Stargate Universe

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
premieres tomorrow on syfy.

some of the cast

thoughts? opinions?

-Pr-
interested. watched both series in their entirety, and even though SG-1 suffered massively once O'Neill was no longer team leader, it was ok. Same as Atlantis. Quietly hopeful about this. Ming Na is in it, which is always good...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by -Pr-
interested. watched both series in their entirety, and even though SG-1 suffered massively once O'Neill was no longer team leader, it was ok. Same as Atlantis. Quietly hopeful about this. Ming Na is in it, which is always good...

i am interest as well... i watched both sg-1 and atlantis, but liked atlantis more...

Also i hope they have good weaponry and face good villians

BruceSkywalker
i liked the first show... very interesting

Ms.Marvel
i liked it too. um... the fat guy whose name i cant remember kind of irritates me though. laughing out loud

~:Mr.Anderson:~
I found the first episode kind of boring, but only because my sister spent her life watching flight 29 down.

I found a way to predict what everyone was going to do within the first 5 minutes of the show.

Scientist guy: going to do whatever the hell he wants and find a way to get everyone to the 9 digit address. Then he will continue to douche things up for the rest of the show.

annoying fat guy is going to come on act like an idiot but eventually make a bunch of lucky guesses that save their asses.

young atttractive dude is going to take charge

old asian dude is going to get mortally wounded

and the senator is going to die.

It was less boring than the original stargate though. At least there's survival at risk here.

-Pr-
It was ok. Not great, not crap, just... Ok. It had more of a relationship with the past series' than i was expecting, which was a plus. Predictability aside (even though that seems to be commonplace in television nowadays), i thought it was an encouraging start. Just have to see if the show has the legs to keep it going.

A sex scene in stargate, though. That was new.

Admiral Akbar

A sex scene in stargate, though. That was new.

And totally unnecessary.

-Pr-
watched episode 3. though it was a good ending to the arc, and it wraps things up nicely so that we can start seeing some aliens next week hopefully...

BruceSkywalker
watched episode 3. though it was a good ending to the arc, and it wraps things up nicely so that we can start seeing some aliens next week hopefully...

i hope this crew has a good has a good villain

-Pr-
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
i hope this crew has a good has a good villain

me too. i didn't like the wraith or the ori at first, but i came around. hopefully these guys will have something just as good...

BruceSkywalker
me too. i didn't like the wraith or the ori at first, but i came around. hopefully these guys will have something just as good...

exactly, i want them to face a very good villain that will last a long time

~:Mr.Anderson:~
watched episode 3. though it was a good ending to the arc, and it wraps things up nicely so that we can start seeing some aliens next week hopefully... where do you live? We only have 1 and 2.

I didn't like any of the star gate villains because they all looked like they were metrosexual. Skin tight gold armor and huge metal snake hats? The only one that came close was the metal spider things.

-Pr-
exactly, i want them to face a very good villain that will last a long time

me too.

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
where do you live? We only have 1 and 2.

I didn't like any of the star gate villains because they all looked like they were metrosexual. Skin tight gold armor and huge metal snake hats? The only one that came close was the metal spider things.

canada, but i watch it online.

Admiral Akbar
Originally posted by One Free Man
where do you live? We only have 1 and 2.

Unfortunately that's what a low budget series will give you. How else do you expect aliens to pose as earth gods if you don't include emulating the cultures and religions of that planet?

-Pr-
watched the latest episode. yeah, i sure didn't see THAT coming. ermm

Kaworori
watched the latest episode. yeah, i sure didn't see THAT coming. ermm

Yeah, but it was the way it was done that was quite spectacular in my opinion. Science fiction seems to bottle necked so much into being social commentary (which is no bad thing) that it sometimes forgets to create awe inspiring moments.

Not a fan of Stargate, never seen Atlantis and never wanted to, but SGU seems to be worth watching in my opinion. It's nothing particularly original, the cast (with the exception of Carlyle and the guy playing Steve McQueen) don't have the gravitas of half the cast of BSG, the lack of dramatic impetus is clear but its certainly not half bad! It's got a way to go, but once it becomes more confident, once Rush's character is cracked open, it seems like it will become an excellent show.

BruceSkywalker
last night's show was all right..

i just wish they would introduce a good villain for this crew to fight

-Pr-
Originally posted by Kaworori
Yeah, but it was the way it was done that was quite spectacular in my opinion. Science fiction seems to bottle necked so much into being social commentary (which is no bad thing) that it sometimes forgets to create awe inspiring moments.

Not a fan of Stargate, never seen Atlantis and never wanted to, but SGU seems to be worth watching in my opinion. It's nothing particularly original, the cast (with the exception of Carlyle and the guy playing Steve McQueen) don't have the gravitas of half the cast of BSG, the lack of dramatic impetus is clear but its certainly not half bad! It's got a way to go, but once it becomes more confident, once Rush's character is cracked open, it seems like it will become an excellent show.

maybe.

last night's show was all right..

i just wish they would introduce a good villain for this crew to fight

me too.

i think the main problem is that they have to get past the power/air/water shortages that have been plaguing them, and yet when they do, there's nothing to stop them from dialling earth. they need to come up with a workaround...

BruceSkywalker
maybe.

me too.

i think the main problem is that they have to get past the power/air/water shortages that have been plaguing them, and yet when they do, there's nothing to stop them from dialling earth. they need to come up with a workaround...

agreed

Admiral Akbar
maybe.

me too.

I don't think they will get past the shortages. It wont be long before they are out again and need to restock. Plus the ship seems to have a mind of its own and gets power when it needs it. I also don't think Rush wants to go back to earth. :P

Dave_97
I've yet to watch SGU.
how does it stack up?, can it hold its own with SG-1 or SGA?

Shey Tapani
It can hold on its own if you like character based episodes and next episode we are going to see some aliens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.