Thanos vs Darkseid with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

vansonbee
Thanos & Darkseid both obtain same source of ultimate power at the sametime, who will overcome in determination/willpower?

DarkOdin
Originally posted by vansonbee
Thanos & Darkseid both obtain same source of ultimate power at the sametime, who will overcome in determination/willpower?

Thanos 5/10 or 6/10

quanchi112
Originally posted by DarkOdin
Thanos 5/10 or 6/10 How does Thanos lose a single matchup? His willpower immediately adapted to the supreme being in marvel's the end. This is Thanos' 10 of 10.

vansonbee
So even putting in Anti-Life equations, won't give Darkseid 1 out 10 I guess?

King Kandy
Thanos easily wins. He was selected by God because his willpower was greater than anyone in marvel.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by King Kandy
Thanos easily wins. He was selected by God because his willpower was greater than anyone in marvel. thumb up

Badabing
Thanos loses. He always loses his ultimate power... durkseid

Wei Phoenix
Thanos easily wins. He was selected by God because his willpower was greater than anyone in marvel.

To be fair, Darkseid isn't in Marvel.

kevdude
Indeed Darkseid was dying and his will was enough to break everything all by himself, giving him even more power? Nice smokin'

Galan007
darkseid's will was such that instead of dying when his heart was shredded, like all other new gods - he 'fell' to the material world instead. then, through sheer force of will once more, he formed a singularity which was pulling the entire multiverse into a hell the WAS darkseid.

quite impressive, imo.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I know. But I doubt that Darkseid, who doesn't even have the greatest willpower in DC, has more than anyone in marvel. That seems blatantly DC-biased imo.

gogogadgetgo

or maybe coz God didn't want him around anymore and was too lazy to get rid of thanos himself, hence, he had thanos do his dirty work for him and had thanos restore everything except for himself.

so, problem solved, God didn't have to lift a finger, reality was restored and thanos was of his hair

stick out tongue

King Kandy
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
or maybe coz God didn't want him around anymore and was too lazy to get rid of thanos himself, hence, he had thanos do his dirty work for him and had thanos restore everything except for himself.

so, problem solved, God didn't have to lift a finger, reality was restored and thanos was of his hair

stick out tongue
It had to be Thanos, because he was the only one in existence who had the willpower to control THOTU and not be destroyed by it.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Badabing
Thanos loses. He always loses his ultimate power... durkseid Not in marvel's the end. wink Thanos would defeat Ds here and relinquish his power later on. He usually fends off all comers and then leaves the door open to some half beaten hero/villain clinging to life.Originally posted by Galan007
darkseid's will was such that instead of dying when his heart was shredded, like all other new gods - he 'fell' to the material world instead. then, through sheer force of will once more, he formed a singularity which was pulling the entire multiverse into a hell the WAS darkseid.

quite impressive, imo. Who wins this thread though?

thanos666
Mad Titan win the fight, no matter what

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007

quite impressive, imo.

True and that is impressive. However, I think TOAA saying Thanos was the only one capable of handling the HOTU because his will power was greater than all.. is more impressive IMO.

DarkOdin
Originally posted by quanchi112
How does Thanos lose a single matchup? His willpower immediately adapted to the supreme being in marvel's the end. This is Thanos' 10 of 10.

Because two being's with ulitmate power none would have the advantage to say one has better determination or will power is just doesn't even matter at that level.

in theroy neither side would win it would be a salemate but i did say thanos might get a 6/10 will b/c he has twice held "ulitmatepower"

quanchi112
Because two being's with ulitmate power none would have the advantage to say one has better determination or will power is just doesn't even matter at that level.

in theroy neither side would win it would be a salemate but i did say thanos might get a 6/10 will b/c he has twice held "ulitmatepower" Thanos adapted immediately an donly survived this awesome power through willpower. Ds has no feats anywhere near this. Cronus went mad when he absorbed the presence's power. I don't think Ds could do it either.

godking
Leaning slightly to darkseid.

At the end of the day he wants it more then thanos.

vansonbee
Originally posted by godking

At the end of the day he wants it more then thanos. Mindset: Base on what?

DarkOdin
Thanos adapted immediately an donly survived this awesome power through willpower. Ds has no feats anywhere near this. Cronus went mad when he absorbed the presence's power. I don't think Ds could do it either.

Eh, that the thing apples to oranges D/C to Marvel hard to compare the too directly.

quanchi112
Originally posted by godking

At the end of the day he wants it more then thanos. How so? Ds could never beat a motivated Thanos.

Eh, that the thing apples to oranges D/C to Marvel hard to compare the too directly. Why not? It seems beings over in the dcu cannot adapt to godhod like Thanos can. The Spectre and Cronus both lost it.

DarkOdin
How so? Ds could never beat a motivated Thanos.

Why not? It seems beings over in the dcu cannot adapt to godhod like Thanos can. The Spectre and Cronus both lost it.

Well one Thanos was motivated my Death. He now no longer has that kind of motivation. Not to say he has no will or determation but "Love" in comics is the biggest and Thanos no longer has that drive.

As for adapting

Which could be look at two different way

1. Like you mention it they couldn't handle it

2. The presence is too over whelming for anyone person but god to have.

Heck Both the IG and HOTU were both used by other beings one being a plain mortal "Hotu" and the other warlock.

Like i said apples to oranges

quanchi112
Well one Thanos was motivated my Death. He now no longer has that kind of motivation. Not to say he has no will or determation but "Love" in comics is the biggest and Thanos no longer has that drive.

As for adapting

Which could be look at two different way

1. Like you mention it they couldn't handle it

2. The presence is too over whelming for anyone person but god to have.

Heck Both the IG and HOTU were both used by other beings one being a plain mortal "Hotu" and the other warlock.

Like i said apples to oranges Thanos wasn't motivated by death in marvel's the end.

1.Because they lack the experience to wield such power along with the proper mindset. Thanos has both.

2.For the Spectre and cronus not Thanos.

The hotu was only wielded directly by Thanos and akh took a long time to adapt to only a portion of the power. No, it's not apples to oranges. Thanos had the willpower to adapt in moments to supremacy. ds can make no such claims. Thanos wins.

King Kandy
Akhenaten and the celestial order never controlled THOTU. They just let it sit there and siphoned energy off of it with machines because they couldn't do anything to it.

DarkOdin
Thanos wasn't motivated by death in marvel's the end.

1.Because they lack the experience to wield such power along with the proper mindset. Thanos has both.

2.For the Spectre and cronus not Thanos.

The hotu was only wielded directly by Thanos and akh took a long time to adapt to only a portion of the power. No, it's not apples to oranges. Thanos had the willpower to adapt in moments to supremacy. ds can make no such claims. Thanos wins.

Once again two ways of looking at it.

The Ig has be wielded by both Warlock and Thanos. I doubt either one could overpower the other if there was to IG's.

Point was a mortal was able to tap into. Darkseid is no mortal.

You just being one sided as usual for Thanos.

If you want to get Technical about Thanos"like you are with darkseid" only once had supreme power and he gave it up.

So you got one guy"Darkseid" who can't handle the power in you option and another who will give it up "Thanos"

quanchi112
Once again two ways of looking at it.

The Ig has be wielded by both Warlock and Thanos. I doubt either one could overpower the other if there was to IG's.

Point was a mortal was able to tap into. Darkseid is no mortal.

You just being one sided as usual for Thanos.

If you want to get Technical about Thanos"like you are with darkseid" only once had supreme power and he gave it up.

So you got one guy"Darkseid" who can't handle the power in you option and another who will give it up "Thanos" The ig coul dbe wielded by anyone. It would come down to willpower and I see Thanos getting the better of warlock hence the reason he was selected to obtain the hotu.

A mortal to tap into what? What are you talking about?

No, I am going by the facts and their histories.

Thanos had to give it up. Ds had his power taken away from him and was outplayed by the source when he called Orion into the fray.

Thanos has more impressive willpower and the only person who ever defeated Thanos was himself. This is Thanos' fight to lose and since he usually puts down the competition first it's Thanos' win here.

kevdude
Stalemate although must be said Darkseid has preformed better with less.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
Stalemate although must be said Darkseid has preformed better with less. Such as?

King Kandy
Stalemate although must be said Darkseid has preformed better with less.
Darkseid has a planet full of advanced tech, Thanos has worked from basically the ground up in comparison.

vansonbee
Darkseid has a planet full of advanced tech, Thanos has worked from basically the ground up in comparison. That might be older than himself (pass me downs).

Galan007
Who wins this thread though? as far as will power alone is concerned, i am of the mind that darkseid has accomplished far more than thanos has.

ie. through sheer force of will, and under his own power, darkseid essentially flushed the whole of DC down the cosmic toilet. thanos, on the other hand, could never dream of accomplishing a will power feat on that level, without the aid of some uber artifact.

that's all i'm saying...

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
True and that is impressive. However, I think TOAA saying Thanos was the only one capable of handling the HOTU because his will power was greater than all.. is more impressive IMO. strange... i don't recall TOAA ever saying that... mmm

kevdude
as far as will power alone is concerned, i am of the mind that darkseid has accomplished far more than thanos has.

ie. through sheer force of will, and under his own power, darkseid essentially flushed the whole of DC down the cosmic toilet. thanos, on the other hand, could never dream of accomplishing a will power feat on that level, without the aid of some uber artifact.

that's all i'm saying...

strange... i don't recall TOAA ever saying that... mmm

thumb up Hit the nail on the head.

King Kandy
as far as will power alone is concerned, i am of the mind that darkseid has accomplished far more than thanos has.

Thanos's willpower took control of the power of TOAA. That's like if Darkseid met the presence and stole his power. Definitely a greater willpower feat.

manx422
DS

Warlord
thanos 6/10

Kris Blaze
Thanos DOES have more experience.

But obtaining great power through artifacts seems a bit easier in Marvel. A weekend quest and bam, you're atop the celestial order. Not to mention how ultimate just means that your energy blasts are even stronger than that of the LT.

Galan007
Thanos's willpower took control of the power of TOAA. That's like if Darkseid met the presence and stole his power. Definitely a greater willpower feat. TOAA ultimately allowed thanos to control it's power. if the presence allowed darkseid to control it's power, he could do so as well.

i understand there was a certain degree of will power involved on thanos' part. however, to say that feat trumps darky's feat of willing the entire DC multiverse to crumble own power] is... meh.

Nestical

in theroy neither side would win it would be a salemate but i did say thanos might get a 6/10 will b/c he has twice held "ulitmatepower"

quanchi112

that's all i'm saying...

strange... i don't recall TOAA ever saying that... mmm I don't think Ds could survive the raw power or adapt the way in which Thanos did to become the supreme being. He doesn't have the experience to do so.

Ds had the ale though throughout that entire story and that was the reason he defeated the new gods. He needed an angle himself it seems.

I have seen Superman break Darkseid's will before. Just saying.

kevdude
TOAA ultimately allowed thanos to control it's power. if the presence allowed darkseid to control it's power, he could do so as well.

i understand there was a certain degree of will power involved on thanos' part. however, to say that feat trumps darky's feat of willing the entire DC multiverse to crumble own power] is... meh.

Agreed, Darkseid was planning against The Source to become one with it and use it to his advantage, and still trying not to do whatever The Source wants him to do, which he did somewhat accomplish until it gained insight into what he was planning. Never saw DS have any trouble while merged with it. Thanos on the other hand while a great feat was being used the whole time and never thought about that until the very end and it was way to late. One of them planned for it while the other didn't, we all know who did. smokin'

King Kandy
TOAA ultimately allowed thanos to control it's power. if the presence allowed darkseid to control it's power, he could do so as well.

He didn't allow Thanos really. He left it sitting there, and Thanos was the only being in the universe with enough willpower to consume the energy and not be destroyed. THOTU will destroy anyone who tries to control it, but Thanos's will made it submit to him.

I think making the HOTU bend to his will own power] is a better feat, as THOTU is clearly stronger than the multiverse.

Kris Blaze
Neither Thanos nor Darkseid have ever had the ultimate power fight against them or attempt to stop them, if they had, they would not have succeeded.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Neither Thanos nor Darkseid have ever had the ultimate power fight against them or attempt to stop them, if they had, they would not have succeeded.
Not true. Thanos dominated THOTU with his will even though it was destroying him.

Kris Blaze
Not true. Thanos dominated THOTU with his will even though it was destroying him.

Has nothing to do with TOAA. If he did not want Thanos to have it, Thanos would not have it. Having a hard time adjusting and gaining control over the power is completely different, of course it requires work. Doesn't mean that if TOAA did not want Thanos to have it, he would not have it.

King Kandy
Has nothing to do with TOAA. If he did not want Thanos to have it, Thanos would not have it. Having a hard time adjusting and gaining control over the power is completely different, of course it requires work. Doesn't mean that if TOAA did not want Thanos to have it, he would not have it.
If TOAA didn't want Thanos to have it, he wouldn't have left it laying around in the first place. But it was and Thanos was the only one in existence with the will to control it and make it his.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I would agree with this

KuRuPT Thanosi
Agreed, Darkseid was planning against The Source to become one with it and use it to his advantage, and still trying not to do whatever The Source wants him to do, which he did somewhat accomplish until it gained insight into what he was planning. Never saw DS have any trouble while merged with it. Thanos on the other hand while a great feat was being used the whole time and never thought about that until the very end and it was way to late. One of them planned for it while the other didn't, we all know who did. smokin'

False... that WASN'T planned. He didn't plan on getting his heart ripped out by Orion at all. However, once that did happen and he was "falling" he was like f-it I'm taking all down with me. However, by no means was that his original plan and thus your wrong on that point.

Kris Blaze
If TOAA didn't want Thanos to have it, he wouldn't have left it laying around in the first place. But it was and Thanos was the only one in existence with the will to control it and make it his.

Twice now you attempted to claim that TOAA did not want Thanos to have it. Now you change your argument because you realized how stupid it was.

If he did not want Thanos to have it, Thanos would not have it..

KuRuPT Thanosi

that's all i'm saying...

strange... i don't recall TOAA ever saying that... mmm

Ummmm it wasn't under his own power though Galan. You mentioned his sheer will or willpower that allowed him to do that. Well, he also had a powerup in the ALE that as you know is directly related to controlling minds and taking away will power. Thus, it was a boost to his willpower so to speak. The reason why the ALE is like a powerup, is because others have used it before not just DS, it's not only his to use. Therefore, all he accomplished was not under his own power and the "powerup" he had was directly related to control others willpower and minds. However, I do concede, even with that it was still a great feat and took A LOT of willpower and power in general to do what he did.

xJLxKing
Thanos obtaining the HOTU was the TOAA's plan from the beginning.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos obtaining the HOTU was the TOAA's plan from the beginning.

Bingo Bango.

Nobody can do anything the supreme power does not want them to.

quanchi112
Agreed, Darkseid was planning against The Source to become one with it and use it to his advantage, and still trying not to do whatever The Source wants him to do, which he did somewhat accomplish until it gained insight into what he was planning. Never saw DS have any trouble while merged with it. Thanos on the other hand while a great feat was being used the whole time and never thought about that until the very end and it was way to late. One of them planned for it while the other didn't, we all know who did. smokin' The Source wasn't the supreme being for one. Secondly, Thanos was needed to fix a flaw the supreme being couldn't even fix. Ds lost his power and was run off by Orion. To me that suggests Darkseid's willpower wasn't even greater than Orion's as they were both leeching off the same power source.Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Twice now you attempted to claim that TOAA did not want Thanos to have it. Now you change your argument because you realized how stupid it was. He needed Thanos to have it to do something he himself couldn't accomplish.Originally posted by xJLxKing
Thanos obtaining the HOTU was the TOAA's plan from the beginning. Which changes what?

xJLxKing
If you think about it, it changes everything. If I allow you to come into my house and take my sword it would only take energy to open the door and walk him to have a chance to take my sword.

though, if I don't allow you, you'd need energy to take it FROM my hand, and a locked door

Bouboumaster
If you think about it, it changes everything. If I allow you to come into my house and take my sword it would only take energy to open the door and walk him to have a chance to take my sword.

though, if I don't allow you, you'd need energy to take it FROM my hand, and a locked door

But it doesn't change the fact that only Thanos could have use it, besides of the TOAA itself. Because of his will.

So it makes Thanos will only second to TOAA's in Marvel.

How fare Ds against that?

quanchi112

though, if I don't allow you, you'd need energy to take it FROM my hand, and a locked door What does that have to do with him being the one being that was needed to accomplish this and with the willpower alone to survive the experience?

This thread has to do with willpower. laughing out loud

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
But it doesn't change the fact that only Thanos could have use it, besides of the TOAA itself.
Because it was TOAA's plan. It wasn't TOAA's plan for Reed, or Doom, or anyone else to have it, just Thanos.

quanchi112
Because it was TOAA's plan. It wasn't TOAA's plan for Reed, or Doom, or anyone else to have it, just Thanos. Because they didn't have the experience or the willpower to do so. he selected the best man for the job, Thanos. Mission accomplished.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because it was TOAA's plan. It wasn't TOAA's plan for Reed, or Doom, or anyone else to have it, just Thanos.

because he was the man for the job in the point. Not whether he wanted him to have it or not and really that proves it further if you think about it. If he selected Thanos because he was the only one capable of accomplishing TOAA mission and handling the power how does it make it less impressive he picked Thanos?

xJLxKing
because he was the man for the job in the point. Not whether he wanted him to have it or not and really that proves it further if you think about it. If he selected Thanos because he was the only one capable of accomplishing TOAA mission and handling the power how does it make it less impressive he picked Thanos?
Because TOAA could have done anything to stimulate the situation. Because after all, he could have done it himself if he wanted to.

quanchi112
Because TOAA could have done anything to stimulate the situation. Because after all, he could have done it himself if he wanted to. No, the whole point of the arc was that Thanos was needed to do so. Thanos' experiences and his willpower were the reason he was selected. He wasn't just picked out of a hat. To be selected by the supreme being to fix all of reality because you're the best man for the job is one of the best feats out there.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Because TOAA could have done anything to stimulate the situation. Because after all, he could have done it himself if he wanted to.

Okay but he didn't and needed to select somebody that could handle the job and the only person to handle the job. That makes it less impressive? Hardly

xJLxKing
No, the whole point of the arc was that Thanos was needed to do so. Thanos' experiences and his willpower were the reason he was selected. He wasn't just picked out of a hat. To be selected by the supreme being to fix all of reality because you're the best man for the job is one of the best feats out there.
Guess that makes Superman's Willpower>>>Thanos big grin

But whatever, I said what I had to say

quanchi112
Guess that makes Superman's Willpower>>>Thanos big grin

But whatever, I said what I had to say Based on what?

Thanos' willpower>Superman's willpower>Darkseid's willpower.

xJLxKing
Based on what?

Thanos' willpower>Superman's willpower>Darkseid's willpower.
No, because the writer always chooses to pick Superman to say the day laughing out loud

Think about it, Mandrakk, DS, or anyone else.

quanchi112
No, because the writer always chooses to pick Superman to say the day laughing out loud

Think about it, Mandrakk, DS, or anyone else. No, they don't. Superman didn't save the day in scorps war did he?

That also has nothing to do with willpower.

Orion has also stopped Ds and Superman has had plot devices which didn't require anywhere near the willpower like absorbing the supreme being's power into oneself.

Galan007
Ummmm it wasn't under his own power though Galan. You mentioned his sheer will or willpower that allowed him to do that. Well, he also had a powerup in the ALE that as you know is directly related to controlling minds and taking away will power. Thus, it was a boost to his willpower so to speak. The reason why the ALE is like a powerup, is because others have used it before not just DS, it's not only his to use. Therefore, all he accomplished was not under his own power and the "powerup" he had was directly related to control others willpower and minds. However, I do concede, even with that it was still a great feat and took A LOT of willpower and power in general to do what he did. the ALE had nothing to do with the multiverse-crushing singularity - that was ALL darkseid. the ALE simply allowed him to control the minds of sentient beings within the multiverse.

anyone who says otherwise is wrong.

zeel
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

It dosent change the fact that thanos is a improved version of darksied which is in marvel.

Thanos willpower>darky's

King Kandy
Twice now you attempted to claim that TOAA did not want Thanos to have it. Now you change your argument because you realized how stupid it was.
I never said that TOAA did not want Thanos to have THOTU. Never. What I said was that THOTU was destructive to anyone who tried to use it, and only Thanos had the will to subjugate it and not be destroyed. Guys like Akhenaten and the Celestial order had to just siphon finite amounts because none had what was necessary to use the totality of the power.

quanchi112
I never said that TOAA did not want Thanos to have THOTU. Never. What I said was that THOTU was destructive to anyone who tried to use it, and only Thanos had the will to subjugate it and not be destroyed. Guys like Akhenaten and the Celestial order had to just siphon finite amounts because none had what was necessary to use the totality of the power. thumb up

ColossusGrundy
K....

Darkseid only wants the Anti-Life equation so he can end all life.

If he gets it...gave over.

There won't be a standoff or anything else...everything is dead.

Thanos is a cool char, but he's not sinister enough to take on Darkseid.

vansonbee
Originally posted by ColossusGrundy
K....

Darkseid only wants the Anti-Life equation so he can end all life.

If he gets it...gave over.

There won't be a standoff or anything else...everything is dead.

Thanos is a cool char, but he's not sinister enough to take on Darkseid. Why?

Allankles
Actually he wants the anti-life equation so he can control all life. And I thought Darkseid's will is eternal?

Unlike Thanos Darkseid is actually a force of nature, the manifestation of evil in the cosmic balance.

No reason why he should lose a will power battle to anything but an abstract.

As far as Thanos HOTU feat is concerned, its impressive but Thanos success was arranged by TOAA.

Blanket
Originally posted by Allankles
As far as Thanos HOTU feat is concerned, its impressive but Thanos success was arranged by TOAA. You can attribute that for anything in comics. Doesn't change the fact that he did it.

Allankles
I didn't deny that it happened. And you can't say the same for a lot of other feats.

King Kandy
Actually he wants the anti-life equation so he can control all life. And I thought Darkseid's will is eternal?

Unlike Thanos Darkseid is actually a force of nature, the manifestation of evil in the cosmic balance.

As far as Thanos HOTU feat is concerned, its impressive but Thanos success was arranged by TOAA.
Wow I was hoping this had been cleared up by now. Thanos's willpower is above abstracts. It was stated if Eternity was given THOTU, he would not have been able to use it. TOAA arranged Thanos because he was the only one with the force of will to dominate THOTU.

Blanket
I didn't deny that it happened. And you can't say the same for a lot of other feats. Yes you can. Darkseid only did this because it was in Destiny's book of stuff. etc

He did it. It's a power for him.

kevdude
Wow I was hoping this had been cleared up by now. Thanos's willpower is above abstracts. It was stated if Eternity was given THOTU, he would not have been able to use it. TOAA arranged Thanos because he was the only one with the force of will to dominate THOTU.

What the f**k? So your saying Thanos could have done what he did all by himself without the HOTU?? It also seems by this statement you believe him to be without THOTU that Thanos > the LT, he has never shown power anywhere near that scale all by himself..

thanos-prime
Thanos

KuRuPT Thanosi
What the f**k? So your saying Thanos could have done what he did all by himself without the HOTU?? It also seems by this statement you believe him to be without THOTU that Thanos > the LT, he has never shown power anywhere near that scale all by himself..

Where on earth did you get that from what he said? It's very simple... Simple said the he was chosen because of his WILL and because of his past experiences with ultimate power. The celesial order and others COULDN'T handle the power of the THOTI because they didn't have the will power to do so. Thanos was chosen and basically arranged to get it by the TOAA because he was the man for the job. I'm not sure about the Eternity part that Kandy referenced but if true that is even more proof and very telling proof at that. That point is, Thanos was chosen as the one who could do such a thing and one could say the only person in Marvel who could handle the job. He could handle it because of his sheer will power and guess what this is a will power thread.

quanchi112

As far as Thanos HOTU feat is concerned, its impressive but Thanos success was arranged by TOAA. Hyperbole much? A force of nature, they describe jason voorhees the same way. It's just some a phrase which means nothing.

TOAA wanted Thanos to do so because he knew he could do so based on his experiences. He didn't survive because the supreme being set it up he survived because of his own experiences dealing with power before.Originally posted by kevdude
What the f**k? So your saying Thanos could have done what he did all by himself without the HOTU?? It also seems by this statement you believe him to be without THOTU that Thanos > the LT, he has never shown power anywhere near that scale all by himself.. You just don't get it. Thanos' willpower is stronger than an abstracts. Thanos defeated Eternity in the ig story because of willpower.

King Kandy
I said nothing of the sort. But his WILLPOWER is above LT or anyone else in marvel. THOTU to anyone else is nearly worthless as attempting to absorb it will annihilate you. Thanos bent the HOTU to his will while everyone else had to use complex machinery just to access fractions of it. TOAA selected him because nobody else in marvel could do what he did.

bbrem123
i understand....thanos wins

Allankles
Hyperbole much? A force of nature, they describe jason voorhees the same way. It's just some a phrase which means nothing.

By force of nature I mean that he's more than just a physical guy. It is said that all who worship death and holocaust, worship Darkseid. He and the other New Gods are the personifications of absolute negative or positive qualities.

TOAA wanted Thanos to do so because he knew he could do so based on his experiences. He didn't survive because the supreme being set it up he survived because of his own experiences dealing with power before. You just don't get it. Thanos' willpower is stronger than an abstracts. Thanos defeated Eternity in the ig story because of willpower.

I know that's the idea, but he faccilitated a scenario where Thanos could absorb the power. Thanos couldn't do that with his own will power.

bbrem123
By force of nature I mean that he's more than just a physical guy. It is said that all who worship death and holocaust, worship Darkseid. He and the other New Gods are the personifications of absolute negative or positive qualities.

I know that's the idea, but he faccilitated a scenario where Thanos could absorb the power. Thanos couldn't do that with his own will power.

yes he could with his own will power...TOAA just gave him the opportunity to do it...he wasnt given the will power to do it

Allankles
If TOAA didn't want him to have the power Thanos wouldn't have been able to take it. None of the things he accomplished thereafter would have been possible.

Contrast this to DS whose will power is strong enough on its own to halt destiny by stopping all reality and reworking it to reflect his will. Thanos will power couldn't do that.

Galan007
Originally posted by Blanket
You can attribute that for anything in comics. Doesn't change the fact that he did it. right, but the instance involving THOTI is a bit different. thanos specifically stated that he was "chosen" by the almighty for the task. he even told eternity that THOTI was "given" to him:
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5108/thanos1.jpg

whereas darkseid:
a.) managed to survive after having his heart destroyed.
b.) was able to 'fall' to the material world
3.) form a multiverse crushing singularity.
d.) more or less rewrite the whole of creation in his own image.

...all because his will was THAT strong - the multiverse/mantle of supremacy were not handed to him in a shiny orb of powa.

It was stated if Eternity was given THOTU, he would not have been able to use it. you sure do like to put words in various characters' mouths.

that is not what was said.

Juntai

darkseid:
/B] What happened to Thanos after his heart got ripped out?
>.>

Philosophía
Not the same thing that happened to Lucifer, that's for damn certain.

King Kandy
Never did Thanos get aid in controlling THOTU... never. The "help" he got from TOAA was simply leaving THOTU there to be controlled. It still took Thanos and Thanos alone to control it.

"a poisonous Trinket (THOTI) was OFFERED and I foolishly leapt for it"

TOAA offered THOTU for the taking, but it was destructive to those that attempted it... finally, only Thanos had the force of will to control it.

King Kandy
you sure do like to put words in various characters' mouths.

All right, fine. I checked and what they said was that he couldn't have fixed the flaw if he was given it.

Allankles
right, but the instance involving THOTI is a bit different. thanos specifically stated that he was "chosen" by the almighty for the task. he even told eternity that THOTI was "given" to him:

whereas darkseid:

...all because his will was THAT strong - the multiverse/mantle of supremacy were not handed to him in a shiny orb of powa.

This reminds me of a quote: "Wrestling with Darkseid's is like trying to beat the ocean unconscious."

KuRuPT Thanosi
If TOAA didn't want him to have the power Thanos wouldn't have been able to take it. None of the things he accomplished thereafter would have been possible.

Contrast this to DS whose will power is strong enough on its own to halt destiny by stopping all reality and reworking it to reflect his will. Thanos will power couldn't do that.

Exactly how do you know what Thanos's will power couldn't do what DS did. You have a way to measure DS will power compared to Thanos? Thanos was SPECIFICALLY choosen because of his WILL power and over all other characters in Marvel. He was "guided" and manipulated to finding this power source because yes that is what TOAA wanted. Nobody is arguing that or at least I don't think they are. The point is, it said nothing about increasing his will so he could accomplish the task so that is just some random speculation your throwing out there which isn't logical. If that was the case why would Warlock say.. you were choosen because of YOUR WILL TITAN. If TOAA could just allow anybody to use it that sentence wouldn't make sense. What does make sense and what the writer was clearly trying to protray was that Thanos was the main for the job above all others because of his will and experience with ultimate power.

Now DS feat is impressive and I don't know what is more impressive or not. However, what is going is Thanos's favor is essentially TOAA feels Thanos will > all others. That has never been said about Ds and DC.

Allankles
I already know all that. But what others are trying to say (King Kandy Quan) is that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. In other words they are trying to measure will power using an unquantifiable feat for Thanos. Taking a power up by itself isn't impressive, the only way it becomes impressive is if the author adds a qualify like "it required great will power to harness."

By contrast Darkseid's will power is far more quantifiable by the feats it allowed him to accomplish. Surviving death, arresting his fall, creating a singularity to stop the arrival of a new age/new iteration of reality, and subsequently forcing the multiverse to reflect his image, all because he willed it.

EDIT: And Thanos does not have the power to accomplish said feats, he'd need an artifact or power up to even do half that stuff.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I already know all that. But what others are trying to say (King Kandy Quan) is that what is good for the goose is good for the gander. In other words they are trying to measure will power using an unquantifiable feat for Thanos. Taking a power up by itself isn't impressive, the only way it becomes impressive is if the author adds a qualify like "it required great will power to harness."

By contrast Darkseid's will power is far more quantifiable by the feats it allowed him to accomplish. Surviving death, arresting his fall, creating a singularity to stop the arrival of a new age/new iteration of reality, and subsequently forcing the multiverse to reflect his image, all because he willed it.

EDIT: And Thanos does not have the power to accomplish said feats, he'd need an artifact or power up to even do half that stuff.

Those qualifiers were stated throughout the thread and I just pointed some out. Here they are again.

1. Warlock said you were specifically choosen because of YOUR WILL TITAN. That sentence right there shows that not all could've accomplish the task but Thanos's will was such that he could.

2. Eternity if given the task and heart couldn't have accomplished what Thanos did. Also said.

3. The celestial order and others had to use machines and such just to get a fraction of the power of the heart. The couldn't do anything with it or harness its power because guess what... The didn't have the tools for the job. Thanos does.

I'm not sure how you can say nothing was specifically said when it was in various ways. It said very clearly he was choosen because of his WILL and we see that others even powerful beings couldn't do a damn thing with it. We also see that even eternity couldn't get the job done. So, yet it was said in more than one way just not the specific way you want. That is like me saying... Point me to the Author saying DS willpower is what allowed him to create the sigularity etc etc. I don't remember that ever being specifically said. Thus, I could say the same thing. However, I agree it was his willpower that helped accomplish the events that took place. How you can say it wasn't Thanos will then is just silly when it was stated as such.

Allankles
I suggest you reread the story because your clearly talking out of your ass friend. Eternity has more than enough will power to do the same, it had nothing to do with will power.

Warlock mentioned that Thanos will, that implies that Thanos has a strong will but together with that it also implied Thanos' mindset, he had the mind necessary for that specific task. It wasn't just about will power that Thanos was selected, if you remember the story line.

And we know it's darkseid's will power because we're told that he's refusing to die and pass away as the universe intends for him to do. Even after he is shot by the Radion bullet he continues to resist, after the Black Racer takes his spirit he still resists, waiting to corrupt Superman's wish with a stray thought or word.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I suggest you reread the story because your clearly talking out of your ass friend. Eternity has more than enough will power to do the same, it had nothing to do with will power.

Warlock mentioned that Thanos will, that implies that Thanos has a strong will but together with that it also implied Thanos' mindset, he had the mind necessary for that specific task. It wasn't just about will power that Thanos was selected, if you remember the story line.

And we know it's darkseid's will power because we're told that he's refusing to die and pass away as the universe intends for him to do.

What is good for goose is good for the gander Allan. You said the writer had to specifically state "this task required a lot of will power" your quote was something like that on what you wanted. So then, point me to a similar quote that said the same about DS. Good luck on that. You can't have it power ways. Thanos's feat SPECIFICALLY states Thanos was choosen because of his will. Period. That is more than what is said about DS. It was also stated if my memory is correct that Eternity couldn't accomplish the task IIRC. Maybe you need to go read it again. Point is, Thanos will was why he was choosen (along with mindset, which I already referenced) for the job and that was specifically stated, which is more than what was said about DS and his feat.

Allankles
Eternity could not accomplish the task TOAA wanted accomplished. The task not involving absorbtion of THOTU but the fixing of a universal flaw that would end the universe. That wasn't about absorbing THOTU.

As for the rest of this, your misusing my quote. I only mentioned qualifiers being used for a feat that is unimpressive on its own, like taking a power up. Darkseid's own feats didn't need qualifiers like "great will power required" because they speak for themselves, they are action feats nothing ambiguous about them.

King Kandy

The feat of the Heart is that it puts his willpower above anybody in the whole of marvel.

kevdude

And we know it's darkseid's will power because we're told that he's refusing to die and pass away as the universe intends for him to do. Even after he is shot by the Radion bullet he continues to resist, after the Black Racer takes his spirit he still resists, waiting to corrupt Superman's wish with a stray thought or word.

Indeed, the feat he (DS) pulled off showed just how prepared he was against everyone, except the Flashes of course. He had way more against him then Thanos ever did (until he had the HOTU which by that time his opposition didn't mean much).

Galan007
By contrast Darkseid's will power is far more quantifiable by the feats it allowed him to accomplish. Surviving death, arresting his fall, creating a singularity to stop the arrival of a new age/new iteration of reality, and subsequently forcing the multiverse to reflect his image, all because he willed it. not to mention that he melded all of time into a single moment. darkseid: "as ALL time becomes ONE time, the time has come to strike."

...all through will.

King Kandy
Indeed, the feat he (DS) pulled off showed just how prepared he was against everyone, except the Flashes of course. He had way more against him then Thanos ever did (until he had the HOTU which by that time his opposition didn't mean much).
Getting HOTU itself is the feat. I'd take that over doing shit to the multiverse any day. HOTU>multiverse.

Galan007
Getting HOTU itself is the feat. I'd take that over doing shit to the multiverse any day. HOTU>multiverse. darkseid was > multiverse as well. the difference is, he didn't need an artifact to achieve that power - it was all him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
darkseid was > multiverse as well. the difference is, he didn't need an artifact to achieve that power - it was all him.

Question Galan

When I read it though, it seemed that part of what happened was because of his "position". When he "fell" to a place he didn't "belong" that world couldn't handle the intrusion. I also kinda felt like it was also because of his position as The New God and embodiment of evil so to speak. Thus, when that was no longer there the balance of the multiverse or universe was thrown off. I might be wrong but it seemed that part of that was because of the void of him dying left and because of the falling into a place he didn't belong.

thanos-prime
Thanos

King Kandy
darkseid was > multiverse as well. the difference is, he didn't need an artifact to achieve that power - it was all him.
Thanos didn't need an artifact to take control of THOTU: indeed, it was his ability to take control that got him the artifact in the first place.

quanchi112

I know that's the idea, but he faccilitated a scenario where Thanos could absorb the power. Thanos couldn't do that with his own will power. No, that isn't the case at all. I have no idea where you get this nonsense. The guy was defeated the same as he always is despite the ale and all the prep he had against earth.

Yes, he could. No one else could it seems. His willpower adjusted and he survived solely because of it. This feat is the greatest feat of willpower out there as far as I can tell.

Contrast this to DS whose will power is strong enough on its own to halt destiny by stopping all reality and reworking it to reflect his will. Thanos will power couldn't do that. That doesn't change the fact that Thanos was the only one who could do so. The supreme being got the ball rolling but Thanos mastered this power on his own due to willpower.

right, but the instance involving THOTI is a bit different. thanos specifically stated that he was "chosen" by the almighty for the task. he even told eternity that THOTI was "given" to him:

whereas darkseid:

that is not what was said. That feat is nowhere near Thanos' feat from marvels' the end. No matter how you spin it Thanos mastered the energies of supremacy because of his willpower.

quanchi112

EDIT: And Thanos does not have the power to accomplish said feats, he'd need an artifact or power up to even do half that stuff. Ds had the ale the entire time and prep to accomplish all that he did in final crisis. He needed some kind of advantage the ale to defeat the new gods. erm Originally posted by Juntai
What happened to Thanos after his heart got ripped out?
>.> What happened when Orion ripped out Darkseid's heart?Originally posted by Allankles

EDIT: And Thanos does not have the power to accomplish said feats, he'd need an artifact or power up to even do half that stuff. Are you kidding me?

Read what it says, I alone had the training to do so. Key words are I and alone if you were paying attention.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend4kebbin08-4.jpg

By sheer force of WILL.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend4kebbin09-4.jpg

Don't ever let me catch you ever twisting mighty Thanos' feats. Ever.

And we know it's darkseid's will power because we're told that he's refusing to die and pass away as the universe intends for him to do. Even after he is shot by the Radion bullet he continues to resist, after the Black Racer takes his spirit he still resists, waiting to corrupt Superman's wish with a stray thought or word. Here's Thanos beating Eternity because his willpower was greater than the living embodiment of this reality.

Thanos won due to his willpower.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/The_Infinity_Guantlet_05-29.jpg
The feat of the Heart is that it puts his willpower above anybody in the whole of marvel. Exactly, I put the scan up where Thanos said only he could do so which puts his willpower above anyone else's in marvels. Originally posted by kevdude
Indeed, the feat he (DS) pulled off showed just how prepared he was against everyone, except the Flashes of course. He had way more against him then Thanos ever did (until he had the HOTU which by that time his opposition didn't mean much). Ds always loses even when he had the source outprepped. he pulled out Orion and this took away Ds's advantage. Ares also outprepped him with regards to the godwave.

King Kandy
Quanchi do you have the scan where Thanos says Eternity himself could not have accomplished his feat?

quanchi112
Quanchi do you have the scan where Thanos says Eternity himself could not have accomplished his feat? I think this is the one you are referring to.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend5kebbin15-3.jpg

King Kandy
I think this is the one you are referring to.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/marveltheend5kebbin15-3.jpg
I guess. Certainly not how I remembered it, but it does make Thanos's will above Eternity's.

quanchi112
I guess. Certainly not how I remembered it, but it does make Thanos's will above Eternity's. It was referenced in another comic that the reason Thanos beat Eternity during the infinity gauntlet was due to his willpower.

bbrem123
i love how warlock says thanos only loses when he makes himself lose

King Kandy
Originally posted by bbrem123
i love how warlock says thanos only loses when he makes himself lose
It's pretty much true.

bbrem123
It's pretty much true.

i kno lol..thats why it is such a great quote

quanchi112
Originally posted by bbrem123
i kno lol..thats why it is such a great quote To me that speaks volumes about him. No one is good enough to beat him he only loses when he decides to subconsciously.

Allankles

That's pretty much all that needs to be said.

Allankles
Here's Thanos beating Eternity because his willpower was greater than the living embodiment of this reality.

Thanos won due to his willpower.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa41/quanchi112/The_Infinity_Guantlet_05-29.jpg

I don't see any mention of beating Eternity due to will power. Also in the end Thanos never tells Eternity that he couldn't accomplish absorbing THOTU because of will power.

Eternity didn't have issues absorbing THOTU which is what you claimed.

King Kandy
That's pretty much all that needs to be said.
Thanos controlled something greater than the multiverse. That is a superior feat.

Allankles
No. The point is Darkseid didn't need an artifact or a power source to reconfigure the multiverse, unlike Thanos who doesn't have that power.

And it doesn't get any bigger than multiversal, except if you're bigger than said multiverse.

King Kandy
The HOTU, is greater than the multiverse, as proven when it absorbed it easily.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Question Galan

When I read it though, it seemed that part of what happened was because of his "position". When he "fell" to a place he didn't "belong" that world couldn't handle the intrusion. I also kinda felt like it was also because of his position as The New God and embodiment of evil so to speak. Thus, when that was no longer there the balance of the multiverse or universe was thrown off. I might be wrong but it seemed that part of that was because of the void of him dying left and because of the falling into a place he didn't belong.

still applies and why it wasn't just his own power at work here.

quanchi112
I don't see any mention of beating Eternity due to will power. Also in the end Thanos never tells Eternity that he couldn't accomplish absorbing THOTU because of will power.

Eternity didn't have issues absorbing THOTU which is what you claimed. Did you read it? Why did you ingore the rest of my post which called your bluff. Thanos said he was the only one who could accomplish this.

It's stated in black and white in another comic that Thanos beat him due to willpower. It's obvious anyways. In marvel's the end it's stated through his training and willpower Thanos is the only one who can do this feat.Originally posted by Allankles
No. The point is Darkseid didn't need an artifact or a power source to reconfigure the multiverse, unlike Thanos who doesn't have that power.

And it doesn't get any bigger than multiversal, except if you're bigger than said multiverse. We aren't talking about mulitversal feats we are talking about willpower. Ds did all that damage to his position and what not. It's just like when he was pulled out of the timestream and reality fell apart.

It has nothing to do with Ds doing so under his own power. It has nothing to do with whose will is stronger. Thanos' feat speaks volumes about willpower. He wins.

Allankles
The HOTU, is greater than the multiverse, as proven when it absorbed it easily.

Again. This had nothing to do with Thanos own power, whatever your views of the multiverse. DS was using his own power, Thanos doesn't have such power, not even a significant fraction of such power.

Allankles
Did you read it? Why did you ingore the rest of my post which called your bluff. Thanos said he was the only one who could accomplish this.

He was the one who could accomplish the task of fixing that specific universal flaw. He was not the only one that could absorb THOTU, which is what you stated before. Nevermind that guys like Eternity have so much more capacity for such absorption.

It's stated in black and white in another comic that Thanos beat him due to willpower..

Give me the issue, comic title, anything and I'll concede the point. I'm not beyond accepting evidence.

It has nothing to do with Ds doing so under his own power.

And you'd be wrong. The authors commentary on FC 7 says otherwise. DS was re constituting the multiverse with his own power, according to GM he was also retconning and destroying realities.

What you don't seem to get is that DS is a personification of absolute negative qualities in the multiverse. He is a higher order entity and that's why he was able to warp the material realm (multiverse) like he did.

According to FC whatever happened in heaven (the fourth world) was mirrored in the multiverse, so when evil won, the universal balance between good and evil was shifted in DS' favor.

Allowing him to wreck havoc in a way he couldn't before, because there was nothing left to balance/negate his power in the multiverse once New Genesis lost.

King Kandy
Again. This had nothing to do with Thanos own power, whatever your views of the multiverse. DS was using his own power, Thanos doesn't have such power, not even a significant fraction of such power.
It was under his own power. He took over THOTU, under his own power. I don't see what's hard to understand here.

Galan007
Question Galan

When I read it though, it seemed that part of what happened was because of his "position". When he "fell" to a place he didn't "belong" that world couldn't handle the intrusion. I also kinda felt like it was also because of his position as The New God and embodiment of evil so to speak. Thus, when that was no longer there the balance of the multiverse or universe was thrown off. I might be wrong but it seemed that part of that was because of the void of him dying left and because of the falling into a place he didn't belong. darkseid's existence in the multiverse is what was flushing it down the cosmic toilet - the thing is, him 'falling' there should have been utterly impossible. why? because when a new god's heart is destroyed, they are supposed to instantly die however, instead of simply dying, darkseid quite literally willed his 'true' form to plummet down to the mainstream DCU once there, darkseid knew that his mere presence within the multiverse would irrevocably destroy it ..

"i'm the only one who can see the shadow. this gigantic shadow cast across the entire multiverse. falling over everything":
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9310/ds2u.jpg

even when darkseid 'possessed' turpin's body, it was still through sheer force of will that his existence within the multiverse continued. without such massive will, darkseid, and darkseid alone, would have continued to fall to his own personal hades. instead, he did not merely continue to survive, but he also formed a friggin' singularity around himself, of which was intertwining/destroying the entire multiverse - ie. if darkseid was going to die, everything was going to die with him... all through will powa, my friend..

"darkseid's falling, dragging this whole universe down as he goes. the entire structure of existence. the whole multiverse, wally":
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4899/ds4.jpg

hell, even after darkseid was shot with a lethal dose of radion, after he was hit by his own omega sanction, and after he'd met the black racer, his energy form still continued to linger within the material world
it was only when superman sang the 'life-equation' that darkseid was more or less canceled out:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4818/ds5.jpg

and the best part is... darkseid knew all of this was going to happen. he knew full well what his battle with orion could potentially gain him. that's why he made this comment to libra, just before he and orion had their 'final battle'..

"there will be great changes on earth in the days to come, libra. you must be ready for whatever transpires":
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3860/ds1a.jpg

----

anyhow, darkseid's feats of will > thanos'. imo.

quanchi112
He was the one who could accomplish the task of fixing that specific universal flaw. He was not the only one that could absorb THOTU, which is what you stated before. Nevermind that guys like Eternity have so much more capacity for such absorption.

Give me the issue, comic title, anything and I'll concede the point. I'm not beyond accepting evidence.

And you'd be wrong. The authors commentary on FC 7 says otherwise. DS was re constituting the multiverse with his own power, according to GM he was also retconning and destroying realities.

What you don't seem to get is that DS is a personification of absolute negative qualities in the multiverse. He is a higher order entity and that's why he was able to warp the material realm (multiverse) like he did.

According to FC whatever happened in heaven (the fourth world) was mirrored in the multiverse, so when evil won, the universal balance between good and evil was shifted in DS' favor.

Allowing him to wreck havoc in a way he couldn't before, because there was nothing left to balance/negate his power in the multiverse once New Genesis lost. I put this up before but you failed to click on it.

Allankles you are clueless on Thanos and misinformed on Ds it would appear. When your key points are he's a force of nature that's just a hyperbolic statement which proves about as much as calling Odin omnipotent.

I alone had the WILL and the training.

You are flat out wrong and actually ignore the comic itself to take away from Thanos' feat that trumps anything Ds has ever done.

Then provide the proof. Provide the statements that correlate your points.

What you don't get is that you had the ale the entire time and it aided him in defeating the other new gods. he has done nothing to even suggest he's anywhere near Odin level. Thanos has already taken Odin on before his got more powerful with his final powerup.

Basically the universal tilt was off balance due to evil winning. It had everything to do with their position and not their own power levels. Had the good guys won the balance would have still been off in the opposite direction.

And through sheer force of WILL, I prevailed.

KuRuPT Thanosi
darkseid's existence in the multiverse is what was flushing it down the cosmic toilet - the thing is, him 'falling' there should have been utterly impossible. why? because when a new god's heart is destroyed, they are supposed to instantly die however, instead of simply dying, darkseid quite literally willed his 'true' form to plummet down to the mainstream DCU once there, darkseid knew that his mere presence within the multiverse would irrevocably destroy it ..

"i'm the only one who can see the shadow. this gigantic shadow cast across the entire multiverse. falling over everything":
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9310/ds2u.jpg

even when darkseid 'possessed' turpin's body, it was still through sheer force of will that his existence within the multiverse continued. without such massive will, darkseid, and darkseid alone, would have continued to fall to his own personal hades. instead, he did not merely continue to survive, but he also formed a friggin' singularity around himself, of which was intertwining/destroying the entire multiverse - ie. if darkseid was going to die, everything was going to die with him... all through will powa, my friend..

"darkseid's falling, dragging this whole universe down as he goes. the entire structure of existence. the whole multiverse, wally":
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4899/ds4.jpg

hell, even after darkseid was shot with a lethal dose of radion, after he was hit by his own omega sanction, and after he'd met the black racer, his energy form still continued to linger within the material world
it was only when superman sang the 'life-equation' that darkseid was more or less canceled out:
http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/4818/ds5.jpg

and the best part is... darkseid knew all of this was going to happen. he knew full well what his battle with orion could potentially gain him. that's why he made this comment to libra, just before he and orion had their 'final battle'..

"there will be great changes on earth in the days to come, libra. you must be ready for whatever transpires":
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3860/ds1a.jpg

----

anyhow, darkseid's feats of will > thanos'. imo. thumb up

Good job on this and explaining this Galan. The only thing I disagree with is that he planned on Orion killing him. That quote was rather ambiguous and really can be taken a few ways. However, I say nothing that suggested he let Orion rip his heart out so he could then do what transpired. Seemed to me like that wasn't his plan but once that happened your right his will power, power, position did some impressive stuff.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I put this up before but you failed to click on it.

Allankles you are clueless on Thanos and misinformed on Ds it would appear. When your key points are he's a force of nature that's just a hyperbolic statement which proves about as much as calling Odin omnipotent.

I alone had the WILL and the training.

You are flat out wrong and actually ignore the comic itself to take away from Thanos' feat that trumps anything Ds has ever done.

Then provide the proof. Provide the statements that correlate your points.

What you don't get is that you had the ale the entire time and it aided him in defeating the other new gods. he has done nothing to even suggest he's anywhere near Odin level. Thanos has already taken Odin on before his got more powerful with his final powerup.

Basically the universal tilt was off balance due to evil winning. It had everything to do with their position and not their own power levels. Had the good guys won the balance would have still been off in the opposite direction.

And through sheer force of WILL, I prevailed.

Good job on the scans Quan... Through sheer force of will... was he able to dominate a power like no other.

quanchi112
Good job on the scans Quan... Through sheer force of will... was he able to dominate a power like no other. I put them up before for allankles and he didn't click on them. He tries my patience.

Galan007
thumb up

Good job on this and explaining this Galan. The only thing I disagree with is that he planned on Orion killing him. That quote was rather ambiguous and really can be taken a few ways. However, I say nothing that suggested he let Orion rip his heart out so he could then do what transpired. Seemed to me like that wasn't his plan but once that happened your right his will power, power, position did some impressive stuff. i'm not saying darkseid 'let' orion shred his heart - i'm saying that it was a win/win situation for him either way. afterall, darky would have still gained the ultimate supremacy he so desired, no matter the outcome of his and orion's final battle.

Merlyn
I hate bumping this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning that Darkseid was able to prevent the Source Being itself from accessing the energies of all the fallen New Gods {energies that the Source Being created}, just by willing it.
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/8766/deathofthenewgods08012.th.jpg

That is pretty remarkable.

OneDumbG0
darkseid's existence in the multiverse is what was flushing it down the cosmic toilet - the thing is, him 'falling' there should have been utterly impossible. why? because when a new god's heart is destroyed, they are supposed to instantly die however, instead of simply dying, darkseid quite literally willed his 'true' form to plummet down to the mainstream DCU once there, darkseid knew that his mere presence within the multiverse would irrevocably destroy it .. That's... an interesting interpretation. And one that unfortunately has gaping holes in it.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by Merlyn
I hate bumping this thread, but I think it's worth mentioning that Darkseid was able to prevent the Source Being itself from accessing the energies of all the fallen New Gods {energies that the Source Being created}, just by willing it.

That is pretty remarkable.

DONG right? Pretty impresive.

kevdude
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
That's... an interesting interpretation. And one that unfortunately has gaping holes in it.

Really? laughing out loud Cause that's Morrisons interpretation of the events as well. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Galan007
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
That's... an interesting interpretation. And one that unfortunately has gaping holes in it. i'm shocked that you don't agree *not really*. it is, however, not something i care to argue any further. smile

Nihilist
Thanos survived the effect of travelling through Nexus of realities through will alone with out the aid of any power up.

OneDumbG0
Really? laughing out loud Cause that's Morrisons interpretation of the events as well. roll eyes (sarcastic) Are you referring to a post-Final Crisis interview or something?

quanchi112
Originally posted by Merlyn

That is pretty remarkable. Because he was tapping into his power source. The Source quickly remedied the situation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.