Scribblenauts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
So, has anyone gotten this game yet?

I was playing my friend's copy of it at work tonight...I've been planning to pick it up tomorrow, but after having played it a bit, I have to have it. It's such a simple concept, but is so amazingly detailed and is the most fun I've had with a game in such a long time. The only downside is that the touchscreen controls aren't as precise as they could be but honestly, it really doesn't detract from the game at all. It's just pure genius.

Can't wait to go pick it up tomorrow.

Because really, how can you top a game that lets you have a four-way brawl between God, Zeus, Satan, and Cthulhu?

(Cthulhu won that one, btw)

Nemesis X
Don't put dingo and a baby in the same place because believe it or not, dingo will actually eat the baby. This was shown on a demo in an episode of X-Play.

Peach
I know, I saw that video. That was really funny.

We also fed some trick-or-treaters to a zombie on accident.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Peach
We also fed some trick-or-treaters to a zombie on accident.

...lol

Neo Darkhalen
There are some frustrating controls that unfortunately ruin the whole experience and hamper the game, but the ability to create just about anything is amazing and is really the only thing that salvages it, the restriction on how to go about solving puzzles and the awkward controls sadly spoil what is a very awesome game (at least in premise)

I also hear there are a few game breaking bugs tucked around, but that is to be expected.

Peach
Bought it, love it.

I don't find the controls to be that awkward; annoying at times, yes (I resorted to shooting someone to get them out of my way once), but not terrible. And there really aren't restrictions on how to solve puzzles. You get more points for being creative about it. There's a par score, though, which is the number of objects you should shoot for (or less) to solve the puzzle.

Also, the game has the LHC in it. Thus, it is AWESOME.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
what's the general gist of the gimmick?

Scythe
What's LHC?

Peach
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
what's the general gist of the gimmick?

Not a gimmick, awesome. And basically, the game revolves around solving a number of puzzles by writing in the names of and thus summoning a variety of items. There's like...literally tens of thousands of items. I've yet to stump the game, and I've tried.

Originally posted by Scythe
What's LHC?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Large_Hadron_Collider

Scythe
So, it's in the game? What's it do?

~:Mr.Anderson:~
sounds entertaining at best, interesting at worst. I will check it out smile

Peach
Originally posted by Scythe
So, it's in the game? What's it do?

I decided I needed to write it in just to see...

If you summon it and interact with it, it explodes and causes a black hole.

NemeBro
I could stump the game.

Easily. estahuh

Peach
Considering that the game states that profanity and vulgarity will not produce anything, typing in something that falls into one of those categories does not count as stumping it.

stick out tongue

NemeBro
Nope, wasn't going to do such a thing.

I would have typed Nyarlathotep.

Although since it apparently has Cthuhlu it may have it, but I know of moar stuffz.

Peach
Nyarlathotep is actually not in there.

Though I did make a Naga stick out tongue

NemeBro
SHWEET! I HAS STUMPED T3H SYSTEM!!!

A naga ey? Kewl.

You should make Johnny Cash.

Just to see if it works. no expression

Peach
There aren't proper names in it.

NemeBro
Fair enough.

But this game is gut, ja?

Peach
I've been having a lot of fun with it, yeah.

NemeBro
I may pick it up, I need some new DS games.

Scythe
Originally posted by Peach
I decided I needed to write it in just to see...

If you summon it and interact with it, it explodes and causes a black hole.

Oh, neat!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.