Kratos vs Gyrados and Milotic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
1. GoW1 Kratos
2. GoW2 Kratos

occultdestroyer
Gyarados uses Dragon Rage.

Gyarados defeats Kratos.

First_Tsurugi06
Three 10-year-olds managed to survive a Dragon Rage made from multiple Gyrados. Sure as hell wasn't toonforce either.

Poseidon's Rage defeats Gyrados on the grounds of being Super Effective. Milotic, I have never heard of. What generation is it?

NemeBro
Lol.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Three 10-year-olds managed to survive a Dragon Rage made from multiple Gyrados. Sure as hell wasn't toonforce either.

Poseidon's Rage defeats Gyrados on the grounds of being Super Effective. Milotic, I have never heard of. What generation is it?

Water pokemon, I think it's 4th.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Water pokemon, I think it's 4th.
3rd actually

Wei Phoenix
Still dies a horrible death.

ScreamPaste
Gyarados ****inh eats him

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
Gyarados ****inh eats him

Like the Hydra tried? Poseidon's ranger for 4x damage.

ScreamPaste
thrashj for ohko

Wei Phoenix
When has Thrash ever OHKO'd someone? He's supposed to do this before he gets a Poseidon's rage or lightning bolt? What happens when Kratos uses the Fleece to block it? Gyrados becomes confused and dies an even more worse death.

Gumachi
Pokemon sucks. Kratos kills both of them with his cawk.

ScreamPaste
An angry Gyarados is a city buster. no expression

MooCowofJustice
Gyrados' Hyper Beams disintegrate its targets.

NemeBro
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
An angry Gyarados is a city buster. no expression No he is not.

An angry Gyrados has been known to destroy cities in its rampages, it has never been stated to be able to bust a city in one shot.

SuperLuigi
whirlpool twister and hyperbeam kratos has no answer for

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by MooCowofJustice
Gyrados' Hyper Beams disintegrate its targets. Originally posted by SuperLuigi
whirlpool twister and hyperbeam kratos has no answer for

Golden Fleece? Dodge and use his electric attacks, turn them into stone?

SuperLuigi
they are both faster than kratos

Gumachi
Kratos has Teh Bladez of Olympus smile (and Hades' souls)

MooCowofJustice
I'd say Kratos could take a regular Gyrados, but Milotic is in this fight too.

XanatosForever
I would say Kratos can handle Gyrados with relative ease, but I have no knowledge of Milotic, and so cannot give an opinion.

MooCowofJustice
Milotic is an opposite to Gyrados, basically. Its more defensively oriented, with Special Defense being its highest stat. It gets moves that Gyrados doesn't like Thunder Wave. I can't remember if Gyrados gets Ice Beam or not. But that might be one of Milotic's best moves in this.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah. Gyarados gets Ice Beam, though it hardly matters since its special attack is only about half as much as its physical attack.

And lol @ the Gyar wanking in this thread.

MooCowofJustice
<--- has seen no Gyrados wanking.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by XanatosForever
I would say Kratos can handle Gyrados with relative ease, but I have no knowledge of Milotic, and so cannot give an opinion.

bullshit there is a difference between a lame ass hydra and a bad ass pokemon, like controlling the water around him for instance.

Wei Phoenix
I'd say Kratos could take a regular Gyrados, but Milotic is in this fight too.

Poseidon's rage hits more than one person and they won't be taking turns attacking. Kratos just goes until they die. Kratos wins easily.

MooCowofJustice
I don't even know what Poseidon's Rage is. It can be dodged, right?

SuperLuigi
Poseidon's rage hits more than one person and they won't be taking turns attacking. Kratos just goes until they die. Kratos wins easily.

yea like gyrados and milotic would just sit their and take it. hyper beam its done. surf to capsize the ship then its definitely game over.

Wei Phoenix
If they're up close how Kratos likes to fight then almost unlikely that it'll be blocked, and Gyrados aren't none for their agility and dodging skills. Chucking lightning bolts works as well. Golden Fleece helps him and Medusa's Head can instantly turn them to stone.

SuperLuigi
all trainers say to their pokemon is dodge it... gyrados and milotic wouldnt fight up close since they are limbless and have ranged attacks

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
all trainers say to their pokemon is dodge it... gyrados and milotic wouldnt fight up close since they are limbless and have ranged attacks

These pokemon are masters of strategy now? Kratos moves in and cuts the gap. Being limbless doesn't mean that you will automatically say "Hey I don't fight up close" Saying dodge it doesn't mean it's going to dodge, it's going to try and dodge and Kratos can chuck bolts repeatedly.

MooCowofJustice
Maybe I'm just missing what these things do. Golden Fleece is obviously some kind of repel shield, I still dunno what Poseidon's Rage does, and Medusa's Head probably requires being up close.

SuperLuigi
These pokemon are masters of strategy now? Kratos moves in and cuts the gap. Being limbless doesn't mean that you will automatically say "Hey I don't fight up close" Saying dodge it doesn't mean it's going to dodge, it's going to try and dodge and Kratos can chuck bolts repeatedly.

masters of strategy, no. idiots to stand there and let kratos have his way, not that at all.

there is more than one way to eat a reese's but there is only one outcome of this match. Team 2

Wei Phoenix
Poseidon's rage is basically lighting raining down around him.

Golden Fleece counters moves and reflects them back.

Medusa's head doesn't have to be like 5 feet up close. Mid range works as well.

Wei Phoenix
masters of strategy, no. idiots to stand there and let kratos have his way, not that at all.

there is more than one way to eat a reese's but there is only one outcome of this match. Team 2

Not really. Kratos kills them in both. One lightning attack is all it takes for Gyrados to die.

MooCowofJustice
K.

So why is Kratos faster? Gyrados isn't slow. And Milotic can tank at least twice the damage Gyrados can take.

SuperLuigi
mud sport weakens electric/lightning based attacks, magic coat counters the damage, protect blocks the attack, whirlpool puts kratos at their mercy, water pulse dazes/confuses kratos, hyper beam ends it.

First_Tsurugi06
bullshit there is a difference between a lame ass hydra and a bad ass pokemon, like controlling the water around him for instance.

Yeah, the "lame ass" Hydra was worse than any Gyrados, having countless heads that will only ever come back unless any harm was done to the main head, which was larger than any Gyrados.

That Hydra was not only bigger than any first-generation Pokemon (hell, we've never seen the whole thing, and chances are it's larger than almost all Pokemon), but even the smaller Hydra heads used a level of controlling water. The main Hydra head could probably just eat either Pokemon in this thread.

Not to mention every electrical attack Kratos has besides Zeus' Fury is practically AoE-sized even in Kratos' base size, ignoring the scale increase through Pandora's Box.

SuperLuigi
one hyperbeam would incinerate the hydra. it has no durability.

NemeBro
K.

So why is Kratos faster? Gyrados isn't slow. And Milotic can tank at least twice the damage Gyrados can take. Kratos has reacted to lightning, blocking and reflecting it.

Medusa's Gaze is to be honest weakened in gameplay, IMO.

XanatosForever

Firstly, the Hydra was a formidable creature, and massive to boot. Its full body was never portrayed, but simply estimating from the size of its heads, it was likely close to Colossal size. Kratos defeated this massive creature with little to know magical prowess, and in one of his lowest incarnations at the beginning of God of War. God of War II Kratos could, and most likely would, defeat the Hydra in half of the time.

Moo, the abilities Kratos would most likely use in this battle are the following, separated by scenario:
God of War
Poseidon's Rage - An electrical, area-of-effect that strikes multiple opponents multiple times in rapid succession. The electric nature of this attack would be super effective against Gyrados and Milotic.
Bolts of Zeus - Bolts of lightning Kratos can fire off multiple times rapidly. A line-of-effect ability, and again, being electrical, super effective against the pokemon.
Head of Medusa - Exactly what it says, Kratos can wield the head of Medusa and turn enemies into stone. This is cone-of-effect ability that can petrify enemies gradually, or instantly. If Gyrados and Milotic are petrified, there is not much they can do to counter attack.
Rage of the Gods - This ability makes Kratos temporarily invulnerable, if I recall correctly. More importantly, it increases his attack strength and allows him to use unlimited magic.
Depending on who you ask, he might also have access to Pandora's Box, which would increase his strength, and his size so greatly that he would dwarf the pokemon, and thus increase the power of his abilities.

God of War II
Cronos' Rage - Another electrical, area-of-effect attack, the difference between Poseidon's Rage and Cronos' Rage is that instead of the attack originating from Kratos directly and spreading out, it forms as up to three spheres of electrical energy that can chain together and strike enemies rapidly. I believe the number of hits are even faster accrued than Poseidon's Rage, but I do not recall exactly.
Golden Fleece - This is quite possibly the key to Kratos's victory in this scenario. The Golden Fleece not only allows Kratos to better parry physical attack, he is able to absorb ranged energy attacks and reflect them back at his opponents. This works for both projectiles and area-of-effect attacks.
Head of Euryale - Essentially the same as the Head of Medusa, but with greater variety in how to petrify opponents. Instead of just the standard cone-of-effect, Kratos can also cause projectiles with splash effect petrification, and unleash a massive area-of-effect blast that petrifies foes instantly.
Rage of the Titans - Again, similar to Rage of the Gods, only Kratos is not invulnerable. He takes damage, but he will literally tank it, not flinching to any attack that reaches its mark. Again, he can utilize unlimited magical energy during this ability, and his strength increases.

Sin_Volvagia
1. Kratos throws a lightning bolt and Gyarados explodes in a burst of blood and scales. He then proceeds to rip Milotic apart.

2. He goes into Rage and jump in the water while using Cronos Rage orbs. While both Pokemon go into a violent convulsion, Kratos jumps out with Chaos Blades extended and decapitates both of them.

Phanteros
Gyrados gets Hydra'd

Nemesis X
Kratos skins them both and kicks Pikachu around just for laughs.

SuperLuigi
its funny how you all think your right.

XanatosForever
Well, it is part of a debate to believe your argument is correct, or else you will be second-guessing yourself the whole time and make flimsy arguments that can easily be trumped. no expression

Wei Phoenix
mud sport weakens electric/lightning based attacks, magic coat counters the damage, protect blocks the attack, whirlpool puts kratos at their mercy, water pulse dazes/confuses kratos, hyper beam ends it.

Neither of them naturally learn half of those moves you just named.

SuperLuigi
Neither of them naturally learn half of those moves you just named.

i didnt specify which moves the pokemon have now did i? nope. plus there is no way kratos is surviving a hyper beam period.

Phanteros
i didnt specify which moves the pokemon have now did i? nope. plus there is no way kratos is surviving a hyper beam period. A beam with no feats is hurting Kratos?

MooCowofJustice
It incinerates its targets as stated by the Pokedex.

EvilAngel
I had to laugh at this thread.

I would assume Kratos beats them both. Gyarados is the only real debate here by the looks, not that i even know what a Milotic is anyway.

Gyarados's skin is harder than steep, and it can crush stones with it's bite. But it's only 21 feet long, and only weighs 500 pounds. So i think i'd be right is assuming Kratos can throw him around like a rag doll. On those grounds i think Kratos wins.

Fun thread though =)

Phanteros
It incinerates its targets as stated by the Pokedex. Pokedex fluf.

XanatosForever
i didnt specify which moves the pokemon have now did i? nope. plus there is no way kratos is surviving a hyper beam period.

There are plenty of ways Kratos survives a hyper beam. He can just plain avoid it. Or, he can reflect it.

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by Phanteros
A beam with no feats is hurting Kratos?

you sound desperate. kratos has shit durability. got crushed by a hollow man. gets stabbed very easily. yet a destructive blast wont hurt him. carely remove kratos's penis from whatever part of your body it went in and analyze how dumb that statement is.

Originally posted by EvilAngel
I had to laugh at this thread.

I would assume Kratos beats them both. Gyarados is the only real debate here by the looks, not that i even know what a Milotic is anyway.

Gyarados's skin is harder than steep, and it can crush stones with it's bite. But it's only 21 feet long, and only weighs 500 pounds. So i think i'd be right is assuming Kratos can throw him around like a rag doll. On those grounds i think Kratos wins.

Fun thread though =)

no. for kratos to "throw him around like a rag doll" he would have to get close. that means he would have to fly up to it or swim to it. kratos has never shown fast movement speed so it wont happen. since you said gyarados's skin is harder than steel then he can crush kratos far more easily than colossus did. kratos will be hard pressed to beat one of them. no chance at both no matter how much anybody here wishes. Pokemon have much greater durability than any of the beasts kratos fights.

EvilAngel
you sound desperate. kratos has shit durability. got crushed by a hollow man. gets stabbed very easily. yet a destructive blast wont hurt him. carely remove kratos's penis from whatever part of your body it went in and analyze how dumb that statement is.

no. for kratos to "throw him around like a rag doll" he would have to get close. that means he would have to fly up to it or swim to it. kratos has never shown fast movement speed so it wont happen. since you said gyarados's skin is harder than steel then he can crush kratos far more easily than colossus did. kratos will be hard pressed to beat one of them. no chance at both no matter how much anybody here wishes. Pokemon have much greater durability than any of the beasts kratos fights.

This thread is far too amusing for me to be able to take this seriously. I concede to all arguements =P

Phanteros
SuperLuigi is desperate as he has yet to show any feats for hyperbeam.

Peach
SL, watch your language. You can do without the insults.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
Kratos has reacted to lightning, blocking and reflecting it.

Medusa's Gaze is to be honest weakened in gameplay, IMO.

MG, Zeus' Fury and the Blades of Chaos are weakened/tweaked for gameplay purposes. Same goes for Euryale's Head & the Blade of Olympus (a rather disturbing down-play considering what the sword can do in cut-scenes).

Why the Blades of Chaos? Simple, they can cut off the head of the Barbarian King in a single swipe, yet in-game, they function as clubs and punches outside a few select instances.

Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Yeah, the "lame ass" Hydra was worse than any Gyrados, having countless heads that will only ever come back unless any harm was done to the main head, which was larger than any Gyrados.

That Hydra was not only bigger than any first-generation Pokemon (hell, we've never seen the whole thing, and chances are it's larger than almost all Pokemon), but even the smaller Hydra heads used a level of controlling water. The main Hydra head could probably just eat either Pokemon in this thread.

Not to mention every electrical attack Kratos has besides Zeus' Fury is practically AoE-sized even in Kratos' base size, ignoring the scale increase through Pandora's Box.

That hydra wasn't the Lernaean hydra that appears in Greek Mythology. The only reason I say that is because the main head of the LH was immortal, but Kratos was able to kill the main head just by impaling it.

Originally posted by XanatosForever

Moo, the abilities Kratos would most likely use in this battle are the following, separated by scenario:
God of War
Poseidon's Rage - An electrical, area-of-effect that strikes multiple opponents multiple times in rapid succession. The electric nature of this attack would be super effective against Gyrados and Milotic.
Bolts of Zeus - Bolts of lightning Kratos can fire off multiple times rapidly. A line-of-effect ability, and again, being electrical, super effective against the pokemon.
Head of Medusa - Exactly what it says, Kratos can wield the head of Medusa and turn enemies into stone. This is cone-of-effect ability that can petrify enemies gradually, or instantly. If Gyrados and Milotic are petrified, there is not much they can do to counter attack.
Rage of the Gods - This ability makes Kratos temporarily invulnerable, if I recall correctly. More importantly, it increases his attack strength and allows him to use unlimited magic.
Depending on who you ask, he might also have access to Pandora's Box, which would increase his strength, and his size so greatly that he would dwarf the pokemon, and thus increase the power of his abilities.

God of War II
Cronos' Rage - Another electrical, area-of-effect attack, the difference between Poseidon's Rage and Cronos' Rage is that instead of the attack originating from Kratos directly and spreading out, it forms as up to three spheres of electrical energy that can chain together and strike enemies rapidly. I believe the number of hits are even faster accrued than Poseidon's Rage, but I do not recall exactly.
Golden Fleece - This is quite possibly the key to Kratos's victory in this scenario. The Golden Fleece not only allows Kratos to better parry physical attack, he is able to absorb ranged energy attacks and reflect them back at his opponents. This works for both projectiles and area-of-effect attacks.
Head of Euryale - Essentially the same as the Head of Medusa, but with greater variety in how to petrify opponents. Instead of just the standard cone-of-effect, Kratos can also cause projectiles with splash effect petrification, and unleash a massive area-of-effect blast that petrifies foes instantly.
Rage of the Titans - Again, similar to Rage of the Gods, only Kratos is not invulnerable. He takes damage, but he will literally tank it, not flinching to any attack that reaches its mark. Again, he can utilize unlimited magical energy during this ability, and his strength increases.

Zeus' Fury, were it the true Thunder Bolts wielded by the King of the Gods, would be a one hit kill for any Pokemon. Said point is moot, since those Lightning bolts are weakened in the GoW-verse. However, in-game, those ZF's bolts are still quite powerful, not to mention, he can throw them out very fast.

Rage of the Gods doesn't make him invulnerable BTW, it makes him a tank with extra power and unlimited magic. He can still take damage, but he'll tank through it.

Rage of the Titans doesn't give him infinite magic, it does however give him extra strength (works a little differently in-game) & a move that looks like a tornado, but it composed of fire.

Kratos handily takes any scenario.

This thread is weird >__>. No offense TC.

NemeBro
Kratos throws Gyrados into the upper Atmosphere.

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
MG, Zeus' Fury and the Blades of Chaos are weakened/tweaked for gameplay purposes. Same goes for Euryale's Head & the Blade of Olympus (a rather disturbing down-play considering what the sword can do in cut-scenes).

Why the Blades of Chaos? Simple, they can cut off the head of the Barbarian King in a single swipe, yet in-game, they function as clubs and punches outside a few select instances.

That hydra wasn't the Lernaean hydra that appears in Greek Mythology. The only reason I say that is because the main head of the LH was immortal, but Kratos was able to kill the main head just by impaling it.

Zeus' Fury, were it the true Thunder Bolts wielded by the King of the Gods, would be a one hit kill for any Pokemon. Said point is moot, since those Lightning bolts are weakened in the GoW-verse. However, in-game, those ZF's bolts are still quite powerful, not to mention, he can throw them out very fast.

Rage of the Gods doesn't make him invulnerable BTW, it makes him a tank with extra power and unlimited magic. He can still take damage, but he'll tank through it.

Rage of the Titans doesn't give him infinite magic, it does however give him extra strength (works a little differently in-game) & a move that looks like a tornado, but it composed of fire.

Kratos handily takes any scenario.

This thread is weird >__>. No offense TC.

Thanks for the corrections, DP. I was not entirely sure, but I seem to have been right for most of it. smile

Demonic Phoenix
No prob. You were for the most part.

Sin_Volvagia

lol please tell me youre joking. gyarados doesnt stand a chance.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.