Sol Badguy vs. Sephiroth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NemeBro
The leading protagonist and namesake of the Guilty Gear franchise vs. Sephiroth, antagonist of FFVII.

There will be two different fights, cause I say so.

1. FFVII: Crisis Core Sephiroth vs. Sol Badguy

2. AC Sephiroth vs. Sol Badguy

SuperLuigi
1. sephiroth unless i see some fanstatic video so turn my vote
2. sephiroth no matter how much video i see

ScreamPaste
haermm

NemeBro
Originally posted by SuperLuigi
1. sephiroth unless i see some fanstatic video so turn my vote
2. sephiroth no matter how much video i see 1. Too lazy to search for a vid my man. But Sol is a lightning-timer and is stronger than Bridget, who can throw niggas to the moon.

2. Read above.

Overdose
Sol-Badguy is terribly featless, I think the guy can beat Ryu but there isn't even a way to prove it. That's how lackin' this guy is.

Until the makers flesh out the story we may never know how powerful Sol is, so I wont say who I think wins cuz I don't know.

ScreamPaste
..Birdget can toss people to the moon? O:

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
..Birdget can toss people to the moon? O:

His shoot the moon instant kill. And Sol also defeat Justice which is a big threat to the entire world and much stronger than any lower gear who caused destruction everywhere.

Overdose
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
..Birdget can toss people to the moon? O: I don't think that move is meant to be taken seriously. There is a guy called Cracker Jack in SFEX who can smack cats to the moon wit wooden baseball bats and he's a minion to someone who can not.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Overdose
I don't think that move is meant to be taken seriously. There is a guy called Cracker Jack in SFEX who can smack cats to the moon wit wooden baseball bats and he's a minion to someone who can not. EX is noncanon and garbage.

Sol reacts to Ky's lightning attacks, and characters like Eddie, who are citybusters, are nothing to him.

Cyner
Bridget doesn't hit anyone to the moon, he hits them with the magical yo-yo, which then takes the person to the moon

YCu86ag2Glw

NemeBro
Throws them there actually.

Overdose
Originally posted by NemeBro
EX is noncanon and garbage.

Sol reacts to Ky's lightning attacks, and characters like Eddie, who are citybusters, are nothing to him. The EX series is canon to it's self and is the epitome of FG trash. It has it's own story in which Bison cannot knock cats to the moon but he has a henchmen who can in a special move.

Ky has attacks that have names wit Lightnin' in'em but it's not real Lightnin', it's electricity from his sword. Shermie in KOF is an example of a character that can REALLY use lightning attacks. And I don't remember any city busting in GG and most of the GG characters are around the same level. I don't know of any evidence that shows Sol bein' able to beat Eddie. Eddie is no chump and is pretty important.

EvilAngel
The leading protagonist and namesake of the Guilty Gear franchise vs. Sephiroth, antagonist of FFVII.

There will be two different fights, cause I say so.

1. FFVII: Crisis Core Sephiroth vs. Sol Badguy

2. AC Sephiroth vs. Sol Badguy

Nothing i can find on youtube after 20 seconds of searching shown me anything other than a mediocre beat'em'up character. Little help?

Overdose
CSaDHDyUUcg

Cracker Jack's moon move. This guy can't even beat EX Bison. I don't think these silly moves are actually supposed to be taken as actual canon attacks.

Overdose
Originally posted by EvilAngel
Nothing i can find on youtube after 20 seconds of searching shown me anything other than a mediocre beat'em'up character. Little help? fDk6C_QsorM

Here is the intro to the second game. Sol is the guy in red wit the brown hair.

Phanteros
does Sol have some strength feats or durability?

NemeBro
The EX series is canon to it's self and is the epitome of FG trash. It has it's own story in which Bison cannot knock cats to the moon but he has a henchmen who can in a special move.

Ky has attacks that have names wit Lightnin' in'em but it's not real Lightnin', it's electricity from his sword. Shermie in KOF is an example of a character that can REALLY use lightning attacks. And I don't remember any city busting in GG and most of the GG characters are around the same level. I don't know of any evidence that shows Sol bein' able to beat Eddie. Eddie is no chump and is pretty important. Don't care, it's not canon.

He is able to fire blasts of lightning, it is called lightning, sorry, I am gonna take the game's word over your's. Most GG characters are the same level? Funny, Sol is top-tier in the game...Holding back. The only character who is definately stronger is Slayer. To emphasize on GG's power, Potemkin, a mid-tier, applies 40 tons of pressure to a pencil while lightly sketching...With power limiters to restrict his physical strength. I cannot remember when a city was destroyed, will be back with this, although Potemkin at the very least has survived large underground bases exploding on him in Accent Core +.

Kirikaze Fuuma
You blame me after I said KOF zillion is canon because SNK and Andy Seto works together while you said SF EX is canon. Why? Since it was made by capcom and Arika? SF EX is a different world with different storyline without any connection with original SF.

Overdose
Don't care, it's not canon.You miss the point entirely but I see how badly you want this so I wont waste the time to further explain.

He is able to fire blasts of lightning, it is called lightning, sorry, I am gonna take the game's word over your's. It's not Lightning. I can name you 10 characters wit Lightening in the name, that doesn't make it real or as fast. I don't think even you believe yourself right now. From now on I'm gonna start takin' the names of specials literally as well. Seph can us Supernova and kill Sol and erbody else in GG, now. And I geuss Ryu and Benimaru really get thunder from the God, Raijin, when they do a Denjin Hadouken or a Raijinken? Or that Ryu's Shinku Tatsumaki is a real hurricane. It does produce lots of wind.

Most GG characters are the same level? Funny, Sol is top-tier in the game...Holding back. Prove this. Who has Sol stomped in GG? He edged out Justice AND Testament and LOST to Slayer, Ino AND "That Man". AND he has yet to beat Ky. There isn't even enough evidence to make tiers for this game. Your tryin' to make alot outta very little. I also said "Around the same level", did not say they were all equal just that there is no proof that anyone is vastly stronger then some one else. We lack evidence to make such a claim.

only character who is definately stronger is Slayer. To emphasize on GG's power, Potemkin, a mid-tier, applies 40 tons of pressure to a pencil while lightly sketching...With power limiters to restrict his physical strength. I cannot remember when a city was destroyed, will be back with this, although Potemkin at the very least has survived large underground bases exploding on him in Accent Core +. Potemkin IS NOT MID TIER, there aint any tiers as of yet. GG has only had about 3 canon games for God sakes. Who has beaten Potemkin in canon from the GG cast? For all we know, the guy could be as powerful or more powerful than Sol, he has feats that are much better than Sol's. I'm not sayin' GG is weak, I think they're right under DS as far as FG tiers go, but we can't just go spewin' bullsh1t wit out facts.

Your arguin' for Sol in a bout against Seph based on the things other GG characters have done and labelin'em as weak compared to Sol for some reason I really don't know.

Overdose
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
You blame me after I said KOF zillion is canon because SNK and Andy Seto works together while you said SF EX is canon. Why? Since it was made by capcom and Arika? SF EX is a different world with different storyline without any connection with original SF. Your missin' the point and goin' on some wierd anti Cap and Pro SNK hike that's not even called for. This argumant as nothin' to do wit the regular SF at all. I'm not makin the argument for the regular Bison VS EX Bison and Cracker Jack, I'm makin' it for the EX Bison or any version of Bison that has C.Jack as a henchman who is still to weak to-

You know what, forget it. I said I wasn't gonna engage wit you anymore anyway. You never attempt to understand what I'm sayin so there is no point.

"I suggest you not taste the kool-aid while not knowin' the flavor."

NemeBro
You miss the point entirely but I see how badly you want this so I wont waste the time to further explain.

It's not Lightning. I can name you 10 characters wit Lightening in the name, that doesn't make it real or as fast. I don't think even you believe yourself right now. From now on I'm gonna start takin' the names of specials literally as well. Seph can us Supernova and kill Sol and erbody else in GG, now. And I geuss Ryu and Benimaru really get thunder from the God, Raijin, when they do a Denjin Hadouken or a Raijinken? Or that Ryu's Shinku Tatsumaki is a real hurricane. It does produce lots of wind.

Prove this. Who has Sol stomped in GG? He edged out Justice AND Testament and LOST to Slayer, Ino AND "That Man". AND he has yet to beat Ky. There isn't even enough evidence to make tiers for this game. Your tryin' to make alot outta very little. I also said "Around the same level", did not say they were all equal just that there is no proof that anyone is vastly stronger then some one else. We lack evidence to make such a claim.

Potemkin IS NOT MID TIER, there aint any tiers as of yet. GG has only had about 3 canon games for God sakes. Who has beaten Potemkin in canon from the GG cast? For all we know, the guy could be as powerful or more powerful than Sol, he has feats that are much better than Sol's. I'm not sayin' GG is weak, I think they're right under DS as far as FG tiers go, but we can't just go spewin' bullsh1t wit out facts.

Your arguin' for Sol in a bout against Seph based on the things other GG characters have done and labelin'em as weak compared to Sol for some reason I really don't know. 1. I really don't see why Bison, who is stronger in that shitty game, could not just toss him to the moon either. It's called powerscaling. Learn it.

2. "I don't like it, it didn't happen."

Dude, it is even stated that friggin "Ride the Lightning" moves at the SPEED of lightning. Supernova is a theatrical gameplay element that is only a big explosion in the original game, Ryu's Hurricane Kick is clearly not a real hurricane, Fvcking Ky Kiske's magic is described as LIGHTNING magic, and it is clearly electricity, your argument is so fallacious it's hilarious.

3. He beat Justice. Who defeated Ky Kiske and Kliff Undersn. Beat Testament as you said. Lost to Slayer? Lol what is so bad about that? Slayer has yet to have a real loss in the games, if he loses it is always because he lets them, Slayer is so far above the main cast it is ludicrous, it is implied that main cast cannot even truly harm him, he is in the top three of the entire verse, the PWAB even comments that his battle abilities and combat style have no known method of suppression. I-No didn't beat him lol, quite the opposite, Slayer defeated I-No, who herself is top-tier, for defeating Dizzy, the strongest member of the Jellyfish pirates and a control-type Gear, not to even mention her time controlling abilities. That Man is in the same boat as Slayer is, Sol considered him enough of a threat to use his full power on in Overture. Hasn't beaten Ky? Sol has never gone all-out on Ky either, and Sol defeated Justice, who is superior than Ky and able to reach the upper atmosphere in seconds. Um, maybe you do, but we know for a fact Millia frickin' Rage killed Zato-1, who is a stronger Eddie, since Eddie is dying. We know Slayer is the strongest of the main cast, rivaled in plot only by That Man and prolly Raven, and we know Sol killed Justice, which no one else who tried was able to accomplish, including Ky.

4. Maybe not in your view, but I don't care what you really think sir. Potemkin has shown to be upper mid-tier I would say, not top considering he has no good feats against them. He does? Like dodging lightning? Holding his own against Raven or That Man? Defeating Justice decisively? Those are all FACTS. Raven and That Man have actually shown reality warping abilities.

5. Because he fights with the strongest of GGverse for a reason, certainly not because he is "average" in GGverse.

Overdose
1. I really don't see why Bison, who is stronger in that shitty game, could not just toss him to the moon either. It's called powerscaling. Learn it.

2. "I don't like it, it didn't happen."

Dude, it is even stated that friggin "Ride the Lightning" moves at the SPEED of lightning. Supernova is a theatrical gameplay element that is only a big explosion in the original game, Ryu's Hurricane Kick is clearly not a real hurricane, Fvcking Ky Kiske's magic is described as LIGHTNING magic, and it is clearly electricity, your argument is so fallacious it's hilarious.

3. He beat Justice. Who defeated Ky Kiske and Kliff Undersn. Beat Testament as you said. Lost to Slayer? Lol what is so bad about that? Slayer has yet to have a real loss in the games, if he loses it is always because he lets them, Slayer is so far above the main cast it is ludicrous, it is implied that main cast cannot even truly harm him, he is in the top three of the entire verse, the PWAB even comments that his battle abilities and combat style have no known method of suppression. I-No didn't beat him lol, quite the opposite, Slayer defeated I-No, who herself is top-tier, for defeating Dizzy, the strongest member of the Jellyfish pirates and a control-type Gear, not to even mention her time controlling abilities. That Man is in the same boat as Slayer is, Sol considered him enough of a threat to use his full power on in Overture. Hasn't beaten Ky? Sol has never gone all-out on Ky either, and Sol defeated Justice, who is superior than Ky and able to reach the upper atmosphere in seconds. Um, maybe you do, but we know for a fact Millia frickin' Rage killed Zato-1, who is a stronger Eddie, since Eddie is dying. We know Slayer is the strongest of the main cast, rivaled in plot only by That Man and prolly Raven, and we know Sol killed Justice, which no one else who tried was able to accomplish, including Ky.

4. Maybe not in your view, but I don't care what you really think sir. Potemkin has shown to be upper mid-tier I would say, not top considering he has no good feats against them. He does? Like dodging lightning? Holding his own against Raven or That Man? Defeating Justice decisively? Those are all FACTS. Raven and That Man have actually shown reality warping abilities.

5. Because he fights with the strongest of GGverse for a reason, certainly not because he is "average" in GGverse.

1. In that shitty game M.Bison can't throw peeps to the moon. C.Jack's attack is a silly noncanon/impossible move that can't actually be done, it's just an in-game cinematic to represent an "awesome" move. I don't see what's so hard to grasp.

2.?

Ride the Lightning is a phuckin' Metallica song. It's the only reason why it's even got that name. I have never seen Ky wild actual Lightening. The fact that the guy's magic is called Lightening doesn't mean this dude can replicate actual real life lightening speeds. It's just a name given to it to match his special which was clearly inspired by Ride The Lightening. If the magic from the thunder seal is really as extreme as you say, Sol wouldn't be able to cancel it wit mere fire blasts unless you are gonna tell me that fire from the fire seal can move as fast as lightening? laughing out loud The hole just gets deeper and deeper.

3.Nothin' is bad 'bout Sol losin' to ANYBODY, which is my point. These characters barely have feats and stories to back themselves up at all. Strange how justice beats Ky but Sol can't seem to beat Ky yet he kills Justice. You are tryin WAY TOO HARD to put leagues and fields in between these characters wit no evidence. It's straight up weak on all fronts, man. It's clear that some are more powerful than others but you are just weakening the sh1t outta the others to make Sol seem stronger than erbody else. And last I checked we don't even use A>B>C logic to win fights.

Plane and simple...
-Slayer is better than Sol but he has no feats that make me think he can beat Seph
-In GGXX Midnight Carnival, Ino damn near kills Sol and that man steps in and saves his ass. Play it again. Ino lacks the feats to beat Sephiroth as well.
-Dizzy controllin' time, when was this? In Overture, than non canon piece of sh1t. I don't remember this in canon. Dizzy lacks the feats to beat Seph, too.
- Zato 1 is never at full power and is constantly weak as phuck so him bein' beaten at any point is a bull shit accomplishment for anyone who can do it. Neither of them have any real feats either so this whole "who beat who bull sh1t is just that in an cross franchise battle.

All and all, this all good sh1t when your in a GG VS GG character thread but when your fightin' dudes from other games, you gotta bring some shit to the table that proves your stats.

4.If you don't care what I think then why the hell are we even talkin' 'bout this now? Who beat who is all you can come up wit and I'm just sayin it's BS to the fullest.

You think what you think and I'll do the same. You can't understand that then you can't understand English.I'm thru talkin'...

NemeBro
1. In that shitty game M.Bison can't throw peeps to the moon. C.Jack's attack is a silly noncanon/impossible move that can't actually be done, it's just an in-game cinematic to represent an "awesome" move. I don't see what's so hard to grasp.

2.?

Ride the Lightning is a phuckin' Metallica song. It's the only reason why it's even got that name. I have never seen Ky wild actual Lightening. The fact that the guy's magic is called Lightening doesn't mean this dude can replicate actual real life lightening speeds. It's just a name given to it to match his special which was clearly inspired by Ride The Lightening. If the magic from the thunder seal is really as extreme as you say, Sol wouldn't be able to cancel it wit mere fire blasts unless you are gonna tell me that fire from the fire seal can move as fast as lightening? laughing out loud The hole just gets deeper and deeper.

3.Nothin' is bad 'bout Sol losin' to ANYBODY, which is my point. These characters barely have feats and stories to back themselves up at all. Strange how justice beats Ky but Sol can't seem to beat Ky yet he kills Justice. You are tryin WAY TOO HARD to put leagues and fields in between these characters wit no evidence. It's straight up weak on all fronts, man. It's clear that some are more powerful than others but you are just weakening the sh1t outta the others to make Sol seem stronger than erbody else. And last I checked we don't even use A>B>C logic to win fights.

Plane and simple...
-Slayer is better than Sol but he has no feats that make me think he can beat Seph
-In GGXX Midnight Carnival, Ino damn near kills Sol and that man steps in and saves his ass. Play it again. Ino lacks the feats to beat Sephiroth as well.
-Dizzy controllin' time, when was this? In Overture, than non canon piece of sh1t. I don't remember this in canon. Dizzy lacks the feats to beat Seph, too.
- Zato 1 is never at full power and is constantly weak as phuck so him bein' beaten at any point is a bull shit accomplishment for anyone who can do it. Neither of them have any real feats either so this whole "who beat who bull sh1t is just that in an cross franchise battle.

All and all, this all good sh1t when your in a GG VS GG character thread but when your fightin' dudes from other games, you gotta bring some shit to the table that proves your stats.

4.If you don't care what I think then why the hell are we even talkin' 'bout this now? Who beat who is all you can come up wit and I'm just sayin it's BS to the fullest.

You think what you think and I'll do the same. You can't understand that then you can't understand English.I'm thru talkin'... 1. And why not? Because you say so?

2. So what if it is a ****ing Metallica song? I guess going by that Sol Badguy is really just the homosexual lead singer of Queen. no expression As if that discredited my argument at all? erm Damn near every friggin thing in Guilty Gear is a reference to rock or heavy metal. His Thunderseal lets him wield the element of LIGHTNING, why should we assume it is not the same speed? If you notice, most of Sol's fire attacks have large AOE effects, and alot are centered around Sol himself, who is that fast. Also, please refrain from strawmanning my arguments.

3. Sol has like two losses, to the strongest characters in the game. Sol was never trying to kill Ky Kiske, hell, in their fights, Ky is usually entering them all pissed off, with Sol being casual, he is not going all out. Sol regularly fights with the big dogs of GG, which puts him in a tier.

- Slayer has feats of never being so much as harmed by another character's attacks...He can travel through dimensions pretty easily, he is faster than the other GG characters or as fast since he can react to the fastest of their attacks, he is physically above them (Shit, if you wanna talk about in-game theatrics, his instant kill knocks them straight out of the galaxy...), and he has a manly beard, monocle, and pipe.

- Um, no. Sol beats her, which lead to a confrontation with That Man. I-No would kill Sephiroth while he was a baby in Lucrecia's womb. Yeah.

- I was talking about I-No. Overture is canon nub.

- Considering he was able to destroy a city...

Like Sol being able to react and dodge or block lightning? smile

4. Sol reacting to lightning is not who beat who, and powerscaling does play a part in vs. debates believe it or not.

Dude, you can barely form a coherent sentence, and your spelling is absolutely atrocious, your posts are a blight on the English language, do not insult my English. erm

Overdose
Well excuse me for not bein' a phuckin' spellin'/grammar Nazi and typin' in a hurry.

Nothin' we do here is gonna lead to anything at all and your STILL goin' by what otha mutha phuckaz did and who Sol beat to make up for his lack of feats. I really don't have to argue you down at all cuz the whole argument is phucked like a b1tch nigga at OZ. I don't really feel like it any more. I'm just not gonna enter a debate wit out sure knowledge of the character's power anymore.

I suppose Ryu and Iori can solo their casts cuz these dudes are constantly fightin' the bosses who can and winnin'. 'Shit is wack and you know it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.