Modern Family

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Did anybody else watch the pilot for this show on ABC? The pilot for this was one of the funnier pilots for a show I've seen in the last few years. For those of you who aren't aware of what it is, it is a show about a dysfunctional family that includes the dad (Ed O'Neal, aka Al Bundy from Married with Children) who is married to a younger, attractive Hispanic woman and her son; the dad's son, who is gay and just adopted a Vietnamese baby with his partner; and the sister, who is married to a guy that seems desperate to be the "cool dad" with their teenage daughter and son. The show is filmed like the Office where it seems that a camera is following them around and the 3 couples at times talk to the camera. To me, it is kind of like a hybrid of The Office (due to its filming) and Arrested Development (due to the dysfunctional family). Though, the family is more realistically dysfunctional when compared to Arrested Development.

Neo_Version 7
Great episode.

- "Can you tone it down?"
- "I can't. It's who I am."
- "The music."

Together with Flash Forward, this season's new shows are quite promising.

Myth
I loved the sister's husband. The stuff revolving around him shooting his son was classic. I just about died when his son asked, "Why are you smiling?"

Myth
New episode last night. The guy trying to be the "cool Dad" is still my favorite so far.

BruceSkywalker
i have not watched this yet, but i will on the weekend

PittFan
I couldn't get into this one! Don't think it lives up to the hype.

Myth
Originally posted by PittFan
I couldn't get into this one! Don't think it lives up to the hype.

Are you talking about the hype I created? Or hype from elsewhere? Because I haven't heard any hype about it. I just saw one commercial, saw Ed O'Neal, and thought 'I'd give that a shot.' Sorry you didn't enjoy it as much as I did.

Micheal_Myers
The first two episodes showed promise. I think I'll follow this one a bit more.

saintsaucey
This weeks episode was really good. It is steadily improving in my opinion.

Neo_Version 7
Costco!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.