wolverine runs the jaw breaking gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jebadaya
here is the thing i will give a list of characters and just write down who do you think can break wolverine's adamantium jaw with a single punch

spider-man

luke cage

the thing

colossus

WWH

trion juggernaut

superman 1 million

super boy prime

king thor

SamZED
Um.. noone?

The Nuul
None.

KingD19
Since ya know.....Adamantium is unbreakable.

jebadaya
well and if king thor is using his mjolnir hammer

and we add thanos into this?

KingD19
Doesn't matter, his jaw is still unbreakable. Unless you allow King Thor/Thanos to manipulate the molecular bonding when they hit him. Now if you put Magneto on here, he could probably dislocate his jaw with his powers, but no one is physically breaking adamantium.

StiltmanFTW
Give Thanos the infinity gauntlet and he'll break Logan's jaw.

Thor at his best w/ Odinforce and Mjolnir could maybe make a dent in it... not sure, heard he did that with Cap's shield.

jebadaya
well i know they say damantium is unbreakable and everything but still...dont you think there are beings in the comics universe that can break an adamantium jaw with a punch? something like an ultimate falcon punch i mean a punch that can shatter an entire planet cant it break his jaw?

SuperLuigi
Originally posted by jebadaya
well i know they say damantium is unbreakable and everything but still...dont you think there are beings in the comics universe that can break an adamantium jaw with a punch? something like an ultimate falcon punch i mean a punch that can shatter an entire planet cant it break his jaw?

the falcon punch was a light show that didnt destroy anything.

KingD19
Well obviously things like the IG can do it, but no one can physically break it, like Stilt said, Thor might be able to dent it, but I doubt it. I think the whole reason Thor dented the shield was because he temporarily overloaded it's energy storing capacity. Adamantium however is just durable, so there's nothing to overload.

Galan007
trion juggy
superman m*
superboy prime

sorry, but each of them can easily shatter through dimensional barriers with brute force alone. i have a very hard time believing wolverine's jaw can hold up to THAT type of power...

KingD19
Trion didn't use force, it was a part of his powers, and yes, the other 2 did break through dimensional barriers. But it's a known fact that Adamantium can't be damaged by anything less than molecular manipulation, a straight punch won't do it.

Galan007
Originally posted by KingD19
the other 2 did break through dimensional barriers. But it's a known fact that Adamantium can't be damaged by anything less than molecular manipulation, a straight punch won't do it. unless a character with dimension-shattering strength has tried, and failed, to break adamantium, then how can it be assumed said 'method' would be ineffective?

KingD19
Because, the only person who ever damaged adamantium was Hulk, he crushed a room of secondary adamantium, I think he broke a needle of it, and he dented Ultron. All those were retconned I believe.

And it's been stated that you have to rearrange it on a molecular level to damage it, punches won't do it.

Galan007
Originally posted by Galan007
unless a character with dimension-shattering strength has tried, and failed, to break adamantium, then how can it be assumed said 'method' would be ineffective? and i'm fairly confident that punches sufficient to break through dimensions would have molecular rearranging properties. i mean, how couldn't they?

KingD19
Because apparently in DC, you can hit so hard that you actually break through the walls of reality.

And why would you quote yourself?

Galan007
because the point i made still stands.

StiltmanFTW
I think he broke a needle of it

Ultimate Universe and off-panel.

Juntai
because the point i made still stands. laughing

KingD19
No it doesn't. The way the rule works, unless something proves that it can break adamantium, then it can't. Not the other way around, so since nothing purely physical has been proven to damage adamantium, nothing purely physical can.

KingD19
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Ultimate Universe and off-panel.

I remember now, he was straining when the thing was trying to push into his neck.

Galan007
No it doesn't. The way the rule works, unless something proves that it can break adamantium, then it can't. Not the other way around, so since nothing purely physical has been proven to damage adamantium, nothing purely physical can. a character with dimension-busting strength has never tried to break adamantium though. that said, why are you assuming it still could never happen? because of statements?

Philosophía
Lulz.

KingD19
So until something with the physical force you mentioned comes along and does damage adamantium, then it can't damage adamantium. Thems the rules we abide by.

And yes, I take canon, comic statements over your arguments.

Galan007
So until something with the physical force you mentioned comes along and does, then it can't damage adamantium. Thems the rules we abide by. laughing out loud

StiltmanFTW
I remember now, he was straining when the thing was trying to push into his neck.

He was briefly stunned by Captain America. I think Hulk dislocated his arm when Steve tried to inject him so he could revert to Banner. Wasp or someone stated that he broke the needle, we didn't see that though.

KingD19
Galam, may I ask what's so funny?

Knowsbleed33
Trion didn't use force, it was a part of his powers

He used force.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
He used force.

Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Knowsbleed33
"Hey Luke...May the force be with you."

Master Court
I'm sure adamantium can be broken by physical force. It'd be impossible to be impossible to break. Unfortunately, the f*cking writers have managed to have Wolverine avoid anybody under suspicion of wielding the power to do it. That said, the rules are "can't" until proven "can", even though physically speaking it has to be "can". And what's more, you can damage Wolverine very easily, to any effect, without needing to use the force it would take to damage adamantium. So characters like WWHulk may be pummeling Wolverine badly, but without the desire to break the adamantium, the force applied in no way works into calculating the suspected force it would take to break or even damage adamantium. WWHulk was clearly stating his intention was merely to incapacitate Wolverine by doing sufficient damage to the brain beyond what Wolverine's HF could heal before Hulk's objective was complete. Thor has damaged adamantium before. Wonder Man smashed up the secondary adamantium Ultron. Hulk's blunt durability is supposedly better than adamantium as seen in his scrap with the Dog O' War. But the bottom line is, we've never seen an attempt at completely breaking adamantium before. So, based on what have seen, we can only assume adamantium can't be broken by anything Wolverine has ever taken. Although it remains to be seen whether or not the bricks Wolverine has fought were truly giving it their all, and if breaking the adamantium ever crossed their mind and became a part of their game plan. Until then, adamantium is for all intents and purposes, indestructible.

Blanket
No it doesn't. The way the rule works, unless something proves that it can break adamantium, then it can't. Not the other way around, so since nothing purely physical has been proven to damage adamantium, nothing purely physical can. Nothing has cut Sentry, nothing can. Nothing has killed Luke Cage, nothing can. Nothing has ever pooped on panel, nothing can.

Nintendium would destroy adamatium though.

Kris Blaze
So until something with the physical force you mentioned comes along and does damage adamantium, then it can't damage adamantium. Thems the rules we abide by.

Thor's dented or broken vibranium, uru and adamantium.

Where is your god now?

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Thor's dented or broken adamantium.

Where is your god now?

Except for the fact that no-one could actually see the supposed 'dent' Thor claimed he'd made. Even SHIELD's most advanced scanners couldn't detect the adamantium had been damaged in any way.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Except for the fact that no-one could actually see the supposed 'dent' Thor claimed he'd made. Even SHIELD's most advanced scanners couldn't detect the adamantium had been damaged in any way.

Whatcho talking about?

Thor broke adamantium coils, he carved through Uru and he created a bulk in Captain America's shield. The first two happened physically and the third was with a Mjolnir blow.

SoulDevourer
King Thor put a BIG dent in Caps sheild with his hammer and the sheild is more durable then adamantium1, so Wolvies jaw can be broken

also Hulk dented ultron (the real one) with his bear fists and he wasnt even that pissed

superman prime no problem, he can toss neutron stars like a basball & take out a solar system with sneeze. he wont need 2 punch Wolvie laughing out loud

jebadaya
the thing is no one ever focus there punches at full power against wolverine because they know they don't have to hit him with full power in order to send him flying but if those characters focus there punches for his jaw in order to brake it and hit him full power no holding back i think it might be interesting

Wolverine2006
nobody can break an adamantium jaw.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Wolverine2006
nobody can break an adamantium jaw.

Nobody in the entire MU, DCU or anywhere?

Wolverine2006
who's going to break an unbreakable jaw?

Galan007
Whatcho talking about?

Thor broke adamantium coils, he carved through Uru and he created a bulk in Captain America's shield. The first two happened physically and the third was with a Mjolnir blow. when did all that happen?

Wei Phoenix
who's going to break an unbreakable jaw?

Unbreakable is a subjective term to be honest. Are you telling me that Adamantium is greater than Galactus, Exitar, Living Tribunal, Tiamut, etc? If someone can punch through reality and dimensions you don't think they can do anything to Adamantium?

Wolverine2006
idk probably not. so until i see someone break adamantium it will remain unbreakable.

Wei Phoenix
idk probably not. so until i see someone break adamantium it will remain unbreakable.

Bwahaha...now I must ask if you know who those people are? It's good to know that a few human scientists were able to create metal that could celestials and other cosmic entities or people that can punch through reality.
Also, see below statement.
Originally posted by Blanket
Nothing has cut Sentry, nothing can. Nothing has killed Luke Cage, nothing can. Nothing has ever pooped on panel, nothing can.

Nintendium would destroy adamatium though.

Wolverine2006
i dont know exactly who some of them are. but i get the idea, they're really powerful cosmic entities who can punch through dimensions or whatever. and your examples are lame and do not apply the same way. no one has ever said luke cage cant die, and he's been close to dying before...because of an adamantium wound. adamantium is said to be unbreakable so until proven otherwise it is.

Wei Phoenix
i dont know exactly who some of them are. but i get the idea, they're really powerful cosmic entities who can punch through dimensions or whatever. and your examples are lame and do not apply the same way. no one has ever said luke cage cant die, and he's been close to dying before...because of an adamantium wound. adamantium is said to be unbreakable so until proven otherwise it is.

They're lame because they can do it? Guess what dude, Juggernaut and Prime have both punched through reality/dimensions with ease and they're in this gauntlet. You miss the point about the Luke Cage reference. You can go right ahead thinking the big guys and the cosmic guns can't break adamantium. That's like me saying Galactus can't stop Juggernaut.

jebadaya

it was stated by humans that its unbreakable because for an ordenery human being thats really the case, but it was never stated by higher beings like thor or galactus that its unbreakable so until someone who is really above human ability will state that? there isnt any proof that its unbreakable.

is was also stated that nothing can stop the juggernaut but if you tell me that no one really can stop him i will laugh at you very hard

Wolverine2006
ok. i get what your saying about juggernaut and galactus. that makes a lot more sense. so maybe characters on galactus' level. but neither thor or juggernaut can break adamantium. its just not happening.

Parmaniac
ok. i get what your saying about juggernaut and galactus. that makes a lot more sense. so maybe characters on galactus' level. but neither thor or juggernaut can break adamantium. its just not happening.

that's Trion Juggs and King Thor, BIG difference

Parmaniac
EDIT

chilled monkey
Whatcho talking about?

Thor broke adamantium coils

What YOU talking about? I've never heard of that.

I'm talking about when he hit an adamantium piller as hard as he could with his hammer and claimed he'd dented it. As I mentioned, nobody else could see anything of the sort.

Originally posted by SoulDevourer
King Thor put a BIG dent in Caps sheild with his hammer and the sheild is more durable then adamantium1, so Wolvies jaw can be broken

No. As KingD19 pointed out, Cap's shield works by absorbing kinetic energy and King Thor's attack overloaded it. Adamantium doesn't absorb kinetic energy; it just has very strong moleculer bonds. It's a case of trying to compare apples and oranges

KingD19
Yeah, if Cap's shield was just durable, whenever someone like Hulk or Thor hit it, Caps arm would be broken. If the shield got hit by an energy blast, he would be sent flying as a result, but since it absorbs impacts and kinetic energy, he can do things like take a full on Hulk punch and not even budge.

KingD19
Originally posted by Master Court So characters like WWHulk may be pummeling Wolverine badly, but without the desire to break the adamantium, the force applied in no way works into calculating the suspected force it would take to break or even damage adamantium. WWHulk was clearly stating his intention was merely to incapacitate Wolverine by doing sufficient damage to the brain beyond what Wolverine's HF could heal before Hulk's objective was complete. Thor has damaged adamantium before. Wonder Man smashed up the secondary adamantium Ultron. Hulk's blunt durability is supposedly better than adamantium as seen in his scrap with the Dog O' War.

Didn't WWH say something along the lines of he knew he couldn't damage Wolverine's skeleton, but he could take him out of the fight, by hitting him in the head? Making him like a boxer who got ko'd one too many times???

And Hulk's durability against Adamantium is sketchy, sure he went up against a Dog O' War, but WWH got shredded by adamantium bullets, Savage Hulk has been clawed bloody by Wolverine more times than I can count, etc...

Kris Blaze
when did all that happen?

Avengers v3 63 and the other two were Journey into mystery which can be found in his respect thread.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by chilled monkey

No. As KingD19 pointed out, Cap's shield works by absorbing kinetic energy and King Thor's attack overloaded it. laughing out loud

that wuz complete BS. this like sayin like its made only o pure vibranium or somethin, BUT ITS NOT

every1 knows caps sheild is harder & that scientist say it on panel anyway

PLUS its got vibranium to absorb attacks

so RKT overload the vibranium AND he also break the "proto-adamantium" (or w/e its called, they never able to replicate it). so damagin the sheilds waaay harder then just damagin pure vibranium or pure adamantium cool

KingD19
Lol, the shield is virbanium and steel alloy. And like I said, it absorbs kinetc impact, which allows Cap to do everything he does with it, like not getting his upper body caved in when taking hits from Hulk.

So Thor damaging it is well within the realm of possibility that he overloaded the energy absorbing capabilities, and damaged the virbrnanium/steel mix as a result.

SoulDevourer
adamantiums also steel alloy ermmhappy

its the vibranium in the sheild that absorbs the impact & its the unknown alloy in the sheild that make it hard (harder then adamantium)

Wild Shadow
you have to admit that his logic is sound whether you agree with him or not.

KingD19
The alloy isn't unkown, it's Vibranium and Steel. The guy who made it was trying to make a metal as indestructible as Herc's Adamantine Mace. He was working on it when he fell asleep, and an unknown mixing agent caused the Vibranium and Steel to fuse, making it virtually indestructible, but more because of it's absorbing properties than just the durability of the metal. Now I'm not saying the metal isn't durable, but it isn't billed as just being indestructible, it's billed as being able to absorb any impact.

The proto-adamantium you're talking about is the agent that allowed the Vibranium and Steel to fuse successfully. And the only reason it's even called that sometimes is because when the same guy tried to recreate the mix without Vibranium and the unknown substance, he created true Adamantium instead.

SoulDevourer
no the sheild is a mix of vibranium and somethin else ITSELF an alloy o steel (like adamatium but harder)

WTF the scientist say so himself ONPANEL, adamantiums no match for the sheild. then he says they cant even take a sample off the sheild
vibranium alone aint that hard realy

basicaly the closest thing they coud make to replicate the sheild is mix vibranium+adamantium, better than vibranium or adamantium alone but still no match for the sheild

so to damage the sheild RKT had to overload the vibranium AND the rest o the energy had to be enuf to damage the other unknown stuff in the sheild (wich is like adamantium but harder)

anyway if RKT had hit a pure adamantium sheild with the same hit it would of caused even more damage cool

KingD19
You're wrong, the shield is always called a Vibranium-Steel alloy, that's what it is, the unkwown is something that allowed the Steel and Vibranium to bond.

And if you mixed Vibranium and Adamantium, you would get something that would be truly indestructible, and greater than the shield.

SoulDevourer
o yeah so basicaly u sayin the sheild (wich they cant replicate) is unique but not as hard as adamatium (wich they can replicate) yeah that makes sense roll eyes (sarcastic) whats the point in havin that sheild then? they coud just make pure vibranium sheild, that be better at absorbing energy

the proto-adamatiums IN the sheild its not like they filtered it out or somethin, lol

we know vibranium aint that hard. so if they CANT TAKE SAMPLE of the sheild then its because of the steel alloy in the sheild wich is harder then anythin else they can make even adamantium

anyway they said adamatiums no match for the sheild (ey dint I point it out like 3 times? ^^) so if that hit from RKT damaged the sheild then it could also damage pure adamantium & thats what count

oh and ftr adamatiums also a steel alloy

KingD19
I didn't say it wasn't as hard as Adamantium, I said it was billed for being indestructible, but more because of it's energy absorbing qualities than just being durable.

And I know Proto-Adamantium is in the shield, it's the unknown bonding agent that allowed the Vibranium and Steel bond.

And it's the mix of Steel Alloy and Vibranium that makes it so strong, not just the steel alloy itself.

SoulDevourer
ok think about it that way : if the other stuff in the sheild is plane steel, then the sheild would be easiest thing to break : dont strike it, just hold it & snap it in 2, or cut it with chainsaw or somethin lol

steel aint hard in MU (any lo-lvl meta can break it) and vibranium aint hard either

basicly your descripton of the sheild is like comparin it to Sebastian Shaw laughing out loud you cant kill him by hittin him but u can cut him with a blade or just break him in 2 or strangle-hold him lol

so the FACT that the sheild is harder then adamantium proves that the unknown steel aloy in it is harder then adamantium. PLUS its got xtra vibranium to make it even MORE indestructible smokin'

KingD19
I'm just going by actual info, not what I think. It's stated to be a Vibranium/Steel alloy mix, with an unknown agent that allowed them to bond, so that's what it is. And true, Steel isn't that strong, neither is Vibranium, but you never stopped to think that bonding the 2 together on a molecular level might add some durability to the mix?

And as for Shaw, you can't cut him either, his power saps the blade of all it's cutting energy.

So, the fact that the shield is billed as virtually indestructible just like adamantium, doesn't make the steel alloy stronger than adamantium, it means the vibranium/steel mix makes the metal practically indestructible. And what extrs Vibranium???

SoulDevourer
good so if the mix of the 2 makes it more durable then thats what counts : the sheild is both harder AND it also absorbs energy cool

so RKT damagin the sheild is not like he damage pure vibranium : its more impressive then damagin either vibranium or adamantium alone

btw i ment the vibranium added to the steel aloy to give it absorb properties

btw again, adamantiums also steel alloy big grin
it only have energy if u swing it @ hi-speed

if u throw sword @ him it wont cut him, but if u just press the sword against him like a scalpel then it go thru him like knife thru butter lol

Master Court
Didn't WWH say something along the lines of he knew he couldn't damage Wolverine's skeleton, but he could take him out of the fight, by hitting him in the head? Making him like a boxer who got ko'd one too many times???

And Hulk's durability against Adamantium is sketchy, sure he went up against a Dog O' War, but WWH got shredded by adamantium bullets, Savage Hulk has been clawed bloody by Wolverine more times than I can count, etc...

Nah, WWHulk said he knew he couldn't kill Wolverine. It makes sense. Hulk may be uber-strong, but he'd have no physical means of destroying Wolverine down to the cellular level. Even if he managed to take Wolverine's head off and stomp his brain into paste. Wolverine seems able to heal from basically anything, given enough time.

As for Hulk's durability. Well, the Dog O' War itself wasn't necessarily made of adamantium. It was merely stated as having the power to crush adamantium in like 6.7 seconds or something. Admittedly, we have no idea what grade, size, or quantity of adamantium the Dog O' War has been able to crush, but Hulk's only able to be cut by adamantium. That's what I was really pointing out. That Hulk's blunt durability is apparently greater than adamantium. After all, he's taken full-strength mjolnir shots to the skull, hard hits from planet busters, and has taken these hits like they were any other, but Thor has proven able to dent adamantium. So, I assume Hulk is more durable to blunt force than adamantium.

Spire
The last four can.

Wolverine2006
Originally posted by Parmaniac
that's Trion Juggs and King Thor, BIG difference

well. as far as ik neither have broken pure adamantium.

iceman24567

And if you mixed Vibranium and Adamantium, you would get something that would be truly indestructible, and greater than the shield. You would think so but then you would be wrong erm

KingD19
LET ME DREAM DAMNIT!!!!

iceman24567
LET ME DREAM DAMNIT!!!! I thought the same thing though eek!

KingD19
lol

Wei Phoenix
well. as far as ik neither have broken pure adamantium.

Neither, well at least Trion never tried.

manx422
SM 1M

Kris Blaze
I'm curious as to what you all thought it was Sym broke in Inferno?

so RKT overload the vibranium AND he also break the "proto-adamantium" (or w/e its called, they never able to replicate it). so damagin the sheilds waaay harder then just damagin pure vibranium or pure adamantium cool

Rune King Thor did no such thing, get your facts straight.

King Thor hit Cap's shield with his hammer -once- and then it was all fuuucked up.
Regular Thor was constricted by adamantium coils and broke them.
He also carved out a hammer from pure uru.

SoulDevourer

Rune King Thor did no such thing, get your facts straight.

King Thor hit Cap's shield with his hammer -once- and then it was all fuuucked up.?thats what i ment

RKT damage Caps sheild and you & Kingd19 are sayin its no big deal huh

Kris Blaze
?thats what i ment

RKT damage Caps sheild and you & Kingd19 are sayin its no big deal huh

RKT stands for RUNE KING THOR.

Rune King Thor and King Thor are -completely- different.

KingD19
I also never said it wasn't a big deal, I'm just using logic for how he damaged the shield. With the shield's specs, saying that Thor overloaded the kinetic absorbption abilities and damaged the metal in the same hit is very much within the realm of possibility.

SoulDevourer
point is who cares how he did it. if that blow coud damage Caps sheild then that SAME blow would of done more damage if the sheild was 100% adamantium smile

starlock
Jaw clears it

ColossusGrundy
If its to DISLOCATE his jaw, then half of them

To break it...not gonna happen unless a DC writer does it, Marvel is heck proud of their adamantium.

Some of those would be good fights though.

KingD19
You can't dislocate it, each socket, and things like that, have really tiny chains to make sure nothing moves how it's not supposed to.

Parmaniac
You can't dislocate it, each socket, and things like that, have really tiny chains to make sure nothing moves how it's not supposed to.

and what if we put little gremlins into his body to remove the hooks? shifty

FalconPunch
no one can hurt wolva

KingD19
That might work. Those gremlins from the bugs bunny cartoon were just....deadly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.