What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison
What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem with a nuclear warhead?

The fundamentalist Christian believe that before Jesus can return the Jews must be sacrificing in the temple in Jerusalem. If Jerusalem and Israel are both destroyed, what will the fundamental Christians do? Will they reinvent their prophecies, or will the go one a new crusade to reestablish the Jewish state and Jerusalem?

King Kandy
You can build a new temple over the nuked-out remains of the old one.

lil bitchiness
What the hell? Ridiculous.

It is Jews and Muslims that hold Jerusalem far more holy than the most fundamental Christians.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
What the hell? Ridiculous.

It is Jews and Muslims that hold Jerusalem far more holy than the most fundamental Christians.

It is purely hypothetical.

Mindship
Blame the Jews.

siriuswriter
i don't think most fundamental christians would care in regards to their religion. it's mostly about discovering god in yourself, learning to put all your faith in that. like, if you get sick, it's because you did something to displease god. jerusalem in today's culture is a place for jews and muslims. maybe they'd see it as a chance to proselytize - like, OMG the temple has fallen REPENT AND BE SAVED, but, admittedly, a person would have to be bordering on fanaticism to say something like that out loud.

like... pat robertson.

ushomefree
I would reject the Bible (as the Word of God).

ushomefree
The Bible declares, "Test everything. Hold on to the good" (1 Thessalonians 5:21). The foundation of the Christian faith has nothing to do with self-imposed philosophy and self-gratifying emotion -- "feelings" of security. On the contrary, non-Christians commit such acts.

What a shame! You should have said to your so-called Christian friend, "Why do you speak such words, when I am in a time of need?" Remember: biblical Christians strive to immolate Christ; they are re-born. And so... your friend should have provided comfort, instead of legalism (which Jesus detests). Your friend is no better than you, in the eye's of God.

Christians too!

Or to even think it! I agree!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by ushomefree
biblical Christians strive to immolate Christ

No wonder secularism is moving forward . . .

Shakyamunison

That is a remarkable thing for you to say.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
That is a remarkable thing for you to say.

You're going to incite a war, aren't you?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
You're going to incite a war, aren't you?

No. This has nothing to do with war. This has to do with belief. I wanted to see if there was a braking point. Blind faith has the ability to reshape its self. I was raised believing that the world would, with no doubt, come to an end by no later then the year 2000. Fortunately for myself, I had left that belief behind long before that date come and went, but there are so many who simply reshape their blind faith.

Symmetric Chaos
No. This has nothing to do with war. This has to do with belief. I wanted to see if there was a braking point. Blind faith has the ability to reshape its self. I was raised believing that the world would, with no doubt, come to an end by no later then the year 2000. Fortunately for myself, I had left that belief behind long before that date come and went, but there are so many who simply reshape their blind faith.

Isn't that kind of a catch 22?

Shakyamunison
Isn't that kind of a catch 22?

Please explain.

King Kandy
Wow I almost want to see it happen now.

Symmetric Chaos
Please explain.

Well if a person doesn't change their beliefs then they have blind faith. If a person does change their beliefs then they have blind faith.

I suppose you mean that they change them to preserve a more important one but the two behaviors seem more different that you implied.

Shakyamunison
Well if a person doesn't change their beliefs then they have blind faith. If a person does change their beliefs then they have blind faith.

I suppose you mean that they change them to preserve a more important one but the two behaviors seem more different that you implied.

It is a bit of a catch 22, because they seem to not notice that they have changed.

ushomefree
Your mental.

WhoopeeDee
What would the fundamental Christians do if Iran destroys Jerusalem with a nuclear warhead?

The fundamentalist Christian believe that before Jesus can return the Jews must be sacrificing in the temple in Jerusalem. If Jerusalem and Israel are both destroyed, what will the fundamental Christians do? Will they reinvent their prophecies, or will the go one a new crusade to reestablish the Jewish state and Jerusalem?

Isn't Jerusalem a sacred site for Muslims too? Why would the clerics of Iran would do that? I can see them destory Jewish settlements...but the Temple?

King Kandy
Your mental.
It's you're.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
Isn't Jerusalem a sacred site for Muslims too? Why would the clerics of Iran would do that? I can see them destory Jewish settlements...but the Temple?

I don't know. That wasn't the point. It was the one thing that if happened would make the prophecy in the bible become null.

King Kandy
I don't know. That wasn't the point. It was the one thing that if happened would make the prophecy in the bible become null.
It can be rebuilt.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by King Kandy
It can be rebuilt.

That was one of the options, but how would you feel about the prophecies in the bible then?

King Kandy
I don't buy the prophecies anyway. But, the temple in Jerusalem is already destroyed, all that remains is the western wall. This is why none sacrifice there. For the temple to be rebuilt in mosaic law, the people must be purified from death. This is done with the red heifer ritual, which cannot be executed as there are no red heifers that fit the criteria.

So, nuking makes no difference - the temple doesn't meet the proper criteria currently anyway.

Shakyamunison
I don't buy the prophecies anyway. But, the temple in Jerusalem is already destroyed, all that remains is the western wall. This is why none sacrifice there. For the temple to be rebuilt in mosaic law, the people must be purified from death. This is done with the red heifer ritual, which cannot be executed as there are no red heifers that fit the criteria.

So, nuking makes no difference - the temple doesn't meet the proper criteria currently anyway.

OK. I did make this thread to get the opinions of fundamentalist Christians, but everyone is welcome.

King Kandy
I know as much about temple law as most fundies, probably.

Grand-Moff-Gav
The Temple has been destroyed before...

King Kandy
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
The Temple has been destroyed before...
Right. Twice, in fact.

Wonderer
It says in the New Testament of the Bible that not even the Son(Jesus) knows when he will return and that only the Father knows...so there are no worldly or manifest conditions...
The return of the Christ will not happen again in person, but in the form of Christ-Consciousness, within, not without. The hearts, minds and consciousness of humankind will attain enlightenment...and that is already in transformation as we approach the 6th night of the Galactic Cycle on the Mayan Tzolkin calendar starting on 8 November 2009 and ending this cycle of time on 28 October 2011 and going through 2012 to bring in a new dawn of spiritual life into our galaxy...

King Kandy
The fact that nobody knows when he will return, automatically means the Mayan figures are wrong.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Wonderer
It says in the New Testament of the Bible that not even the Son(Jesus) knows when he will return and that only the Father knows...so there are no worldly or manifest conditions...
The return of the Christ will not happen again in person, but in the form of Christ-Consciousness, within, not without. The hearts, minds and consciousness of humankind will attain enlightenment...and that is already in transformation as we approach the 6th night of the Galactic Cycle on the Mayan Tzolkin calendar starting on 8 November 2009 and ending this cycle of time on 28 October 2011 and going through 2012 to bring in a new dawn of spiritual life into our galaxy...

You can't say no one knows and then spell out the date.

Wonderer
You can't say no one knows and then spell out the date.
hehe! Got me there, Shaky...

I never said I don't know the dates.....no what I meant to say was that even though there's no definite date probably, the transformation towards that time is already underway and that things will speed up especially around those dates...but let's see, because nobody knows for sure.

Wonderer
The fact that nobody knows when he will return, automatically means the Mayan figures are wrong.
Well, the Mayans did not have Jesus in mind with their calendar....they were talking about the 9 levels of creation and when the cycle ends.

Shakyamunison
hehe! Got me there, Shaky...

I never said I don't know the dates.....no what I meant to say was that even though there's no definite date probably, the transformation towards that time is already underway and that things will speed up especially around those dates...but let's see, because nobody knows for sure.

I hope you are right. It would be nice to be reincarnated into a better world.

Wonderer
I hope you are right. It would be nice to be reincarnated into a better world.
Yeah I hope so too. But there's also some growing pains we should be expecting if life is gonna change dramatically, right? Fortunately it's for the best.
May the fruits of our collective Karma ripen soon!

Shakyamunison
Yeah I hope so too. But there's also some growing pains we should be expecting if life is gonna change dramatically, right? Fortunately it's for the best.
May the fruits of our collective Karma ripen soon!

I don't think we have much of a choice. If the Karma is manifest then it has already happened. The rest of the universe just takes time to catch up

Wonderer
I don't think we have much of a choice. If the Karma is manifest then it has already happened. The rest of the universe just takes time to catch up

Exactly. It's true that everything has already happened. All futures has played out already in the timeless realm of eternity. However, the energy of this universe is cast into a finite realm of space-time. It's only in this physical realm that time and space exists, and hence evolution can happen. But evolution in the bigger picture is simply a cycle of creation experienced subjectively in slow-motion from our human perspective. We experience creation as an evolving season over billions of years in cycles of birth and death...

~:Mr.Anderson:~
^creepy^ it says nothing about nirvana in the bible. The second coming is spelled out quite literally in the book of revelation.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
^creepy^ it says nothing about nirvana in the bible. The second coming is spelled out quite literally in the book of revelation.

Spelled out? Nothing in Revelation is spelled out. It's all a bad acid trip.

The Dark Cloud
Iran is far more likely to nuke Tel Aviv than Jeruselam. Jerusalem is a holy city to Muslims as well.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by The Dark Cloud
Iran is far more likely to nuke Tel Aviv than Jeruselam. Jerusalem is a holy city to Muslims as well.

True, but that is not the point of the thread. big grin

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Spelled out? Nothing in Revelation is spelled out. It's all a bad acid trip. but there's nothing even close to being taken as nirvana.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
but there's nothing even close to being taken as nirvana.

So?

King Kandy
Well, the Mayans did not have Jesus in mind with their calendar....they were talking about the 9 levels of creation and when the cycle ends.
So you CAN figure out when Jesus will arrive, as long as you aren't actually trying?

I'm sorry but I am having a hard time believing that one.

anaconda
and the difference between the once aint actuallu trying and those who really really try is?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by anaconda
and the difference between the once aint actuallu trying and those who really really try is?

The size of the book in their hand.

King Kandy
Originally posted by anaconda
Don't ask me, i'm not the one who came up with this loony theory.

Shakyamunison
Don't ask me, i'm not the one who came up with this loony theory.

Which loony theory are you talking about? There are too many to keep track of.

King Kandy
Which loony theory are you talking about? There are too many to keep track of.

This one:

Shakyamunison
This one:

Thanks, but that was a rhetorical question. wink

Symmetric Chaos
So anyway, they'd just advocate to have it rebuilt.

Shakyamunison
So anyway, they'd just advocate to have it rebuilt.

What if we didn't build it again?

King Kandy
We aren't building it right now, so that wouldn't be any different.

Symmetric Chaos

Irrelevant, it still could be rebuilt at any time, unless someone destroys the planet.

Shakyamunison
Irrelevant, it still could be rebuilt at any time, unless someone destroys the planet.

How long would it take for the radiation to subside?

Shakyamunison
We aren't building it right now, so that wouldn't be any different.

You mean the temple?

King Kandy
You mean the temple?
Yes. It doesn't exist now, and if Israel got nuked, it... wouldn't exist. Same as it's status is right now.

Shakyamunison
Yes. It doesn't exist now, and if Israel got nuked, it... wouldn't exist. Same as it's status is right now.

Good point. So, if you were a fundamentalist Christian, who believed in the prophecies that call for the temple to be rebuild, would you promote the removal of the mosque of the rock by any means possible?

King Kandy
Good point. So, if you were a fundamentalist Christian, who believed in the prophecies that call for the temple to be rebuild, would you promote the removal of the mosque of the rock by any means possible?
I don't know about christians but the majority opinion amongst jews is that only the Messiah can rebuild the temple. Though, these people may interest you:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Temple_Institute

Shakyamunison
I don't know about christians but the majority opinion amongst jews is that only the Messiah can rebuild the temple.

Interesting twist.

King Kandy
It should be noted that there is also a vocal minority that believes that since anybody who tries to rebuild the temple could be a potential messiah, we should be making efforts to do so; I already provided a link to one such group.

jinXed by JaNx
The entire world will have much bigger concerns and issues at hand if Iran were to destroy Jerusalem. I don't think it would affect Christian beliefs at all though. The goal would probably be to rebuild Jerusalem. Even if the country is conquered and taken over, Jerusalem will still exist, just under a different name.

Wonderer
So you CAN figure out when Jesus will arrive, as long as you aren't actually trying?

I'm sorry but I am having a hard time believing that one.
No. You are confused and not following what I have said about Jesus - I said there will be no litteral physical return, but a spiritual awakening in the hearts of people....that is actually also to be fiound in the Bible......within not without...

King Kandy
No. You are confused and not following what I have said about Jesus - I said there will be no litteral physical return, but a spiritual awakening in the hearts of people....that is actually also to be fiound in the Bible......within not without...
I listened to everything you said. You said Jesus's "spiritual awakening" cannot be predicted by anyone, but then said that it has been predicted by the Mayan calender. When I asked how they could have predicted it, you just said "they weren't thinking of Jesus when they made it", leading to my comment.

Shakyamunison
I listened to everything you said...

Wow! That's amazing; considering that this is all written. stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Wow! That's amazing; considering that this is all written. stick out tongue

Maybe he's blind and uses a text reader program.

Shakyamunison
Maybe he's blind and uses a text reader program.

I want one of those. eek!

mvpccc
I agree..

Robtard

Fundamental Christians whackos believe the Jews can't be destroyed, as the bible says so. God promised them life and the 'holy land.'

Sweat deal, eh?

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Robtard
Fundamental Christians whackos believe the Jews can't be destroyed, as the bible says so. God promised them life and the 'holy land.'

Sweat deal, eh?

Then if they are destroyed, what would they do?

Robtard

Drag the old and trusty "God works in mysterious ways" line out yet again.

Symmetric Chaos

Get a few people to convert.

Shakyamunison
Drag the old and trusty "God works in mysterious ways" line out yet again.

The would be the best thing. What I would hat to see would be someone starting a war.

Amazing Vrayo!!

The fundamentalist Christian believe that before Jesus can return the Jews must be sacrificing in the temple in Jerusalem. If Jerusalem and Israel are both destroyed, what will the fundamental Christians do? Will they reinvent their prophecies, or will the go one a new crusade to reestablish the Jewish state and Jerusalem? Write an angry letter big grin

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Amazing Vrayo!!
Write an angry letter big grin

laughing

Dresta
Hopefully commit mass suicide.

jinXed by JaNx
Fundamental Christians whackos believe the Jews can't be destroyed

Well shit, Hitler couldn't do it and he had the consent of the entire world. He just got all uppity and tried to overstep his part and take over the entire world.

Shey Tapani
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
The entire world will have much bigger concerns and issues at hand if Iran were to destroy Jerusalem. I don't think it would affect Christian beliefs at all though. The goal would probably be to rebuild Jerusalem. Even if the country is conquered and taken over, Jerusalem will still exist, just under a different name.

Dont worry Israel has nukes, they can defend themselves.

Darth Jello
The fundamentalist Christians would get out their guns, go outside, and yell "Gee, thanks for leaving some k*kes for us to mop up!" and would begrudgingly fill out their dreams and wipe out the rest of us in the US now that it became suddenly ok to be open about it again.

lil bitchiness
It is gross overgeneralisations too it cannot be used as hypothesis either, since some support Jews and other support Palestinians.

Iran would never destroy an Islamic holy city nor would it nuke something so close to West Bank.
If anything gets nuked, it won't be Jerusalem.

Shakyamunison

King Kandy
I already explained how the destruction of Jerusalem would have no effect on the prophecy. Because it's not really Jerusalem that's important, it's the second temple (which already has been destroyed for nearly two millenia).

Shakyamunison
I already explained how the destruction of Jerusalem would have no effect on the prophecy. Because it's not really Jerusalem that's important, it's the second temple (which already has been destroyed for nearly two millenia).

And a good job you did. big grin

leonheartmm
even if meccah/jerusalem/madinah/salt lake city were ripped up by force feilds and sent on a one way trip to the sun, the beleivers will never stop beleiving. they wud merely reinterpret scriptures or wait till a miracle brought them back. or create towered cities in the holes left.

relegion isnt about reason.

however i do think itll be interesting to see what fundamentalist christians wud do if the entire new zion region was nuked to a wasteland or ever jew killed by the muslims etc.

ofcourse the way things are going and the vast atrocities israel is committing against its neighbours, we really might get to see the destruction of jerusalem in our lifetimes.

Darth Jello
This really falls into the category of things that would never happen. Iran has the second highest population of Jews in the middle east and their government's hold on power is getting more and more tenuous.

Lost Magi
this is a big "if" how annoying. people spend more energy trying to think of ways to decredit christianity. this is why we are saved by faith. how exhausted you all must be.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lost Magi
this is a big "if" how annoying. people spend more energy trying to think of ways to decredit christianity. this is why we are saved by faith. how exhausted you all must be.

Not at all. There was no time or thought that went into this thread. If I had spent any time at all, I would have written it better. That way people like yourself would have had an easier time understanding the point behind the question.

Symmetric Chaos

1) Most atheists spend very little energy discrediting Christianity.
2) Patting yourself on the back for not thinking critically about your beliefs is very sad and, frankly, a bit scary.

Lost Magi
the last two comments prove my point which is: why try and prove your point.

Shakyamunison
the last two comments prove my point which is: why try and prove your point.

You are the one waisting your time.

maham

what's with 'If Iran destroys Jerusalem'? messed Could be anyone else....

Adam_PoE

Who is exhausted? Discrediting Christianity is does not take much effort at all.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by maham
what's with 'If Iran destroys Jerusalem'? messed Could be anyone else....

The point of the thread is prophesy. This thread has nothing to do with Iran or Jerusalem.

Lord Lucien

The fundamentalist Christian believe that before Jesus can return the Jews must be sacrificing in the temple in Jerusalem. If Jerusalem and Israel are both destroyed, what will the fundamental Christians do? Will they reinvent their prophecies, or will the go one a new crusade to reestablish the Jewish state and Jerusalem? The NATO countries would sanction an invasion. The Muslim world would reach its radical zenith. Russia would declare its neutrality. China would grab Tibet in all the brooha. France would blame America for nuking Palestine. Britain would become V for Vendetta. Obama would be removed for not changing things fast enough. Kevin Spacey would be elected President. "(America) has nuclear weapons, and we will use them." Tehran disappears, the Muslims bow to Western might. Kevin Spacey steps down and William Donohue establishes the Christian Empire of America. Fundamentalist Christians become the CS (christstaffel) and conquer the world. Theocratic democracy is enforce and all humanity is liberated in the name of Jesus Christ.

Jesus give Chuck Norris props and they go back to their Wii Sports.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
The NATO countries would sanction an invasion. The Muslim world would reach its radical zenith. Russia would declare its neutrality. China would grab Tibet in all the brooha. France would blame America for nuking Palestine. Britain would become V for Vendetta. Obama would be removed for not changing things fast enough. Kevin Spacey would be elected President. "(America) has nuclear weapons, and we will use them." Tehran disappears, the Muslims bow to Western might. Kevin Spacey steps down and William Donohue establishes the Christian Empire of America. Fundamentalist Christians become the CS (christstaffel) and conquer the world. Theocratic democracy is enforce and all humanity is liberated in the name of Jesus Christ.

Jesus give Chuck Norris props and they go back to their Wii Sports.

Wow! And I didn't think anyone got it. laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.