Ally Mcbeal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tl101
Is it impossible to have real life lawyers who are similar to the laywers in Boston Legal and Ally Mcbeal?

Any wacky lawyers? Or would the court system prevent that in real life?

killakyle
My uncle and grandfather are lawyers... and both pretty straight-laced. So I guess my opinion is a bit biased. However, I just purchased the Ally McBeal series and am currently rewatching it... There were so many absurd things going on INTRA-OFFICE that you think there would have been more lawsuits against the firm, itself, than cases they took on!

Case in point:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jqa0vzdbe7M

Unisex bathrooms!

saintsaucey
Meh that was the least of their worries.

saintsaucey
I loved that show though.

BruceSkywalker
i liked some shows

killakyle
I'm not questioning the quality of the show! In fact, the complete series and Season 1 were just released for the first time in the US last week and I'd be lying if I said I didn't purchase the box-set.

I'm just saying that I don't think any of those characters would be taken seriously in a real courtroom! Come on: Ally was a little crazy, as is evidenced by her visions of dancing babies!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.