KMC OFFICIAL SIGNATURE CONTEST - Dicussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Peach
Any discussion for the upcoming signature contest is to go here. Once the entry thread goes up, I expect to see nothing in there but entries!

Okay, so. I'm going to do another contest very shortly. Baka asked to judge with me, and I have another in mind already, so we should be good on judges.

What we do need, though, is a theme. What do you guys think?

Also, who plans on entering?

Edit: The Entry and Rules Thread is now up and the contest has begun!

Impediment
I would, but I am sure that I would get my ass handed to me, sig-wise.

Peach
DO IT firefirefireph

It's worth a try. There's always someone that ends up surprising everyone stick out tongue

Impediment
Are we entering new or old sigs? Our best ones?

Peach
It has to be a new signature made specifically for the contest, and I'll be sticking with the old rule of "you cannot use the sig until the contest ends".

Usually I give a few weeks to a month for people to work on their entries.

Impediment
M'kay.

I'll get to work on a new one right away.

Consider me entered.

the.kenzo
If I can get my computer put back together, I may try to work off some rust.

Peach
Originally posted by Impediment
M'kay.

I'll get to work on a new one right away.

Consider me entered.

Well don't start yet - I haven't chosen a theme for the contest stick out tongue

But yay happy

Originally posted by the.kenzo
If I can get my computer put back together, I may try to work off some rust.

w00t

Also, I'm likely going to go with tiered judging for this, like I have in the past. It always worked out well, and it made people who normally wouldn't try more likely to enter.

Impediment
Cool. PM me when you have a theme ready, beautiful.

Ordo
As a med student, I request a year until the entries are due.

I should be able to find time before then...

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Originally posted by Ordo
As a med student, I request a year until the entries are due.

I should be able to find time before then...
how about..... NO DEAL!

anyway, i'll do it.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
want to see the theme first, then i'll decide/see if i could pull it off. haha.

Peach
I'm thinking it'll simply be Halloween-themed.

Also, General Kaliero has agreed to be the third judge happy

Vinny Valentine
I'd love to enter but I lost most my Photoshop files when I did system reboot on my pc. I'll see what I can do, however if you need a judge under the possibilty there happens to be a free spot -- that's very favorable

Barker
Count me in.

Originally posted by Peach
I'm thinking it'll simply be Halloween-themed.

Also, General Kaliero has agreed to be the third judge happy sooo anything Halloween wise? like it has to be scary?

the.kenzo
Doesn't have to be scary, just a Halloween theme.

Slutty nurses in a sig. droolio That's a Halloween costume, so it should count.

Peach
It doesn't have to be scary.

However, on the flipside, you can't just make it whatever you want and go "but it's a Halloween costume" stick out tongue

the.kenzo
It doesn't have to be scary.

However, on the flipside, you can't just make it whatever you want and go "but it's a Halloween costume" stick out tongue

You CAN if the image is of an actual Halloween costume. stick out tongue What I'm talking about is making a render from the magazines which have slutty nurse costumes, slutty witch costumes, etc.

BakaXero
WHOO!!!!!!! SIG CONTEST!!! w00t
Oh.... shiny Judge seats with golden name tags droolio

I promise to be totally unbiased 131
even to Barker 313

Ordo
Originally posted by BakaXero
I promise to be totally unbiased 131
even to Barker 313

LAME.

BakaXero
LAME.
I'll make sure to deduct BIG points on any entry you make mhm
If any is made at all 313
Which may give others a fair chance of beating you. haermm

Jaeh.is.Awesome
when does it officially start?

Peach
When I put up the entry thread with all of the rules and everything.

Probably in a couple of days.

Digi
Bah, I may enter. Might have to be a Gimp sig though...not sure if I have PS installed currently or not.

And I already have Halloween costume signatures. My own costumes, in fact (see my profile for the base images). You posers are behind the times.

Also, if you hold off on the entry date until toward the end of October, I promise I'll enter a sig of me in a Doctor Who costume.

Peach
Originally posted by Digi

Also, if you hold off on the entry date until toward the end of October, I promise I'll enter a sig of me in a Doctor Who costume.

...eek!

Major Valerian
I'm in.

Gonna' try out my newly-aquired Photoshop. jlaugh

Jaeh.is.Awesome
still thinking about entering - trying to figure out if I have the time... >>.

this'll be my first sig contest if i do xD

TOH
Originally posted by Barker
Count me in.
haermm

Vinny Valentine
I need a new copy of Photoshop bah!

I want in though.

Digi
...eek!

I just have to get my pants hemmed and put together the Sonic Screwdriver I got in the mail a few weeks ago.

cool

Barker
Originally posted by TOH
haermm
sly

Peach
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=517501

Tadaaaaaaa.

EvilAngel
So are there just beginner and advanced levels? I'm more of a er, intermediate i think.

Peach
There's just two because we decided back when we first did that, that there probably wouldn't be enough to justify three tiers.

If you're not sure where you'd fit, you can ask for opinions in here and see what other people think, or just go with whatever you think would work best.

EvilAngel
Okay, let's just base it on what i can come up with then =)

Thanks

Peach
And with the very first entry, a rule has been broken.

I think that's a new record.

As it says - you are NOT allowed to wear the sig until after the contest is over.

orly?

I took it off can i still enter it?

edit: plzzz?? I worked for 2 hours on this sig specifically for this contest. it's like... no harm done, rite? And I took it off within half an hour of wearing it.

Peach
I will be nice and allow you to enter it.

But please, people. Read all of the rules before posting an entry.

And all entries for the contest are supposed to be sigs made specifically for it, so that doesn't garner any sympathy stick out tongue

Thanks much, so sorry.

Digi
Halloween + Nature = Pumpkins. No one else can steal my pumpkin idea now. If you do, you're a dirty idea-stealing idea stealer. So there.

Also, what constitutes beginner? Anderson's got blended text in his, for example. Not saying it's pro, but I guess my idea of what beginner means has to change with the times, since that would have been a high-level signature for the first few years of this forum.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. People can enter whatever the heck they want, and kudos to Anderson for entering first. Which category I enter may end up being decided by how dusty my Gimp skills are, since I've confirmed that PS isn't on my current rig and I don't feel like going through the nonsense to get it right now.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Hm, I kind of want to know too, how you could say you're a "beginner". I mean, I think I'm one because I don't think I can compete with the other sigmakers here (seriously. can't...), but... I'm not really a beginner-beginner in Photoshop. >>.

Peach
Halloween + Nature = Pumpkins. No one else can steal my pumpkin idea now. If you do, you're a dirty idea-stealing idea stealer. So there.

Also, what constitutes beginner? Anderson's got blended text in his, for example. Not saying it's pro, but I guess my idea of what beginner means has to change with the times, since that would have been a high-level signature for the first few years of this forum.

Anyway, I'm not complaining. People can enter whatever the heck they want, and kudos to Anderson for entering first. Which category I enter may end up being decided by how dusty my Gimp skills are, since I've confirmed that PS isn't on my current rig and I don't feel like going through the nonsense to get it right now.

His honestly I'd say could go either way.

Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Hm, I kind of want to know too, how you could say you're a "beginner". I mean, I think I'm one because I don't think I can compete with the other sigmakers here (seriously. can't...), but... I'm not really a beginner-beginner in Photoshop. >>.

It doesn't necessarily mean that you're new to Photoshop or making sigs or anything like that - there's just nothing else I can really think of to call it. It's really up to you and where you think it'd best fit.

I just decided a couple contests back to do tiered judging so that more people would get a chance at winning and so that people who had thoughts of participating wouldn't be scared off.

Ordo
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome

I'll be entering in the beginner category.

Vinny Valentine
I'll be entering as Novice 131

Jaeh.is.Awesome
@vinny and @ordo: srsly? *doomed*

Peach
No. They're not stick out tongue

Jaeh.is.Awesome
No. They're not stick out tongue

figured. *goes phew*

pretty much all i did was crop a cool pic, make a plasma border with a blue overlay and then put text in to use the perspective tool in gimp.

It is beginner, no doubt about that.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
can playing with gif animation still be considered beginner?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
woops - nevermind, I'm not gonna do that afterall. hehehe.

Digi
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
pretty much all i did was crop a cool pic, make a plasma border with a blue overlay and then put text in to use the perspective tool in gimp.

It is beginner, no doubt about that.

I have no problem with it in beginner. I was just trying to cause a stir for the fun of it.

wink

I'm probably obligated to enter advanced as well, so you're safe. Well, that and I may have forgotton how to make signatures. So either way you're safe.

embarrasment

Major Valerian
I don't know what should I enter... I think 'Beginner'. If I go for Gimp, I might enter advanced. Most probably not, though.

Vinny Valentine
You know what's awesome about this? It could totally revive the signature forum lol.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
You know what's awesome about this? It could totally revive the signature forum lol.

that would be great. ^^

I'm into sig making again... and my so-called skills have improved somewhat, so.. yeah. xD

Barker
haermm

haermm

Vinny Valentine
haermm

haermm

My thoughts exactly.

BakaXero
hmm... didn't really happen last time. erm
It feels like this place was place a fad for many. Then it slowly died down. I still blame Barker. haermm

KMC needs another good trilogy to come out and have people flooding back with talks about some it and inadvertently get drawn to the forum life.

Jaeh.is.Awesome

KMC needs another good trilogy to come out and have people flooding back with talks about some it and inadvertently get drawn to the forum life.

with all the crud Hollywood's been generating lately it doesn't sound like its going to happen anytime soon...

Barker
hmm... didn't really happen last time. erm
It feels like this place was place a fad for many. Then it slowly died down. I still blame Barker. haermm

haermm

I thought Half-Blood Prince coming to theaters would do the trick. 13

I guess not. haermm

Digi

Reign yourself in there, home slice. Barker's involved.

uhuh

Barker
Lol at Barker

Do we need to include an avatar when we enter? I noticed both entries so far have one, just asking.

BakaXero
Not that I'm aware of confused
I'm Judging and i have no idea what's going on.
I must be the greatest Judge ever!!
What's the theme again?
I know it must have been mentioned like a hundred times. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Peach
Lol at Barker

Do we need to include an avatar when we enter? I noticed both entries so far have one, just asking.

Nope, avatar is not needed.

Lol at Barker

Do we need to include an avatar when we enter? I noticed both entries so far have one, just asking. i just put avvy in cause i like my sig and avvy to match.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
i just randomly followed suit.

Kayakat
I'm thinking about entering but i don't know in which category hmm

BakaXero
Hmm... If no one post in the advance category soon, We might not need it.

Digi
Hmm... If no one post in the advance category soon, We might not need it.

Yeah. I was planning on entering, but I don't really want to win a category with no competition. Of course, I need to dust off my skills to look better than the "beginner" entries, which isn't a given because they're actually quite good.

Peach
Well, there's also still a fair amount of time left until the deadline, anyway. Chances are likely that there'll be a bunch of entries towards the end of the contest stick out tongue

I am quite impressed by the entries so far, that's for sure, though. People should have a bit more confidence in their skills, since I believe everyone that entered so far was commenting on how their stuff wasn't very good before stick out tongue

Major Valerian
I still think it's not very good, haha. I'm rusty, I need to get back to making sigs again.

Digi
Originally posted by Major Valerian
I still think it's not very good, haha. I'm rusty, I need to get back to making sigs again.

The one you're wearing would be in advanced, imo.

Major Valerian
Yeah, which I did, what, nine months ago? awespin

Barker
So you're like Advanced Advanced by now.

Major Valerian
no u

BakaXero
Can we as judges move people to another category if we see fit?
Cause i feel like moving a few vin

yea i don't think the point of the two categories was so that skilled sig makers could put their stuff in beginner and crush all competition. *cough* scythe, major valerian *cough*

Digi
I don't begrudge anyone their entry level. But it's bound to be too subjective for some peoples' tastes. With apologies to beginners of every sort, I always preferred everyone competing on the same playing field. It gives the newer members something to shoot for, and an opportunity to see how far they can push their skill compared to "advanced" members, the gap between which will be smaller than ever before because of some of the entries so far.

If nobody enters advanced I am changing my entry.

BakaXero
Someone's being a bit dodgy mmm

Major Valerian
Well, if the judges see that someone's sig should not enter the category chosen, I say go ahead and move as you please. After all you're the judges.

Impediment
Mine is entered as beginner.

Impediment
Somehow I feel that I am gonna get my ass kicked. 131

Digi
Mine is entered as beginner.

no expression

I've now decided I'm entering advanced simply because I can't compete with the talent in beginner. Nice entry, btw.

Peach
I might just end up merging the categories if this current trend continues.

stick out tongue

Impediment
I'm not a novice, I admit, but my skills, in my opinion, are far from Peach's or Baka's or any other accomplished sig maker.

Major Valerian
I'm not a novice, I admit, but my skills, in my opinion, are far from Peach's or Baka's or any other accomplished sig maker.

Digi

That's a bit of a warped perception of what you need for "Advanced" though. While there are and have been many great talents on the forums, Peach is as indicative as any of the most talented on KMC, or nearly so. So, for example, if 1-15 is advanced, and 16-30 is beginner, you're in essence saying "I'm not a 2, so I don't belong in 1-15." At least that's what I'm seeing. Because your entry is advanced imo, as a couple others might be. I don't mean it in an angry sense at where you placed yourself, but as an honest compliment.

Baka's more of a 23, though, so you're good there. 313

I might just end up merging the categories if this current trend continues.

stick out tongue

If nothing else, for future competitions this change might be in order. The gap, it seems, is not as pronounced as it once was. Time was, you could ask the question "is it a render slapped on a background with unblended text?" If the answer was yes, you were a beginner. If not, advanced. Not so anymore, it seems.

Scythe

I like your entry, it's nice.

BakaXero

Um... maybe just peach. My skills in sig making don't even come near her, but i can beat her as something else. vin

I'm not a Judge cause I'm good, I'm a judge cause I bribed her so I could be a one. mmm Sadly it wasn't sexual cry

Well done to the entrants so far. These sigs can kick my ass any day. naughty

That's a bit of a warped perception of what you need for "Advanced" though. While there are and have been many great talents on the forums, Peach is as indicative as any of the most talented on KMC, or nearly so. So, for example, if 1-15 is advanced, and 16-30 is beginner, you're in essence saying "I'm not a 2, so I don't belong in 1-15." At least that's what I'm seeing. Because your entry is advanced imo, as a couple others might be. I don't mean it in an angry sense at where you placed yourself, but as an honest compliment.

Baka's more of a 23, though, so you're good there. 313

I'm 24 and I'm still stalking TOH

If nothing else, for future competitions this change might be in order. The gap, it seems, is not as pronounced as it once was. Time was, you could ask the question "is it a render slapped on a background with unblended text?" If the answer was yes, you were a beginner. If not, advanced. Not so anymore, it seems.
Yay!!! I will always be a beginner!! w00t

Impediment
Can I change my entry level to Advanced instead of Beginner?

After mulling it over in my head, I feel confident enough in my skills to enter as Advanced. I'm just so afraid if criticism. stick out tongue

Peach
Geez, guys, I really wouldn't say my stuff is the bar for awesomeness anymore embarrasment

And sure thing, Imp.

Major Valerian
LOL, this is a disaster.

Peach
No it isn't.

Major Valerian
Just a little bit..?

Peach
Not at all...

Why would it be? blink

Major Valerian
Because nobody knows in which category to post their sigs. aweawe

Digi
Geez, guys, I really wouldn't say my stuff is the bar for awesomeness anymore embarrasment

Lol. I didn't say you were the bar. I said that you were as good an indicator as anyone else, since there's more than a few members to choose from at the proverbial "top."

Imp's is definitely advanced though. Again, I mean it as a compliment.

Well done to the entrants so far. These sigs can kick my ass any day. naughty

False modesty will get you nowhere sir.

uhuh

And yes, I fully intend on nuking my chances by insulting the judges. Imp's chances for a full-on win have never been better.

wink

BakaXero
Lol. I didn't say you were the bar. I said that you were as good an indicator as anyone else, since there's more than a few members to choose from at the proverbial "top."

Imp's is definitely advanced though. Again, I mean it as a compliment.

False modesty will get you nowhere sir.

uhuh

And yes, I fully intend on nuking my chances by insulting the judges. Imp's chances for a full-on win have never been better.

wink

So does this mean no sexual favours? sadwalk

Digi
So does this mean no sexual favours? sadwalk

I didn't say that. I'll just be berating you as we go at it.

haermm

Digi
Good job to all entrants so far. With still a lot of time, we have a good number of entries.

Major Valerian
Thanks. Not satisfied with mine, though. Gotta get into shape again. raver

Vinny Valentine
Can I get a two month extension? I'm lazy.

Peach
No.

Vinny Valentine
No.

What if I make a sad face? I'll do it!

BakaXero
Can I get a two month extension? I'm lazy.
You could... it just means you'll be excluded from any actual chance of winning. *Stares at a certain member of the forum*

Impediment
We need more entries!!! yes

Impediment
Imp's chances for a full-on win have never been better.

wink

Oh, you. eyes

Flattery will get you no sexual favors from me.

My wife? Maybe. no expression

Peach
What if it's me doing the flattering? stick out tongue

Impediment
What if it's me doing the flattering? stick out tongue

I will be your utter sex slave. no expression

My wife agrees.

Alana = Teh Hotness. yes

(My flattery: You have no idea how incredibly hot you are.)

Scythe
We need more entries!!! yes

What happend to your sig contest. The old-school sig one?

BakaXero
Oh, you. eyes

Flattery will get you no sexual favors from me.

My wife? Maybe. no expression

I think i have a new aim in life, and it ain't you wife. wink

General Kaliero
I will be your utter sex slave. no expression

My wife agrees.

Alana = Teh Hotness. yes

(My flattery: You have no idea how incredibly hot you are.)
Oi, back off, she's mine. happy

Barker
>my face when this turned into the KMC OFFCIAL SEX CONTEST.

BakaXero
>my face when this turned into the KMC OFFCIAL SEX CONTEST.
This isn't my fault a swear angel

but if you want to join in naughty

Digi
So it might be against the rules to show this, but Rammstein has a new video for a song called "Pussy" ....it's a must-watch for this situation.

Impediment
Originally posted by Scythe
What happend to your sig contest. The old-school sig one?

ermmsrug

J/K

I actually forgot about it for a while.

I am going to do like Peach does and gather up two more judges so we can come to a decision. I'll, most likely, revive the thread this weekend since Raeann is going out of town to her parents' house and I will be at home alone all weekend since my car is in the ship until Moday.

Scythe
ermmsrug

J/K

I actually forgot about it for a while.

I am going to do like Peach does and gather up two more judges so we can come to a decision. I'll, most likely, revive the thread this weekend since Raeann is going out of town to her parents' house and I will be at home alone all weekend since my car is in the ship until Moday.

Home alone, eh? You know what that means. Me. You. Some neat objects. Boioioioioioioioioioioioioing!

But seriously, cool. Hope to see the thread come up and a winrar announced.

Vinny Valentine
How long is left?

Peach
Well, as the deadline is listed...you probably can figure it out yourself.

The Nuul
I am down for this...

BakaXero
How long is left?
About two inches.smile

OH!! You were talking about the deadline for the sig contest. Sorry my bed bad. vin
I have no idea!! w00t

Scythe
Achoo!

Deadline

The contest will run for four weeks, ending at 6pm CST Monday October 26th.

The Nuul
Ohhhh Digi is in this........bring it buddy boy!!!

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Ohhhh Digi is in this........bring it buddy boy!!!

I AM?

The Nuul
I AM?

Sorry, I got the impression that you are?

Digi
Originally posted by The Nuul
Sorry, I got the impression that you are?

I might be. I need to find inspiration. And stop being lazy. Both may not happen. We'll see.

BakaXero
I might be. I need to find inspiration. And stop being lazy. Both may not happen. We'll see.
Go google female cosplay. shifty

That should help solve both of those problems. Although you still mightn't enter in a sig entry though erm

The Nuul
I will submit mine this weekend sometime.

Ordo
Unfortunately I dont think I'm going to be making the competition. If I had another day or two it would be possible, but these weeks have been hell and I have an exam Monday. I can't justify working on a sig.

I might try to get it done on Monday after the exam, but in all likelihood, its not going to be finished to my standards in time.

BakaXero
Unfortunately I dont think I'm going to be making the competition. If I had another day or two it would be possible, but these weeks have been hell and I have an exam Monday. I can't justify working on a sig.

I might try to get it done on Monday after the exam, but in all likelihood, its not going to be finished to my standards in time.

boo... you whore.

Digi
shiiiii...

this is due monday, huh?

*gets to work*

Ordo
boo... you whore.

I'm sorry, I'm not in college anymore...and not working anymore either. sad

Barker

Something half your standards would probably still run away with 1st place.

Ordo
We'll see. I dont want to risk my rep by going half-azzed lol.

Barker
Ordo's schedule:

1. Enter
2. Win
3. Leave

BakaXero
We'll see. I dont want to risk my rep by going half-azzed lol.
You sir have too much pride.

Ordo's schedule:

1. Enter
2. Win
3. Leave

Barker's schedule:

1. Pretend to be willing to make an entry
2. Enters sig last minute only to realise that the deadline has past ages ago
3. Leave

Ordo
lol

Barker
desu

Ordo
tiov

Vinny Valentine
Well, I'll be putting one up today.

Peach
Good stick out tongue

I'll probably give it a few hours after I get back from class today (which is normally around 5:30-ish).

BakaXero
I forfiet

Barker
Oh cool, 5 and a half more hours.

Digi
Yeah, oot for the weekend, and I really don't know if a few hours is enough for me to do something I'll be happy enough with to enter. Having a job is, like, hard and stuff.

Anyway, I'm off to mess around in Gimp. Good entries all.

The Nuul
Isnt this over now?

Deadline

The contest will run for four weeks, ending at 6pm CST Monday October 26th.

Digi
weak. i didn't read 6PM. I just thought it was some time today.

sad

Ah well, congrats to all entrants. And I get myself a Halloween sig out of the deal, so good times.

Major Valerian
Good stick out tongue

I'll probably give it a few hours after I get back from class today (which is normally around 5:30-ish).

Demonic Phoenix
weak. i didn't read 6PM. I just thought it was some time today.

sad

Ah well, congrats to all entrants. And I get myself a Halloween sig out of the deal, so good times.

Deadline getting extended?

~ Should the deadline get extended, I'll probably retract my entry if I can make a better one.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>