Michael Jackson - muslim???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SamZED
Ive been hearing a lot of rumors that Jackson before his death converted to Islam, but ive only heard rumors, no actual proofs or announcements. Soo.. is that true? Or just something media made up?

Ordo
If your statement begins with...
Originally posted by SamZED
Ive been hearing a lot of rumors
...and involves...
Michael Jackson
...then is most definately not...
true
...and...
just something media made up

Thread solved. cool

Jaeh.is.Awesome
does it matter if it is true or not?

SamZED
It does because I made the thread stick out tongue Plus it has something to do with religion so it can be discussed on this forum.

Originally posted by Ordo

...and involves...

...and...

Thread solved. cool
His brother said that he converted. I just wanted to know if someone has more info on the topic.

Ordo
You can find everything you want here.

Mindship
Ive been hearing a lot of rumors that Jackson before his death converted to Islam... No doubt he was following the advice of his spiritual adviser, Rabbi Boteach.

ushomefree
Ordo... I'm not kidding... when I clicked on your link (in response to SamZED), I laughed out loud, ha ha! Good times!

Ordo
smile

SamZED
You can find everything you want here. lol good one. But THAT is where the "rumors" came from.

inimalist
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/celebritynews/3494296/Michael-Jackson-converts-to-Islam-and-changes-name-to-Mikaeel.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/2008/11/21/2008-11-21_call_him_mikaeel_michael_jackson_reporte.html

not decisive, but something to ponder

given the mental condition of MJ, however, it would probably be prudent to take any of his life altering decisions with a grain of salt. ie, he may have done it as a whim

jinXed by JaNx

...and involves...

...and...

Thread solved. cool

That was well impressive w00t

Ordo
lol good one. But THAT is where the "rumors" came from.

I should have phrase it "You can find anything you want here"

Symmetric Chaos
I should have phrase it "You can find anything you want here"

Plenty of things you don't want too.

Admiral Akbar

...and involves...

...and...

Thread solved. cool

Brilliant.

Hell Lancer
i heard so too. apparently he'd been in Bahrain and converted. apparently he changed his name to Mikael (the arabic name of one of the archangels).

Bardock42
Originally posted by Hell Lancer
i heard so too. apparently he'd been in Bahrain and converted. apparently he changed his name to Mikael (the arabic name of one of the archangels). Oh no, I wonder what Archangel that might be.

inimalist
as far as I can tell from google, Mikael is a Scandinavian rendition of Michael (which is apparently Hebrew to begin with).

http://www.babynamespedia.com/meaning/Mikael

Hebrew and Arabic are extremely close though.

Hell Lancer
i spelt the arabic name wrong because, heck sue me i'm not an arab. its pronounced mee-ka-eel though.

its the arabic name of the angel of rain i.e. angel responsible for rain

inimalist
angel of rain?

EDIT: Michael is mentioned once in the Koran, alongside Gabriel, in a passage that says whoever is the enemy of angels also has God for an enemy.

King Kandy
Mikael=Michael. They are the same thing.

siriuswriter
i think michael is the warrior angel... ? or the head warrior angel....?

Hell Lancer
is the christian michael some different kind of angel from the muslim one? i was under the impression that most of the names are simply translations of sorts Jibrail/gabriel, issa/jesus, moosa/moses etc etc

Bardock42
...I was making a joke.

inimalist
is the christian michael some different kind of angel from the muslim one? i was under the impression that most of the names are simply translations of sorts Jibrail/gabriel, issa/jesus, moosa/moses etc etc

where did you get "angel of rain" from, though?

siriuswriter
well, here's wiki :
christian perception :

In the Epistle of Jude of the New Testament in verse 9, St Michael disputes with the Devil over the body of Moses. In Revelation 12:7-8, "And there was a great battle in heaven, Michael and his angels fought with the dragon, and the dragon and his angels fought back. But he was not strong enough, and they lost their place in heaven." Saint John describes Satan being thrown out of heaven three and a half years from the end of the age, "a time, times and half a time" (Revelation 12:14). Satan being thrown from heaven coincides with the "abomination that causes desolation" as spoken of by the prophet (Daniel 9:27). In Catholic teachings, Saint Michael will also triumph at the end times when Antichrist will be defeated by him. The Book of Daniel (12:1) states: "At that time Michael, the great prince who protects your people, will arise."

islamic perception :

In Arabic literature, Michael is called Mikha'il. In the Qur'an, Michael is mentioned once only, in Sura 2:98. In his commentary on verse 98 of that sura, Baiḍawi relates that on one occasion Umar ibn al-Khattab went into a Jewish school and inquired concerning Gabriel. The pupils said he was their enemy, but that Michael was a good angel, bringing peace and plenty. In answer to Umar's question as to the respective positions of Michael and Gabriel in God's presence, they said that Gabriel was on his right hand and Michael on his left. Umar exclaimed at their untruthfulness, and declared that whoever was an enemy to God's angels, to him God would be an enemy. Upon returning to Muhammad, Umar found that Gabriel had forestalled him by revealing the same message, which is contained in verse 98. Muslim commentators state with reference to Sura 11:69 that Michael was one of the three angels who visited Abraham.

and there's a picture of the archangel michael pwning satan.

inimalist
ya, that was the extent of my reading, also

I was just curious about this "angel of rain" comment, and whether it was new age or a throw back to pre-christian pantheons

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by siriuswriter
i think michael is the warrior angel... ? or the head warrior angel....?

That definitely supports the theory of him leading an underground army against the Illuminati. I'm with you. MJ is definitely an archangel

Hell Lancer
*shrug*

King Kandy
What's that a quote from?

Hell Lancer
a hadith.

some people kind of oversimplify things with the translation talk. not all the names and people are identical. a good example would be that in christianity Abraham was to sacrifice his son Isaac. however in islam the son's name was Ismail. Ishac (isac) is the name of anotehr of Ibraheem's sons but he wasn't the one that was to be sacrificed.

inimalist
*shrug*

cool

It'd be interesting to look at how scholars interpret that Hadith

WhoopeeDee
An interesting fact about MJ...he would eat meat but not pork...could anyone double check that for me?

Thanks.

siriuswriter
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee
An interesting fact about MJ...he would eat meat but not pork...could anyone double check that for me?

Thanks.

not a double-check, but that's an interesting diet choice for americans. we usually eat more meat than we could possibly need unless a principle or religion dictates otherwise. this could be jewish - as there is kosher beef, but pork cannot be kosher.

i'm guessing it's just a fancy diet prescribed by a fancy nutritionist, though. considering how many people of that sort of profession he had in his retinue.

King Kandy
Originally posted by WhoopeeDee

Thanks.
That might add a bit of credibility here.

inimalist
Its Micheal Jackson, you know, Amusement-park-in-my-back-yard-sleep-with-but-don't-****-children-while-they-are-in-my-bed-I-have-a-pet-monkey-now-I'm-a-white-person Micheal Jackson

would you be at all surprised if one day he did convert to Islam? I think it would be more surprising if he didn't.

lil bitchiness
I don't think it matters really. His personal choice, whatever he chose was best for him. So...

King Kandy
Originally posted by inimalist
Its Micheal Jackson, you know, Amusement-park-in-my-back-yard-sleep-with-but-don't-****-children-while-they-are-in-my-bed-I-have-a-pet-monkey-now-I'm-a-white-person Micheal Jackson

would you be at all surprised if one day he did convert to Islam? I think it would be more surprising if he didn't.
Maybe he finally found true meaning in life...

but probably not.

Hell Lancer
well, it was his choice apparently. that and the fact that he's dead (RIP). I don't like talking trash about dead people.

SamZED
Originally posted by inimalist
...sleep-with-but-don't-****-children-while-they-are-in-my-bed... You make it sound like its a bad thing.

AsbestosFlaygon
You make it sound like its a bad thing.
And ironic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.