The Star wars OT (2004)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies

queeq
I own that one.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
I own that one.

Same here, then they put out another set two years later with the originals on them...

Lucas got me (us) again!

queeq
I know. But at least there's always the surprise with the next release what's new in the movie.

coolmovies
the 06 version where crap disk one was from the 04 box set and disk two was a crappy 4.3 version and if you zoom in its very fuzzy .

queeq
Yeah, but still nice to have a decente version of the original.

sweersa
I wonder if GL ever made high res scans of the original footage before it got messed up.

Hybris
I have this one smile and also all of these:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/e/e2/Sw_dvd%27s.JPG

coolmovies
ya i have the LE too

queeq
Originally posted by sweersa
I wonder if GL ever made high res scans of the original footage before it got messed up.

THe final OT release on VHS was very good. Digitally remastered both in video and audio. It should be around somewhere, a lot better than the only OT DVD release.

coolmovies
hay have you noticed no OT on dvd this year yipeee.

-Pr-
i have both sets, but i loves my theatrical versions, so naturally that set is more dear to me...

queeq
Originally posted by coolmovies
hay have you noticed no OT on dvd this year yipeee.

Apparently things have come this far: we are happy when there is no OT release... Sad.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq
THe final OT release on VHS was very good. Digitally remastered both in video and audio. It should be around somewhere, a lot better than the only OT DVD release.

Maybe after Lucas dies we have a chance of getting it.

jayce78

jayce78
Originally posted by sweersa
Maybe after Lucas dies we have a chance of getting it.

The 95 reissues? With the Lenord Maltin (are however you spell it?)interviews? Hell , I got that set sitting on my shelf. Damm great set , Damm great . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.