wolverine vs. mr.freeze

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scifinut
who wins?

The Nuul
Wolverine, his HF will prevent him from freezing.

KingD19
Besides, training with Iceman for many years has probably given him some idea on how to fight a freezer.

StiltmanFTW
Don't know much about Mr Freeze, but I'll just throw my two cents.

Wolverine fought Iceman Sentinel X and psionic construct Iceman (or whatever that was, can't remember) and did pretty good.

Scans are in jinzin's respect thread, one link is not working now though. If anyone's interested I can later find that issue and post the scan...

dmills
Originally posted by The Nuul
Wolverine, his HF will prevent him from freezing. How can his healing factor prevent him from freezing?

KingD19
He means his HF will keep him from being incapacited, ko'd, or killed if he is frozen. After all, Logan has slept naked in sub zero temps before, and he was just fine.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by dmills
How can his healing factor prevent him from freezing?

Sarcasm I believe.

Anyway, Logan has the ability called insulated weather adaptation which likely is a by-product of his HF. He can cope with freeze blasts, wade through them even, but sooner or later he'll get stuck for good (well, for enough time to call Victor the winner).

I have no idea how powerful Freeze's ray gun is, so I can't say what this fight would look like. Is it capable of shooting wide blasts, etc.? Does Freeze have superhuman reflexes?

BruceSkywalker
logan stomps

KingD19
Freeze is just a regular guy with a gun that as far as I know only shoots beams in a narrow radius.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by KingD19
Freeze is just a regular guy with a gun that as far as I know only shoots beams in a narrow radius.

I dunno, wikipedia says that his exo-suit grants him super strength stick out tongue Not that it's gonna help here.

jalek moye
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I dunno, wikipedia says that his exo-suit grants him super strength stick out tongue Not that it's gonna help here.
It would help him alittle it, like to get wolverine off him for like half a second maybe. just a minor add i guess

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jalek moye
It would help him alittle it, like to get wolverine off him for like half a second maybe. just a minor add i guess

Sure, it wouldn't be completely useless. Didn't mean that.

Freeze needs high lv accuracy here, Logan has much experience with dodging energy blasts... there is even an entire section in the respect thread.

KingD19
YEah, the suit gives him strength, but not more than CL 5 I believe.

-K-M-
as I know only shoots beams in a narrow radius.

No he can cover a large radius too, and has shown to "freeze" an entire room of people in seconds.

KingD19
Well, ya learn something every day I suppose.

dmills
Sarcasm I believe.

Anyway, Logan has the ability called insulated weather adaptation which likely is a by-product of his HF. He can cope with freeze blasts, wade through them even, but sooner or later he'll get stuck for good (well, for enough time to call Victor the winner).

I have no idea how powerful Freeze's ray gun is, so I can't say what this fight would look like. Is it capable of shooting wide blasts, etc.? Does Freeze have superhuman reflexes?

Cool. No pun intended wink

I actually don't have a problem with this ability. It seems to me that based on his origin and his natural abilities, adaption to extreme elements is well within reason.

chomperx9
wolverine to quick for freeze. wolvie cuts off his scuba gear and bam lets freeze die

vansonbee
I doubt Wolverine will lose 10/10 though, majority to Freeze.

D_Dude1210
Logan has fought freezers (aka. Iceman, he'll know what to do) in training before. Has Freeze fought bladed super agile opponents before?

KingD19
Does Batman holding batarangs between his fingers count?

jasofisc
8 out of 10 majorty for Wolverine

psycho gundam
even split imo.

if freeze hits him once, it's over since he should be able to apply more layers to win by incapacitation. other times he gets diced.

KingD19
So Mr. Freeze, is going to freeze a guy who routinely trains with Iceman, and has recently been fighting Mimic?

StiltmanFTW

psycho gundam
So Mr. Freeze, is going to freeze a guy who routinely trains with Iceman, and has recently been fighting Mimic? just seems sketchy that logan can't be frozen by any of them, it's not like he's radiating heat of has a force field or something. he has high resistance to cold, but not that powerful.

and in that scan, angel > iceman.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by psycho gundam

flight > ice manipulation biscuits

Found it... Wolverine vs. Xavier's illusion:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1999/uncannyxmen10609.th.jpg

Starting distance is too much methinks...

Parmaniac
I'm not sure but isn't Mr. Freeze's freeze beam working different than Icemans icebeam? I mean Iceman shots ICE (frozen water) and Mr. Freeze shots a beam that freezes what it hits.

KingD19
Iceman is so far beyond Freeze, it's ridiculous to compare them.

StiltmanFTW
Freeze blasts usually work similar. Just ask Batman who's got attacked by Killer Frost, Icicle, Captain Cold and Mister Freeze at the same time. The result? The Bat encased in ice.

Mshinu
Wolvie rops the suit off him and uses it as a cooler for his beer

psycho gundam
flight > ice manipulation biscuits

Found it... Wolverine vs. Xavier's illusion:

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/1999/uncannyxmen10609.th.jpg

Starting distance is too much methinks... it's inexplicable how wolverine got out of the ice block in the scan following the one where he breaks the ice slide.

he gets out of it before iceman even hits the ground, and he's not even damp. O_o

StiltmanFTW
it's inexplicable how wolverine got out of the ice block in the scan following the one where he breaks the ice slide.

he gets out of it before iceman even hits the ground, and he's not even damp. O_o

Yeah, it was depicted very poorly. We can only speculate. Maybe Iceman bounced off that ice trap, causing it to crack and then hit the ground? Maybe Logan used his "faster than human eyes can follow" speed, sheathed the claws, bended his arm, popped them again and cut his way out?

There is also a possibility that he was still partially encased in the ice in the fourth panel.

psycho gundam
There is also a PossIbility that he was Still partially encased in the ice in the fourth panel. wink

Parmaniac
wink

laughing thumb up

grimify
just seems sketchy that logan can't be frozen by any of them, it's not like he's radiating heat of has a force field or something. he has high resistance to cold, but not that powerful.

Little known fact: Wolverine is resistant to being frozen because he's such a flaming homosexual.

StiltmanFTW
wink

laughing out loud

Good thing we're not talking here about Ultimate Millarverine. He didn't even need his arms loose to break free yes

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by grimify
Little known fact: Wolverine is resistant to being frozen because he's such a flaming homosexual.
Oh man.

psycho gundam
*calls battlehammer, srankmissingnin, and jinzin*

namorsubby
if wolvie gets hit....he loses......that being said.....i've seen batman dodged freeze's ice beams......wolvie could most of the time

wolverine 8-9/10

psycho gundam
Originally posted by dmills
How can his healing factor prevent him from freezing? it doesn't, he does however have a body far more suited to cold weather and harsh environments just like sabretooth does. neither of them really have to wear much clothing in sub-zero temperatures, it's a mutation they both share, among other traits.

anyway, what temperature does freeze use on average? that's a big issue most are overlooking, logan's ability to withstand cold isn't absolute. IF freeze can even hit him, and he's using a very low temperature, i guess he can win right?

Mindset
Originally posted by grimify
Little known fact: Wolverine is resistant to being frozen because he's such a flaming homosexual. lmao

shiv
If Vic actually wanted to kill Batman He would have done it a long time ago.

Mr Freeze's device has a hypersonic wide angle beam . His handheld device may be shaped like a gun. But it sure as hell is not limited to producing shells and straight line energy projection.

Mr Freeze 10/10.

Freeze holds logan in solidice -omega red style- at a temperature near absolute zero, And leaves a minion to shatter it -Gotham Central- style into a million pieces.

The skeleton will make a nice coat hanger.

dmills
laughing

dmills
*calls battlehammer, srankmissingnin, and jinzin* In 5,4,3,2,1...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.