Ulik/w Pounders vs Wolverine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
Alright who wins? The fight takes place in a cave both are bloodthirsty

Ulik- http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Ulik

Kris Blaze
Ulik for the hard beatdown.

The Nuul
Logan gets pounded.

srankmissingnin
Wolverine craves him up like a Thanks Giving Turkey.

PRAYERRUN
I say it's a hard decision, but eventually, Wolverine wins this.

psycho gundam
ulik pounds the hell out of wolverine for the tko.

BruceSkywalker
logan is such a wimp right now..

Ulik ftw

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
logan is such a wimp right now..

Ulik ftw

blink

roughrider
Originally posted by psycho gundam
ulik pounds the hell out of wolverine for the tko.

Absolutely.

srankmissingnin
Apparently superior speed, fighting skills, reach and a set of weapons that will easily bypass Ulik's durability are no match for strongerness! Muscles are the shit! Arnold for senator! Strongness! X-Box 360! Beef jerky!111!!! ZOMG! zzZZEEEEEEERG! Rollerskates mother f@ckerz! MADDEN 10!!!!!1!!1

srankmissingnin
Hmmm... you know what? I think "Papa Johns" should be somewhere in my above post. Please place it in at your leisure while reading my post where ever you see fit. cool

KingD19
Pounders sounds like some strange workout device or sex toy.

Workout Ad - WITH MY POUNDERS, YOU GET THE BENEFIT OF GOING TO A GYM, AND YOU ONLY WORKOUT FOR 3 MINUTES A DAY!!!!

Sex Slogan - *Chick in a sexy voice* I tried the Pounder, now nothing else can satisfy me.

StiltmanFTW
Pre-FA Wolverine stalemated Ulik till Thor appeared. And yes, he had his uru pounders then.

Wild Shadow
logan for the fatal stab

dmills
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Apparently superior speed, fighting skills, reach and a set of weapons that will easily bypass Ulik's durability are no match for strongerness! Muscles are the shit! Arnold for senator! Strongness! X-Box 360! Beef jerky!111!!! ZOMG! zzZZEEEEEEERG! Rollerskates mother f@ckerz! MADDEN 10!!!!!1!!1 All of the above do count for something...But sometimes you're just fighting above your weight class and this is one of those times.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by dmills
All of the above do count for something...But sometimes you're just fighting above your weight class and this is one of those times.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ulik the the type of character Wolverine was designed to beat. A melee bruiser vs a character with superior speed and skill, who's weaponry bypasses his durability, and a healing factor that negates any damage he does take. Wolverine is going to hit Ulik first, he is going to hit Ulik more often, and his hits are going to be significantly more dangerous. Wolverine's attack are as potentially fatal to Ulik as they are to a normal human, Ulik's attacks aren't nearly as devastating for Wolverine. This is the type of fight was Wolverine was made to win, and he will.

Starscream M
Apparently superior speed, fighting skills, reach and a set of weapons that will easily bypass Ulik's durability are no match for strongerness! Muscles are the shit! Arnold for senator! Strongness! X-Box 360! Beef jerky!111!!! ZOMG! zzZZEEEEEEERG! Rollerskates mother f@ckerz! MADDEN 10!!!!!1!!1 umm...did your wolverine fanboy processor just overheat?! confused

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Starscream M
umm...did your wolverine fanboy processor just overheat?! confused

laughing

srankmissingnin
umm...did your wolverine fanboy processor just overheat?! confused

Based on the number of "Ulik wins" responces, I thought we were all just saying illogical things that made no sense, and I wanted to try it too. eek!

Starscream M
Based on the number of "Ulik wins" responces, I thought we were all just saying illogical things that made no sense, and I wanted to try it too. eek! yeah, a CL100 mythic monster that has held his own against gods beating a hairy canadian midget is sooooo illogical roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ulik the the type of character Wolverine was designed to beat. A melee bruiser vs a character with superior speed and skill, who's weaponry bypasses his durability, and a healing factor that negates any damage he does take. Wolverine is going to hit Ulik first, he is going to hit Ulik more often, and his hits are going to be significantly more dangerous. Wolverine's attack are as potentially fatal to Ulik as they are to a normal human, Ulik's attacks aren't nearly as devastating for Wolverine. This is the type of fight was Wolverine was made to win, and he will.

/thread

StiltmanFTW
yeah, a CL100 mythic monster that has held his own against gods beating a hairy canadian midget is sooooo illogical roll eyes (sarcastic)

Officially he's Class 95 geek

Starscream M
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Officially he's Class 95 geek damn you and your facts mad

StiltmanFTW
damn you and your facts mad

laughing out loud

golem370
But the pounders gives him stronger punching power then normal.

KharmaDog
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just to play devil's advocate,

After doing some reading on Ulik (though familiar with the character I am by no means well versed in his abilities) he's not just a brick.

Class 95 strength

Superhuman speed (not stated as to upper limits, but he seems fast enough to keep up with thor)

Enhanced human agility (not as agile as Logan, but any heavy weight who can move with any efficient degree of agility becomes exponentially more dangerous.

Enhanced/superhuman reflexes

Metahuman durability

Superhuman stamina

Skills wise he can use a mace and a sword to fight gods, so he's gotta have some talent, plus he has 1500 years of combat experience which could count for something.

Finally, the pounders allow him to hit things harder than what his strength is limited to...which is saying something.

If you dismiss his abilities so quickly and think that this is a Character that wolverine was made to beat, I think you have greatly underestimated one character, and greatly overestimated another.

The thought has crossed my mind...and I have to ask... do you believe that wolverine could beat Thor?

Warrior18
Originally posted by KharmaDog
Just to play devil's advocate,

After doing some reading on Ulik (though familiar with the character I am by no means well versed in his abilities) he's not just a brick.

Class 95 strength

Superhuman speed (not stated as to upper limits, but he seems fast enough to keep up with thor)

Enhanced human agility (not as agile as Logan, but any heavy weight who can move with any efficient degree of agility becomes exponentially more dangerous.

Enhanced/superhuman reflexes

Metahuman durability

Superhuman stamina

Skills wise he can use a mace and a sword to fight gods, so he's gotta have some talent, plus he has 1500 years of combat experience which could count for something.

Finally, the pounders allow him to hit things harder than what his strength is limited to...which is saying something.

If you dismiss his abilities so quickly and think that this is a Character that wolverine was made to beat, I think you have greatly underestimated one character, and greatly overestimated another.

The thought has crossed my mind...and I have to ask... do you believe that wolverine could beat Thor?

I don't know much about Ulik but if he is anything like other similar heavy hitters then I fail to see the problem.

Almost every Tom,Dick and Harry in comics is stated to be fairly proficient in hand to hand or melee combat.

Being incredibly old rarely has a bearing on fighting ability in comics.Certainly when people like Thor or Odin are concerned. Is Odin Marvel's finest martial artist? I doubt it.

Many characters we would describe as 'bricks' are listed as having superhuman speed/agility etc.Purely nominal most of the time.

Nominally listed superhuman speed means nothing if Logan,Spidey,Cap,Iron Fist,the Punisher,Black Widow,Hawkeye,Daredevil....................aaaaand every non brick under the Sun has managed to run rings around them in combat on panel regularly for goodness knows how long.

Kris Blaze
Who has run circles around Ulik?

Aside from that bullshit event with Punisher.

Battlehammer
Keeping up with Thor is not impressive. many characters do it all the time. Thor hardly ever displays impressive combat speed. Not saying Thor does not posses it but saying Ulki fight thor equates to him having impressive combat speed is faulty logiv.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.