

I'm still waiting for another Sleeper Cell season. I'm pretty sure by now its not coming back.

Mine would be The Shield, BSG, Star Trek:TNG, Buffy, Seinfeld (lol, they had it coming).

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Myth
Others may disagree, but I loved Seinfeld's finale.

And the weirdest finale goes to Roseanne:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e7XY0A168U&feature=channel

WOW...,thanks for that. I grew up watching Roseanne as i'm sure most of us did. It was one of those shows where, love or hate the cast, the chemistry, writing and acting were all in sync and genuine. The mark of any good show or story is when it hits close to home. I stopped liking roseanne because the last season was so inconsistent and destroyed everything the show stood for. I never saw the finale though lol

forumcrew
Originally posted by titus1171
The Newhart series Finale
Angel
Seinfeld
Scrubs (supposedly)

Scrubs is not over, but there will be major changes.

BruceSkywalker
NYPD Blue series finale

Dynasty, Dallas,

i'll think of more

§P0oONY
Frasier.... (1st one that came to my head, rewatched it yesterday.)

Wanderer11
More to add:

Blackadder Goes Forth
Only Fools and Horses
Bread
Cheers
Frasier
Dallas
Falcon Crest (last few minutes, during Angela's speech)
Friends

Greysen93
Gotta be Angel, so awesome.

ArabianDrums
Angel's was phenomenal, and the last scene... wow.

Buffy's probably got me more than any other on an emotional level, and satisfied a lot of character's story arcs fantastically, but clumsy plotting detracts from its overall quality as an episode, even if it's my favourite.

The Wire's ending was hugely satisfying, but it was one of those series that I appreciated as a whole more than remembering individual episodes- which probably had a lot to do with having watched it all through on DVD over a couple of months.

Yahoo69
I agree with ArabianDrums that while The Wire series finale is downright ingenioius, the whole package that is five complete seasons is the real deal. It's just hard to pick just one episode when there's effort in every single production.

I will go with the similar The Shield. I just love how it flashes back to the highlights and low points with the moody music and just the whole retrospective feel.

Frasier's ending was awesome but again the whole show was as well.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by saintsaucey
Mash does in fact hold up. The X-Files Finale sucked. A friend of mine had a great idea for the end of X-Files. It turns out the whole series was in Fox Mulder's head and Mulder is the crazy janitor at a high school telling stories to anyone who will listen to him.

Hah, that would have been great.

I think most of them have been covered. Angel, Fraiser. Seinfeld would have been fine if they just hadn't shown the dumb prison stand-up at the end.

Also, I think Space: Above & Beyond ended well. That show was way ahead of its time.

the ninjak
Series finale of the original Nikita is my choice for best finale ever.

steverules_2
Although predictable Smallville, Clark ripping open his shirt and finising with the giant S logo was a nice finish to it

Thoren
Battlestar Galactica
Angel
Stargate Sg1
Smallville
Friends
Fraiser
Star Trek TNG
Babylon 5

Ascendancy
Ah, yes, I forgot about Stargate. That was good as well.

0mega Spawn
Originally posted by Thoren
Battlestar Galactica
Angel
Stargate Sg1
Smallville
Friends
Fraiser
Star Trek TNG
Babylon 5
what happened on the frasier finale?

didn't frasier simply chase some chick?

FistOfThe North
smallville. niptuck.

Ascendancy
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
what happened on the frasier finale?

didn't frasier simply chase some chick?

Yeah, but it didn't leave you feeling like something was missing.

Newhart was a good one from back in the day.

Mindset
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
smallville. niptuck. Smallville was good.

What happened in Niptuck?

BruceSkywalker
star trek: tng
star trek:ds9
fringe
babylon 5
battlestar galactica(original)
nypd blue
good times
the jeffersons

too many to name

Omega Vision
Originally posted by ThorinWoofer
Battlestar Galactica
Angel
Stargate Sg1
Smallville
Friends
Fraiser
Star Trek TNG
Babylon 5
The SG-1 finale was pretty good, it's just a shame that they didn't have Jack O'Neill in it. I suppose '200' was the spiritual finale, with 'Unending' being the denouement.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Mindset
Smallville was good.

What happened in Niptuck?

If i remembered correctly Liz, their long time anesthesiologist finally made partner. That was long over due, yet she still went her own way doing her own thing. Christian dissolved his partnership with Sean offering him the oppertunity to fulfill his dream of working as a surgeon in a 3rd world country helping children. Matt finally manned up and became a father and family man with Ava and his daughter. Practically everyone went their own way. Julia left the country. I didn't see any of this happening all in one episode. It was the perfect ending. Everyone finally did what they wanted to do, or what they were supose to do, at last. Everyone was finally genuinely happy.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.