Kratos and Astaroth vs Onaga and Nariko

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperLuigi
weapons only for Nariko and Kratos

Gumachi
Kratos fvcks the shit out of Nariko.

NemeBro
Kratos has at least a good chance of soloing the field...

Gumachi
I doubt Kratos would beat Nariko. It's possible, but...

NemeBro
Why?

Is it because she is much much weaker and slower than him?

Gumachi
Nariko is way faster than Kratos (from what i've seen). Weaker? Physically.

This is Kratos best bet beating Nariko:

NemeBro
Way faster? Better be faster than lightning, otherwise, she is not.

Nariko is an insect physically.

Gumachi
Lol, Kratos isn't even as fast as lighting; he needs Hermes' boots. But yeah, now that I think about it, Kratos beats her.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Gumachi
Lol, Kratos isn't even as fast as lighting; he needs Hermes' boots. But yeah, now that I think about it, Kratos beats her. I guess that is why he deflected it from Zeus.

Gumachi
Reaction time? Yeah. Being fast? No. Like I said, he needs Hermes' boots.

NemeBro
Reaction-time is a form of speed and is more important than movement speed.

Gumachi
Doesn't mean he can dodge anything (i.e-a pillar). So Cloud (a human) could beat alot of people? Simply because he dodge lighting?

Rapidash
Nariko is way faster than Kratos (from what i've seen). Weaker? Physically.

This is Kratos best bet beating Nariko:
wink

That post is against forum rules, I'm quite sure.

Gumachi
I don't give a shit.

Rapidash
Wasn't going to report it, but you just gave me a reason to.

Gumachi
Lol, report me, lol. Won't be the first time I've been banned, lol.

Rapidash
How mature.

Kratos might take this, although Nariko gets a vote of confidence because I like her.

NemeBro
Doesn't mean he can dodge anything (i.e-a pillar). So Cloud (a human) could beat alot of people? Simply because he dodge lighting? The pillar that cleared miles nigh instantaneously that blindsided him?

Cloud isn't a normal human, and when did he dodge lightning?

Rapidash
Cloud is far from human. I don't think any of the Final Fantasy characters even fall close to human level. Barret maybe?

NemeBro
Even Barret has superhuman endurance and strength.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Rapidash
Wasn't going to report it, but you just gave me a reason to.

Owned.

MadMel
Originally posted by NemeBro
The pillar that cleared miles nigh instantaneously that blindsided him?

Cloud isn't a normal human, and when did he dodge lightning?
lightning moves miles nigh instantaneously and can blindside people..not that it has any real relevance to the discussion stick out tongue

cloud, and a lot of other FF7 characters could dodge bullets with relative ease..i doubt lightning would give him too much trouble..

i personally reckon kratos could win...i dont know nariko at all tho, so my point is strictly bias erm
also just pointing out - noone has mentioned onaga and ataroth at all yet laughing out loud

NemeBro
The average rifle bullet flies at 1,000 meters per second, the average bolt of lightning travels at 60,000 mps...

MadMel
touche - even so, i reckon cloud could take it, given his insane healing factor stick out tongue

EvilAngel
The average rifle bullet flies at 1,000 meters per second, the average bolt of lightning travels at 60,000 mps...

Let me know when real life physics can really be applied to game physics ;p

Then you'll have some excellent points wink

Remember when we tried to work out how fast Bleach characters are? ;p just saying is all

ScreamPaste

1. What he's describing isn't some complicated physics equation. It's simple fact.

2. In most gaming universes, the physics are the same as we have. The Devs want them to be believable, so they ry to accurately reconstruct our own physics. Unless there's some sign the physics are different, it's generally safe to assume that they simply are. no expression

3. Would you rather we guess with nothing to accurately compare the feats to?

EvilAngel
Originally posted by ScreamPaste

1. What he's describing isn't some complicated physics equation. It's simple fact.

2. In most gaming universes, the physics are the same as we have. The Devs want them to be believable, so they ry to accurately reconstruct our own physics. Unless there's some sign the physics are different, it's generally safe to assume that they simply are. no expression

3. Would you rather we guess with nothing to accurately compare the feats to?

Constructive post. But there's a problem with the foundation.

If all the characters were as fast/strong as our own physics would imply then they should be capable of so much more than what they do in the games. In this case Kratos, dodging lightning is an inconsistent feat, as he couldn't do things in the games he should of been able to if he were truly this fast.

Personally i find it far more likely Kratos dodged the aim rather than the lightning. If you understand my meaning? ;p

But any who, i think why you shouldn't calculate things from games, anime etc based on real world physics is a bit of an inside story =)

ScreamPaste
This I can agree with but accurate estimations always > guessing.

NemeBro
Kratos didn't dodge any lightning, he blocked it. He has never had trouble blocking, well, anything really.

Also, YOU tried to work out Bleach speed, and I never bothered figuring out where you got those numbers. stick out tongue

EvilAngel
Kratos didn't dodge any lightning, he blocked it. He has never had trouble blocking, well, anything really.

Also, YOU tried to work out Bleach speed, and I never bothered figuring out where you got those numbers. stick out tongue

Well then he blocked the aim? Blocking lightning would mean he can move his arm at, blah, which in theory means he can make a hundred millions slashes per second. Or something like that, right? So therefore him being "Faster than lightning" is an absurd notion.

You memory going bad already? ;p you double checked my figures because we both thought it was hilarious to the point of absurdity.

NemeBro
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Well then he blocked the aim? Blocking lightning would mean he can move his arm at, blah, which in theory means he can make a hundred millions slashes per second. Or something like that, right? So therefore him being "Faster than lightning" is an absurd notion.

You memory going bad already? ;p you double checked my figures because we both thought it was hilarious to the point of absurdity. Not really, to block Kratos just kinda has to shift to the side, Golden Fleece and all. Also, being able to block such attacks does not mean you can necessarily attack that fast, in fiction anyway.

I checked the math, I had no idea where the numbers were actually from. stick out tongue

EvilAngel
Not really, to block Kratos just kinda has to shift to the side, Golden Fleece and all. Also, being able to block such attacks does not mean you can necessarily attack that fast, in fiction anyway.

I checked the math, I had no idea where the numbers were actually from. stick out tongue

....You can't claim real world physics yet in the same arguement say "in fiction anyway." to get the arugment. Either you are that fast or you are not. Kratos from gameplay and all other feats, is NOT ;p

Nariko kicks his ass anyway ;p

Yes you did, i linked you the website, something about humans reaction time, right?

I remember because you found a number bigger than the one i had, but it just made them even faster =s so we discarded it.

NemeBro
....You can't claim real world physics yet in the same arguement say "in fiction anyway." to get the arugment. Either you are that fast or you are not. Kratos from gameplay and all other feats, is NOT ;p

Nariko kicks his ass anyway ;p

Yes you did, i linked you the website, something about humans reaction time, right?

I remember because you found a number bigger than the one i had, but it just made them even faster =s so we discarded it. That's not true, at all. For instance, it is safe to assume a rifle bullet flies at about the same speed as IRL in fiction. But a FTL character should not be assumed to be under all the effects of relativity, if they are not displayed, ya know?

Um, no, Nariko has nothing on Kratos. stick out tongue

Yeah but the arrangement of the numbers and your reasoning are still an unknown to them, and what were the numbers again btw?

EvilAngel
That's not true, at all. For instance, it is safe to assume a rifle bullet flies at about the same speed as IRL in fiction. But a FTL character should not be assumed to be under all the effects of relativity, if they are not displayed, ya know?

Um, no, Nariko has nothing on Kratos. stick out tongue

Yeah but the arrangement of the numbers and your reasoning are still an unknown to them, and what were the numbers again btw?

But Kratos isn't FTL ;p He blocked the aim, which explain allot more than it would if he block lightnnig after it had been fired, unless the lightnnig was for reason X slow.

Except for attack speed, style and skill. You know those criucal things that make her better than him in a fight ;p

Hell if i know, it was ages ago ;p

All i remember was in theory Ulquoirra released was like 140 times the speed of light, or something liek that anyway.

NemeBro
But Kratos isn't FTL ;p He blocked the aim, which explain allot more than it would if he block lightnnig after it had been fired, unless the lightnnig was for reason X slow.

Except for attack speed, style and skill. You know those criucal things that make her better than him in a fight ;p

Hell if i know, it was ages ago ;p

All i remember was in theory Ulquoirra released was like 140 times the speed of light, or something liek that anyway. Or Kratos is just that fast, reaction-wise. I do not recall it being before it was fired, which it would have to be.

Attack speed? Not by much, and that is regarding Kratos' many ranged attacks. Skill? You will have to forgive me if I find Nariko being superior in skill to a decorated Spartan Commander who was trained by the God of War himself unlikely. Besides, Kratos is stronger(By alot, as in he can crush her skull in the palm of his hand), more durable, and has magic which will ensure Nariko is not going near Kratos.

Wasn't it like 200 milliseconds? Cause that is more than twice as fast as the speed it takes to fully form a thought...

Nah.

EvilAngel
Or Kratos is just that fast, reaction-wise. I do not recall it being before it was fired, which it would have to be.

Attack speed? Not by much, and that is regarding Kratos' many ranged attacks. Skill? You will have to forgive me if I find Nariko being superior in skill to a decorated Spartan Commander who was trained by the God of War himself unlikely. Besides, Kratos is stronger(By alot, as in he can crush her skull in the palm of his hand), more durable, and has magic which will ensure Nariko is not going near Kratos.

Wasn't it like 200 milliseconds? Cause that is more than twice as fast as the speed it takes to fully form a thought...

Nah.

....Yeah no..... To block lightning it would take more than sheer reaction speed. You have the number go work out how long it would take lightnnig to hit Kratos at the estimated range it was launch at. To block that in time would be a feat no way any human can do. Kratos isn't human but there's no way he's that fast either ;p

It's by enough for her to win.

Skill... ehh sure that all sounds well, but if you can find me showing where Kratos actually displays good skill with his swords then i'll be impressed. Because all i remember his hard attacks and throwing/grappbling attacks.

NemeBro
....Yeah no..... To block lightning it would take more than sheer reaction speed. You have the number go work out how long it would take lightnnig to hit Kratos at the estimated range it was launch at. To block that in time would be a feat no way any human can do. Kratos isn't human but there's no way he's that fast either ;p

It's by enough for her to win.

Skill... ehh sure that all sounds well, but if you can find me showing where Kratos actually displays good skill with his swords then i'll be impressed. Because all i remember his hard attacks and throwing/grappbling attacks. Roughly 0.00005 seconds. Which is very fast. I have seen humans in fiction react faster. Why can he not have reaction-times that fast?

Not really, she will not get close unless he allows her.

Displays good skill? How's about the countless opponents he is able to parry and block attacks. As for hard attacks...It is nearly impossible for any attack from Kratos to not use a hard attack, and his grappling attacks easily kill opponents, if Kratos got a hold of Nariko, she would die.

Seriously thought, Euryale's Gaze ftw. Turn to stone, shatter.

First_Tsurugi06
I'm not sure abou Onaga, but Kratos annihilates Nariko.

I'm inclined to say that Kratos' attack speed with his blades is faster than Nariko in general. Nariko's never shown anything supremely impressive in speed, let alone anything else besides sheer grace in her agility simply to fit the Martial Arts motif of the video game. And as Nemebro said, Nariko's not even going to land a hit, nor even close the distance, what with Kratos' dozen or so different spells. That's not counting he can go into his Rage form and become virtually invulnerable whereas the most Nariko ever had was that one pact she made with the Heavenly Sword for a temporary power-boost.

Nariko still has yet to fight an excessive number of anything but worthless grunt soldiers, whereas Kratos regularly fought numbers of undead armies, mythical beasts, and in one of his least powerful incarnations, an island-sized Hydra. Even in weakened states (ie post- Colossus of Rhodes innards), Kratos has shown raw jumping feats that outweigh any of Nariko's little wall-bounding maneuvers.

As for Astaroth, I know some Soul Calibur characters are more powerful than given credit (not to say that they have very many feats, even the one confirmed as being the most powerful SC character ever), but as big a fan I am, I'm not exactly well-versed with Astaroth's story. I know he's a clay Golem created to Serve Ares who killed Maxi's crew, but that's about all I know.

EvilAngel
Roughly 0.00005 seconds. Which is very fast. I have seen humans in fiction react faster. Why can he not have reaction-times that fast?

Not really, she will not get close unless he allows her.

Displays good skill? How's about the countless opponents he is able to parry and block attacks. As for hard attacks...It is nearly impossible for any attack from Kratos to not use a hard attack, and his grappling attacks easily kill opponents, if Kratos got a hold of Nariko, she would die.

Seriously thought, Euryale's Gaze ftw. Turn to stone, shatter.

Like who? And does Kratos have any other feats on par with this?

Oh? and why wouldn't he? Doesn't seem like the type to do something like that atleast.

......It's to be expcected from that type of game. Seriously, should i go and play DW as Zhuge Liang or whatever his name is and claim he is teh uber with a fan because i killed lots of people with it and block countless attacks?

And by hard attacks i mean slower more bulky attacks. Maybe it really has been a long time since i saw that game but if memory serve Nariko is much faster in combat and more agile.

First_Tsurugi06
As far as agility is concerned, yes Nariko has that edge. But against Kratos, it's essentially her ONLY edge, and far from too much for someone who regularly fought flying/teleporting characters, whereas Nariko only fought Flying Fox (by comparison of aforementioned powers), and wasn't even the one who killed him.

Also, before people fall back on Flying Fox being able to create illusions of himself, don't forget that Kratos had fought practically a small army of dopplegangers while trying to protect his wife and daughter.

NemeBro

Oh? and why wouldn't he? Doesn't seem like the type to do something like that atleast.

......It's to be expcected from that type of game. Seriously, should i go and play DW as Zhuge Liang or whatever his name is and claim he is teh uber with a fan because i killed lots of people with it and block countless attacks?

And by hard attacks i mean slower more bulky attacks. Maybe it really has been a long time since i saw that game but if memory serve Nariko is much faster in combat and more agile. A few people in Bastard!! (A manga) are human and react to lightning and faster attacks.

He has numerous options that would defeat her from a distance.

He does it in canon and in cutscenes though...And yeah that would be fine. Zhuge Liang if memory recalls is leet as fawk.

Not really...It all depends on the attack and weapon. Also, I do not recall Nariko being that fast, nor agile, Kratos in the GoWIII trailer has shown to ability to run on walls at least.

Wei Phoenix

And by hard attacks i mean slower more bulky attacks. Maybe it really has been a long time since i saw that game but if memory serve Nariko is much faster in combat and more agile.

Sima Yi is so much better though. Hell Wei in general is greater than Shu, with Wei Yan as the exception.

NemeBro
I get Sima Yi and Liang confused...Who is the one with the beard lol?

EvilAngel
A few people in Bastard!! (A manga) are human and react to lightning and faster attacks.

He has numerous options that would defeat her from a distance.

He does it in canon and in cutscenes though...And yeah that would be fine. Zhuge Liang if memory recalls is leet as fawk.

Not really...It all depends on the attack and weapon. Also, I do not recall Nariko being that fast, nor agile, Kratos in the GoWIII trailer has shown to ability to run on walls at least.

A few people in another universe can react to lightning speed attacks? so what?

But would he realistically use them?

Running on walls? ......... i fail to see the impressiveness of that. Or relevence for that matter.

To be honest i'm kind of getting bored of this one. I vote agree to disagree.

NemeBro
A few people in another universe can react to lightning speed attacks? so what?

But would he realistically use them?

Running on walls? ......... i fail to see the impressiveness of that. Or relevence for that matter.

To be honest i'm kind of getting bored of this one. I vote agree to disagree. Lol I forgot meh second part of this point, it is pretty much Kratos' only reaction-time feat to show any real limit.

Um, yeah.

Agility? no expression

Kay, that's kewl.

First_Tsurugi06
As far as Kratos' agility is concerned, I'm pretty sure the running on walls thing has to do with an enhancement, given the glowign feet and the wings on his ankles. But don't forget the scene in GoWII that they call Crossing the Lowlands. That whole scene showed a fair bit of agility on Kratos' part (including jumping between walls and leaping distances farther than Nariko's ever done).

Demonic Phoenix
^ Tied to Hermes' Sandals (running on walls).

That very sequence also showed some of his strength, he literally punched through a pillar in his way. Even after he lost his powers, he was nearly as strong as Zeus himself (overpowering him at the end, taking the BoO from him, etc.)

In terms of strength, Nariko has no chance. Onaga seems more of a tank to me, though one quick swipe with the Blade of Olympus is all that is needed. He solos if he has that weapon.

Phanteros
Ares revived Kratos' family in a small pocket deminsion then had him to fight the dopelgangers. Kratos cought the lightning during its firing so that is a reaction feat. how can you catch the aim of something?

iChaos
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
That very sequence also showed some of his strength, he literally punched through a pillar in his way. Even after he lost his powers, he was nearly as strong as Zeus himself (overpowering him at the end, taking the BoO from him, etc.)

I wouldn't go as far as saying Kratos is as strong as Zeus (possibly). And if he is, it's probably because of the strength gained from the Titans. Zeus still took the BoO from Kratos, and throwed him around.

As for the lighting, it was over the entire "battle-field" that Kratos was fighting on. So, either way you look at it, he would have caught it, regardless.

As for Kratos jumping, how come he didn't jump from where it had to go in some places? PIS?

SuperLuigi
overpowered zeus or caught him off guard? the latter to me.

Wei Phoenix
I get Sima Yi and Liang confused...Who is the one with the beard lol?

Liang is the whore from Shu who had Wei Yan killed because he didn't trust him, he also lost to Sima Yi and Zhang He in a battle of strategy.

Sima Yi is the devious mind from Wei who beat Liang's ass and set up the ground work for overtaking Wei.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
overpowered zeus or caught him off guard? the latter to me.

As for the last sequence, sure he caught him off guard. However, it takes serious strength and perhaps speed to actually keep doing what Kratos did. Stabbing Zeus with his blades (not divinely powered anymore) is also an impressive feat.

With the BoO, he also stood up to Athena in their brief struggle. The BoO only contains his godly powers, it doesn't restore them, therefore, his strength level remained the same.

He is a demi-god named after the personification of strength after all.

Originally posted by iChaos
I wouldn't go as far as saying Kratos is as strong as Zeus (possibly). And if he is, it's probably because of the strength gained from the Titans. Zeus still took the BoO from Kratos, and throwed him around.

As for the lighting, it was over the entire "battle-field" that Kratos was fighting on. So, either way you look at it, he would have caught it, regardless.

As for Kratos jumping, how come he didn't jump from where it had to go in some places? PIS?

Never said he was as strong as Zeus.
Kratos was also able to take the BoO from Zeus, so meh.

Kratos only gains the RotT (temporary power-up) and magic from the Titans, he doesn't gain any extra base strength or any sort of increase to his base abilities.

Lightning & jumping...WUT?

iChaos
He pretty much had to struggle to take the blade, but yeah. I think he did gain strength or any base abilities. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be useful getting it from the beginning.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by iChaos
He pretty much had to struggle to take the blade, but yeah. I think he did gain strength or any base abilities. Otherwise, it probably wouldn't be useful getting it from the beginning.

Just taking the blade from Zeus (not matter what condition he was in) shows that Kratos' has a high level of physical strength, perhaps not close to that of Zeus, but high nonetheless.

Even if RotT does give him a permanent physical strength upgrade, it's innately part of him from GoW2 onwards, it's not an accessory like Medusa's Gaze .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.