A True Christian test.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison
The Money Test

Here's how we start... Our trick is to confront the testee with moral absolutes and performance tests. Here is the first performance test that we can enjoy.

"Give to everyone that asketh thee; and from him that taketh away thy goods ask not again." Luke 6:30

"Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away." Matt. 5:42

Luke 6:35 sums it all up...

"But love your enemies, and do them good, and lend never despairing; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be Sons of the Most High: for he is kind toward the unthankful and evil."

True Christians are so fond of moral absolutes that I think we should give them every opportunity to experience those absolutes as real, upfront and personal events. In your next testing session, when you hear the True Christian extolling the Rock of Moral Absolutes upon which they stand, go for the cash. It has a nice sobering effect that should in the long run benefit the True Christian.

Ask for their money, all of it. Just ask for their wallet. Have them show it to you. Any money inside? Good. Ask for it. You don't want their credit cards. That would be a crime. If there's no money, ask for an article of clothing. Coats and cloaks are good. How about car keys? Do they have a big cross with them? Ask for it.

When they refuse have them reread the previous verses, then ask again. Should they still refuse call them a fraud, for that's exactly what they are. Just like Jesus send them away into darkness. They aren't a True Christian.

Now should they give you everything in their wallet, the cloak on their back and the cross too, we get to have more fun...

The Swill Test

Next we proceed with more subjective questions. One of their obsessive traits is to compare their past performance with the actions of those in the Bible. How is their walk with their Lord? Do they follow Jesus closely? Do they want to follow more closely? Yes? Good. Now we start with the serious tests.

In Matthew 10:18 Jesus sends out his True Disciples with the commandments to "heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead and cast out devils." Take a skeptical attitude about their status as a True Christian. Again let them know that you want only the real thing. No substitutes will be allowed.

"And these signs shall accompany them that believe: in my name they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with new tongues. They shall take up serpents and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall in no wise hurt them; they shall lay their hands on the sick, and they shall recover." Mark 16:17-18

On this you gotta' be a little careful not to let the cat out of the bag. Ask your friend if they have cast out demons. Do they speak with tongues? Have they laid their hands on sick persons who were healed?

If so take a bottle from storage prepared especially for the test. It should be filled with (non)toxic, pukey looking stuff that smells to high heaven. Urine and excrement should do. Cap the bottle tightly while in storage. And for heavens sake wrap it in something to hide the mess from sight. In the Bible read Mark 16:17-18 which says that True Christians can pick up serpents and drink harmful things without suffering. Ask our unsuspecting testee to chug the whole bottle. If they object saying "thou shalt not test God" respond by saying that you are testing them, not God. God is not around to be tested anyway. If they don't chug-the-jug you can safely assume they are not a True Christian, only a fraud. Send them away.

A note of warning... Be sure to inform the True Christian the drink is toxic. Let them pick up the bottle for themselves. If they drink the potion they take the test of their own free will.

Now some might protest that the last part of Mark is a 'late addition' not found in the earlier texts. Perhaps they have confessed to you previously that the Bible is the word of God and is infallible. What happened? Didn't the believe the Bible? Tell them they aren't a True Christian; they are frauds. Send them home with their tails between their legs.

Conclusion

As we can readily see it's not healthy to be a True Christian. A True Christian is equivalent to being a Bibliolater--one who worships the Bible. Now being a Christian is ok. But being a Bibliolater is a form of mental illness. And it's great fun to let the Bibliolater know of their problem when they interrupt your day.

I have about ten other performance tests but the aforementioned are the most exciting. Please feel free to experiment with Jesus' moral absolutes and performance tests. You may find some that are just a much fun as
these.

Copyright Dec. 1989. Ammond Shadowcraft

Permission is given to reproduce or retransmitt this article providing the article is complete, and with the author's name and copyright notice fully intact.

http://www.skepticfiles.org/aj/xntest.htm

Ordo
TLDR smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Ordo
TLDR smile

Too bad for you.

Ordo
Since its a Christian test I'd fail anyway.

~:Mr.Anderson:~
1. It doesn't say how much you should give.

2. christians can be bit by serpents or eat harmful things, but not just to test god or to purposefully hurt themselves.

Shakyamunison
Since its a Christian test I'd fail anyway.

I had to post it in full:

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
1. It doesn't say how much you should give.

So, if I asked you for all of your money, how much would you give me?

2. christians can be bit by serpents or eat harmful things, but not just to test god or to purposefully hurt themselves.

no expression

Originally posted by Shakyamunison
So, if I asked you for all of your money, how much would you give me?

no expression

also, you aren't testing a christian by asking them to drink swill, since most believe that the only way they can do anything is with god's help.

probably about 10 dollars; enough for a decent meal.

Shakyamunison
also, you aren't testing a christian by asking them to drink swill, since most believe that the only way they can do anything is with god's help.

probably about 10 dollars; enough for a decent meal.

Do I need to give you my PayPal account? laughing out loud

are you in trouble?

Shakyamunison
are you in trouble?

No, but $10 would be great. laughing out loud

King Kandy
are you in trouble?
The bible never says anything about the person having to need the money.

call it a sin, but I do. I will tell god i chose not to give someone who doesn't need 10 bucks some money.

I do however, rummage in my pockets for any cash i might be carrying when i see a homeless person.

Shakyamunison
call it a sin, but I do. I will tell god i chose not to give someone who doesn't need 10 bucks some money.

I do however, rummage in my pockets for any cash i might be carrying when i see a homeless person.

Did you realize that giving money to a homeless person just enables them to get more booze, and therefore stay within their suffering?

Symmetric Chaos

Mind you, as he says at the end, this is a test for RTCs.

Did you realize that giving money to a homeless person just enables them to get more booze, and therefore stay within their suffering?

Out of curiosity what do you do when you see homeless people?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos

Out of curiosity what do you do when you see homeless people?

also, shaky, booze is an escapism, not really an increase to suffering. I don't see how taking a painkiller can increase the pain, especially when there's nothing else you can do.

Symmetric Chaos
also, shaky, booze is an escapism, not really an increase to suffering. I don't see how taking a painkiller can increase the pain, especially when there's nothing else you can do.

I happen to agree with Shaky; I was honestly curious on that point. Being drunk all the time keeps you trapped where you are in life. It doesn't increase pain at the moment but it stops you from being genuinely happier. Someone with alcohol on his breath all the time doesn't have much chance of getting hired anywhere.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
facepalm

I dunno why, but I facepalmed and sorta chuckled.

ushomefree
Shakyamunison-

Ammond Shadowcraft, who wrote the article "Test those Christians: A Non-believer's Guide for Testing the True Christian," is not a historian and/or theologian. Further more, he has zero credentials. Have you even bothered to read his biography?! I get the impression of a confused person. In other words, everything in his life seems to be "reactive," not proactive. Although I understand his hardships, it is obvious that he lives in the past, not the future. If all is true, Mr. Shadowcraft has probably spent much of his livelihood searching for answers to help medicate his feelings/emotions, not life itself. He lives in the past, and my heart goes out to him. I've been there, and it ain't worth it. He is 54 years of age, today.

King Kandy
That's cool, when you can't counter the points just go after the writer.

ushomefree
I do not think like you do.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I'm between - is this a joke, or are you serious?

because... this is taking things a little too... literal and in the wrong context. wink

and... I sort of lol'd, so if it's serious, then.. er... heh.

ushomefree
Speak your mind! What are you talking about?!

Jaeh.is.Awesome
are you talking to shakjy or me? confused

and he's not online. >>. he'll probably reply when he gets back.

ushomefree
I'm talking to you....

Jaeh.is.Awesome
the verses and stuff. they're in the wrong context as used in the article thing.

I can't really explain right now - I have to leave for volunteer work. huge calamity here in my country - have to help out.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by ushomefree
Shakyamunison-

Ammond Shadowcraft, who wrote the article "Test those Christians: A Non-believer's Guide for Testing the True Christian," is not a historian and/or theologian. Further more, he has zero credentials. Have you even bothered to read his biography?! I get the impression of a confused person. In other words, everything in his life seems to be "reactive," not proactive. Although I understand his hardships, it is obvious that he lives in the past, not the future. If all is true, Mr. Shadowcraft has probably spent much of his livelihood searching for answers to help medicate his feelings/emotions, not life itself. He lives in the past, and my heart goes out to him. I've been there, and it ain't worth it. He is 54 years of age, today.

I could not care less about Mr. Ammond Shadowcraft (no offence meant to Ammond), and no I did not read anything about him. I simply came upon this article while researching a conversation with you. I lol, and wanted to share.

Did you pass the test? laughing out loud

ushomefree
Brother... you do your thing.

Shakyamunison
Brother... you do your thing.

Can I have all your money? big grin

ushomefree
Absolutely not! Why would God expect me to do such a thing?

Shakyamunison
Absolutely not! Why would God expect me to do such a thing?

The you are not a true Christian, imagine that. eek!

ushomefree
Okay... but please answer why God would want me to give all of my hard earned labor to anyone who asks?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
This is insanity...

it's funny in a dude!-that's-just-not-right sort of way. >>.

ushomefree
I do not understand your words....

Shakyamunison
Okay... but please answer why God would want me to give all of my hard earned labor to anyone who asks?

Why would the bible say such a thing? Maybe because "It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God." (Matthew 19:24)

ushomefree
Because 9 times out of 10, people who are rich, focus on money... not God.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I do not understand your words....

I mean, I laughed because the whole "test" are different bible verses taken out of context. It;s not really that funny, but it's the "wrong" kind of funny... like the way you sort of laugh at some wrong grammar stuff, then you correct it.

I can't correct most this time though, because I have to go. wink

ushomefree
No problem smile

ushomefree
Shaky... take your time. I'm trying to understand, not argue.

ushomefree
BRB

Shakyamunison
Shaky... take your time. I'm trying to understand, not argue.

I didn't think you were trying to argue, then again, I didn't think you were trying to understand.

ushomefree
So... back to the original question: why would God expect me (or anyone for the matter) to give all hard earned labor to anyone who asks?

Symmetric Chaos
So... back to the original question: why would God expect me (or anyone for the matter) to give all hard earned labor to anyone who asks?

"Give to everyone that asketh thee; and from him that taketh away thy goods ask not again." Luke 6:30

"Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away." Matt. 5:42

Those are both pretty clear unless you want to suggest that the Bible has an important historical context and that the writers may not have intended a strictly literal reading of the text.

ushomefree
One thing at a time, please. Shaky?

Shakyamunison

How many camels can fit through the eye of a needle? Do you think that Jesus didn't really mean that? In other words, no rich men can ever make it into heaven, according to Jesus.

Symmetric Chaos
How many camels can fit through the eye of a needle? Do you think that Jesus didn't really mean that? In other words, no rich men can ever make it into heaven, according to Jesus.

That's not actually true. The disciples respond that by Jesus' standards no one can be saved and he says something to the effect that "by human means it is impossible, but with God all things are possible".

Shakyamunison
That's not actually true. The disciples respond that by Jesus' standards no one can be saved and he says something to the effect that "by human means it is impossible, but with God all things are possible".

Jesus talked about if you think a sin, then you have committed that sin. Therefore, money is not the problem. If you care about money at all, then you will not make it into heaven is the underlining principle, I think. That means if someone asks for your money, you should give it away, because you don't care about it.

ushomefree
I think you understand completely what the theme of Matthew 19:24 entails; your simply being stubborn. For millionaires and billionaires around the world, their lives are engrossed over money and material things, not God. And so... they will never come to terms with God. However, if you read Matthew 19:25-26, you'll learn, that God can save them -- hence the Holy Spirit. When a man/women repents, it will be provided. Salvation is not the works of one's self, but of God. Do you understand?

Shakyamunison
I think you understand completely what the theme of Matthew 19:24 entails; your simply being stubborn. For millionaires and billionaires around the world, their lives are engrossed over money and material things, not God. And so... they will never come to terms with God. However, if you read Matthew 19:25-26, you'll learn, that God can save them -- hence the Holy Spirit. When a man/women repents, it will be provided. Salvation is not the works of one's self, but of God. Do you understand?

Send me your money; do you understand? wink

ushomefree
Why... and not be able to feed myself and/or provide shelter?

Shakyamunison
Why... and not be able to feed myself and/or provide shelter?

Then you do not understand. I really don't want your money.

ushomefree
I know you don't want my money, silly! Heck, I have no money, ha ha! Besides, your the one selling CDs on the internet!! We are talking about the meaning of Scripture pertaining to Matthew 19:23. What does that have to do with anything?

Shakyamunison
I know you don't want my money, silly! Heck, I have no money, ha ha! Besides, your the one selling CDs on the internet!! We are talking about the meaning of Scripture pertaining to Matthew 19:23. What does that have to do with anything?

Sure I sell CD's, but not that many.

I think for a moment, you felt the pull of money. I think the reason you asked me why more then once was because you were looking for a way out. You don't have to be rich to feel the pull of money.

I understand what Jesus was saying, and it is far more serious then this silly thread. To be truthful, if I could find a way to survive, I would give all my money away. I have worked hard to rid myself of all hate, but I am not pure. I still hold one hate in my heart, and that is the hate of money.

Now do you understand.

dadudemon
1. I wouldn't give my money to just anyone. **** those dumbass bums who want my money. I'll, however, donate my time and labor until my hands bleed, which is really what that's about. Luckily, we know that the words written there don't mean give up everything you have for a con-artist. It is referring to helping someone really in need of help. It's called the letter of the law versus the spirit of the law. If one adheres to the letter of the law, but misses the spirit of the law, then it is better that he not have tried to follow it to begin with.

2. I don't hold that to be true at all. Only an idiot would knowingly drink poison. However, if there are people out there that were guarenteed by God to not die from drinking poison, and it was a show of God's power for someone attempting to tempt God, fine. But that would be like a one out of a million chance. The only related example I can think of of someone tempting God is the whole sacrifice think Elijah (or was it Elisha?) did when god sent down that super fire from heaven and burnt up the offering in mere seconds. Other than that, God will usually never give into "tempting God" scenarios, which is why I say that scripture is either taken waaaaay out of context, or the person who wrote it down was mistaken on what God was telling him at tht point. Revelation usually works in thoughts or ideas, not direct diction. There's very few instances of direct diction from God to his prophets.

3. If you REALLY want to test to see how Christian someone is, ask them for help or time on something that you genuinely need help with. It would have to be something legit. If you need $400 for your mother's CAT scan, ask for it to be donated. If you need someone to repair your leaky roof but have arthritis and no money to afford it, ask someone you deem as a true Christian. That's REALLY what those scriptures are about. And...the poison one is just plain dumb and can get dumbass Christians killed. I know for a fact that Mormon's got their whine poisoned, so they switched to water so they could tel if it had been tainted or not. Tells me that that scripture is either incorrectly being interpreted, or the man who wrote it didn't understand God, fully.

Shakyamunison

In the sermon on the mount jesus says to consider the lillies of the valley or the birds of the air. Do birds build nests for their young? yes.

The scripture doesn't mean that you should neglect fiscal assets, but more that you should not make them a priority. And yes, if your roof was broken and you asked me to, i'd help fix it.

ushomefree
Brother... sell a billion copies! Be successful, but do not forget God in the process (as many have in the past). That's the entire point -- give to the needy and help your community. God isn't asking that you turn yourself inside out when it comes to finance and/or to deny talents. In the end, it's all about perspective. Which one controls your life: fame, money, power, Sponge Bob or God? Do not get ahead of yourself.

I agree, and yes... I have felt the so-called "pull of money." Heck... who hasn't, especially in industrialized nations? It's easy to serve one's self, but difficult to serve God.

Very, very admirable Shaky.... It truly is, but the problem is not money itself; the problem is greed! But I understand your point.

Which one controls your life: fame, money, power, Sponge Bob or God? Do not get ahead of yourself.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_7Se7iswAanA/SnhtkDuPc5I/AAAAAAAAIlE/hF7RmmEYugs/s400/SpongeBob_19.jpg
haermm

ushomefree
laughing

I understand what Jesus was saying, and it is far more serious then this silly thread. To be truthful, if I could find a way to survive, I would give all my money away. I have worked hard to rid myself of all hate, but I am not pure. I still hold one hate in my heart, and that is the hate of money.

Now do you understand. give all your money away and go live in a homeless shelter. problem solved.

Shakyamunison
Brother... sell a billion copies! Be successful, but do not forget God in the process (as many have in the past). That's the entire point -- give to the needy and help your community. God isn't asking that you turn yourself inside out when it comes to finance and/or to deny talents. In the end, it's all about perspective. Which one controls your life: fame, money, power, Sponge Bob or God? Do not get ahead of yourself.

Thank you, I think. Responsibility is the key that leads to control.

I agree, and yes... I have felt the so-called "pull of money." Heck... who hasn't, especially in industrialized nations? It's easy to serve one's self, but difficult to serve God.

I am not a slave, and God does not need.

Very, very admirable Shaky.... It truly is, but the problem is not money itself; the problem is greed! But I understand your point.

Still, the word greed lets a little go through. In other words, you can have a little, but not too much. Who judges what a little is?

give all your money away and go live in a homeless shelter. problem solved.

I'm not a Christian. big grin

dadudemon

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by dadudemon
The part about the poison, though, is something some Christians REALLY believe to be true. There's this one church I saw on 20/20 many years ago. They drank strychnine to prove the scripture true! And, yes, they did really drink it and survive. The scientific explanation is a gradual "immunity" developing from drinking a tad at a time. However, they were drinking amounts that are enough to kill any normal human. Sad thing is, though, that some people get real sick from that kind of ritual shit...other's have died over the ages from it.

In case anyone's curious it's usually called Mithridatism and there actually is lots of evidence for it among people that work with poisonous animals. Also a pretty cool poem:

...they put arsenic in his meat
And stared aghast to watch him eat;
They poured strychnine in his cup
And shook to see him drink it up...

Of course it's also a totally batshit crazy sort of thing to do intentionally (and you can't actually do it with arsenic).

ushomefree
Who said anything about being a slave?! The bottom line is wisdom. But yes, God does not need. God is the source of everything. Man can never appease God. In fact, God humbled Himself in Jesus Christ for us -- something we as man could never pay back! It was a free gift -- the gift of salvation.

For starters, your God given sense of morality, but that can be over come by greed (sin). For example, many on the planet suffer disease and starvation, and yet, some fortunate folks drive to their local Chevrolet dealership to buy a Corvette. Obviously, a Corvette is not needed to survive. Instead, it satisfies greed. Such people know this, but their actions are almost never brought to light. When they are, they act like politicians -- never taking accountability for their actions. Pride! In the end, however, God through the Holy Spirit, can help end such selfishness (and learn to be selfless). People can do this on their own will (out of motivation), but it will not be long lasting.

Shakyamunison
... Man can never appease God. ...

Why would you want to appease God? confused

ushomefree
Because He loves me so much....

Shakyamunison

Sorry, I sometimes forget that we are talking apples and oranges.

dadudemon
Sorry, I sometimes forget that we are talking apples and oranges.

lulz

Sometimes, I laugh at how crazy I or other religious people sound with stuff like, "God loves me. He told me He does."

Symmetric Chaos

Yeah, that doesn't make any sense.

If God already loves you appeasing him does exactly nothing.

ushomefree
Rightly so! Your not re-born of the Holy Spirit. Until then, you will live a life of denial in retrospect to repentance -- the nature of yourself. Pride separates man from God. Fact of the matter is, God loves you for who you are. God simply wishes that you trust in Him and live life more abundantly in His name -- do away with self-gratification. You will never, ever be perfect. The bottom line is: once you repent, God will intervene and change your life for eternity (slowly but surely). You will be one with Him. But first, you must ask. God respects free will, but it does carry consequences. It is no different than laws in this country.

ushomefree
I gotta take a poop!

Shakyamunison
lulz

Sometimes, I laugh at how crazy I or other religious people sound with stuff like, "God loves me. He told me He does."

Ya, I lol when I hear a preacher saying how much he loves Jesus. It just sounds so gay.

Shakyamunison
I gotta take a poop!

Here... shit have mine.

ushomefree
Hold what views you wish! However, I must say, that I enjoyed this talk. Have a good night folks; it is time for bed. It is 2 in the morning on my end.

Mairuzu
Shaky has the spirit of the antichrist in her

ewww

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Mairuzu
Shaky has the spirit of the antichrist in her

ewww

mad Her? mad

laughing out loud

Mairuzu
saw the flower, stop being so feminine

Shakyamunison
saw the flower, stop being so feminine

Well I was the long hair on your avatar. Stop being so feminine yourself. stick out tongue

The Lotus is an important religious symbol for Buddhists. In a way, kind of like a cross is to Christians.

Mairuzu
Lots of men have long hair.

Especially in the past, but especially JESUS

Mairuzu
God made the lotus smile

Shakyamunison
Edit

lord xyz
A true christian is one that doesn't think...at all.

Shakyamunison
God made the lotus smile

The Lotus flowers and produces seed at the same time. This is a symbol of the simultaneousness of cause and effect. The Lotus evolved like all other plants and animals.

Mairuzu
from?

Shakyamunison
from?

Karma.

Mairuzu
Oh right, Buddhist. smile

Symmetric Chaos
Karma.

Let's set aside silly superstitions like karma, shall we? The lotus evolved via natural selection from older plants with slightly different features.

Shakyamunison
Let's set aside silly superstitions like karma, shall we? The lotus evolved via natural selection from older plants with slightly different features.

Karma has nothing to do with superstitions, and the question of "from?" was more profound then natural selection can answer. Evolution does not speak to the origin of life, only how it has changed. Karma is how life come into being.

inimalist
Karma has nothing to do with superstitions

Karma is how life come into being.

one of these doesn't belong smile

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
one of these doesn't belong smile

The collective direction of cause and effect is superstition? confused That is like saying that gravity is superstition.

The condition of the universe at it's very beginning lead to life. In other words, the Karma of the universe lead to life. Do you have a better theory?

Symmetric Chaos
The collective direction of cause and effect is superstition? confused That is like saying that gravity is superstition.

The condition of the universe at it's very beginning lead to life. In other words, the Karma of the universe lead to life. Do you have a better theory?

I doubt he wants to start accepting any random theory about the origins of life.

Shakyamunison
I doubt he wants to start accepting any random theory about the origins of life.

In other words, you don't have one. OK. Back on topic!

Give me all of your money.

inimalist

LOL

I honestly don't know what to say

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by inimalist
LOL

I honestly don't know what to say

If we (Buddhists) ignore what science has discovered, then we fall behind just like the Christians have done. The meaning of Karma has been changed over time. I have a thread that talks about the new ideas on Karma, but when I ask people to read it, they say that doesn't help (I honestly don't know what to say about that).

Now, give me all of your money. wink

Symmetric Chaos
If we (Buddhists) ignore what science has discovered, then we fall behind just like the Christians have done. The meaning of Karma has been changed over time. I have a thread that talks about the new ideas on Karma, but when I ask people to read it, they say that doesn't help (I honestly don't know what to say about that).

So why not just be atheist or secular humanist? You make Buddhism sounds fairly irrelevant to its followers.

Shakyamunison
So why not just be atheist or secular humanist? You make Buddhism sounds fairly irrelevant to its followers.

Because being an atheist is a waist of time and energy, and last I heard Buddhists are secular humanists. Religion goes places that science cannot go. To live your life by pure science is to be empty. Humans evolved with religion for a reason. That reason is beyond science, for now.

inimalist
Humans evolved with religion for a reason. That reason is beyond science, for now.

well, if you define it as such...

anaconda
think it is more that religion evolved with humans than the other way around

King Kandy
Originally posted by anaconda
think it is more that religion evolved with humans than the other way around
I have no idea what the difference is supposed to be.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by King Kandy
I have no idea what the difference is supposed to be.

Humans evolved with religion - religion has always existed and shaped humanity

Religion evolved with humans - people made religion and altered it to suit the circumstances

Shakyamunison
Humans evolved with religion - religion has always existed and shaped humanity

Religion evolved with humans - people made religion and altered it to suit the circumstances

That is not my meaning. Religion is a human invention. When I said Humans evolved with religion, I meant it in the same way a knight would fight with a sword. It is assumed that the knight (human) created the sword. However, it is the sword that cuts at the will of the knight.

dadudemon
Lots of men have long hair.

Especially in the past, but especially JESUS

Some pictures of Jesus remind me of Kurt Cobain. Does that make me evil?

Shakyamunison
Some pictures of Jesus remind me of Kurt Cobain. Does that make me evil?

No, but all those dead bodies of local prostitutes buried in you back yard does. jk stick out tongue

dadudemon
No, but all those dead bodies of local prostitutes buried in you back yard does. jk stick out tongue

AHHH!

How that hell did you know about those? You're really the prophet? (lol)

I'm not a Christian. big grin irrellevant. did you or did you not say the following?:

Do you live by your word?

Do you take your word literally?

Are you a true trustworty person?

I'm glad you don't take your written word literally. Neither do I.

Well I was the long hair on your avatar. Stop being so feminine yourself. stick out tongue

The Lotus is an important religious symbol for Buddhists. In a way, kind of like a cross is to Christians. And the long hair is badass. It's saul eek!

anaconda
not at all, Cobain rules, jesus on the other hand

Shakyamunison
irrellevant. did you or did you not say the following?:

I'm a Buddhist now. I don't follow the teachings of the bible. I think they are inferior to the teachings of Buddha.

anaconda
I follow my own will which is superior to all teachings of ancient lunatics

peejayd
irrellevant. did you or did you not say the following?:

* i somehow kinda learned how to tolerate mr.shakyamunison's posts and Christian-bashing... it just makes me feel contented by not replying to him and by not taking his posts too seriously... laughing

* the teachings of Jesus in the Bible are far more superior than any teaching, in my opinion, especially that of Buddha's, by the way... big grin

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by peejayd
* i somehow kinda learned how to tolerate mr.shakyamunison's posts and Christian-bashing... it just makes me feel contented by not replying to him and by not taking his posts too seriously... laughing

* the teachings of Jesus in the Bible are far more superior than any teaching, in my opinion, especially that of Buddha's, by the way... big grin

You are too sensitive. I may radel your cage, but I never "Christian bash". But I understand why you would say that; just because someone is questioning your beliefs, does not mean they are "Christian-bashing" Now the guy who wrote the article at the start of the thread was "Christian-bashing".

dadudemon
You are too sensitive. I may radel your cage, but I never "Christian bash". But I understand why you would say that; just because someone is questioning your beliefs, does not mean they are "Christian-bashing" Now the guy who wrote the article at the start of the thread was "Christian-bashing".

Indeed. I'd say you don't bash the teachings, per se. Rather, you bash the idiocy of some Christian practices...which I do as well. In fact, you've praised some of the teachings of Christianity.

peejayd
In fact, you've praised some of the teachings of Christianity.

* this i gotta see... do tell! smile

Thundar

Exactly right.

I'm a Buddhist now. I don't follow the teachings of the bible. I think they are inferior to the teachings of Buddha. Your religion is irrelevant. You said that if you could find a way to survive without money you would. I provided a solution to your dependancy on money, now it is for you to act on it.

* this i gotta see... do tell! smile he praised the teaching that we should live without material posessions.

Shakyamunison
Your religion is irrelevant. You said that if you could find a way to survive without money you would. I provided a solution to your dependancy on money, now it is for you to act on it.

I've come to the opinion that people who start with "Your (fill in) is irrelevant" are themselves is irrelevant.

he praised the teaching that we should live without material posessions.

Personal attacks? You truly are is irrelevant.

Ordo
* this i gotta see... do tell! smile

This is the sort of typical reactionary approach that plagues an unfortunately large population of Christians.

Any criticism is seen as an attack, as if everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of fact. Then comes the demonization, where the questioner is abstracted into something that is against them in every way without exception.

....a sheer lack of mental testicles....

I've come to the opinion that people who start with "Your (fill in) is irrelevant" are themselves is irrelevant.
No, by "your religion is irrelevant" I meant that your religion is not a factor. It doesn't have any sway on the argument. You said you would live without material posessions if you could. Christian or Bhudist or Scientologist, you said this. After saying this, I asked you if you truly would, and you constantly said that you were "bhudist, not christian" which is not a factor in what you yourself have said you would do.

My remark was in response to "* this i gotta see... do tell!", posted by Peejayd. It was in no way, shape, or form a personal attack. You have in fact praised the teaching that we should live without material posessions according to the christian religion.

Please, read the argument before you post this time.

Shakyamunison

Shakyamunison
Ok fine. I will "except" responsibility for my part of the conversation.

Everyone is responsible except me!

I made my point perfectly clear and clarified myself multiple times. You chose to read key words like "Religion" and "irrelevant" and guess what I was saying in the rest of my posts.

I did not actually say anything about your point being clear or not. I was giving you an example of how your approach would lead to conflict.

Do you under stand why it is not required for me to give up anything, while Christians must give up worldly possessions?

I did not actually say anything about your point being clear or not. I was giving you an example of how your approach would lead to conflict.

Do you under stand why it is not required for me to give up anything, while Christians must give up worldly possessions? You said you would if you could, but nobody is required to follow their word.

And good job on averting complete failure. By not getting heated about my Grammatical National Socialism you succeeded.

Shakyamunison
You said you would if you could, but nobody is required to follow their word.

I don't remember ever saying I was going to do anything. I was only talking about wants, and we don't always get what we want.

And good job on averting complete failure. By not getting heated about my Grammatical National Socialism you succeeded.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Now would you please answer my question?

I don't remember ever saying I was going to do anything. I was only talking about wants, and we don't always get what we want.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Now would you please answer my question? uh..... i feel like saying No just for the heck of it but yes I will please answer your question.

Shakyamunison
uh..... i feel like saying No just for the heck of it but yes I will please answer your question.

OK. I will wait.

OK. I will wait. I was talking about wants. We all know we don't get what we want.

Shakyamunison
I was talking about wants. We all know we don't get what we want.

We are off topic.

Red Nemesis
Anderson:

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6286/14lt5.jpg

there were so many duplicate headslaps.

peejayd
This is the sort of typical reactionary approach that plagues an unfortunately large population of Christians.

Any criticism is seen as an attack, as if everyone is entitled to their own opinion regardless of fact. Then comes the demonization, where the questioner is abstracted into something that is against them in every way without exception.

....a sheer lack of mental testicles....

* once again, the ever-"valiant" mr.ordo picks on me, i'm so honored... the forum is dominated by this "if-you're-a-christian-you're-dumb" thingy, then if someone tries to defend Christianity, you say we're sensitive... and for the love of anyone with rational thinking, what mr.shakyamunison is doing is a blatant Christian-bashing, don't try to cover up the obvious, unless you're delusional and stupid... and by saying mr.shakyamunison praise some teachings of Christianity shocks me, see my enthusiasm? that's why i want to know...

* now, my question to you mr.ordo is, if you do not believe in God, does that spare you from being rude like what you're doing to me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

* quit picking on me, please? laughing

Shakyamunison
* once again, the ever-"valiant" mr.ordo picks on me, i'm so honored... the forum is dominated by this "if-you're-a-christian-you're-dumb" thingy, then if someone tries to defend Christianity, you say we're sensitive... and for the love of anyone with rational thinking, what mr.shakyamunison is doing is a blatant Christian-bashing, don't try to cover up the obvious, unless you're delusional and stupid... and by saying mr.shakyamunison praise some teachings of Christianity shocks me, see my enthusiasm? that's why i want to know...

* now, my question to you mr.ordo is, if you do not believe in God, does that spare you from being rude like what you're doing to me? roll eyes (sarcastic)

* quit picking on me, please? laughing

This is a debate forum. Here we debate religious ideas.

Let me help you:

Forum Rules
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

When a person attacks your beliefs, that is not considered bashing. Bashing is a personal attack. I understand that you take your religion personally, but that is your problem, not mine or anyone else's. You should consider turning off the computer, and doing something else, when you feel that Christianity is being bashed.

Symmetric Chaos
This is a debate forum. Here we debate religious ideas.

Let me help you:

Forum Rules
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/misc.php?action=rules

Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

When a person attacks your beliefs, that is not considered bashing. Bashing is a personal attack. I understand that you take your religion personally, but that is your problem, not mine or anyone else's. You should consider turning off the computer, and doing something else, when you feel that Christianity is being bashed.

What? Are you some sort of idiot?

Ordo did personally attack him by saying that he had a "lack of mental testicles". Not to mention that by identifying a person as part of a group and then attacking the group you're clearly attacking that person.

Seriously, it's like before you can become a Buddhist you have to smash your head against a wall a few times to get rid of the "not being a completely hypocritical moron" parts of the brain.

peejayd
* that's the reason i say "Christian-bashing" because time and time again you bash Christianity... the attack is not on me but on Christianity... and a "true Christian test" thread created by a self-proclaimed Buddhist is a spite... now, if you're enjoying creating spite threads demeaning Christians and their belief, go ahead, but don't say we're too sensitive when we are forced to defend our belief... and of course, only small percentage of forumers would agree with me because this so-called "Religion Forum" is dominated by people who reject Christianity... and i say, "The Lord rebuke you!" because time will come you realize all mistakes you've done...

What? Are you some sort of idiot?

http://imgsrv.kmbz.com/image/kmbz/UserFiles/Image/Brian%5C%27s%20Pics/captain_obvious.jpg
I mean honestly... you had to ask?

He misread my posts constantly insisting that his translation of my impeccable english was more correct than mine. After this he accused me of personally attacking him when supporting him and then told me to "Except responsibility".

I don't know how you define idiot, but that matches my criteria.

Shakyamunison
* that's the reason i say "Christian-bashing" because time and time again you bash Christianity... the attack is not on me but on Christianity... and a "true Christian test" thread created by a self-proclaimed Buddhist is a spite... now, if you're enjoying creating spite threads demeaning Christians and their belief, go ahead, but don't say we're too sensitive when we are forced to defend our belief... and of course, only small percentage of forumers would agree with me because this so-called "Religion Forum" is dominated by people who reject Christianity... and i say, "The Lord rebuke you!" because time will come you realize all mistakes you've done...

Don't listen to Symmetric Chaos, he just want to insult you.

If the attack is not on you, then why would you care? I mean, are you telling me that Christianity is not big enough to take criticism? Is your religion so weak that anything said by someone not of your religion requires that you suffer?

When someone says something stupid about Buddhism, I'm all over it, but I never suffer over it. It honestly sounds like, to me, that you feel pain when someone attacks Christianity.

Just look at some of the anti-Buddhist threads on this forum. I have a lot of fun with it. The only time I ever got upset at a Christian was for spamming an informational Buddhist thread. You should try to have more fun. Otherwise, what's the point?

Shakyamunison
...I mean honestly... you had to ask?

He misread my posts constantly insisting that his translation of my impeccable english was more correct than mine. After this he accused me of personally attacking him when supporting him and then told me to "Except responsibility".

I don't know how you define idiot, but that matches my criteria.

So, you still refuse to take responsibility for your part of the communication? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6286/14lt5.jpg

peejayd
* doh i'm done with this thread anyway... wink

Shakyamunison

Just don't suffer over it.

peejayd
* i don't... i'm cool... smile

So, you still refuse to take responsibility for your part of the communication? roll eyes (sarcastic)

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/6286/14lt5.jpg you are such a moron.

1. Nice job on stealing red's shit. I mean it's good shit but it's unoriginal for you to do it in the same page as him.

2. Accept responsibility for what? Moron. Of course i took part in the conversation. I have no idea what you want from me.Originally posted by peejayd

Shakyamunison
you are such a moron.

1. Nice job on stealing red's shit. I mean it's good shit but it's unoriginal for you to do it in the same page as him.

2. Accept responsibility for what? Moron. Of course i took part in the conversation. I have no idea what you want from me.

Translation: I can't debate you, so I will insult you.

I can't debate you, so I will insult you. Ain't it the truth?

the reason I can't debate with you is because you don't read my posts.

Shakyamunison
the reason I can't debate with you is because you don't read my posts.

Then how did I read this one?

I guess I've never said anything like "I have no idea what you are talking about." Maybe that indicated that I read your posts, but had no idea what you were talking about.

When someone doesn't understand what you are talking about, what do you think is the reason?

A: The person is an idiot.
B: I failed to communicate my idea in a manner that the other person can understand.

I think you always go for A. However, most of the time it is B.

Red Nemesis
there were so many duplicate headslaps.

I bet it was hard finding the right colors to make the picard superimage.

I think you always go for A. However, most of the time it is B. Accept for in this case.

See what I did there?

Shakyamunison
Accept for in this case.

See what I did there?

No, I do not see what you did, nor do I understand what you are talking about. Also, what does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread?

No, I do not see what you did, nor do I understand what you are talking about. Also, what does any of this have to do with the topic of the thread? Nothing. It's just fun to call you an idiot and watch you back-pedal.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>