Star Trek Books/Novels

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Pr-
Could have sworn we had one of these, but anyways...

This thread is for anyone who has read the books to give their impressions and recommendations. My first one if going to be:

Star Trek: Destiny

A trilogy of books released recently, i got these just before heading to Canada, as they'd give me something to do while i was here. Written by David Mack (famous for his Kabuki series and his work on Daredevil), the story is told from various perspectives: The Enterprise E under command of Captain Picard (obviously), Captain Riker's USS Titan, The USS Aventine commanded by Ezri Daz (yes, her), the Columbia (seen in Enterprise) commanded by Erika Hernandez, and several other minor strands featuring people like Seven of Nine.

The story basically deals with the fact that the Borg are back, and instead of assimilating the Federation, they're simply trying to wipe it out. This is at the same time that both Picard and Riker are dealing with somewhat impending parenthood, but from different angles. I don't want to go too much in to the story because of spoilers and such, but there's a lot to absorb, and it is well put together by Mack, making even the smallest tangents seem somehow necessary to the story.

Several things of note, though. We're given a brand new origin for the Borg that actually isn't half bad, and is quite believable. Another positive was that several loose ends are tied up, and the end is very fulfilling while making you hungry for more.

Highly recommended...

Shey Tapani
Are the Trek books canon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.